carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 11:41:14 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Speaking of sororities. Do you remember that lifetime movie with Jenny Von Oy? She ended up dying by falling off a roof or something, but the sorority she was rushing made her get in her underwear and then they circled the parts of her that were too fat?

Ohh.... Lifetime Movies!!
36.gif

ETA: Found it! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dying_to_Belong
I hope that''s not a prereq for our sorority!
32.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 11:38:07 AM
Author: princesss

Date: 3/18/2010 11:34:24 AM
Author: vc10um
I am not friends with Princesss
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Princesss...find me!!! It''s pretty easy...just look at your wife''s friends for someone with the initials VC.
16.gif

Pwweeeeeezzzeeee **lower lip tremble**
Awww, VC, no worries! We be friends by tonight. Pinky swears.
YAY!
36.gif

Oh good. I don''t own any American Apparel leggings...but I *DO* own pink. I shall wear some next Wednesday.

Tummy is rumbling. Guess that means it''s time for leftover Mac and Cheese from lunch yesterday.
18.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does that mean we need Pink Pic Wednesdays?
20.gif
41.gif

We all have to wear pink and take cheesy myspace style dirty bathroom mirror shots and post them on ST.
3.gif

Extra points for kissy faces and peace signs!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 11:31:31 AM
Author: elrohwen

Date: 3/18/2010 11:22:01 AM
Author: sunnyd
Having spent a lot of time in that environment of showing rabbits, I know that most breeders will not send to ''snake people'' (as we called them) unless it''s a last resort. Most pet stores don''t take a lot of bunnies though, which sucks. You totally have to count on people buying as pets. It''s no different than showing dogs, really.
I don''t think I could sell bunnies to a pet store. So many people grab a baby bunny as an impulse buy and they later get dumped. I couldn''t breed because I''d be so picky about every home my buns went to
3.gif
I guess it''s possible to do this with dogs if you only have one litter a year or something, but for the number of bunnies breeders raise, I imagine it would be very difficult to be that picky about new homes.
Yeah we did it a couple of times, only when we couldn''t find people ourselves.

For good show quality, the breeders make bank! We sold a few for $50 or so, but they can get up in the hundreds! Plus stud fees, based on the general attire and lifestyles of the breeders I know, I think that''s how they make a living! LOL!!
9.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Speaking of sororities. Do you remember that lifetime movie with Jenny Von Oy? She ended up dying by falling off a roof or something, but the sorority she was rushing made her get in her underwear and then they circled the parts of her that were too fat?

36.gif

Was that based on a book? I read a book about sororities where they did the circling the fat, etc. A young looking writer basically wormed her way into a sorority and then wrote about all of their secrets. Very interesting!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 11:48:19 AM

36.gif

Was that based on a book? I read a book about sororities where they did the circling the fat, etc. A young looking writer basically wormed her way into a sorority and then wrote about all of their secrets. Very interesting!
Interesting! If it is, I''m totally reading it!

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
HELP WINO TIME!

So in lieu of corsages for the Mom''s (3 of them) I wanted to get them each a bracelet instead. Something that lasts more than a day. Well I have a big credit at hautelook.com and they have some really cute bracelets right now. Opinions please. The bangles come in silver as well.

love bracelet.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Elle, that''s a crazy cast for a Lifetime movie! Hilary Swank, Sarah Chalke, Jenna Von Oy, and Mark-Paul Gosselar?

Peruvian food for lunch! Mmmmm....

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Frick I can''t load the other one.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
good morning (almost noon) my beauties!

what did I miss?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 11:44:56 AM

36.gif

32.gif
Same! I did the 30 Day Shred yesterday and when I was jumping my thighs were clapping for me! Pretty sure I''d flunk out of our sorority if that was a prereq!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they''re cute, Wino! I''m a white metal girl myself, but other than that, I likey!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 11:48:12 AM

Date: 3/18/2010 11:31:31 AM

Date: 3/18/2010 11:22:01 AM
Having spent a lot of time in that environment of showing rabbits, I know that most breeders will not send to ''snake people'' (as we called them) unless it''s a last resort. Most pet stores don''t take a lot of bunnies though, which sucks. You totally have to count on people buying as pets. It''s no different than showing dogs, really.
I don''t think I could sell bunnies to a pet store. So many people grab a baby bunny as an impulse buy and they later get dumped. I couldn''t breed because I''d be so picky about every home my buns went to
3.gif
I guess it''s possible to do this with dogs if you only have one litter a year or something, but for the number of bunnies breeders raise, I imagine it would be very difficult to be that picky about new homes.

For good show quality, the breeders make bank! We sold a few for $50 or so, but they can get up in the hundreds! Plus stud fees, based on the general attire and lifestyles of the breeders I know, I think that''s how they make a living! LOL!!
9.gif
Haha, I didn''t think it was possible to make your money back, but maybe it is! Otto was $55. I think he was marginally show quality, but since he''s over 4lbs now he obviously wouldn''t have been on the show table for very long. I know high quality Hollands can get well into the $100s.

But things are expensive in general here - all of the shelters charge $75 for buns. Spaying and neutering is so expensive! I absolutely want a spayed bun from a shelter for my next one because there''s no way I''m paying $450 for a spay.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 11:52:39 AM

36.gif

32.gif
Same! I did the 30 Day Shred yesterday and when I was jumping my thighs were clapping for me! Pretty sure I''d flunk out of our sorority if that was a prereq!
It is not a prereq for us. You just have to have an outstanding face. Which we all do.

I''m not prepared to circle my fat. I wonder how many markers it would take.
41.gif

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2010 11:49:46 AM
Author: winelover23
HELP WINO TIME!

So in lieu of corsages for the Mom''s (3 of them) I wanted to get them each a bracelet instead. Something that lasts more than a day. Well I have a big credit at hautelook.com and they have some really cute bracelets right now. Opinions please. The bangles come in silver as well.
Great idea. I like the narrow bracelet on the right (in gold). Very simple and elegant. It would be something they could easily wear for casual or formal and not be overwhelming.

Another option might be a brooch. That way they''d have it in plain sight for pictures and stuff and could be worn where the others are wearing corsages.

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 11:52:44 AM
I think they''re cute, Wino! I''m a white metal girl myself, but other than that, I likey!
Do you have hautelook? Go look and tell me if you like the silver better then. DO IT! I can''t make decisions on my own, you know this.

Bia

Ideal_Rock

36.gif

love me some Lifetime cinema.

That is FI's kryptonite. He'd voluntarily jump off the roof if I made him watch Lifetime Movies for Women.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 11:52:39 AM

36.gif

32.gif
OMG, Princesss, I nearly spit my lunch out all over my monitor when I read this!!!

I can totally do the trashy bathroom pics!!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 11:54:29 AM

Date: 3/18/2010 11:52:44 AM
Do you have hautelook? Go look and tell me if you like the silver better then. DO IT! I can''t make decisions on my own, you know this.
I do, but for some reason its blocked at work??? Its has no security certificate or something? No idea.
33.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 11:49:46 AM
HELP WINO TIME!

Winozzz, I like! but I also really like yellow gold.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 11:46:50 AM
Does that mean we need Pink Pic Wednesdays?
20.gif
41.gif

We all have to wear pink and take cheesy myspace style dirty bathroom mirror shots and post them on ST.
3.gif

Extra points for kissy faces and peace signs!
Lovvvvves it!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 11:55:05 AM
Author: Bia

36.gif

That is FI''s kryptonite. He''d voluntarily jump out of a window if I made him watch Lifetime Movies for Women.
Bahaha! Same!

princesss

Ideal_Rock

36.gif

That is FI''s kryptonite. He''d voluntarily jump out of a window if I made him watch Lifetime Movies for Women.
I''m ashamed of how many hours I''ve wasted watching LMN.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 11:58:36 AM

36.gif

I''m not.

But I am ashamed I''ve never watched them in my wedding dress while eating chocolates out of boxes.

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Um, I''m wearing pink today. Can I do my trashy pics in advance?

Bia - I''m liking yellow gold lately. It''s so weird because I used to hate it. I think it''s my wedding colors that have me liking it more.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 12:01:27 PM
Um, I''m wearing pink today. Can I do my trashy pics in advance?

Bia - I''m liking yellow gold lately. It''s so weird because I used to hate it. I think it''s my wedding colors that have me liking it more.
Yes, yes, yes, Wino!

And I''m also loving yellow gold lately. Good thing, cuz I think that''s what my E-ring is gonna be, lol...since it''s A''s favorite.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 11:58:36 AM

36.gif

Not a waste...it''s a right of passage.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the metal bracelet - either white or yellow. I love it! I think it''s something they could totally wear again, but will also look awesome at the wedding. And I''m not really a fan of mom corsages (though my florist talked me into them) and I love the idea of doing jewelry instead.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 11:52:49 AM

Date: 3/18/2010 11:48:12 AM

9.gif
Haha, I didn''t think it was possible to make your money back, but maybe it is! Otto was $55. I think he was marginally show quality, but since he''s over 4lbs now he obviously wouldn''t have been on the show table for very long. I know high quality Hollands can get well into the $100s.

But things are expensive in general here - all of the shelters charge $75 for buns. Spaying and neutering is so expensive! I absolutely want a spayed bun from a shelter for my next one because there''s no way I''m paying $450 for a spay.
Definitely!! Of course, they also have like a hundred rabbits to feed and shelter so who knows. You have to know what you''re doing.
3.gif
But no fixing, no shots even, so the money made goes back into food, traveling to shows, etc. I couldn''t do it, it''s very impersonal.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 12:04:30 PM
I vote for the metal bracelet - either white or yellow. I love it! I think it''s something they could totally wear again, but will also look awesome at the wedding. And I''m not really a fan of mom corsages (though my florist talked me into them) and I love the idea of doing jewelry instead.
Me either. I''m glad Wino posted something about jewelry. Cuz I would MUCH rather get something like that for my mom and A''s mom...though I might get corsages for his grandmothers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results