shape
carat
color
clarity

To buy or not to buy (Art Deco brooch)

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Another photo in my jewelry box with her new friends. I'm going to need a bigger jewelry box soon!

1721695533179.png

Your new antique brooch is GORGEOUS.

And…. Your collection is really wonderful - each piece is both unique and so well designed, with breath taking colors! Great eye! Can you tell us about your collette (sp) set pendant plus hoop earrings next to your floral paraiba earrings - top row? Thanks for sharing your beautiful collection.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your collection!

Here’s my peacock pin on a smaller black bag from travelon (It’s a good everyday size for me and excellent for travelling cause I can hide it under my coat or just put it in my bookbag so it doesn’t count as an item lol.

IMG_5126.jpeg

newtojewels

Brilliant_Rock
Your new antique brooch is GORGEOUS.

And…. Your collection is really wonderful - each piece is both unique and so well designed, with breath taking colors! Great eye! Can you tell us about your collette (sp) set pendant plus hoop earrings next to your floral paraiba earrings - top row? Thanks for sharing your beautiful collection.

Thank you! Several of them are secondhand PSer pieces, including the ones you're asking about. The stones are 1.28ctw G VS2/H VS1 GIA-certified transitional diamonds from OWD with settings made by DK on small hoops from Etsy. They're my everyday earrings, I took them off just to have a photo near the brooch! I need to keep them cleaner because they throw off the prettiest pastels.

Here's a photo of one on me:
1721745070235.png

newtojewels

Brilliant_Rock
I love your collection!

Here’s my peacock pin on a smaller black bag from travelon (It’s a good everyday size for me and excellent for travelling cause I can hide it under my coat or just put it in my bookbag so it doesn’t count as an item lol.

IMG_5126.jpeg

Love that! What an incredible pin. And that's genius for the third item, I always have an awkward situation of forgetting to wear something with pockets and then not having a good place to keep my wallet and phone when traveling.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course it is wolf! I cannot stomach the price of those pieces. But $10 sounds about right lol

newtojewels

Brilliant_Rock
Of course it is wolf! I cannot stomach the price of those pieces. But $10 sounds about right lol

I got mine secondhand and am really glad I didn't pay the price for it new. Probably the original owner also got annoyed at the things I did!

Hopefully the $10 box does the trick! I'm on the lookout for a very small zippered box or something else similarly secure that I can toss into a bag to bring jewelry to wear to work. I'm a bicycle commuter and have fears of damaging something with either a crash or just gripping the handlebars too tightly if I wear it on my ride.

NeciaKH

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on your brooch, it’s so beautiful! I have purchased a couple of antique brooches thinking I would convert them into bracelets, but in the end I cannot stand to alter them, so I’m glad you decided to wear it on a ribbon for now.

I love the suggestions here to wear a brooch as a clasp on the end of a strand of pearls, because I have some pearls handed down to me from my my mom, which aren’t really my style but very sentimental. I also have these brooches sitting in my jewlery box. They look so pretty together and also lengthen the pearls!
IMG_8384.jpeg IMG_8385.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8383.jpeg
    IMG_8383.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 12

newtojewels

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your brooch, it’s so beautiful! I have purchased a couple of antique brooches thinking I would convert them into bracelets, but in the end I cannot stand to alter them, so I’m glad you decided to wear it on a ribbon for now.

I love the suggestions here to wear a brooch as a clasp on the end of a strand of pearls, because I have some pearls handed down to me from my my mom, which aren’t really my style but very sentimental. I also have these brooches sitting in my jewlery box. They look so pretty together and also lengthen the pearls!
IMG_8384.jpeg IMG_8385.jpeg

Sooooo pretty, thanks for sharing!

newtojewels

Brilliant_Rock

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock

newtojewels

Brilliant_Rock
@newtojewels I love them! I have a pair that's OMC 1.68 cwt and I want something bigger already lol.

I think the original owner also wanted to size up! I have very small earlobes so I haven't felt the desire yet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results