shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Show Me Your Emeralds

Drahokam

Rough_Rock
The color is beautiful! And the size looks perfect! Congrats on a wonderful find

Thank you, i was lucky to have been browsing mastercutgems that day, Rachelle posted two sets of chivor emeralds on sale, both sold within hours.

Drahokam

Rough_Rock
Emerald3.JPG
Here is my engagement ring. :kiss2: It’s a 3ct Muzo emerald with half carat D VVS1 sides. So hard to capture that glow accurately!
Emerald1.JPG

_MG_2021.jpg

Congratulations! And wow for the ring, beautiful!

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
My first CS! This is all @Neptune 's fault! I have loved her emerald for a year so I needed to get an emerald!! Im doing a north south toi et moi since I happen to have a pear lab diamond I was trying to sell and no one wanted, lol

IMG_9789.jpg

image4.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Vendor pic:
s-l1600 (1).jpg

@
My first CS! This is all @Neptune 's fault! I have loved her emerald for a year so I needed to get an emerald!! Im doing a north south toi et moi since I happen to have a pear lab diamond I was trying to sell and no one wanted, lol

IMG_9789.jpg

image4.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Vendor pic:
s-l1600 (1).jpg

@Inked what vendor did you use for this? It's beautiful

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
A little trapiche:
TrapicheMulti.jpg
Scale divisions are mm.

This one has unusually thin and sharp segment walls. The colour is not a as strong as it could be - it's probably more for collecting than for wearing. But all trapiches are fascinating. They grow naturally like that. It's amazing!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one has unusually thin and sharp segment walls.

I love this and I'm so glad you used the ruler; some end up with such wavy lines!

Seriously, a very cool and collectible example. Have you ever tried making a ring with a cabochon btw? :cool2:

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
Seriously, a very cool and collectible example. Have you ever tried making a ring with a cabochon btw? :cool2:

If I'd come by a suitable trapiche cab, I'd absolutely have set it. But ring-worthy ones are seriously hard to find, and 'not inexpensive'. If you look at examples on the net, you will see that it's not so easy to set them effectively - the division walls tend to block the light.

The closest I have is this, which is half a trapiche, with the axis set crosswise. I've shown it before. It's one of my favourites:
Trapiche.jpg
Because there's only one prominent segment wall (the others are at low angles), letting the light in is not a problem.

If you mean a ring with an ordinary (non-trapiche) emerald cab, it's on my wish-list. But I haven't found the right cab yet.

Last edited:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you mean a ring with an ordinary (non-trapiche) emerald cab, it's on my wish-list. But I haven't found the right cab yet.

I meant any old cab and I know you have many -- was just giving you a hard time!

I love that "half a trapiche" ring! What are the accent stones?

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
I meant any old cab and I know you have many -- was just giving you a hard time!

I love that "half a trapiche" ring! What are the accent stones?

Yes, I love cabs. I also think they are very suitable for men's rings. For starters, they don't (always) have the deep backs of faceted stones. So they can be set lower. They also fit the image of gentlemanly understatement - not that I'm a gentleman.:)

The accent stones are black spinels.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
A little trapiche:
TrapicheMulti.jpg
Scale divisions are mm.

This one has unusually thin and sharp segment walls. The colour is not a as strong as it could be - it's probably more for collecting than for wearing. But all trapiches are fascinating. They grow naturally like that. It's amazing!

I have a trapiche a lot like that one. The color is not especially impressive, but the pattern is cool. I had it set in rhodium-plated argentium sterling with a floor underneath the emerald, so the light reflects back out. There's a little space behind the stone for cleaning. I asked for a crown setting to let in light, with the points lined up with the star. You can see the pattern clearly when bright light shines on it from above, but when light comes from the side, it looks dark or half dark.

IMG_3624.jpg
IMG_3650.jpg
IMG_3645.jpg
IMG_3631.jpg
IMG_3658.jpg
IMG_3646.jpg

With a star sapphire and a chrysoberyl cat's eye:
IMG_3688.jpg

Last edited:

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
I have a trapiche a lot like that one. The color is not especially impressive, but the pattern is cool. I had it set in rhodium-plated argentium sterling with a floor underneath the emerald, so the light reflects back out. There's a little space behind the stone for cleaning. I asked for a crown setting to let in light, with the points lined up with the star. You can see the pattern clearly when bright light shines on it from above, but when light comes from the side, it looks dark or half dark.

Yes, that's a lot like mine. You have set it very well, doing everything possible to let the light in. I might do something similar with mine.

I love that last picture. My favourite stones - star, trapiche and cat's eye - all together.

JRVAULTS

Rough_Rock
Okay, ladies, please let's see those emeralds! :appl: :appl:

I have only a couple of stones left to set, and one is an emerald (emerald cut, just to be redundant about it) from Dana at Mastercut. It's a 5 x 7 Muzo mine stone, I bought it a couple of years ago, and I still haven't decided on a home for it. Please show me yours, and in a few months, I'll show you mine. :naughty:

This is also a great excuse for LD to unveil some of her lovelies, since she's reticent about starting her own threads. If she lived near me, I'd go and into her jewelry box . . . :cheeky: . . . sorry, drifted off there . . .

All emeralds welcome here, rings, earrings, round, square, whatever. They seem to do these kind of "show me your" threads in SMTB all the time, and it seems to work for them, lets see if we can get one going over here. :appl:

Okay, ladies, please let's see those emeralds! :appl: :appl:

I have only a couple of stones left to set, and one is an emerald (emerald cut, just to be redundant about it) from Dana at Mastercut. It's a 5 x 7 Muzo mine stone, I bought it a couple of years ago, and I still haven't decided on a home for it. Please show me yours, and in a few months, I'll show you mine. :naughty:

This is also a great excuse for LD to unveil some of her lovelies, since she's reticent about starting her own threads. If she lived near me, I'd go and into her jewelry box . . . :cheeky: . . . sorry, drifted off there . . .

All emeralds welcome here, rings, earrings, round, square, whatever. They seem to do these kind of "show me your" threads in SMTB all the time, and it seems to work for them, lets see if we can get one going over here. :appl:

Big green blobs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240817-131114.png
    Screenshot_20240817-131114.png
    264.5 KB · Views: 12

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

freddyboston

Shiny_Rock
Had JR Colombian make a fun Pear Pendant last month..... came out great and looks crazy under UV :)... i do like how he video documents the build...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results