shape
carat
color
clarity

Super Ideal 1.73, D, VS2 ASET Opinions (Round)

Gorgeous stone!

Very exciting. You definitely did your research and chose the one that spoke to you. Can’t wait to see pictures!

Congratulations! You chose based on what you saw and liked and that is wonderful! Your girl will be so happy and should definitely be impressed with the due diligence you did in picking out the perfect diamond for her!! I am so excited for you both and can’t wait to see the ring. Kudos for a job well done!!!

Congratulations! Please post hand shots when it is on her finger!

Gorgeous stone!

That's terrific @NavyLanguage828 !

I'm off to look at the 1.72!

+ a billion!

@MissGotRocks @RMOO @Bonfire @tyty333 @canuk-gal Thank y’all for your kind words!! I’m very happy and excited about my decision. I absolutely will post pictures and do sincerely hope she loves it!

So much research! But, it all came together and went to another level when I came here. This community truly is invaluable.

Hey y’all! Which forum is the best to solicit information on settings? This one? The jewelry one? Thanks!

Hey y’all! Which forum is the best to solicit information on settings? This one? The jewelry one? Thanks!

You can make a new thread on RockyTalk with a different title like ‘Help Me Find a Setting for ACA’.

You can make a new thread on RockyTalk with a different title like ‘Help Me Find a Setting for ACA’.

Thanks! Heck yeah Imma mention it’s an ACA haha! I figured this was the place, but wanted to make sure.

Also, I laugh every time I see “RockyTalky.” Clever.

Y’all. Having a minor freak out and my confidence shaken for some reason…

Is this diamond too small??? Is this normal to have that “oh crap” moment? Honesty appreciated.

It is perfectly normal to second guess your choice! However, try to remember the reasons that you chose the diamond you chose - for its appearance and performance. Those two things would be hard to trump at this point unless you are seriously thinking of going larger. If that is the case, how large would be large enough? Ten more points wouldn't really make a visual difference so in order to make it worth your while, you would need to seriously increase the budget.

Thoughts?

Is this diamond too small??? Is this normal to have that “oh crap” moment? Honesty appreciated.

I think a lot of "second guess" our decisions. The good news

is that if it doesn't seem right when you get it you can
move up in size. However, it is like @MissGotRocks said...you'll have to jump close to .2mm to see a difference.

Here is a virtual view of the 1.72 on a size 6 finger. I find that the stones look bigger in 2D
space than they actually look in real life though. You can play around with it to see how other size
stones might look.
1.72.jpg

I would consider it to be large; definitely not in the small or medium categories. Size can depend on which metro you live in as well as her circle of friends. Either way she will have a top performing stone which anyone can appreciate. Set the stone in a simple solitaire and all you will see is a top cut huge stone. My fiancée has a 1.12 ct on a size 6 finger. It looks large considering our metro location and her circle of friends.

Mind clean is important as well. Only you and your fiancée to be can make the decision if it is too small.

20220219_181742.jpg20220219_181608.jpg

It is perfectly normal to second guess your choice! However, try to remember the reasons that you chose the diamond you chose - for its appearance and performance. Those two things would be hard to trump at this point unless you are seriously thinking of going larger. If that is the case, how large would be large enough? Ten more points wouldn't really make a visual difference so in order to make it worth your while, you would need to seriously increase the budget.

Thoughts?

I think a lot of "second guess" our decisions. The good news

is that if it doesn't seem right when you get it you can
move up in size. However, it is like @MissGotRocks said...you'll have to jump close to .2mm to see a difference.

Here is a virtual view of the 1.72 on a size 6 finger. I find that the stones look bigger in 2D
space than they actually look in real life though. You can play around with it to see how other size
stones might look.
1.72.jpg

Sorry for posting and then disappearing; insane week with work.

Thank you both for the reassurance and help getting my head right with this. I think it was just that second guessing after such a big step.

As for moving up to a significantly larger stone, after looking at WF again, I 100% would have to - as mentioned - make a major increase on the budget or a major decrease in color. Neither of which I’m willing to do without knowing for sure that my beloved would want a much larger stone. Since I don’t, I won’t. :)

@tyty333 thats a really cool site; thanks for sharing! I agree that it may be different IRL vs. 2D, but at least it gives me an idea.

Last edited:
I would consider it to be large; definitely not in the small or medium categories. Size can depend on which metro you live in as well as her circle of friends. Either way she will have a top performing stone which anyone can appreciate. Set the stone in a simple solitaire and all you will see is a top cut huge stone. My fiancée has a 1.12 ct on a size 6 finger. It looks large considering our metro location and her circle of friends.

Mind clean is important as well. Only you and your fiancée to be can make the decision if it is too small.

20220219_181742.jpg20220219_181608.jpg

First off, I want to say thank you for being so generous in your reply and posting pics and numbers of the ering you bought for your fiancé. Congratulations on the engagement and the ring looks fantastic!

I appreciate the reassurance and advice. The metro area we live in at the moment is a bit of a materialistic one (in my mind), but only one of her friends here is married thankfully! It’s difficult not knowing her dream stone size or anything, but the more I think about it (the stone) and who I know her to be, the less I’m worried. That’s due in part to y’all’s replies, so thanks.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP