clarity

Strong Windowing in Emerald Cut, Engagement planned for next week...Help

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
You ended up with a beautiful diamond the way you were meant to :kiss2:

Joseph Herrera

Rough_Rock
Oh also,

I have a new question! Wifey is going to want a channel set emerald cut vertical eternity wedding band (I know this is a mouthful, example below).

Now her engagement ring width is about 2-2.2MM so I doubt she can go over 3MM width on the eternity band or it might take away from the star of the show.

(1) Do you all think the channel set is going to look less brilliant than the traditional eternity band due primarily to less light being able to enter the diamond?
(2) Do you all have any real world experience pairing eternity band with an engagement ring?
(3) Wondering where I might be able to source some good but very small EC's for our jeweler to put this together?

@Lemonlime I spy your stack in your profile picture ;-) Curious if you have any opinions on pairings here? 1721843614682.png

Lemonlime

Shiny_Rock
@Joseph Herrera , beyond happy to help here!

(1) I'll leave the brilliance question to @Karl_K but from an aesthetic perspective, I actually prefer the vertical channel set for pairing with a solitaire over a traditional eternity band. Contrary to my profile pic, I almost never wear my e-ring and my eternity band, I find the pairing a bit busy. I actually tried a vintage vertical channel set band recently and I was obsessed (see below), it's such a clean, chic look.

IMG_8188.PNG

(2) See above!

(3) I'll be of little help here but I've linked the vintage piece I tried on below :)

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ec eternity rings are very bulky and a lot of people once they wear one think the idea is better than the reality.
Combined with an ER and you have a very bulky set.

Lemonlime

Shiny_Rock
Very nice to meet you lemonlime and thank you! I will have to tell her about all of your kind words.

Also glad my curiosity is shared :)

I would tell you good luck but seems like you already know where to go based on your profile pic collection. Maybe I will have to get my GF a tennis bracelet as well :lol-2:

I mean I'm always going to advocate for a girl getting a tennis bracelet:lol-2: mine was my wedding gift from my husband and I quite literally never take it off. It's deeply sentimental and means as much to me as my wedding band tbh!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very interesting, I never realized how much the cut played into the final size. I always assumed the final size would stay the same but I guess when you start to factor in crystal properties, inclusions, etc maybe it will reduce your workable area and increase your refuse.

The more time I spend here the happier I am that I chose the route I did. I will be quoting you @Dreamer_D after I propose lol.

It sitll blows my mind that even when I went to jewelers in houston (albeit not very high end ones) that they knew absolutely nothing about the importance of cut or how it worked! So glad I was able to do enough research to realize the stone I bought was bad which led me to here.

The connection between cut and rough is complex, but in simplest terms, because of the shape of diamond crystal it naturally lends itself to certain proportions of cut to maximize yield from the rough. And those proportions do not always align with the ideal proportions for light return. So a trade off is usually made.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
ECs tend to be deep, hence the bill of vertically set ECs.

What about horizontally set baguettes for the clean line look but less bulk? Or other channel set step cuts?

(I’m asking the experts here for their opinions. I’m just coming up with ideas lol)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results