shape
carat
color
clarity

"Old Hollywood" Engagement Ring Pictures

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...4/famous-engagement-rings-from-old-hollywood/

Every time I'm watching a classic b&w movie or tv show- I always try and zoom in on what jewelry the actresses are wearing!
Lately, I'm really loving 40's/50's/60's pieces. I've cycled through Victorian/deco/nouveau/arts & crafts era- so I guess it makes sense that I'm heading in this direction!

The only ring that is from the 1920's in these pictures is Norma Sheaer's ring from 1927. It is a gorgeous marquise diamond- I want it! :)

Great thread idea!
Here is Elizabeth Taylor wearing her 29.4 ct. ring from Mike Todd
IMG_20240809_155524489.jpg

This is the fabulous Agnes Moorehead and her big star sapphire ring.
I don't believe it was an engagement ring, though. She wore it well into the 1970s

Screenshot_20240809-154651~2.png

Screenshot_20240809-154541~3.png

Jennifer Jones.
I'm not sure if she was married to Robert Walker or David O. Selznick when this pic was taken.

Screenshot_20240810-090416~2.png

Ava Gardner when she married Mickey Rooney.
Screenshot_20240810-154607~2.png

And Ava when she was married to Frank Sinatra
Screenshot_20240810-155222~2.png

I know this is hereasy on Pricescope, but......these all just look so......uncomfortable.....to me. Maybe it's my sensory issues! :loopy:

ETA: Now, I wouldn't kick Irene Dunn's ring out of bed.....

I heard that as well. When I was a kid, I was crazy for Elizabeth Montgomery's heart shaped necklace, which she wore in most every episode.
1723325710805.png

I think I read somewhere they she actually lost the original diamond heart necklace and replaced it with a stimulant. I always loved that necklace and a few years ago, got my small diamond cluster heart pendant.

I just love that so many of them had diamonds other than MRB’s.

I heard that as well. When I was a kid, I was crazy for Elizabeth Montgomery's heart shaped necklace, which she wore in most every episode.
1723325710805.png

Seeing this and Agnes Morehead REALLY takes me back to childhood afterschool TV.

Seeing this and Agnes Morehead REALLY takes me back to childhood afterschool TV.

I read that Agnes Moorehead was not happy to be remembered for Bewitched.
She had been nominated for 4 Academy Awards long before that show.
I really liked her in "Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte"

I can imagine that being upsetting for her! Wow, I had no idea. Bewitched was already in syndication by the time I was old enough to watch much TV - hence it being part of my after-school routine - so that was all I ever knew her for. She certainly created a memorable character on it.

Joan Blondell.
She was married to Dick Powell when this photo was taken. She was also later married to Mike Todd.
She was excellent in "Nightmare Alley".
Screenshot_20240812-100612~2.png

Last edited:
Jane Greer.
She was married to either singer Rudy Vallee or Edward Lasker(some rich guy) at this time.
Screenshot_20240812-100437~2.png

Last edited:
Donna Reed. She was in dozens of movies the 1940s.
She was married to Tony Owen, a producer.
Screenshot_20240812-100249~2.png

Last edited:
Interesting that they all chose elongated cuts, with the majority appearing to be emerald cuts.

ETA: Donna Reed looks the epitome of casual chic, with her cozy sweater and (relatively) modest emerald cut with that "easy breezy" bit of a gap to the plain band.

Interesting that they all chose elongated cuts, with the majority appearing to be emerald cuts.

ETA: Donna Reed looks the epitome of casual chic, with her cozy sweater and (relatively) modest emerald cut with that "easy breezy" bit of a gap to the plain band.

Yes, so many emerald cuts. I love Ava's ring from Sinatra the most. She had a small but wonderful collection and loved VCA.

Yes, so many emerald cuts. I love Ava's ring from Sinatra the most. She had a small but wonderful collection and loved VCA.

Here is some of her jewelry in my 1989 Sotheby's catalog. Fabulous!
IMG_20240812_180053322.jpg

IMG_20240812_180110415.jpg

IMG_20240812_180122673.jpg

Off topic a bit, but Gene Tierney and Dana Andrews in "Laura"= :love:

That is one of my favorite movies.
I could watch it again and again. She was so beautiful.
Clifton Webb was deliciously snide! And featuring the fabulous Vincent Price of course!

Have you seen "Leave Her to Heaven"? Another great Gene Tierney movie.

Last edited:
That is one of my favorite movies.
I could watch it again and again. She was so beautiful.
Clifton Webb was deliciously snide! And featuring the fabulous Vincent Price of course!

Have you seen "Leave Her to Heaven"? Another great Gene Tierney movie.

She really was beautiful - but had a sad life.

I have a huge(!) list of film noir movies I want to watch- and "Leave Her to Heaven" is on the list.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP