carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

Ok, I need your help.
I need someone to please buy this :cry2:

I’m dying over here.
Over 5ct of old cut, colorless pears.

I’m 6 months, 28 weeks, 198 days, 4,733 hours away from having the funds to buy my holy grail.

But these are pears, antique pears…did I mention they are colorless? And over 5ct? Breathe, just keep saving, breathe, antique pears are totally common, it’s not like they are one of the hardest antique stones to find, omg I just looked again and they are the perfect egg like shape. HELP!!!! :cry2: :lol:

Of course I post this and see they are VVS1’s. Perfect nearly impossible to find antique pears. I’m just going to pull the covers over my head and cry now.

Only the most perfect pears ever

OMG.

Patience is a virtue! :lol-2:

I will report back when I hear from them lol! She’s gotta be a lab. I mean, a D/VVSI antique pear… those don’t exist anymore. It’s like finding a dragon casually strolling through central park.

Ok, I need your help.

I’m dying over here.

I’m 6 months, 28 weeks, 198 days, 4,733 hours away from having the funds to buy my holy grail.

But these are pears, antique pears…did I mention they are colorless? And over 5ct? Breathe, just keep saving, breathe, antique pears are totally common, it’s not like they are one of the hardest antique stones to find, omg I just looked again and they are the perfect egg like shape. HELP!!!! :cry2: :lol:

Of course I post this and see they are VVS1’s. Perfect nearly impossible to find antique pears. I’m just going to pull the covers over my head and cry now.

OH myyyyyy and all that is holy !!!!

Ok, now that my blood pressure has stabilized, here’s the certs.

They are real :kiss2:
They are expensive. $195k expensive.
They are dragons, beautiful perfect dragons.

I should have gone to school for a couple more years.

I have the taste of a duchess, but the love from an incredible one of a kind, old soul, beautiful peasant hubby :lol-2: :kiss2:

Ok, not quite peasant, but alas, this was fun to look at. Sigh.

467114619383477572.jpeg5362886081717778877.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok, this is good… less hyperventilating over here. :lol:

Apparently I’m less of a Ryan Reynolds, Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, type person and more of an antique pear diamond type person … I totally felt like I ran into my favorite celebrity there for a moment :lol-2:

Ok, I need your help.

I’m dying over here.

O. MG. This is fantastic.

D color….
it is plausible they are newly cut, but well done if that’s the case.

Yeah - two antique D??? Did you ask if they were newly cut @lavendar?

It’s also the case that if they are antique and were in a ring, they are more valuable in that ring setting. What happened to it? Eg more evidence they might be newly cut.

Last edited:
What I don’t understand is why modern cutters don’t SARIN the antique stones and plan their cuts to look more authentic. These pears don’t have the crispness of an antique pear, possibly?

What I don’t understand is why modern cutters don’t SARIN the antique stones and plan their cuts to look more authentic. These pears don’t have the crispness of an antique pear, possibly?

What does SARIN mean?

I noticed on the lab report that one says fair symmetry so maybe that one is actually an antique since most newly cut don’t have that for symmetry. But I don’t know.

SARIN is a diamond scan. It might be spelled Sarine, now that I look. It’s a scanning program with software to help plan the diamond Final Cut from either rough or an already existing cut. It’s pretty darn cool. I’ll post a link.

Here’s a supposedly antique ring with pears. For comparison. They resemble the D pair a bit but much higher crowns.

It is so funny you linked this because I saw this ring earlier and I sent it to dragonfly on IG and I said “now this is an antique pear!” LOL.

Different topic software related - have you noticed how it’s very annoying that now when you quote somebody’s post you have to scroll all the way at the bottom to put your comment. Is this happening to anybody else?

It is so funny you linked this because I saw this ring earlier and I sent it to dragonfly on IG and I said “now this is an antique pear!” LOL.

Different topic software related - have you noticed how it’s very annoying that now when you quote somebody’s post you have to scroll all the way at the bottom to put your comment. Is this happening to anybody else?

You’re the best @Mreader! I love it that you thought of me!!! We will find your yellow beauty!!! :kiss2:

Cathy waterman band (mis marked at 18k when stamp clearly says 22k)

Crisscut ring! Love these

Imo this is beautiful

This feels like a designer ring but I don't recognize the makers mark

SARIN is a diamond scan. It might be spelled Sarine, now that I look. It’s a scanning program with software to help plan the diamond Final Cut from either rough or an already existing cut. It’s pretty darn cool. I’ll post a link.

This is cool!

Cathy waterman band (mis marked at 18k when stamp clearly says 22k)

Crisscut ring! Love these

Imo this is beautiful

This feels like a designer ring but I don't recognize the makers mark

What a good deal on that Crisscut!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP