shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Date: 3/5/2010 10:01:17 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Oh HELL no! I would freak the eff out on DH if he ever got arrested.
M has certain things he thinks are worth getting arrested for. His list and my list are VERY different, and his college friends were....boisterous, shall we say? So these rules have been in place for a while.

Date: 3/5/2010 10:07:14 AM
Author: elledizzy5
J got arrested once. It was 2 days after surgery I had, and I was all drugged up on darvocet and had to go pick his @$$ up.
Darvocet scares me. It''s been known to induce suicidal thoughts in people on it...and not even abusers...just people taking the normal Rx dose.

Date: 3/5/2010 10:10:38 AM
Author: vc10um

J got arrested once. It was 2 days after surgery I had, and I was all drugged up on darvocet and had to go pick his @$$ up.
Darvocet scares me. It''s been known to induce suicidal thoughts in people on it...and not even abusers...just people taking the normal Rx dose.
I LOVE darvocet! It made me so happy!

Date: 3/5/2010 10:11:47 AM

Date: 3/5/2010 10:10:38 AM

I LOVE darvocet! It made me so happy!
Well I''m glad you weren''t one of those people. I am less scared now, thanks elle!
16.gif

Date: 3/5/2010 10:10:11 AM
Author: princesss

M has certain things he thinks are worth getting arrested for. His list and my list are VERY different, and his college friends were....boisterous, shall we say? So these rules have been in place for a while.
FI did too...I am ashamed to admit.

When he was 15 he and his friend were shooting BBs from the 3rd floor window and one of them hit some guy in the butt. ::sigh::

So all week I''ve had my days mixed up (on Weds, I thought it was Saturday, yesterday I thought it was Friday) but I was certain I had it right today. It''s Friday. And every Friday my department does Bagel Friday. We have an SOP, we take turns, and all 7 groups take turns bringing in the bagels and cream cheese. My group talks a LOT of smack because nobody else follows the SOP (which details how many bagels, which kind, how many things of cream cheese, etc.). March is our month, so I was super excited driving to work because I knew I''d have a ton of choices.

So I get in and there are NO bagels. So my immediate assumption is that I screwed up and it''s not Friday. But no, my boss FORGOT the bagels. After talking all this smack, and writing the bagel SOP, he forgot the bagels.
20.gif
He finally brought them, but not before I got hungry and cranky.

It turns out, though, there''s nothing on the SOP about timeliness. That''s getting updated today.

I''m with HH - there would be a lot of freaking out if DH got himself arrested. I can''t even think of what he would do to put himself in this situation - he''s not very confrontational or anything.

Date: 3/5/2010 10:20:28 AM
Author: elrohwen
I'm with HH - there would be a lot of freaking out if DH got himself arrested. I can't even think of what he would do to put himself in this situation - he's not very confrontational or anything.
If my husband got arrested I would have him checked for a brain tumor... I think he'd have to have undergone a tremendous personality shift to do anything to put himself in that situation (other than being falsely accused of something, of course).

Date: 3/5/2010 10:15:11 AM
Author: Bia

Date: 3/5/2010 10:10:11 AM
Author: princesss

FI did too...I am ashamed to admit.

When he was 15 he and his friend were shooting BBs from the 3rd floor window and one of them hit some guy in the butt. ::sigh::
LOL. bahahahaha!

J got arrested for forgetting to pay a ticket.
20.gif

Then he did it again.
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

Date: 3/5/2010 10:26:12 AM
20.gif

Then he did it again.
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
LOL. Sorry, but... does he have ADHD? I could see my sister doing this, if we let her drive...

Date: 3/5/2010 9:32:36 AM

Date: 3/4/2010 10:08:57 PM
Author: Clairitek

Date: 3/4/2010 4:11:40 PM

Date: 3/4/2010 4:08:57 PM

I just said ''Roasted North Atlantic Salmon with a Lychee Beurre Blanc'' ''Pan Seared Filet Mignon with a Congnac Demi Glace'' and ''Hand-Made Pasta Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Spinach''
Dear Wife,

I am so glad we''re going to this restaurant in May. My tummy is already rumbling in anticipation.

Love,

Wife
ummmm are you snatches (love that HDG) having a Rhody GTG without telling me?
Maybe...
27.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
7.gif

I''m with HH - there would be a lot of freaking out if DH got himself arrested. I can''t even think of what he would do to put himself in this situation - he''s not very confrontational or anything.
+ 0.5 to this. Thoguh, when DH drinks a little he gets much more brave and confrontational. When we first started dating he got way too plastered at a local bar (college town... lots of punks who think they are tough) and I spent the entire walk home putting myself between him and anyone I saw him staring down. NO ONE was provoking him, but he was definitely on edge. This was all after I was dragging him out of the bar and he stole two shots off of the shot waitress'' tray when she was chatting with the bouncer and threw them down his throat/all over himself when I wasn''t looking. Good thing I was already in love with him at that time (though I hadn''t told him yet
41.gif
) or else I think that night would have been tough to get past.

Date: 3/5/2010 10:29:34 AM
Author: TheBigT

20.gif

Then he did it again.
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
LOL. Sorry, but... does he have ADHD? I could see my sister doing this, if we let her drive...
FI DOES!!!
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

C-tek, love the +0.5!! Awesome

My DH just gets huggy while drunk. He''ll hug anybody for any reason. Hahaha.

Date: 3/5/2010 10:29:34 AM

20.gif

Then he did it again.
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
Ha! He does. It''s really bad. He cannot remember a thing.

morning all!!
not working till 1030 today... but i am working off site so i get to PS all day again
9.gif

38.gif

Date: 3/5/2010 10:23:05 AM

If my husband got arrested I would have him checked for a brain tumor... I think he''d have to have undergone a tremendous personality shift to do anything to put himself in that situation (other than being falsely accused of something, of course).
Same here T. J is the most even tempered person on the planet. He would have to be posessed by the devil to get arrested.

My ex douchebag on the other hand...he''s been to MEXICAN prison and he''s about to be on 20 days of house arrest w/ an ankle bracelet for reckless driving. Ya and I married that guy. Can you say STUPID?
38.gif

Date: 3/5/2010 10:44:32 AM
Author: winelover23
38.gif

Same here T. J is the most even tempered person on the planet. He would have to be posessed by the devil to get arrested.

My ex douchebag on the other hand...he''s been to MEXICAN prison and he''s about to be on 20 days of house arrest w/ an ankle bracelet for reckless driving. Ya and I married that guy. Can you say STUPID?
38.gif
yup - he''s a douchewaffle!

Date: 3/5/2010 10:35:42 AM
Author: Clairitek

I'm with HH - there would be a lot of freaking out if DH got himself arrested. I can't even think of what he would do to put himself in this situation - he's not very confrontational or anything.
+ 0.5 to this. Thoguh, when DH drinks a little he gets much more brave and confrontational. When we first started dating he got way too plastered at a local bar (college town... lots of punks who think they are tough) and I spent the entire walk home putting myself between him and anyone I saw him staring down. NO ONE was provoking him, but he was definitely on edge. This was all after I was dragging him out of the bar and he stole two shots off of the shot waitress' tray when she was chatting with the bouncer and threw them down his throat/all over himself when I wasn't looking. Good thing I was already in love with him at that time (though I hadn't told him yet
41.gif
) or else I think that night would have been tough to get past.
M is just a teensy bit confrontational (lol), but get alcohol in his system and his friends around and all hell can break loose. It hasn't yet (keeping my fingers crossed), but he's had to bail people out more than once.

His biggest problem when drunk is he talks a lot of smack and is too stubborn to back down. Sometimes it's funny, but most of the time it's obnoxious. It's why I hate drunk M. It's a family tradition, though - his dad's the same way and has some interesting stories from way back when.

ETA: To clarify, I'm being honest when I say he's only a teensy bit confrontational. I realize I'm making him sound like some aggressive acehole, but he really isn't. He rarely goes off on people. He'll call them out, but it's actually way more likely that I'll get fed up with it and say something than that he will. But when he does get fed up, he doesn't care what the result is. As much as I love his friends, I'm glad we're around mellower people now.

A is like C-tek''s hubby...except he doesn''t need the alcohol to get all confrontational. Sometimes random things just set him off. It''s kind of unnerving. Even the smallest things sometimes set him off...but it''s usually general lack of courtesy on the part of the public at large.

all this talk about drinking/behavior is interesting. anyone working on having their guys drink less? E could (and will) drink 6-8 beers a night if i wasnt around. this is probably one of the biggest things next to him smoking that i have to battle.
i just think over 3 is a lot for a week night, regardless on what time he gets home.

Date: 3/5/2010 9:29:14 AM
I also never realized that a bunny could have too much color. I think in hollands you can have too little color, but not too much. I like broken colored bunnies with lots of color! They''re my favorite.

Here''s another cute bunzer. His name is Comet and he''s from a bunny forum I''m on. He look almost *exactly* like Otto. His face markings are identical. And he''s a cutie!
I love the blue color too!! I want a cat that color, or if we get bunnies at some point, I want another blue!

Yeah I think they could only have 50% color, and they had to have distinct butterfly markings and the ears had to have full color...or something. It''s been awhile!
37.gif

Comet''s a cutie patootie too!
30.gif

DH is a brawler. He''s got a super short fuse (especially in traffic) and has been known in the past to assault people at stop lights. And he knows how to fight so it''s really scary because he could do serious damage to someone.

But he doesn''t drink at all so at least I don''t have to worry about that!

Date: 3/5/2010 10:55:25 AM
Author: jcarlylew
all this talk about drinking/behavior is interesting. anyone working on having their guys drink less? E could (and will) drink 6-8 beers a night if i wasnt around. this is probably one of the biggest things next to him smoking that i have to battle.
i just think over 3 is a lot for a week night, regardless on what time he gets home.
In college I had to sit M down and say, "Honey, I love you, but I hate drunk you and drunk you is coming out way more recently. Your drinking is starting to make me nervous, and I''d really appreciate if we could both set limits for when we go out to make sure we''ve got control over this."

Yes, I''m a fuddy duddy. Yes, I''m not the fun party girlfriend. Yes, he was a little resentful. But he knows where my fear comes from and that it''s a valid concern, and he dialed it down several notches. Now he has one beer about every/every other night and rarely has more than 3 when we go out.

I'm glad DH is so laid back! I would not be ok with fighting or lots of anger.

JCar, as far as drinking goes, I don't think DH drinks too much, but I think I do! I got in the habit of a beer per night, but if I had wine, I would definitely have more than one. Or I'd have a margarita, which is more than one shot. It was more a calorie worry for me though - it was like eating a bunch of ice cream every night. I've also had a problem drinking too much at parties - we only go to one or two big ones a year, but I'm always so hung over the next day! I guess that happens to others too, but I miss college when I knew exactly how much I could drink and would stop at a good time.

DH probably drinks one to two beers per night, but that's still within the moderate amount and he is as skinny as can be (though he's agreed to cut back during the week since I'm trying not to drink between Monday and Thursday).

Date: 3/5/2010 10:57:06 AM
DH is a brawler. He''s got a super short fuse (especially in traffic) and has been known in the past to assault people at stop lights. And he knows how to fight so it''s really scary because he could do serious damage to someone.

But he doesn''t drink at all so at least I don''t have to worry about that!
Must be an "A" thing...traffic issues are the WORST for A.

Morning everyone.

Just stopping by to say hello and have a good weekend.
We''re getting stuff ready to go to the winery-- today is my b-day.

Bye. See you all next week.... hopefully with some sparkly pictures.

Yes it''s totally an "A" thing. Damn Italian machismo!

Gah, I''m terrified of men w/ short fuses. I think that''s how I ended up w/ J after my previous marriage. As long as these dudes don''t turn it on you girls I''m ok w/ it. I''d hate to have to shank all your DH''s.

JCar- Ya I think that''s too much but that''s because I''ve had to put myself in check before. I was drinking close to a bottle of wine a night when I first moved in to my apartment after my divorce. I think mostly I needed it to relax enough to fall asleep but it became a habit to go to bed w/ wine every night. I was drinking after Mini went to bed but still it became too habitual and it scared me since I''m from a family of alcoholics. Don''t get me wrong I still drink but I do try to limit my weeknight drinking. Once my tolerance is up to a bottle or more of wine I know it''s time to lay off!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP