shape
carat
color
clarity

The Fire Thread!

xmas7243.JPG

Last one.

xmas7301.JPG

Wowzers, those are awesome!!! Does that mean you have pics for the Christmas thread. heheee
31.gif

Date: 12/17/2007 11:39:38 AM
Author: Skippy123
Wowzers, those are awesome!!! Does that mean you have pics for the Christmas thread. heheee
31.gif
lol Mayyyyybe.....
wobble2.gif

I have to go shopping now!
9.gif

And thankies.
2.gif

From the recent MA get together, Diamanteblu''s 6.89.
30.gif

Picture taken by Aljdewey.

12-29-07%20DiaFIRE.jpg

All of this awesome fire has turned me into a fire junky!!

Now tell me the truth, who else finds that they sit someplace at random points throughout the day staring at the perty rainbows from their ring?

When I''m stuck in traffic i made rainbows all around the car - roof, doors, windows, etc. hehe... the other drivers have got to think that I am out of my mind, but hey... I have realized diamonds can be therapeutic... just look for the rainbows and make them wherever you want - whenever you want.

Date: 12/30/2007 11:00:27 AM
Author: Jypsie

Now tell me the truth, who else finds that they sit someplace at random points throughout the day staring at the perty rainbows from their ring?

When I''m stuck in traffic i made rainbows all around the car - roof, doors, windows, etc. hehe... the other drivers have got to think that I am out of my mind, but hey... I have realized diamonds can be therapeutic... just look for the rainbows and make them wherever you want - whenever you want.

LOL! I thought I was the only crazy! I do the same thing when I fly. It is funny to watch the other passengers.
11.gif

I like your perspective of being able to create rainbows whenever you want. I have now adopted it. Think I''ll go grab a ring aka prism.
9.gif

*raises hand proudly*
9.gif

Date: 12/30/2007 11:06:46 AM
Author: DiamanteBlu

LOL! I thought I was the only crazy! I do the same thing when I fly. It is funny to watch the other passengers.

11.gif

I like your perspective of being able to create rainbows whenever you want. I have now adopted it. Think I''ll go grab a ring aka prism.
9.gif
I LOVE doing that! I dunno if the ppl seeing me staring with my mouth open know I''m hypnotized by the fire in the stone or think I''m brain damaged.
35.gif
" m-o-o-n. that spells [sera loves her fiery diamond]." (quote from The Stand")

I have a couple to post. Caught them by accident so now I''m intrigued to go and get some on purpose!
41.gif

Blue

IMG_1486psBLUE.jpg

Yellow

IMG_1485psYELLOW.jpg

Oh, Yes.

Magical, isn''t it ? Nothing like diamonds.

Date: 1/1/2008 4:20:18 PM
Author: ringabling
I have a couple to post. Caught them by accident so now I''m intrigued to go and get some on purpose!
41.gif

Blue
Uh oh, that''s how I started out....Now you''re in for it. You''ll be snapping pics like a mad woman.
9.gif
2.gif

Gorgeous shots, and gorgeous ring!

I''ll be looking forward to many more.
5.gif

The two photos by Ringabling are really super shots. The length and interest shown in this thread is a wonderful indicator of how much human perception appreciates "fire" in gemstones, especially in diamonds. I still believe that one can make a rather poorly cut diamond exhibit a good deal of fire and that fire is not a proof of overall quality, but a highly prized attribute of many transparent, faceted gemstones and especially of diamond.

For those of you thinking technically, do you have an instance of a finely cut diamond which displays no fire? What tools are in use which can accurately, repeatably and consistently measure the level of fire?
Upon what knowledge base is any lab''s scale of of fire''s strength built?

I am not knocking the beauty aspect of diamonds and their many visual and inherent characteristics. The subject is broad and exciting. I would like for those who are working hard to better their technical understanding of the the subject to ponder the elements of smoke and mirrors versus the solid, factual grading aspects which meet consistency, repeatability and accuracy standards.

Date: 1/2/2008 9:46:20 AM
Author: oldminer
The two photos by Ringabling are really super shots. The length and interest shown in this thread is a wonderful indicator of how much human perception appreciates ''fire'' in gemstones, especially in diamonds. I still believe that one can make a rather poorly cut diamond exhibit a good deal of fire and that fire is not a proof of overall quality, but a highly prized attribute of many transparent, faceted gemstones and especially of diamond.
thank you
9.gif

and I agree w/ the other part of what you said.
My stone is far from "perfect" by a lot of people''s standards here, it''s not a H& or equvalent. But it''s clear as a bell and has SO much personailty and is a great to excellent cut. That coupled w/ it''s slightly detectable color and VS1 clarity make my stone stand out when compared to some of the "perfect" stones I''ve been able to compare it to.
I think some of people put too much emphasis on the paper/specs personally.
I''m not exempt, I almost did as well and I almost bought another stone and I''m positive I''d have been more than happy with it, it was exquisite. But without KNOWING the specs of that one vs the one we bought, I am not at all sure there''d be a visible difference in the 2.

Date: 1/2/2008 9:11:45 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 1/1/2008 4:20:18 PM
Author: ringabling
41.gif

Blue
Uh oh, that''s how I started out....Now you''re in for it. You''ll be snapping pics like a mad woman.
9.gif
2.gif

Gorgeous shots, and gorgeous ring!

I''ll be looking forward to many more.
5.gif
LMBO Ellen! VERY strong possibilty I''ll be back in this thread w/ more fire colors!
17.gif

My 25th anniversary ring 3 stone radiant and traps.

Radiant Fire.JPG

My 25th anniv. 3 stone ring
This is so much fun. My ring is only a few weeks old, and I just bought a new camera. Can''t wait to take more fire shots.

Radiant 3 stone fire.JPG

Date: 1/2/2008 11:14:41 AM
Author: LSUfan
My 25th anniv. 3 stone ring
This is so much fun. My ring is only a few weeks old, and I just bought a new camera. Can''t wait to take more fire shots.
It is, isn''t it?!
9.gif

What a beautiful, blingy ring you have there! Very pretty shots, thanks for posting!

And feel free to add as many as you want.
3.gif

Ellen, I am sooo excited for you; I keep watching your posts!!! I have some fire shots I need to share soon. heheee

Date: 1/2/2008 11:42:59 AM
Ellen, I am sooo excited for you; I keep watching your posts!!! I have some fire shots I need to share soon. heheee
lol.gif
Skippy, you''re so funny. I think you''re more excited than I am! I saw your thread, I''ll post in it at the appropriate time.
2.gif

And um, about those shots missy, I''m waiting.....
tapping.gif

fire for Miss Ellen.

IMG000713.JPG

Sorry, I got a little too excited for ya
emembarrassed.gif

IMG0000717.JPG

Date: 1/2/2008 12:23:48 PM
emembarrassed.gif
LOL Not possible.
2.gif

Oh Skippy, be still my heart. That brooch is beyond words, truly. And now with it showing fire and sparkles.... Pass the salts, quickly!!

*SWOON*

Date: 1/2/2008 12:33:04 PM

Date: 1/2/2008 12:23:48 PM
emembarrassed.gif
LOL Not possible.
2.gif

Oh Skippy, be still my heart. That brooch is beyond words, truly. And now with it showing fire and sparkles.... Pass the salts, quickly!!

*SWOON*
Ahhhh, thanks Ellen; you are too sweet.
face23.gif
I love peek at it; it is so dang pretty if I do say so myself.
daydreaming.gif
Have you picked a watch yet????? I LOVE
30.gif
those watches; I would have a hard time too.
3.gif

Date: 1/2/2008 1:56:23 PM

Ahhhh, thanks Ellen; you are too sweet.
face23.gif
I love peek at it; it is so dang pretty if I do say so myself.
daydreaming.gif
Have you picked a watch yet????? I LOVE
30.gif
those watches; I would have a hard time too.
3.gif
Say so all ya want, it IS.
2.gif

*sigh* No, I can''t decide.
39.gif

you are just trying to up my post count, aren''t ya???????
lol.gif
2.gif

Ellen, what is the weather like where you are?
11.gif
9.gif

Date: 1/2/2008 2:09:43 PM

Say so all ya want, it IS.
2.gif

*sigh* No, I can't decide.
39.gif

you are just trying to up my post count, aren't ya???????
lol.gif
2.gif
angel_not3.gif
hehe23.gif
2.gif

Lorelei, is cracking me up, she is doing a countdown!
lol.gif

ETA: yay I want to know the weather too
11.gif

Date: 1/2/2008 2:11:41 PM
Author: Lorelei
11.gif
9.gif
crackup.gif

normally I would not respond to such shenanigans, but I want one of my bestest buddies to be here
2.gif

Date: 1/2/2008 2:15:17 PM

Date: 1/2/2008 2:11:41 PM
Author: Lorelei
11.gif
9.gif
crackup.gif

normally I would not respond to such shenanigans, but I want one of my bestest buddies to be here
2.gif
hehe23.gif

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP