WTNT64 KNHC 100030
TCUAT4

Hurricane Milton Tropical Cyclone Update
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL142024
830 PM EDT Wed Oct 09 2024

...EXTREMELY DANGEROUS CATEGORY 3 HURRICANE MILTON MAKES LANDFALL
NEAR SIESTA KEY FLORIDA....
...LIFE-THREATENING STORM SURGE, EXTREME WINDS, AND FLASH FLOODING
OCCURRING OVER THE CENTRAL FLORIDA PENINSULA...

NWS Doppler radar data indicate the eye of Hurricane Milton has
made landfall near Siesta Key in Sarasota County along the west
coast of Florida.

A sustained wind of 78 mph (126 km/h) and a gust of 97 mph (156
km/h) was recently reported at a NOAA C-MAN station in Venice. A
sustained wind of 77 mph (124 km/h) and a gust of 100 mph (161 km/h)
was recently reported at a WeatherFlow station at Egmont Channel. A
sustained wind of 67 mph (107 km/h) and a gust of 83 mph (133 km/h)
was recently reported at a WeatherFlow station at Skyway Fishing
Pier. A sustained wind of 40 mph (64 km/h) and a gust of 73 mph (117
km/h) was recently reported at the Sarasota-Bradenton International
Airport.

The next update will be at 900 PM EDT (0100 UTC).

SUMMARY OF 830 PM EDT...0030 UTC...INFORMATION
-----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...27.3N 82.6W
ABOUT 5 MI...10 KM W OF SARASOTA FLORIDA
ABOUT 115 MI...185 KM SW OF ORLANDO FLORIDA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...120 MPH...205 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...ENE OR 60 DEGREES AT 15 MPH...24 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...954 MB...28.17 INCHES

$$
Forecaster Reinhart/Papin/Brown/Mahoney/
Camposano

Checking in with everyone.

@Arcadian @tyty333 how are you?

Hoping Milton is dissipating and you and your families and friends in the area are all doing well :pray:

I'm fine. NO walkies for the girls this morning until winds die down and we can really assess whats going on. But we have some cleanup to do! I got chunks from someone elses house in my yard. I will need to check my roof (its definitely not my house though wrong colored shingles.) I do have some pretty extensive tree damage so have to take care of that. neighbors across the street don't have power.

Brevard got hurricane force winds so that worries me quite a lot. The winds here were higher end Tropical Force winds though some of the gusts that came through were really on the edge of hurricane force. We bordered the area the storm came through

There are some hella crazy pockets of destruction though! I don't think anyone was prepared for the ferocity of the tornadoes.

over 3million without power. No idea how this is going to play out and how long it will take. But there's linemen staged to the immediate south of me and this team will work their way up when the wind permits.

Last edited:
We're good up here. Never lost power.... lots of small limbs in the yard but other than that we're in pretty good shape.
Currently waiting to see if we're done. Looks like it's moving off the coast but didn't seem like we got anything from
the backside of the hurricane. I'm good with that!

We're good up here. Never lost power.... lots of small limbs in the yard but other than that we're in pretty good shape.
Currently waiting to see if we're done. Looks like it's moving off the coast but didn't seem like we got anything from

Yay! Thank you for checking in with everyone ♥️

I'm very glad to hear that! Sounds like y'all did better than we did really! I talked to friends in Fort Pierce and they don't have power but its cool and decently breezy enough for now. Fort Pierce got hit so hard, all the lightening strikes (over 400 they said!) and seems like they got the worst for tornadoes on the east coast. I don't know about you but I am so stupid tired (I woke up at 2am and did not go back to sleep with all the winds here) We're pretty much done too but they're saying we will get rain on Friday (like we need it :roll2: )

Unfortunately season isn't over, there's one that keeps showing up on GFS but I'm hoping its a nothing burger.

I am on the East Coast. We are between Daytona and St Augustine on the Coast. We are prepared. We are swamped right now. It's so wet.

Checking on you. How are things? Hopefully you are doing well and have electric.

Checking on you. How are things? Hopefully you are doing well and have electric.

Thank you for checking on me! We are currently without power and flooded. Downed power lines and trees. We are on 5 acres and roads are not passable. So for now we are just doing some clean up.

Thank you for checking on me! We are currently without power and flooded. Downed power lines and trees. We are on 5 acres and roads are not passable. So for now we are just doing some clean up.

Oh crap, I'm so sorry to hear that. doing somewhat well. When I saw how much north sided this storm was I worried about you all catching the worst.

Oh no! Please be careful with those downed power lines...that's what scares me! Any generators to keep the fridge/freezer/AC going?

@Arcadian Does seem like we had it pretty easy around here. I'm not complaining! Tornardos north and south of us. I did not hear
any lightning...just heavy winds. The house creaked a few times which always makes me nervous!

My parents on the other side of the state, outside of the cone, are without power. They ordered a full house generator but it
will be 8-10 weeks before it comes in. Oh well...it will be good for next season.

Oh crap, I'm so sorry to hear that. doing somewhat well. When I saw how much north sided this storm was I worried about you all catching the worst.

We attempted to get out to check on our office building but the water is just to deep. Not worth the risk. It was really windy and there was so much rain. I was thinking about you!

Oh no! Please be careful with those downed power lines...that's what scares me! Any generators to keep the fridge/freezer/AC going?

@Arcadian Does seem like we had it pretty easy around here. I'm not complaining! Tornardos north and south of us. I did not hear
any lightning...just heavy winds. The house creaked a few times which always makes me nervous!

My parents on the other side of the state, outside of the cone, are without power. They ordered a full house generator but it
will be 8-10 weeks before it comes in. Oh well...it will be good for next season.

We have a generator so we are good there. They are saying 3-5 days until power can be repaired. We can't get off of our property but from what others reported there are a lot of trees and lines down. Glad your family is ok.

I'm so glad for everyone's safety and hope the damage isn't too long term extensive.
The tornadoes, I didn't really conceptualize the severity of the tornadoes that occurred down there.
I'm just relieved everyone is okay.

Thinking of you all, stay safe.

I'm so glad for everyone's safety and hope the damage isn't too long term extensive.
The tornadoes, I didn't really conceptualize the severity of the tornadoes that occurred down there.
I'm just relieved everyone is okay.
While its normal to have spin ups with hurricanes, the tornadoes are usually quite small. But these were mid west type tornadoes which you don't see down here. Saw some images that A dumpster ended up on a roof from that storm and it pretty much decimated concrete block homes.

And while we were dirty side as it came in, as all the crazy was going on, you start thinking of some of your life choices...

Jumanji Level 7 even before the thing came on shore! Unfortunately some people will leave our area and go home to literally nothing, and thats very very sad.

Oh wow, I hope its sooner. Has the flooding stopped?

I don't have friends irl over the pond in the areas affected but have been thinking that some of you folks are from those areas. Hope y'all safe...

Less than 300K without power which is no small thing you guys. I believe most of the rivers crested over the weekend so some areas got flooded again. Plus if its water, likely an alligator is in it and if its standing water, flesh eating bacteria.

HEY! YOO HOO, 1st world:

We need to stop this BS, and reverse climate, change.
If we don't, we're gonna need laws - laws that will deny people the freedom and personal choices we have selfishly abused.

We need to recognize this and change so we can look BACK at 2024 as Peak-Consumption!

If we don't, this is getting worse!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP