shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Date: 2/23/2010 3:45:49 PM
Author: Squirrly
you''re getting close! i still haven''t broke 2,000. i''m jealous!
You''re almost there Squirrly!
36.gif

Date: 2/23/2010 3:46:23 PM
Author: vc10um

Date: 2/23/2010 3:40:23 PM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 2/23/2010 3:39:22 PM
Author: Clairitek

Date: 2/23/2010 3:33:58 PM
C-tek, you always chime in with such valuable information!

Elle, since you''re doing them at home, just hope straight in the shower after Melissa leaves. That''ll get rid of any hair product you may have used as well.
I lurk. Lots.
41.gif
I just don''t always take the time to log-in so I can post.
Creeper!
11.gif
Oh, and C, since I know you''re out there today and you''ll appreciate it...last week, inappropriate-gym-attire chick showed up wearing usual sports bra and nike soccer shorts that had a joe boxer-style elastic waistband printed with ''Just Do It.''
20.gif

It was all I could do to refrain from finally calling her out...I mean, her shorts were telling me to, after all!
she''s asking for it! doooooooo it!

Bad influences. All of you.

Date: 2/23/2010 3:54:10 PM
Bad influences. All of you.
That''s what we''re here for!

Elle, since you''re doing them at home, just hope straight in the shower after Melissa leaves. That''ll get rid of any hair product you may have used as well.
I lurk. Lots.
41.gif
Creeper!
11.gif
Oh, and C, since I know you''re out there today and you''ll appreciate it...last week, inappropriate-gym-attire chick showed up wearing usual sports bra and nike soccer shorts that had a joe boxer-style elastic waistband printed with ''Just Do It.''
20.gif

It was all I could do to refrain from finally calling her out...I mean, her shorts were telling me to, after all!
I really think this woman needs a talking to. I wonder what her response would be.

There was a woman at our gym that was super skinny and NEVER wore a bra but wore tight little tee shirts and tanks where you could see her nips poking through. She would wear shorts that were so tiny and low that you could just about see her crack and if she sat down to use a leg weight machine you would see her vaheesh as well. She was on the older end of things and would always try to chat up the muscle bound younger (I''m guessing mid 20s) men who are in the weight area all the time. DH always notices her (he finds her rather unappealing) and would come home and tell stories about her. On one hand I commend her bravery for just going for what she wants (the younger guys) and on the other hand I want to just tell her to dress mroe appropriately because no one needs to see her "goodies." I''ve watched her quite a bit if shes there when I''m doing cardio and can people watch without being noticed and its SO obvious when shes on the prowl. She will get on a treadmill, clearly be watching all of her prey and when one sits still at a machine long enough, she will go and strike up a conversation.

Other gym behaviors I just don''t get

A) Wearing full face make-up. If its all still on your face at the end of your work out, you weren''t working hard enough.
B) Wearing regular underwire bras (personal preference, just seems downright uncomfortable to me)
C) Yoga pants so tight you can see camel toe. Mirrors are your friend! People WILL notice!

Gross. Just... gross.

I can smell the desperation from here.

And camel toe. Sick!

that''s just wrong.

Date: 2/23/2010 3:54:55 PM

I lurk. Lots.
41.gif
Creeper!
11.gif
20.gif

I really think this woman needs a talking to. I wonder what her response would be.

There was a woman at our gym that was super skinny and NEVER wore a bra but wore tight little tee shirts and tanks where you could see her nips poking through. She would wear shorts that were so tiny and low that you could just about see her crack and if she sat down to use a leg weight machine you would see her vaheesh as well. She was on the older end of things and would always try to chat up the muscle bound younger (I''m guessing mid 20s) men who are in the weight area all the time. DH always notices her (he finds her rather unappealing) and would come home and tell stories about her. On one hand I commend her bravery for just going for what she wants (the younger guys) and on the other hand I want to just tell her to dress mroe appropriately because no one needs to see her ''goodies.'' I''ve watched her quite a bit if shes there when I''m doing cardio and can people watch without being noticed and its SO obvious when shes on the prowl. She will get on a treadmill, clearly be watching all of her prey and when one sits still at a machine long enough, she will go and strike up a conversation.

A) Wearing full face make-up. If its all still on your face at the end of your work out, you weren''t working hard enough.
B) Wearing regular underwire bras (personal preference, just seems downright uncomfortable to me)
C) Yoga pants so tight you can see camel toe. Mirrors are your friend! People WILL notice!
Oh wow. C-tek, I think that trumps mine.

I go *in* to the gym with a full face of makeup sometimes...if I, for some goodness knows why reason actually put on makeup for work that day...but NEVER otherwise...and I certainly don''t come out with it in tact!!! (Though I will admit to putting on mascara and lip gloss before a half marathon. But in my defense, it woke me up at an awful early hour to do so!)

And ditto elle on the eww to camel toe.

I wear foundation because I look gross without it!

Never eye makeup though.

so true C!

Date: 2/23/2010 4:08:20 PM

Never eye makeup though.
I look gross w/o mascara. I won''t go to my mailbox w/o mascara.

Date: 2/23/2010 4:09:23 PM
Author: winelover23

Never eye makeup though.

Does your mailbox judge you?
38.gif

Date: 2/23/2010 4:10:45 PM

Never eye makeup though.

38.gif
Yes. It punishes me by spitting out bills. P.O. S.

rehearsal time!
have a wonderful afternoon/evening everyone.

either way the concert goes for me tonight there will be celebration/consilation
5.gif

Date: 2/23/2010 4:11:59 PM

Date: 2/23/2010 4:10:45 PM

Never eye makeup though.

38.gif
Yes. It punishes me by spitting out bills. P.O. S.
Rat bastard.

Date: 2/23/2010 4:12:38 PM
Author: Squirrly
rehearsal time!
have a wonderful afternoon/evening everyone.

either way the concert goes for me tonight there will be celebration/consilation
5.gif
Enjoy!
36.gif

Date: 2/23/2010 3:58:54 PM
Gross. Just... gross.

I can smell the desperation from here.

And camel toe. Sick!
Ditto to the GROSS!

We bought an exercise bicycle so we don''t have to deal with all of that. (plus if it is downstairs there is no excuse to not use it) (We also have 6, 8, 10, and 12 pound weights; tension bands; and an 80 pound dog)

Date: 2/23/2010 4:06:59 PM

I lurk. Lots.
41.gif
Creeper!
11.gif
20.gif

There was a woman at our gym that was super skinny and NEVER wore a bra but wore tight little tee shirts and tanks where you could see her nips poking through. She would wear shorts that were so tiny and low that you could just about see her crack and if she sat down to use a leg weight machine you would see her vaheesh as well. She was on the older end of things and would always try to chat up the muscle bound younger (I''m guessing mid 20s) men who are in the weight area all the time. DH always notices her (he finds her rather unappealing) and would come home and tell stories about her. On one hand I commend her bravery for just going for what she wants (the younger guys) and on the other hand I want to just tell her to dress mroe appropriately because no one needs to see her ''goodies.'' I''ve watched her quite a bit if shes there when I''m doing cardio and can people watch without being noticed and its SO obvious when shes on the prowl. She will get on a treadmill, clearly be watching all of her prey and when one sits still at a machine long enough, she will go and strike up a conversation.

I go *in* to the gym with a full face of makeup sometimes...if I, for some goodness knows why reason actually put on makeup for work that day...but NEVER otherwise...and I certainly don''t come out with it in tact!!! (Though I will admit to putting on mascara and lip gloss before a half marathon. But in my defense, it woke me up at an awful early hour to do so!)

I meant to add earlier that if you go to the gym while at work on your lunch break or something its totally understandable that you''ll have make-up on. I suppose as a non daily make-up wearer (though this may change when I am in the *real* world working, not grad school) I am mystefied by women I see first thing on a Saturday morning wearing not only the basics (lip gloss, mascara, foundation) but also color on lips/eyes/cheeks.

VC- They take your picture at those races! I looked horrible in my triathlon pics. Perhaps if I had a little enhancement it wouldn''t have been so bad.
3.gif

Date: 2/23/2010 4:15:36 PM

Date: 2/23/2010 4:06:59 PM

I go *in* to the gym with a full face of makeup sometimes...if I, for some goodness knows why reason actually put on makeup for work that day...but NEVER otherwise...and I certainly don't come out with it in tact!!! (Though I will admit to putting on mascara and lip gloss before a half marathon. But in my defense, it woke me up at an awful early hour to do so!)

I meant to add earlier that if you go to the gym while at work on your lunch break or something its totally understandable that you'll have make-up on. I suppose as a non daily make-up wearer (though this may change when I am in the *real* world working, not grad school) I am mystefied by women I see first thing on a Saturday morning wearing not only the basics (lip gloss, mascara, foundation) but also color on lips/eyes/cheeks.

VC- They take your picture at those races! I looked horrible in my triathlon pics. Perhaps if I had a little enhancement it wouldn't have been so bad.
3.gif
That may or may not be the *other* reason I put on a little something.

I still look awful, lol. But at least I *FEEL* better about myself.

lunch time hello!

how is everyone?

Date: 2/23/2010 4:21:30 PM
Author: jcarlylew
lunch time hello!

how is everyone?
Writer''s block.

How are you? What''s for lunch?

Date: 2/23/2010 4:21:30 PM
lunch time hello!

how is everyone?
Holy, Jcar!

Doing alright. You??

I never understand the people that get dressed up to go to the mall. They''re wearing heels and dressy clothes...it''s just weird looking!

Date: 2/23/2010 4:28:07 PM
Author: sunnyd
I never understand the people that get dressed up to go to the mall. They''re wearing heels and dressy clothes...it''s just weird looking!
I wear heels and jeans to the mall if I''m dress shopping b/c I hate trying on dresses barefoot...I feel like I never get the full affect, lol!

Same. Those people freak me out.

for lunch - two types of pasta salad. One caesar and another veggie/artichoke/spinach

Date: 2/23/2010 4:31:04 PM
for lunch - two types of pasta salad. One caesar and another veggie/artichoke/spinach
I LOVE pasta salad!!

Date: 2/23/2010 4:29:37 PM

I wear heels and jeans to the mall if I''m dress shopping b/c I hate trying on dresses barefoot...I feel like I never get the full affect, lol!
depends on the store we go to. if i am shopping at a high priced store, i dress up (er, put on heels). but then again, i like to wear heels.

i did ask eric to dress nicer for ring shopping. nothing says lets get married like a pantera shirt.

Date: 2/23/2010 4:31:46 PM

I LOVE pasta salad!!
I love artichokes!

Mmmmmm. Pasta salad. MMMMMMMMmmm.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP