shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Date: 3/5/2010 10:55:25 AM
Author: jcarlylew
all this talk about drinking/behavior is interesting. anyone working on having their guys drink less? E could (and will) drink 6-8 beers a night if i wasnt around. this is probably one of the biggest things next to him smoking that i have to battle.
i just think over 3 is a lot for a week night, regardless on what time he gets home.
YES. I HATE drunk C with a passion. We almost broke up last year because of it. He knows not to push me again or I''m out the door.
29.gif

He''s never been arrested though, which is surprising given the crowd he rolled with when he was working as a bartender. LOL!

Date: 3/5/2010 11:06:54 AM
Author: TooPatient
Morning everyone.

Just stopping by to say hello and have a good weekend.
We''re getting stuff ready to go to the winery-- today is my b-day.

Bye. See you all next week.... hopefully with some sparkly pictures.
OOOO! The big day! Happy 25th, TP! And ***DUST!!!***

Date: 3/5/2010 11:08:23 AM
Author: winelover23
Gah, I'm terrified of men w/ short fuses. I think that's how I ended up w/ J after my previous marriage. As long as these dudes don't turn it on you girls I'm ok w/ it. I'd hate to have to shank all your DH's.

JCar- Ya I think that's too much but that's because I've had to put myself in check before. I was drinking close to a bottle of wine a night when I first moved in to my apartment after my divorce. I think mostly I needed it to relax enough to fall asleep but it became a habit to go to bed w/ wine every night. I was drinking after Mini went to bed but still it became too habitual and it scared me since I'm from a family of alcoholics. Don't get me wrong I still drink but I do try to limit my weeknight drinking. Once my tolerance is up to a bottle or more of wine I know it's time to lay off!
He has never once raised his voice to me, and if he did, believe me, I'd put a stop to that REAL quick. The good thing is, he's not a physically violent person. He'll yell. He'll scream. He'll lay on his horn for hours. But he will not act out. He doesn't even punch at pillows or the couch or anything to get out aggression. It's all verbal, and is generally over after one outburst.

Morning everyone.

Happy Birthday TP!! Hope you get everything you want!
31.gif

Date: 3/5/2010 11:05:04 AM
Author: vc10um

Date: 3/5/2010 10:57:06 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
DH is a brawler. He''s got a super short fuse (especially in traffic) and has been known in the past to assault people at stop lights. And he knows how to fight so it''s really scary because he could do serious damage to someone.

But he doesn''t drink at all so at least I don''t have to worry about that!
Must be an ''A'' thing...traffic issues are the WORST for A.
Yeah, M freaked out on 495 one day when we were driving back to school from NYC - we hit rush hour traffic and Mr. Country Boy can''t handle DC rush hour traffic. We were in NoVa with NO sign of moving and he got so angry I pretended I had to go to the bathroom and we got off at Barnes and Noble so that I could get out of the car because I was seriously afraid he was going to snap. I refused to let us back on the road until almost 7. He was mad, but I reaaaaaaaally didn''t care.

Gah, I''m terrified of men w/ short fuses. I think that''s how I ended up w/ J after my previous marriage. As long as these dudes don''t turn it on you girls I''m ok w/ it. I''d hate to have to shank all your DH''s.

JCar- Ya I think that''s too much but that''s because I''ve had to put myself in check before. I was drinking close to a bottle of wine a night when I first moved in to my apartment after my divorce. I think mostly I needed it to relax enough to fall asleep but it became a habit to go to bed w/ wine every night. I was drinking after Mini went to bed but still it became too habitual and it scared me since I''m from a family of alcoholics. Don''t get me wrong I still drink but I do try to limit my weeknight drinking. Once my tolerance is up to a bottle or more of wine I know it''s time to lay off!

Totally understandable Wino. He''s actually very soft and gentle with me. Well, except when he''s playing with the girls and doesn''t listen when I tell him to stop.

Morning everyone.

TP - Happy Birthday! OMG, I hope this is it for you! Keep us posted!
36.gif
36.gif
emotion-19.gif

ugh. totally ate my post

TP- have an excellent time this weekend!!

elbunny - for me its a calorie thing too. E is skinnier than a stick so weight will never be a problem for him. *gr*

Wl- i know what you mean on cutting back for yourself. i have done the same - i think i was drinking close to 1/2 bottle a night. I basically had to compare E to our mutual friend who is an alcoholic (which is, in our group of friends, an insult to be compaired to) to get him to wake up about how much he is drinking.

Sunny - did hubby grow up in WA? i forget?

Date: 3/5/2010 11:15:51 AM
ugh. totally ate my post

TP- have an excellent time this weekend!!

elbunny - for me its a calorie thing too. E is skinnier than a stick so weight will never be a problem for him. *gr*

Wl- i know what you mean on cutting back for yourself. i have done the same - i think i was drinking close to 1/2 bottle a night. I basically had to compare E to our mutual friend who is an alcoholic (which is, in our group of friends, an insult to be compaired to) to get him to wake up about how much he is drinking.

Sunny - did hubby grow up in WA? i forget?
Yep. Moved here when he was 7?

Date: 3/5/2010 11:12:07 AM
Author: princesss

DH is a brawler. He''s got a super short fuse (especially in traffic) and has been known in the past to assault people at stop lights. And he knows how to fight so it''s really scary because he could do serious damage to someone.

Yeah, M freaked out on 495 one day when we were driving back to school from NYC - we hit rush hour traffic and Mr. Country Boy can''t handle DC rush hour traffic. We were in NoVa with NO sign of moving and he got so angry I pretended I had to go to the bathroom and we got off at Barnes and Noble so that I could get out of the car because I was seriously afraid he was going to snap. I refused to let us back on the road until almost 7. He was mad, but I reaaaaaaaally didn''t care.
I HATE THE BELTWAY.

**vent over**

Date: 3/5/2010 11:12:35 AM

Gah, I''m terrified of men w/ short fuses. I think that''s how I ended up w/ J after my previous marriage. As long as these dudes don''t turn it on you girls I''m ok w/ it. I''d hate to have to shank all your DH''s.

JCar- Ya I think that''s too much but that''s because I''ve had to put myself in check before. I was drinking close to a bottle of wine a night when I first moved in to my apartment after my divorce. I think mostly I needed it to relax enough to fall asleep but it became a habit to go to bed w/ wine every night. I was drinking after Mini went to bed but still it became too habitual and it scared me since I''m from a family of alcoholics. Don''t get me wrong I still drink but I do try to limit my weeknight drinking. Once my tolerance is up to a bottle or more of wine I know it''s time to lay off!

Totally understandable Wino. He''s actually very soft and gentle with me.
Same with M. We''ve raised our voices once in 5 years, and that was me yelling at him.
15.gif

Date: 3/5/2010 11:18:05 AM

Date: 3/5/2010 11:12:07 AM

I HATE THE BELTWAY.

**vent over**
Yeah, same. And he was stubborn enough that he wouldn''t even agree to just take Route 1 down. He decided he had to beat 95/495 and no other route would do. Uggggggh. Save me from stubborn men.

Date: 3/5/2010 11:17:49 AM
Author: sunnyd

cool!

i am SOOO ready for the weekend ladies. how about you?

Date: 3/5/2010 11:20:49 AM

Date: 3/5/2010 11:17:49 AM
Author: sunnyd

cool!

i am SOOO ready for the weekend ladies. how about you?
yes!

Date: 3/5/2010 11:20:06 AM

Date: 3/5/2010 11:18:05 AM

I HATE THE BELTWAY.

**vent over**
Yeah, same. And he was stubborn enough that he wouldn''t even agree to just take Route 1 down. He decided he had to beat 95/495 and no other route would do. Uggggggh. Save me from stubborn men.
Oh man. I do all the driving, b/c my Cobalt is in better shape than his 1996 Mustang (though that''s fun to cruise in), so at least I get to choose when we take an alternate route, lol. Thank you, Garmin.

Sooo much more fun when you don''t drink that often. I was nice and toasted 3/4 of the way through my flight of wine last night (that''s 2oz glasses). So yeah, I''m a cheap date.

Date: 3/5/2010 11:33:48 AM
Author: TheBigT
Sooo much more fun when you don''t drink that often. I was nice and toasted 3/4 of the way through my flight of wine last night (that''s 2oz glasses). So yeah, I''m a cheap date.
agreed! nothing like being a cheap date!

I got toasted off wine sampling at Whole Foods one night. They had not one, not two, but THREE wine distributors sampling wines. I think I had like 12 samples. In like 20 minutes. Half to full ounce pours! So probably 9 oz...close to two glasses of wine! It was crazy. But delicious.
18.gif

Date: 3/5/2010 11:49:37 AM

I got toasted off wine sampling at Whole Foods one night. They had not one, not two, but THREE wine distributors sampling wines. I think I had like 12 samples. In like 20 minutes. Half to full ounce pours! So probably 9 oz...close to two glasses of wine! It was crazy. But delicious.
18.gif
my sister (who works for WF) does that at her store too. its sooooo cheap too! i love wine tasting there!

Mmm. Whole Foods.

Mmmmm, foods.

nice avatar WL!!

Date: 3/5/2010 11:58:59 AM
nice avatar WL!!
Spanks. It''s how I roll.

nice avatar WL!!
Ditto!

And we still need pics of the SPARKLY!

Date: 3/5/2010 12:02:21 PM

nice avatar WL!!
Ditto!

Ya ya, the only one I have as of yet is the one I took w/ my phone while still sitting in the FedEx parking lot.

mmmm coffee. our friends started their own coffee brand (roasting?) and i am enjoying a cup this morning. pretty good!

Date: 3/5/2010 12:06:53 PM

Date: 3/5/2010 12:02:21 PM

nice avatar WL!!
Ditto!

Ya ya, the only one I have as of yet is the one I took w/ my phone while still sitting in the FedEx parking lot.
Here

0302001612.jpg

Date: 3/5/2010 12:09:18 PM
Here
*sigh* so pretty!!!

**drool**

Wino, I *puffy heart* your ring.

Nice piccy, wife!

I hate spilling coffee on myself...
40.gif

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP