carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Date: 3/1/2010 1:20:43 PM
Author: vc10um

Date: 3/1/2010 1:17:07 PM
Author: elrohwen
Welcome back, VC! What did you have for lunch?
Balsamic Chicken, Mac and Cheese, and hummus with pita. Iced Tea to drink. And split a white cake, chocolate gnache, and toffee buttercream cupcake with A for dessert.
18.gif
I love this bakery/cafe by us!!!
That sounds so yummy! Especially the cupcake
18.gif
and mac & cheese.

Date: 3/1/2010 1:08:43 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Ok, have to go pick up some coffee and some lunch!

Be back!
WAIT a minute. You don''t drink coffee! What''s going on here?!

Date: 3/1/2010 1:23:37 PM

Date: 3/1/2010 1:20:43 PM
Author: vc10um

Date: 3/1/2010 1:17:07 PM
Welcome back, VC! What did you have for lunch?
Balsamic Chicken, Mac and Cheese, and hummus with pita. Iced Tea to drink. And split a white cake, chocolate gnache, and toffee buttercream cupcake with A for dessert.
18.gif
I love this bakery/cafe by us!!!
That sounds so yummy! Especially the cupcake
18.gif
and mac & cheese.
I get mac and cheese wheenver I can b/c A is a lactard, so I can never make it at home (there''s so much dairy in it that he''d have to down a box of pills to counteract all the lactose...so it''s just not worth it to him). And this place makes the best cupcakes. They''re extra big...probably 1.5x the size of a normal cupcake, so we split them and feel less guilty!
9.gif

lactard-hehehe loves it!

So DH and I might go baby furniture shopping this weekend and my mommy is coming to visit!!!

Date: 3/1/2010 1:31:24 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
lactard-hehehe loves it!

So DH and I might go baby furniture shopping this weekend and my mommy is coming to visit!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

My DH is also a lacktard. Though he''s not nearly as bad off as yours! Lactaid actually gave him really bad abdominal pains, so now he tries to eat dairy only once per day and I just suffer in silence afterwards.

Your husband lacks tard?

Mac & Cheese is like the ultimate comfort food for me. When I''m really stressed out or upset, I turn to the blue box.

Date: 3/1/2010 1:27:38 PM
Author: TheBigT

Be back!
If i know Elle''s coworkers, they probably sent her on a run
29.gif

I love mac and cheese, all varieties, but I prefer the basic baked mac and cheese with cheddar, blue box or shells and cheese.

Date: 3/1/2010 1:34:01 PM
Your husband lacks tard?
Heehee. How did that "k" slip in there?

And cheers to baby furniture shopping and mommy visits! That sounds like a blast.

Mac & cheese really is the ultimate comfort food. I actually prefer Annie''s Shells and White Cheddar to the blue box (maybe because it has a bunny on it?). I always throw in a ton of broccoli
18.gif

OMG yes! Mac & Cheese, how I love thee!
18.gif
18.gif
Now I''m starving, but I won''t reward myself with food until I am done with the draft I''m working on...works for my dog
20.gif
20.gif

Date: 3/1/2010 1:41:07 PM
Mac & cheese really is the ultimate comfort food. I actually prefer Annie''s Shells and White Cheddar to the blue box (maybe because it has a bunny on it?). I always throw in a ton of broccoli
18.gif
I actually love a great homemade mac & cheese, but am still searching for the perfect restaurant version. I don''t want to learn to make it well, or it''ll be on the menu all the time. And then I will need new pants.

Date: 3/1/2010 1:43:47 PM

18.gif
I actually love a great homemade mac & cheese, but am still searching for the perfect restaurant version. I don''t want to learn to make it well, or it''ll be on the menu all the time. And then I will need new pants.
Don''t use Martha Stewarts!!! She tricked me, that b****!

Here''s the best standing up pic I have and it proves he can do tricks! I usually don''t lure him up into position, but I was holding the food there so he would stay up long enough to let me take a pic. He moves around too much to get good pics!

otto does a trick.jpg

Date: 3/1/2010 1:46:52 PM
Here's the best standing up pic I have and it proves he can do tricks! I usually don't lure him up into position, but I was holding the food there so he would stay up long enough to let me take a pic. He moves around too much to get good pics!
Otto is way too cute. I must steal him.

Date: 3/1/2010 1:46:15 PM
Author: Bia

Date: 3/1/2010 1:43:47 PM

Mac & cheese really is the ultimate comfort food. I actually prefer Annie's Shells and White Cheddar to the blue box (maybe because it has a bunny on it?). I always throw in a ton of broccoli
18.gif
I actually love a great homemade mac & cheese, but am still searching for the perfect restaurant version. I don't want to learn to make it well, or it'll be on the menu all the time. And then I will need new pants.
Don't use Martha Stewarts!!! She tricked me, that b****!
I've heard Martha's version is the best mac & cheese of all time. I don't even want to make it because I probably won't be able to stop eating it.

Date: 3/1/2010 1:27:38 PM

Be back!
Ha!

There is a local roaster in Ann Arbor that J and I found at the Farmer''s Market, and they roast a low acid blend, and it is AMAZING. And best of all - I can drink it without getting sick!

what do you mean restaurant version?

Ok, wait, this is definitely the best standing up pic. Taken when he was a little baby and had huge ears.

baby otto stands up.jpg

Date: 3/1/2010 1:48:04 PM
Author: Bia

Here''s the best standing up pic I have and it proves he can do tricks! I usually don''t lure him up into position, but I was holding the food there so he would stay up long enough to let me take a pic. He moves around too much to get good pics!
Otto is way too cute. I must steal him.
This! The bunneh pictures are killing me...he is so stinkin cute. I need to print out one of these pics and put it up on the wall in my office and stare at him all day!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Date: 3/1/2010 1:50:27 PM
Ok, wait, this is definitely the best standing up pic. Taken when he was a little baby and had huge ears.
OMG! SO CUTE!!!!!!!

Date: 3/1/2010 1:50:27 PM

SOOOO cute!!!

Don''t stop, I love him! I think he should be our ST mascot.

I so need a life outside of my bunny.

Date: 3/1/2010 1:50:13 PM
what do you mean restaurant version?
I know, sometimes I don''t make sense when I talk... I meant I''m looking for the perfect mac & cheese at restaurants, rather than recipes for me to make. I love a great mac, but I don''t want to make it all the time (or have leftovers). DH and I try mac & cheese practically whenever we see it on a menu. We both like it really creamy with a crusty, crunchy top.

Date: 3/1/2010 1:53:25 PM
No you dont!!!

MOAR PICS!

So question for you ladies...

When you all got engaged, did your future-in-law family reach out to you in any way?

Date: 3/1/2010 1:53:25 PM
That would suck! Bunneh life is way better, I promise!

OMG can Otto be my ring bearer?

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP