shape
carat
color
clarity

Super Ideal 1.73, D, VS2 ASET Opinions (Round)

We usually say you can see the difference at .2mm so you are almost there at .18mm. We can no longer see the price on the
WF stone because you have it on hold. What's the price difference?

Alright y’all, I must confess that I got antsy waiting for my appointment to view the ACA at WF (which I absolutely can’t wait for) and looked up some stones at BGD for…well, idk why. Maybe just so I get a feel for what’s what in the SIC world? Mostly just idle curiosity? Maybe I don’t want to miss “The best one” in my budget range?

Thoughts on these two vs. the WF ACA?Obviously both BGD are lower ct., but on the 1.574 it looks to be less than .18mm smaller dimensions wise vs. the WF. I’m still not great at looking at measurements and being able to determine what’s negligible in face up size; think it’ll be noticeable? Both are his signature Black I believe (the website conflicts with the report though?)

The 1.51 G VS1 seems a bit expensive. I recently bought a 1.52 G VS2 ACA from WF for $6k less for reference.

Brian Gavin is about 20 minutes from Whiteflash. If you are making the effort to go to WF in person, why not make an appointment for the same day to see some stones there as well, and make the most informed decision?

I was unaware they were so close. That’s not even “Houston close,” that’s close close!

BGD has often been higher than WF but it certainly doesn’t hurt to compare. It is up to you to balance size, price, color and clarity. Take pics for us if you can!!

Could you please tell me what is higher? Price? Cut? Sorry, it wasn’t clear to me.

We usually say you can see the difference at .2mm so you are almost there at .18mm. We can no longer see the price on the
WF stone because you have it on hold. What's the price difference?

Ohhh, that’s good to know! I trust y’all saying that, because some jewelers will tell you “we’re talking in millimeters here…” as if it never really matters and I’m too dumb to see a difference. Haha.

The WF stone is $1.2K lower than the BGD one (both with wire price and the sale BGD has right now)

1.72 vs. 1.51 and the 1.51 is 1.2k more? There is a difference in clarity but the size difference would make a difference. Maybe look at the WF stone first to see if you have issues with the clarity? If not, I don’t know that I would pay the difference in price for a smaller diamond.

Just popping in to suggest that you consider future flexibility in upgrades as you make your decision. Even if you cannot fathom an upgrade right now, you never know what will happen in 10 years. I am most familiar with Whiteflash’s upgrade policy as I have an ACA (they have a fantastic upgrade policy). Had a quick look at BGD’s policy and looks like you have to go up in 2 out of 3 categories—size, color, clarity.

Just popping in to suggest that you consider future flexibility in upgrades as you make your decision. Even if you cannot fathom an upgrade right now, you never know what will happen in 10 years. I am most familiar with Whiteflash’s upgrade policy as I have an ACA (they have a fantastic upgrade policy). Had a quick look at BGD’s policy and looks like you have to go up in 2 out of 3 categories—size, color, clarity.

That is an important point to consider!

Screenshot_20230817-070823-860.png

The new one has to be 50% more than the original? Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but the WF trade in policy doesn’t seem to be as great as I have been told? Not that I’m complaining, I’m grateful they have one at all!

The new one has to be 50% more than the original? Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but the WF trade in policy doesn’t seem to be as great as I have been told? Not that I’m complaining, I’m grateful they have one at all!

This was a recent change, likely due to the shifting state of the economy. Tough for everyone, and businesses are certainly no exception.

Covid recovery, lab diamonds, the rising cost of wages (not saying they don't deserve it), and the economy in general...
It's a lot to deal with at once.

I'm thinking that people who bought under the old policy are grandfathered in (?)

This was a recent change, likely due to the shifting state of the economy. Tough for everyone, and businesses are certainly no exception.

Covid recovery, lab diamonds, the rising cost of wages (not saying they don't deserve it), and the economy in general...
It's a lot to deal with at once.

I'm thinking that people who bought under the old policy are grandfathered in (?)

Ah, I see. That makes sense I suppose. Bummed I missed out on the OG that was much more appealing ☹️

I keep reading (not here so maybe it’s not true) that diamond prices are sliding too; is this true?

So if this is the new upgrade policy, does this mean that places like BGD would have a more appealing upgrade policy (given most other things are equal) even with their stipulations?

So if this is the new upgrade policy, does this mean that places like BGD would have a more appealing upgrade policy (given most other things are equal) even with their stipulations?

Would depend as I think you have to be upgrading two categories with BDG - upgrading size and color could create a sizeable upgrade amount. Guess there are endless possibilities there so no way to really qualify the response.

Hi Folks,
I wanted to take this opportunity to address the recent change to our longstanding upgrade policy as I know this is a very important benefit that many in this community consider carefully when comparing diamond value.

The Whiteflash trade-up policy was designed with upgrade in mind, and the expectation that there would be a fairly significant upward move in overall value. And in practice (we've been doing upgrades for over 20 years), that is in fact what usually happens.

In the past few years the natural diamond market has been slammed by a perfect storm of events that every company has been challenged to adapt to. Pandemic lockdowns, Russia's assault on Ukraine, supply chain disruptions, sanctions placed on Russian diamond rough, the rapid emergence of lab grown diamonds in the market, and for those of us in the super ideal realm the GIA's acquisition of AGSL, have all been factors requiring significant adaptation.

While we have been reluctant to alter any benefits comprising our value proposition, our overarching consideration is to be a sustainable business that continues to serve our customers long into the future. Insuring that our trade-up program is a true upgrade benefit is part of that goal.

A few things to keep in mind that have been touched on in this thread.
1) This change does NOT affect upgrades of previous purchases. The benefit terms are those in effect at the time of the purchase.
2) The benefit still provides 100% stored value in the original purchase.
3) The benefit is still competitive with or superior to other comparable programs.
4) Whiteflash is still dedicated to stocking the widest and deepest assortment of in-house ideal and super ideal diamonds in the market, thereby providing more pre-vetted upgrade options than any other retailer.

Whiteflash is determined to continue to providing the top tier product quality and customer care that we have become known for, and to be here for our customers in the long term, despite what obstacles might be placed in our way. We intend to remain very competitive in the value we add to the market, and trust that our customers will view our products, policies, and benefits in a holistic way when comparing Whiteflash against other merchants.

Any other questions or comments are more than welcome. We greatly value the feedback we have always recieved from the pricescope community (good, bad, or nuetral), and will always respond to be best of our ability.

Last edited:
Thanks @Bryan for the clarification. Lab diamonds have taken the industry by storm but I am glad to see the natural diamond owners protected. They have been the cornerstone of the business. I know money is money and business is business and Whiteflash has to do what it must to remain competitive and in business. The hope of many of us is that it stays alive and thriving for future purchases. No way to know how all of things you mentioned will play out, but I hope that someday in the near future they smooth out for Whiteflash as well as its customers. Thanks again for explaining this and the transparency that your customers have come to rely on. Long live Whiteflash!!

Thanks @Bryan for the clarification. Lab diamonds have taken the industry by storm but I am glad to see the natural diamond owners protected. They have been the cornerstone of the business. I know money is money and business is business and Whiteflash has to do what it must to remain competitive and in business. The hope of many of us is that it stays alive and thriving for future purchases. No way to know how all of things you mentioned will play out, but I hope that someday in the near future they smooth out for Whiteflash as well as its customers. Thanks again for explaining this and the transparency that your customers have come to rely on. Long live Whiteflash!!

Thank you Miss GR!

Hi Folks,
I wanted to take this opportunity to address the recent change to our longstanding upgrade policy as I know this is a very important benefit that many in this community consider carefully when comparing diamond value.

The Whiteflash trade-up policy was designed with upgrade in mind, and the expectation that there would be a fairly significant upward move in overall value. And in practice (we've been doing upgrades for over 20 years), that is in fact what usually happens.

In the past few years the natural diamond market has been slammed by a perfect storm of events that every company has been challenged to adapt to. Pandemic lockdowns, Russia's assault on Ukraine, supply chain disruptions, sanctions placed on Russian diamond rough, the rapid emergence of lab grown diamonds in the market, and for those of us in the super ideal realm the GIA's acquisition of AGSL, have all been factors requiring significant adaptation.

While we have been reluctant to alter any benefits comprising our value proposition, our overarching consideration is to be a sustainable business that continues to serve our customers long into the future. Insuring that our trade-up program is a true upgrade benefit is part of that goal.

1) This change does NOT affect upgrades of previous purchases. The benefit terms are those in effect at the time of the purchase.
3) The benefit is still competitive with or superior to other comparable programs.
4) Whiteflash is still dedicated to stocking the widest and deepest assortment of in-house ideal and super ideal diamonds in the market, thereby providing more pre-vetted upgrade options than any other retailer.

Whiteflash is determined to continue to providing the top tier product quality and customer care that we have become known for, and to be here for our customers in the long term, despite what obstacles might be placed in our way. We intend to remain very competitive in the value we add to the market, and trust that our customers will view our products, policies, and benefits in a holistic way when comparing Whiteflash against other merchants.

Any other questions or comments are more than welcome. We greatly value the feedback we have always recieved from the pricescope community (good, bad, or nuetral), and will always respond to be best of our ability.

I recently purchased an ACA and was not aware of this change. What is the effective date of the new upgrade policy?

I appreciate the update @Texas Leaguer but I think that your comments here need to be on a new thread where more people will see them. I’m sure many people will have questions and will want to know about the new policy.

I love Whiteflash and hope to be a customer for many more years. I know that the industry has been hit hard in recent years and I understand that you are doing what you need to do to continue to be a successful company.

I recently purchased an ACA and was not aware of this change. What is the effective date of the new upgrade policy?

The new policy went into effect on Aug 11,2023 (noted at the bottom of the Lifetime Upgrade page). We understand that some customers may not have been aware of the change while they were shopping and we are prepared to grandfather those customers into the old policy along with all previous customers.

If that is your case simply contact us to be considered for an exception to the new policy.

The new policy went into effect on Aug 11,2023 (noted at the bottom of the Lifetime Upgrade page). We understand that some customers may not have been aware of the change while they were shopping and we are prepared to grandfather those customers into the old policy along with all previous customers.

If that is your case simply contact us to be considered for an exception to the new policy.

Glad to hear you will consider exceptions to the new policy. My order was made on August 9, 2023, which is most likely why I wasn't aware of the policy change.

Hi Folks,

Thank you for your in depth explanation, honesty and transparency, sir! To me, I reckon this post is just another example of what has helped build the army of loyal WhiteFlash customers.

Happy Friday, y’all!

Well, I made it in and saw some amazing ACA stones at WF. Awesome appontment from start to finish. I could go on, but let me cut to the chase here…

I’m down to these two diamonds and was hoping to get thoughts on them. The differences were discernible, though they balance out in the trade off (larger size, but lower color, for example). They were both clean and beautiful stones and within a couple hundred dollars of each other (the H was slightly less). I’m stuck! Any thoughts?

I will post pics of them in another post. Thanks!

Shoot, just realized two things: 1) Videos can’t be uploaded and those were much better quality and 2) I definitely do not have a future in diamond photography. Some pictures and such of the two I narrowed it down to (I think!). Hope they’re alright enough to have a look I’ll upload two better ones later.

Attachments

• IMG_8178.jpeg
    IMG_8178.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8207.jpeg
    IMG_8207.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 28
Wanna say one thing with regard to Victor Canera’s setting. I am not commenting on the stone because they all have absolutely beautiful stones. But Victor’s setting and workmanship are top, top quality. I have had his pave band now for about 5-6 years and put it in the ultrasonic tons of times. Sturdy as a rock. Tiffany soleste. Once. Melee falls out and is chipped. Victors prongs seldom snagged. Kirsch, more snagging issues. For me, his settings are worth the price. But not even sure if you’ve already decided about that and whether that affects your decision about where you buy. Good luck with the project.

You have to put your video on a hosting site (like youtube) and then provide a link to it.

They look the same in your pictures (to me)...I would have to see them in person and see if one "spoke" to me.
I dont think you can go wrong either way. Did the SA give you their insight?

I also look at the sparkle videos side-by-side and really could not favor one over the other. In other words...I'm no help!

Hard to say. Like @tyty333, no real discernible difference between the two in terms of performance. Guess it comes down to whether you favor a bit more size over a bit less color. I think I personally would choose the G because of the color and the lower price point. Many would always choose the larger size. What are your thoughts?

Would you see a difference in color or size if they were not right next to each other? Would a passerby notice size or color? If you held them 2-3 feet apart what would have your attention more - size or color? Are you saying to yourself today, "I love that color, I just wish it was a little larger" Or "I love that size, I just wish it was a little whiter?"

All to say, what is more important to you size or color?

Happy Friday, y’all!

Well, I made it in and saw some amazing ACA stones at WF. Awesome appontment from start to finish. I could go on, but let me cut to the chase here…

I’m down to these two diamonds and was hoping to get thoughts on them. The differences were discernible, though they balance out in the trade off (larger size, but lower color, for example). They were both clean and beautiful stones and within a couple hundred dollars of each other (the H was slightly less). I’m stuck! Any thoughts?

I will post pics of them in another post. Thanks!

Nitpicking here, but I like the G better...less clouding and I think it shows in the sparkle/fire videos where the H looks a tiny bit cloudy/hazy.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP