shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

No killing, I am so at peace right now over the perfect pears …. I needed to hear they were likely not antique. I’m all better now :lol-2:

I have a miniscule (5 mm) real antique pear that's coming, in a scrap ring. Will post pictures when I get it so we can brainstorm ideas :)
Screenshot_20241013_091234_eBay.jpg

I'm obsessed with earrings and these are on my dream list.

I have a miniscule (5 mm) real antique pear that's coming, in a scrap ring. Will post pictures when I get it so we can brainstorm ideas :)
Screenshot_20241013_091234_eBay.jpg

SO jealous!!!! Giant culet, egg shape…. She ticks all my boxes for antique pears! Yummy! Are you thinking pendant, ring? She’s beautiful!

A nice band for a good price?

Look at this cutie patootie toi et moi - size 4.75. Has interesting assay/hallmarks on the outside of the band I'm thinking are likely French, but I can't quite make them out.
1728866456471.png

Look at this cutie patootie toi et moi - size 4.75. Has interesting assay/hallmarks on the outside of the band I'm thinking are likely French, but I can't quite make them out.
1728866456471.png

So pretty! too small for me, but a great piece to keep as an inspiration!

I didn’t … once I got the price I was so relieved that I forgot to ask :lol-2: … my hg is safe, for now, lol!

Do we know yet what your HG is? Feel free to stay mum until you get it, but I’m definitely curious!

Do we know yet what your HG is? Feel free to stay mum until you get it, but I’m definitely curious!

Nope, lol! My lips are sealed tightly with multiple layers of duck tape :lol:

She’s pretty amazing though…. The minute she’s on my finger you’ll know! Thank you for asking though! I’m not going to risk giving any clues either … six months will go fast, hopefully, lol!

1728866456471.png

This is gorgeous and I love the look but what would be the cleaning situation? Would you still be able to soak the ring in soapy water and give the pearl a scrub with a toothbrush along with the diamonds?

This is gorgeous and I love the look but what would be the cleaning situation? Would you still be able to soak the ring in soapy water and give the pearl a scrub with a toothbrush along with the diamonds?

I'm not very knowledgeable about pearls, but I seem to recall soaking is a no-no. I think you wipe the pearl with a clean soft cloth, then you can scrub the rest of the ring with the toothbrush and soapy water.

I'm not very knowledgeable about pearls, but I seem to recall soaking is a no-no. I think you wipe the pearl with a clean soft cloth, then you can scrub the rest of the ring with the toothbrush and soapy water.

Thanks. My thinking was along the same lines. I love the look of the pearl/ diamond combo and this one is even my size, but I can get a bit over enthusiastic with the soapy bubbles so probably a style I am best to admire from afar. It is such an elegant look though.

Incredible price on this Carrera y Carrera Taj Mahal ring on TRR - size 6.5:
1728926981385.png
1728926992182.png

And on their Aqua Dome diamond ring - also a 6.5:
1728927114757.png
1728927125566.png

Alex Sepkus band 6.5

1728928696439.png

Hidalgo band for a good price, I think. Size 6.25. Too big for me or I'd buy it.

1728928895857.png

Ok, I need your help.
I need someone to please buy this :cry2:

I’m dying over here.
Over 5ct of old cut, colorless pears.

I’m 6 months, 28 weeks, 198 days, 4,733 hours away from having the funds to buy my holy grail.

But these are pears, antique pears…did I mention they are colorless? And over 5ct? Breathe, just keep saving, breathe, antique pears are totally common, it’s not like they are one of the hardest antique stones to find, omg I just looked again and they are the perfect egg like shape. HELP!!!! :cry2: :lol:

Of course I post this and see they are VVS1’s. Perfect nearly impossible to find antique pears. I’m just going to pull the covers over my head and cry now.

Only the most perfect pears ever

I bet it’s 100k.

Close but no cigar…. $197k :lol-2:

Yeah I just caught up and saw that! The color/clarity plus the faceted girdle and pristine setting with no patina all point to newly cut. I even wonder about them being labs?? Does GIA specify natural diamonds now?

Yeah I just caught up and saw that! The color/clarity plus the faceted girdle and pristine setting with no patina all point to newly cut. I even wonder about them being labs?? Does GIA specify natural diamonds now?

Same thoughts as you. I do think GIA can determine lab origin, but haven’t ever looked into what that looks like on a lab report.

Same thoughts as you. I do think GIA can determine lab origin, but haven’t ever looked into what that looks like on a lab report.

I know they issue grading reports specific for labs but I don’t know what they do to differentiate. I assume they do.

I know they issue grading reports specific for labs but I don’t know what they do to differentiate. I assume they do.

I'm pretty sure they do, my appraiser can tell between the two even if the lab ones are not labeled as such. There's also a tool that can differentiate however it's $$$$.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP