The LIW Small Talk Thread

Date: 2/25/2010 4:04:03 PM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 2/25/2010 4:02:10 PM
Author: winelover23

Date: 2/25/2010 3:58:39 PM
Author: vc10um

IS THE BARBIE BBERRY PINK?!!?!?!
What do you think? Yesterday I was trying to get her out of the car and she about ripped my face off saying ''Mom, I need to text my Sister''. She was so mad I was rushing her. I think I''ve told you guys before she has had an imaginary Sister ''Suzy'' for almost 2 years now. It''s hilarious when they fight and Mini slams the phone down.
LMAO!
36.gif
Oh wow. That is just hilarious.

Date: 2/25/2010 4:13:20 PM

Date: 2/25/2010 4:09:40 PM
Author: elrohwen
DH just came home early!
36.gif
Yay! Except I''m pretty sure he will immediately start playing Call of Duty
20.gif
OMG you too???

I''m a widow!
39.gif

Does he have Xbox live?
Yes he does! He has "playdates" with one of his work friends
20.gif
They text each other about when they''re going to play.

Date: 2/25/2010 4:14:49 PM

DH just came home early!
36.gif
20.gif
OMG you too???

I''m a widow!
39.gif

Does he have Xbox live?
Yes he does! He has ''playdates'' with one of his work friends
20.gif
Haha! Yeah, J has a few Xbox live buddies as well...
20.gif

Thank god DH only has the Wii. Still, many many hours of nookie have been lost to that game and machine.

Date: 2/25/2010 4:12:31 PM
Kiwis have the coolest accents! I''m jealous
9.gif
Hehehe, thanks. I always think it sounds so weird next to American accents, if there is a kiwi on a US TV show/movie I think "do we really sound like that?"

At least now DH has these headphones that allow him to play without me having to listen to all of the shooting
3.gif

Date: 2/25/2010 4:14:49 PM

DH just came home early!
36.gif
20.gif
OMG you too???

I''m a widow!
39.gif

Does he have Xbox live?

Yes he does! He has ''playdates'' with one of his work friends
20.gif
sounds like FI and my brother with Fight Night. They have the headsets and boy do they look stupid.

Date: 2/25/2010 4:16:33 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Thank god DH only has the Wii. Still, many many hours of nookie have been lost to that game and machine.
I wonder if A thinks the same thing about when I play Wii...
37.gif

Date: 2/25/2010 4:11:01 PM
Author: 4ever

Date: 2/25/2010 4:03:53 PM
Author: Clairitek

Date: 2/25/2010 3:58:30 PM

Date: 2/25/2010 3:56:53 PM

Date: 2/25/2010 3:44:56 PM
Kia Ora wahine, how''s it going?

Got back last night from my beach holiday with some friends, was a nice time but happy to be home.
Are you from New Zealand?
Yes indeed.
My dad was raised there (but born in England) and my mom''s American brother married a New Zealander so they live there now along with my two cousins. My aunt and uncle live near Nelson and the cousins live in Wellington and Dunedin. I have to say that out of all the places I''ve traveled NZ is by far the most gorgeous. LOVE the landscape there! One of the cousins who lives there got married in Rarotonga this past summer. DH and I went for two weeks and treated it like our honeymoon. Even though it was winter, it was still really lovely.
Sounds like you enjoyed your visit, do anything really neat? I''m asking because my BF has been here for a year (he''s english) and hasn''t really been many places here yet and I''d like to take him but don''t know where to start. I''ve just come back from the coromandal and that area is endlessly beautiful with all the beaches and native bush, even the drive there is just stunning.
We didn''t do much of anything in Raro except for visit with family. The only ones there from my side were me, DH, and my mother (and the bride, her sister, and my uncle) so it was great getting to know my aunt''s family and my cousin''s DH''s family. We did a good amount of laying around on the beach and scootering. The worst thing about Raro was the damned roosters though. They crow at all times of the night. Loudly.

As far as where to take your BF in NZ... I''ve only really toured the South Island. The only place I''ve been in the North Island is Auckland, and only for a day or two. I hardly remember it. We spent a good amount of time driving down the west cost of the South Island and then spent a whole day out on Wharaiki Beach (I''m sure I butchered the spelling) which I belive is on the nothern tip of the South Island. I loved that beach though. So gorgeous. On the cost I really like Punakaiki (pancake rock formations with geyser type action when the waves crash) and the glaciers. We took a close look at Fox Glacier. We visited Christchurch when we were there (my older cousin was in school there at the time) and I thought it was a neat city. I haven''t been too much further south than that though. The next time we go we will spend more time in Wellington where the cousin who got married lives with her DH.

Date: 2/25/2010 4:16:37 PM

Date: 2/25/2010 4:12:31 PM
Kiwis have the coolest accents! I''m jealous
9.gif
Hehehe, thanks. I always think it sounds so weird next to American accents, if there is a kiwi on a US TV show/movie I think ''do we really sound like that?''
Haha, I kind of feel the same way though if I''m watching a British show/movie and there''s one American in it. I''m such a sucker for accents though - give me English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Kiwi, Aussie, etc any day of the week.

Boys and their games!

CTek - Can I wear your ring until mine comes back? Super thanks.

haha! yup! J plays with the headset as well!
41.gif

Date: 2/25/2010 4:18:44 PM
Author: Bia

sounds like FI and my brother with Fight Night. They have the headsets and boy do they look stupid.
LMAO Yes, they do!

Ok, my question is, when you listen to other people playing over Xbox live, why do they all sound like they''re 10? DH is watching Call of Duty videos on YouTube (double
20.gif
20.gif
) and everyone talking sounds like a little kid. No way I would let my 10 year old play these games!

Man, you ladies are chatty today!

I made it up through C-Tek''s job announcement and then gave up. Congrats C-Tek!

Date: 2/25/2010 4:19:44 PM

Date: 2/25/2010 4:11:01 PM

Date: 2/25/2010 4:03:53 PM

Date: 2/25/2010 3:58:30 PM

Date: 2/25/2010 3:56:53 PM

Date: 2/25/2010 3:44:56 PM
Kia Ora wahine, how''s it going?

Got back last night from my beach holiday with some friends, was a nice time but happy to be home.
Are you from New Zealand?
Yes indeed.
My dad was raised there (but born in England) and my mom''s American brother married a New Zealander so they live there now along with my two cousins. My aunt and uncle live near Nelson and the cousins live in Wellington and Dunedin. I have to say that out of all the places I''ve traveled NZ is by far the most gorgeous. LOVE the landscape there! One of the cousins who lives there got married in Rarotonga this past summer. DH and I went for two weeks and treated it like our honeymoon. Even though it was winter, it was still really lovely.
Sounds like you enjoyed your visit, do anything really neat? I''m asking because my BF has been here for a year (he''s english) and hasn''t really been many places here yet and I''d like to take him but don''t know where to start. I''ve just come back from the coromandal and that area is endlessly beautiful with all the beaches and native bush, even the drive there is just stunning.
We didn''t do much of anything in Raro except for visit with family. The only ones there from my side were me, DH, and my mother (and the bride, her sister, and my uncle) so it was great getting to know my aunt''s family and my cousin''s DH''s family. We did a good amount of laying around on the beach and scootering. The worst thing about Raro was the damned roosters though. They crow at all times of the night. Loudly.

As far as where to take your BF in NZ... I''ve only really toured the South Island. The only place I''ve been in the North Island is Auckland, and only for a day or two. I hardly remember it. We spent a good amount of time driving down the west cost of the South Island and then spent a whole day out on Wharaiki Beach (I''m sure I butchered the spelling) which I belive is on the nothern tip of the South Island. I loved that beach though. So gorgeous. On the cost I really like Punakaiki (pancake rock formations with geyser type action when the waves crash) and the glaciers. We took a close look at Fox Glacier. We visited Christchurch when we were there (my older cousin was in school there at the time) and I thought it was a neat city. I haven''t been too much further south than that though. The next time we go we will spend more time in Wellington where the cousin who got married lives with her DH.
The South Island is where I havn''t been, shamefull right? Been living here for 21yrs and never been to the souths Island. Up untill last year it has always been much cheaper to fly to Australia than anywhere in the south island. I think I''ll take BF skiing in Queenstown in the winter to start.

Date: 2/25/2010 4:24:08 PM
Author: ladypirate

I made it up through C-Tek''s job announcement and then gave up. Congrats C-Tek!
That means you missed Elle''s 10k post!!! Go back, go back!

Date: 2/25/2010 4:23:35 PM
Ok, my question is, when you listen to other people playing over Xbox live, why do they all sound like they''re 10? DH is watching Call of Duty videos on YouTube (double
20.gif
20.gif
) and everyone talking sounds like a little kid. No way I would let my 10 year old play these games!
HA! J was just complaining about that! He''s like "Listen to them - they''re so young!"

Date: 2/25/2010 2:46:23 PM
OK Small Talkers. Gather ''round!

This is my 10,000th post. I''d like to take this time to thank all of my fellow small talkers, and in particular, my beautiful wife Bia.

Without our nonstop chattering, I would never have hit this wonderful milestone. I''ve never felt more open about my bowel habits with anyone. I''m so glad I can share my poop with you.

Thank you for EVERYTHING, particularly the entertainment. Oh, and you guys helped with wedding stuff too.
9.gif

Here''s to another 10,000!
36.gif

EEEEeeeee!!! Congratulations, Elle! You are a record small-talker.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Date: 2/25/2010 4:28:12 PM
Author: Bia

Date: 2/25/2010 4:24:08 PM

That means you missed Elle''s 10k post!!! Go back, go back!
And Mini''s phone behavior!

Once you read about that I think you''ve got the good stuff!

Date: 2/25/2010 4:29:33 PM

Date: 2/25/2010 2:46:23 PM
OK Small Talkers. Gather ''round!

This is my 10,000th post. I''d like to take this time to thank all of my fellow small talkers, and in particular, my beautiful wife Bia.

Without our nonstop chattering, I would never have hit this wonderful milestone. I''ve never felt more open about my bowel habits with anyone. I''m so glad I can share my poop with you.

Thank you for EVERYTHING, particularly the entertainment. Oh, and you guys helped with wedding stuff too.
9.gif

Here''s to another 10,000!
36.gif

EEEEeeeee!!! Congratulations, Elle! You are a record small-talker.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Haha!

Thank you, thank you...

Date: 2/25/2010 4:21:25 PM
Boys and their games!

Aww, yes you can! You just made my day by asking.
9.gif
41.gif

K plays video games but he does it on a private server with all his best friends from FOREVER. They play like twice a week. It usually involves lots of cursing and yelling, so I just leave him alone for a few hours on Monday and Friday nights (and usually use that opportunity to play WoW).
9.gif

Date: 2/25/2010 4:31:10 PM
K plays video games but he does it on a private server with all his best friends from FOREVER. They play like twice a week. It usually involves lots of cursing and yelling, so I just leave him alone for a few hours on Monday and Friday nights (and usually use that opportunity to play WoW).
9.gif
I''m so behind in WoW! I must have so much rest XP!

Date: 2/25/2010 4:30:24 PM

Boys and their games!

9.gif
41.gif
Yay! It''s so classy and timeless. I''ve been oogling it everytime you post! I should put my ring in my avie so I don''t miss it so much.

Wino--the story about mini fighting with her fake sister is AMAZING. No joke.

I love how much imagination kids have. I went and hung out with my neighbor and her kids for a while the other day and it was so much fun being around such creative energy.

Date: 2/25/2010 4:36:32 PM
Wino--the story about mini fighting with her fake sister is AMAZING. No joke.

I love how much imagination kids have. I went and hung out with my neighbor and her kids for a while the other day and it was so much fun being around such creative energy.
My avie looks weird. How do I fix it?

Serioulsy Mini''s imagination is insane. She is super animated about everything, it kills me.

Date: 2/25/2010 4:35:41 PM

Boys and their games!

9.gif
41.gif
Yay! It''s so classy and timeless. I''ve been oogling it everytime you post! I should put my ring in my avie so I don''t miss it so much.
Well done, WL.

Now the rest of us can oogle it, too!
36.gif

Date: 2/25/2010 4:35:41 PM

Boys and their games!

9.gif
41.gif
DH will grin when I tell him what you said. I sometimes don''t love my setting, but only because it wasn''t made the best it can be. I just remind myself time and time again that its a handmade piece of art and that makes it all better.

What happened to your ring? Getting it sized or having a custom band made?

Okay good, LP missed the part about her being in love with a stripperrrrrrrrrrrr (sing it Lil' Wayne, or T-Payne, or whoever it was).

Love the new av Wino!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP