carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Date: 3/4/2010 4:01:34 PM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 3/4/2010 3:58:17 PM
Author: sunnyd
Some nasty snatch has left blood on the toilet for the second day in a row.
emotion-41.gif
WTF. I''m going to send anonymous hostile letters to all 5 women on the floor.
29.gif

WHY can''t women clean up after themselves in public bathrooms!??
33.gif
32.gif
29.gif
38.gif
39.gif
40.gif
OK that''s it, we''re starting a clean women movement. I hate this crap. The women at my work are so disgusting too. I want to leave notes on the stall doors.

I just said "Roasted North Atlantic Salmon with a Lychee Beurre Blanc" "Pan Seared Filet Mignon with a Congnac Demi Glace" and "Hand-Made Pasta Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Spinach"

Date: 3/4/2010 4:08:57 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I just said ''Roasted North Atlantic Salmon with a Lychee Beurre Blanc'' ''Pan Seared Filet Mignon with a Congnac Demi Glace'' and ''Hand-Made Pasta Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Spinach''
Dear Wife,

I am so glad we''re going to this restaurant in May. My tummy is already rumbling in anticipation.

Love,
Wife

I''m putting in my review under teamwork that I didn''t yell at all the nasty women for getting poo and gore everywhere. Gimme a raise.

I just said ''Roasted North Atlantic Salmon with a Lychee Beurre Blanc'' ''Pan Seared Filet Mignon with a Congnac Demi Glace'' and ''Hand-Made Pasta Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Spinach''
Wait, this was all written out on your response cards or somewhere else? I''m so clueless
20.gif

Date: 3/4/2010 4:14:26 PM
I''m putting in my review under teamwork that I didn''t yell at all the nasty women for getting poo and gore everywhere. Gimme a raise.
DO IT!

You''re a super star sunny!

I just got invited to go to the roller derby this weekend.

19.gif
<-------- this is my excited face

Date: 3/4/2010 4:19:05 PM

You''re a super star sunny!
LOL. I don''t even know what to write...my sup knows that I''m only here because I''m stuck in this hell.

The secretary next to me just got ripped a new one because a file is missing.

CALM. THE. F. DOWN.

Attorneys are *soooo* disorganized and then get pissed at their secy''s when they lose stuff.

20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

Date: 3/4/2010 4:21:08 PM
Author: princesss
I just got invited to go to the roller derby this weekend.

19.gif
<-------- this is my excited face
Thats awesome, Princesss!

Date: 3/4/2010 4:27:37 PM
The secretary next to me just got ripped a new one because a file is missing.

CALM. THE. F. DOWN.

Attorneys are *soooo* disorganized and then get pissed at their secy''s when they lose stuff.

20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
Annoying.

The salmon was literally the best salmon I''ve ever had in my entire life.

Date: 3/4/2010 4:15:29 PM
Author: hisdiamondgirl

Wait, this was all written out on your response cards or somewhere else? I''m so clueless
20.gif

Response Card. I did the print yourself invitations, etc from Michaels, the Bride''s Magazine line. They were loverly. Here''s the response card

HH reply cards.jpg

here''s the invitation

HH invitation 1.jpg

Date: 3/4/2010 4:32:17 PM
The salmon was literally the best salmon I''ve ever had in my entire life.
I love Salmon!

FI just called and said he''s bringing home bootlegs and spanish food!!!

(but he wants to go running for sure tonigt...damN!)

And the envelope-I lined these with vellum to get a fancy custom look.

HH invitation 2 lined envelope.jpg

Totes classy, HH!

I love the damask look.

I''m totally waffling between going all out on stationary and print them myself. You''re totally swaying me toward doing them myself.

Date: 3/4/2010 4:34:48 PM

Date: 3/4/2010 4:15:29 PM
Author: hisdiamondgirl

20.gif

Response Card. I did the print yourself invitations, etc from Michaels, the Bride''s Magazine line. They were loverly. Here''s the response card
OMG HH, I love
30.gif
your invitations. That''s what I want mine to look like. Ok, so I can write out what the dish actually is. Cool!

That salmon sounds freakin delicious! Now I''m hungry again!
29.gif

I changed mine up from the standard boxed invite by changing the font and color and using the burgundy ribbon. I also as I said lined the envelopes with green velum. My colors were burgundy, chartreuse, black and white.

I just said 'Roasted North Atlantic Salmon with a Lychee Beurre Blanc' 'Pan Seared Filet Mignon with a Congnac Demi Glace' and 'Hand-Made Pasta Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Spinach'
I did this (though obviously my choices were different) and had the little ___ next to it so you could check it off. I wanted to include some description of the meals, since it wasn't just beef, chicken, fish (we had lamb, duck, and sea bass)

Oh, and I didn't list vegetarian. One person needed it and he just wrote it in. The place could do it special, but I didn't want 10 people checking it just because. Plus, I knew none of my friends were vegetarians (a friend's gf was, so she got the special meal). I guess if I had numerous vegetarian friends I would've included the option.

Yea our third choice wasn''t necessarily vegetarian, it was also a chicken.

I''m glad I don''t have any vegetarian friends. KC BBQ doesn''t go well with vegetarian.

HH, love your invites! Beautiful. I wish I had had the confidence to print them myself.

How did you line the envelopes? I didn''t even know you could do that yourself. I really like it!

on the phone for what felt like eternity
14.gif

HH: me likes
36.gif

The vegetarian option ended up being a mushroom stuffed pasta. I was so tempted to order some on the side for myself
18.gif

Date: 3/4/2010 4:52:38 PM
Author: elrohwen

I just said 'Roasted North Atlantic Salmon with a Lychee Beurre Blanc' 'Pan Seared Filet Mignon with a Congnac Demi Glace' and 'Hand-Made Pasta Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Spinach'
I did this (though obviously my choices were different) and had the little ___ next to it so you could check it off. I wanted to include some description of the meals, since it wasn't just beef, chicken, fish.

Oh, and I didn't list vegetarian. One person needed it and he just wrote it in. The place could do it special, but I didn't want people checking it off when they weren't actually vegetarian, if that makes sense.
Totally makes sense. My venue says it can provide a "limited number" of vegeterian dishes so I won't put that on the response card either.

Another question. When more than 1 person was RSVPing on the same card, did they just write 1 or 2 or whatever number next to the chosen dishes or did they write their names next to their choice. Like if A and B are both coming and they both check off beef and fish, how I do know who wants what since I have to give my venue the chosen dishes along with the seating chart?!?!?!

ETFix stupid mistakes!
29.gif

I bought 8.5. x 11 specialty paper from Michael''s and made a template with a piece of cardboard. Then I cut the paper in the template shape and used a glue stick to adhere it to the inside of the envelope. I placed the paper low enough on the envelope so the glue strip was still visible. Oh and the lining only covers the flap and a small part of the pocket. You don''t need to line the entire pocket.

my people initialed which ones they wanted.

Date: 3/4/2010 5:00:23 PM
my people initialed which ones they wanted.
That''s what I always do with RSVPs for plated dinners.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP