shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Re-set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alamb

Rough_Rock
Diamondglee - Can I have your nails? They are so perfect!!

Harriet - I knew there was a reason I liked you, I am also a tax geek. How funny! Although, I am now a SAHM like bluehue w/ 3 children. I haven''t really practiced since my second child was born 5 years ago.

Regarding the ring, I love the pave, it looks great. I would also wait, however, until you find your permanent stone before spending the $ on a Leon. Good Luck!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet,

I reckon, IF i) you really like it, ii) you can afford it and iii) wouldn''t mind having to change the setting again once you get your new stone, you should just go for it!
11.gif
Life is too short! JMO.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 12:02:27 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 3/8/2007 8:36:17 PM
Author: Harriet
Bluehue,
That''s ok, fellow tax geek.
Hope you get to do whatever makes you and your family happiest!

Cehra,
No problem. You can still do your PhD.
1.gif
:) Oh I plan to!! I would start in the fall but my husband has one more year on his masters and we decided to not go to school at the same time... and of course next summer we''re moving... so it might be 3 more years before I go back... but I might go to school at the junior college here next year and just take a couple classes to kinda get in the swing of things :)
Cehra,
Go for it!
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 7:29:23 AM
Author: alamb

Harriet - I knew there was a reason I liked you, I am also a tax geek. How funny! Although, I am now a SAHM like bluehue w/ 3 children. I haven''t really practiced since my second child was born 5 years ago.

Regarding the ring, I love the pave, it looks great. I would also wait, however, until you find your permanent stone before spending the $ on a Leon. Good Luck!

Allison,

Date: 3/9/2007 7:29:23 AM
Author: alamb

So that''s why I liked you too! Please say more about your practise days.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto on both counts, Mrssalvo.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mrssalvo,
Thanks on both counts! They are a handful though.

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
Good luck on school Cehrabera.

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
Hey Harriet -

Do you do corporate tax?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bluehue,
Yes, I do. Love it.

Btw, does anyone know what a "tulip head" is?

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 10:06:27 PM
Bluehue,

Yes, I do. Love it.

Btw, does anyone know what a ''tulip head'' is?

Tulip head ring from the top:

tulip head ring top.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck with school, Cehra, and enjoy it. Personally, I think going to school is one of the best and most enjoyable stages in one''s life.

Harriet, so you a tax lawyer? Is your work similar to that of a tax CPA? The reason I ask is that I''m, as you may know, a UK Chartered Accountant (similar to American CPA), and have done tax, both personal income and corporate tax, but find the work very "taxing"
1.gif
and requires a huge amount of patience and incredible attention to detail and have a lot of respect for tax people.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
And the side: (Sorry it''s a different pic)

Tulip-set-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-2.gif

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
I love the clean, classic lines of the existing setting/design. If you want to change it up, do something different by paring a band or two with this beauty...

-J

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 10:19:14 PM
Author: poptart

Bluehue,

Yes, I do. Love it.

Thanks, Poptart.
Btw, your cat''s pose is hilarious.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 10:23:30 PM
Author: BunniBling
I love the clean, classic lines of the existing setting/design. If you want to change it up, do something different by paring a band or two with this beauty...

-J
Thanks for the compliment.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 10:29:52 PM
Date: 3/9/2007 10:19:14 PM

Author: poptart

Bluehue,

Yes, I do. Love it.

Thanks, Poptart.

Btw, your cat''s pose is hilarious.
Thanks! I love that pose too... unfortunately he''s not my cat, but he sure is cute!

*M*

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 10:21:19 PM
Author: lienTN
Good luck with school, Cehra, and enjoy it. Personally, I think going to school is one of the best and most enjoyable stages in one's life.

Harriet, so you a tax lawyer? Is your work similar to that of a tax CPA? The reason I ask is that I'm, as you may know, a UK Chartered Accountant (similar to American CPA), and have done tax, both personal income and corporate tax, but find the work very 'taxing'
1.gif
and requires a huge amount of patience and incredible attention to detail and have a lot of respect for tax people.
Lien,

I enjoyed undergrad, but law school was hell. Any JDs with me here?

Yes, I am. Sorry, but I'm not sure what CPAs do, even though I took an accounting class! Thanks for the kind words about us geeks!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 10:39:52 PM
Poptart,

For a pick-me-up, check out www.cuteoverload.com. Lots of pictures of adorable critters.

I love this link! Now I will be changing my avatar everyday! Thanks!

*M*

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Poptart,
For a pick-me-up, check out www.cuteoverload.com. Lots of pictures of adorable critters.
omg did you see the hamster with the cookies on the video??? how cute is that? especially when he knocks over - the little legs waggling... my cookies my cookies!!!!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 11:03:33 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Poptart,

omg did you see the hamster with the cookies on the video??? how cute is that? especially when he knocks over - the little legs waggling... my cookies my cookies!!!!

No... but I am looking it up now! Did you see the little baby fluffy penguin?? I sent that pic to my husband, lol! Adorable!

ETA: I just watched it and it is so funny! He was so determined! I hope they gave him some as a reward. I love how he ran away from them when they tried to take the bag, haha.

*M*

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 10:20:36 PM
Author: Lynn B
To pave or not to pave... well, this is my opinion (in a nut shell). Having a solitaire like you have now puts ALL the emphasis on the stone. People look at your hand and they don''t see a ring, they see a DIAMOND.

That will change if you get it reset. A very thin pave band (even with a diamond the size of yours) WILL bling... and will totally change the look. People will now see and notice a RING (or rings, once you get your w-ring), not just a diamond.

SO, where do you want the emphasis? Do you want one gorgeous, killer DIAMOND -- or one beautiful, sparkly RING?

(Just my 2 cents.)
Words of wisdom that have helped me make up my mind -- no re-set.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results