shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Yay yay yay yay YAY YAY YAY!

I got a job interview tomorrow!! So now I can stop moping about the rejection emails (so depressing when retail stores don''t want you, considering some of the r-tards that do get jobs there) . I hope I get it, like really REALLY hope I get it. Job = BF and I getting our own place = proposal = engagment = HAPPINESS!

What to wear what to wear......

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2010 7:51:53 PM
Author: 4ever
Yay yay yay yay YAY YAY YAY!

I got a job interview tomorrow!! So now I can stop moping about the rejection emails (so depressing when retail stores don''t want you, considering some of the r-tards that do get jobs there) . I hope I get it, like really REALLY hope I get it. Job = BF and I getting our own place = proposal = engagment = HAPPINESS!

What to wear what to wear......
YAY FUTURE GIRL!!!

Best of luck and lots of interview ~~~***~~~***~~~DUST!!!~~~***~~~***~~~ to you!!!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
That's awesome Future Girl!! Good luck!

Good morning ladies! I've started an all out campaign to get a second bun to be Otto's buddy. DH is against it, but I feel like his arguments are getting sillier and sillier. I found a loppy girl who is probably a pound or two more than Otto, and he says "But I want one the same size as him. And I want one in that fawn color you showed me before."
20.gif
I think his main fear is really that Otto won't like us anymore after he's bonded, but that's silly. He spends the vast majority of his day sitting alone and sleeping alone and I think he could really use a buddy. He'll still come out in the evening and hang out with us, snuggle, etc.

Anyway, here's the Petfinder ad for the little girl I really want. The shelter I volunteer at doesn't have many single buns, and most of those are male, but this other rescue is in the same town and I think the rescue owner I work with would still bond them for me (bonding bunnies can be easy or difficult, but it's much easier if someone experienced does it in a neutral territory). So here she is: http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/15005134?recno=8 I would love to meet her and see if Otto likes her.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!! Good luck Future Girl!!
36.gif

Awwww!!!! Elro!!!! So flippin'' cute!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Keep working on him. You''ll get a second bunny!
11.gif

I heard back from the bunneh rescue yesterday. Yay! I have my volunteer orientation March 27 and then I can start helping out! I''m so excited!
36.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
That''s so awesome, elle! Do you get to clean out cages and stuff?

I really need to wear DH down about the second bun. He originally said not until we have a house, but that could easily be 3 more years and by then Otto will be middle aged. If we were just waiting one more year, fine, but I don''t think we can put it off forever and I don''t think there''s really a need to put it off forever. We might even be able to work out with the rescue to return the new bun if she and Otto can''t bond, but I think it''s possible to bond almost any bunny unless they want to fight to the death. And this little girl is so cute and sounds like a good fit for us!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 9:36:47 AM
Author: elrohwen

I really need to wear DH down about the second bun. He originally said not until we have a house, but that could easily be 3 more years and by then Otto will be middle aged. If we were just waiting one more year, fine, but I don''t think we can put it off forever and I don''t think there''s really a need to put it off forever. We might even be able to work out with the rescue to return the new bun if she and Otto can''t bond, but I think it''s possible to bond almost any bunny unless they want to fight to the death. And this little girl is so cute and sounds like a good fit for us!
She''s so cute. I don''t know how he can say no!

J is using the "not til we get a house" excuse for having kids.
20.gif
Bunnehs, I imagine, are like cats. If you have one, two is no big deal. But you cant get three because then they outnumber humans and can take over the house.

I will volunteer to clean cages/feed bunnehs, and I also want to take the "Bunneh Socializing" class so I can help socialize nervous bunnehs. Then I can always help at events, too.

I just realized I dont say bunny. Only bunneh. Whoops.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 9:40:33 AM
Author: elledizzy5

J is using the ''not til we get a house'' excuse for having kids.
20.gif
Bunnehs, I imagine, are like cats. If you have one, two is no big deal. But you cant get three because then they outnumber humans and can take over the house.

I will volunteer to clean cages/feed bunnehs, and I also want to take the ''Bunneh Socializing'' class so I can help socialize nervous bunnehs. Then I can always help at events, too.

Two bunnies is especially easy when they''re bonded. They live in one cage, eat together, come out together. It''s like having one bunny, but you need to feed twice as much and empty the litter box twice as often, that''s it. And the bonding can be rough, but the rescue owner would do it for us in her home and it would probably only take her a week or less. The only way it would be bad is if they absolutely couldn''t bond and had to live separately - we really don''t have room for two cages long term, but I don''t see that happening. I guess it took me a few months to convince DH to get our first bun, so I just need to keep workign on him. It''s hard to find loppy bunnies though, so I hope she doesn''t get adopted in that time!

And yeah, 3 is hard! Someday I''d love to have 4 (two pairs) when we have a house and maybe even bond them into a quartet if possible, but you definitely cross some sort of bunny craziness line when you have 3
3.gif

Socializing nervous buns is hard work! I''d love to foster at some point (when we have a house) and work with more nervous buns. It''s hard to do it in the shelter setting sometimes, but I think it would be great to do in our house. I''d love to make a bunny more adoptable.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 9:47:33 AM

20.gif

I will volunteer to clean cages/feed bunnehs, and I also want to take the ''Bunneh Socializing'' class so I can help socialize nervous bunnehs. Then I can always help at events, too.

Two bunnies is especially easy when they''re bonded. They live in one cage, eat together, come out together. It''s like having one bunny, but you need to feed twice as much and empty the litter box twice as often, that''s it. And the bonding can be rough, but the rescue owner would do it for us in her home and it would probably only take her a week or less. The only way it would be bad is if they absolutely couldn''t bond and had to live separately - we really don''t have room for two cages long term, but I don''t see that happening. I guess it took me a few months to convince DH to get our first bun, so I just need to keep workign on him. It''s hard to find loppy bunnies though, so I hope she doesn''t get adopted in that time!

And yeah, 3 is hard! Someday I''d love to have 4 (two pairs) when we have a house and maybe even bond them into a quartet if possible, but you definitely cross some sort of bunny craziness line when you have 3
3.gif

Socializing nervous buns is hard work! I''d love to foster at some point (when we have a house) and work with more nervous buns. It''s hard to do it in the shelter setting sometimes, but I think it would be great to do in our house. I''d love to make a bunny more adoptable.
The more animals the merrier in my household! I''d have 18 cats, 47 dogs, and 312 bunnehs if J didn''t keep control on that!
41.gif

I tell him all the time I''d be a crazy cat lady right now if he hadn''t married me.

I''m really excited to get working with the bunnies. So fun!
36.gif

Keep working! Tell him you need another bunneh because you need stuff to do while he''s playing MW2!
3.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Eeek. Please tell me not to get my hopes up, and to just relax.

M got a lead on a job that would be pretty good, and I''m trying not to get my hopes up because when I do I''m totally disappointed.

Also, good morning!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 9:59:12 AM
The more animals the merrier in my household! I''d have 18 cats, 47 dogs, and 312 bunnehs if J didn''t keep control on that!
41.gif

I tell him all the time I''d be a crazy cat lady right now if he hadn''t married me.

36.gif

Keep working! Tell him you need another bunneh because you need stuff to do while he''s playing MW2!
3.gif
Haha. Last night he wanted to play COD with a friend and asked if I minded. I said he could play if I could get a second bunny
3.gif

I so excited to hear your bunny stories! You''re going to have so much fun. Some bunnies aren''t that nice, but I think they''re similar to cats who aren''t so nice and since you''re a cat person you''ll probably handle it well.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 10:00:29 AM
Author: princesss

M got a lead on a job that would be pretty good, and I''m trying not to get my hopes up because when I do I''m totally disappointed.

Also, good morning!
Don''t get your hopes up! Relax!!

There are lots of good jobs - if its not this one, he WILL find something eventually!

(Like I how i dish out that advice but go home and cry myself to sleep about not finding a job?
3.gif
)

Good morning Princesss!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 10:01:21 AM

Date: 3/18/2010 9:59:12 AM
41.gif

36.gif

3.gif
Haha. Last night he wanted to play COD with a friend and asked if I minded. I said he could play if I could get a second bunny
3.gif

I so excited to hear your bunny stories! You''re going to have so much fun. Some bunnies aren''t that nice, but I think they''re similar to cats who aren''t so nice and since you''re a cat person you''ll probably handle it well.
Haha! Yes! Manipulate with video games!!

Yeah, I haven''t handled too many bunnehs before, but I''m pretty comfortable with animals - even aggressive ones. Although it looks like a bunneh bite would hurt more than a kitteh bite. We''ll see!

I''ll bring Bev and get some awesome bunneh pics!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 10:10:02 AM

Also, good morning!

There are lots of good jobs - if its not this one, he WILL find something eventually!

(Like I how i dish out that advice but go home and cry myself to sleep about not finding a job?
3.gif
)

Good morning Princesss!
Ditto Elle on every point
3.gif

Try not to get your hopes up - I''m guilty of that and the disappointment is rough. Just try to keep a level head and realize that there will be a job out there for him eventually.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 10:11:59 AM

Yeah, I haven''t handled too many bunnehs before, but I''m pretty comfortable with animals - even aggressive ones. Although it looks like a bunneh bite would hurt more than a kitteh bite. We''ll see!

I haven''t been bitten yet because I try to keep something between my hand and the pissed off bunnehs. I use a shop vac to clean, so I put the hose in front of the bunny so they attack that instead of me. Haha.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 10:15:06 AM

I haven''t been bitten yet because I try to keep something between my hand and the pissed off bunnehs. I use a shop vac to clean, so I put the hose in front of the bunny so they attack that instead of me. Haha.
Hahaha! Now every bunneh that gets adopted from there will have an irrational fear of shopvacs!
3.gif

I have a bird, and HIS bites hurt. Bad. Little bastard.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 10:16:23 AM

Date: 3/18/2010 10:15:06 AM

Hahaha! Now every bunneh that gets adopted from there will have an irrational fear of shopvacs!
3.gif

I have a bird, and HIS bites hurt. Bad. Little bastard.
Hahaha, better is than me!! I figure it already goes in their cage and is noisy, so they''re all sort of afraid of it. If they want to jump on it and attack it, that''s their own issue.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 10:13:07 AM

Also, good morning!

3.gif
)

Good morning Princesss!
3.gif

Try not to get your hopes up - I''m guilty of that and the disappointment is rough. Just try to keep a level head and realize that there will be a job out there for him eventually.
Thanks. It''s just hard after almost 2 years to stay calm.
7.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
What kind of bird do you have, Elle? I''ve always kind of wanted one, but they scare me a little! I''m used to mammals.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Morning, ladies!

el and el, your bunneh talk makes me want one!!! But we have no room for a cage.
7.gif

P...no stressing!

Sister comes this evening. I did not sleep well last night...I could not breathe cuz, although I love spring, stupid allergies have reared their ugly heads...
38.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 10:21:17 AM

Also, good morning!

3.gif
)

Good morning Princesss!
3.gif

7.gif
I''m sorry princesss!
39.gif
I know how much it sucks. I''m going on a year (not quite as long) but my self-esteem has nose-dived and I''m flat out depressed.

It WILL happen. Its like finding a boyfriend - always happens when you least expect it.
3.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Yay for your sister visiting! Do you think you''ll have any exciting news to share with her? *wink wink nudge nudge*

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 10:21:40 AM
What kind of bird do you have, Elle? I''ve always kind of wanted one, but they scare me a little! I''m used to mammals.
We have a cockatiel. He scared me at first too, since I''ve never had a bird. I would not even put my hand in his cage!

I adore him now. He''s one of the most entertaining pets ever. He seriously does the cutest stuff.

He doesnt bite often, and only when he''s molting/tired. Otherwise he''s super sweet. He also doesnt just randomly bite. He warns you! So if I get bit its my own fault!
3.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 10:25:59 AM

Date: 3/18/2010 10:21:17 AM

Also, good morning!

3.gif
)

Good morning Princesss!
3.gif

7.gif
I''m sorry princesss!
39.gif
I know how much it sucks. I''m going on a year (not quite as long) but my self-esteem has nose-dived and I''m flat out depressed.

It WILL happen. Its like finding a boyfriend - always happens when you least expect it.
3.gif
I started looking for a new job in February of 2008, so I definitely know how you feel!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 10:21:43 AM
Author: vc10um
Morning, ladies!

el and el, your bunneh talk makes me want one!!! But we have no room for a cage.
7.gif

P...no stressing!

Sister comes this evening. I did not sleep well last night...I could not breathe cuz, although I love spring, stupid allergies have reared their ugly heads...
38.gif
Morning VC!! Yay for sister visit!

Sorry about your lack of oxygen.
15.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 10:27:41 AM

We have a cockatiel. He scared me at first too, since I''ve never had a bird. I would not even put my hand in his cage!

I adore him now. He''s one of the most entertaining pets ever. He seriously does the cutest stuff.

He doesnt bite often, and only when he''s molting/tired. Otherwise he''s super sweet. He also doesnt just randomly bite. He warns you! So if I get bit its my own fault!
3.gif
Aww, I love cute silly pets! The gerbils I had were seriously the funniest things ever.

Good that he warns you! Bunnies are pretty good at warning, but when they strike, they do it very fast and it can startle you. This giant bunny Molly almost jumped out of her cage while trying to maul her litter box that I was taking away to clean.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 10:28:00 AM

I started looking for a new job in February of 2008, so I definitely know how you feel!
6.gif

Terrible! Obama - Fix it!
3.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

20.gif

This made me snort in my office. So true.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Also, good morning!
Breathe, wife, breathe!

M seems like a great guy. He WILL find something, but keeping ones feelings about it in check is a good idea. Fingers crossed it works out though! I know him finding a job will mean really great things for you two.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 10:29:25 AM

Date: 3/18/2010 10:27:41 AM

3.gif
Aww, I love cute silly pets! The gerbils I had were seriously the funniest things ever.

Good that he warns you! Bunnies are pretty good at warning, but when they strike, they do it very fast and it can startle you. This giant bunny Molly almost jumped out of her cage while trying to maul her litter box that I was taking away to clean.
Birds are really fun. I''m so glad we got one.

Birds are quick too... so I think my bird experience might be helpful with the bunnehs.

Speaking of giant bunnehs, I was telling J i wanted to get a Flemish Giant bunneh, and he thought 20 lb bunnies were a bad idea! uncool!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 10:29:49 AM
Author: Clairitek

20.gif

This made me snort in my office. So true.
Yup. While animals outnumber us, luckily there are serious interspecies issues keeping them from banding together to take control.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results