shape
carat
color
clarity

Travel eye-candy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Oh Skippy,
My week was nothing compared to yours -- just some work and health issues. Plus my future FIL is having heart-valve replacement surgery tomorrow.

Date: 5/23/2007 9:20:34 PM
Author: Harriet
Oh Skippy,
My week was nothing compared to yours -- just some work and health issues. Plus my future FIL is having heart-valve replacement surgery tomorrow.

Oh no; prayers for your FIL tomorrow. That is scary. You have health issues? I am praying for you too; oh goodness, I hope it is nothing serious.
15.gif
Are you okay?

Thanks! My FIL has a high pain threshold, so that will help. It''ll be difficult on my MIL though -- it''s just the 2 of them alone in Switzerland. They don''t want any visitors till he''s back home, which I don''t understand. I had a relapse of what I had a while back, but am ok now.
35.gif

I hope you are getting some exercise in Harriet. I don't mean to sound like a mother since we are the same age and I have no kiddos but it helps with stress! Hugs to you and your family and lots of prayers too!

I should, but I've been getting massages instead.
31.gif

Harriet,

Thanks for missing me, I missed you as well. I actually brought my camera only to discover my batteries were dead on the road to hana; I didn''t want to stop and get some, but I thought of you and decided it was a "must do." Good thoughts to you and yours...I''m not sure what more of before is all about but please take good care of yourself.

~K

Date: 5/23/2007 7:46:51 PM
Thanks Kimberly! Tell us more, please.

Pearcrazy, any more pics?
1.gif
But of course!! I had to get my Idol fix first. Relaxing at sunset after a long day of relaxing!

curacaobeach.JPG

Date: 5/23/2007 10:23:22 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Harriet,

Thanks for missing me, I missed you as well. I actually brought my camera only to discover my batteries were dead on the road to hana; I didn''t want to stop and get some, but I thought of you and decided it was a ''must do.'' Good thoughts to you and yours...I''m not sure what more of before is all about but please take good care of yourself.

~K
36.gif
9.gif
35.gif

I''ll try.

A trip to the other side of the island for good scuba.

coastlinepic.JPG

closer up of the colorful downtown buildings in Willemstad.

prettytown.JPG

Here''s the sweet donkey that loved to hang around hoping for a treat.

friendlydonkey.JPG

And back to Kauai. Here''s one from our 2005 trip to Kauai. It''s sunset at Ke''e beach- the westernmost beach in the U.S. We had to take a 5 mile drive through the middle of a sugarcane field to get there and climb some sand dunes but the breathtaking photos we got were so worth it. Then a quick hustle back to the car before all the light faded and we had to trek back to the car in darkness!

keebeach.JPG

Wow!

Bumping for more.
9.gif
No pictures from Kimberly?
8.gif

I didn''t take many pictures in Maui, so I''ve shared all of those that were worth seeing. So sorry to disappoint you, Harriet! Do you have more to share?

Date: 5/31/2007 7:50:01 PM
I didn''t take many pictures in Maui, so I''ve shared all of those that were worth seeing. So sorry to disappoint you, Harriet! Do you have more to share?
Thanks for sharing! Actually, I''m not even sure we took the camera with us!

Date: 5/31/2007 7:59:48 PM

Date: 5/31/2007 7:50:01 PM
Thanks for sharing! Actually, I''m not even sure we took the camera with us!
Do you have any exciting trips upcoming, Harriet? We''re toying with the idea of going to Chicago in June, because we always do. But there''s a lot going on so it might not happen. We shall see. If we do I''ll definitely post pictures.

Date: 6/1/2007 9:29:37 AM
Do you have any exciting trips upcoming, Harriet? We''re toying with the idea of going to Chicago in June, because we always do. But there''s a lot going on so it might not happen. We shall see. If we do I''ll definitely post pictures.
Please do! I hope you get to go.
1.gif

I do have a number of exciting trips upcoming -- I''m going on a Mediterranean cruise in August. I''ll also be visiting my parents in Singapore, and will be sneaking out for some alone time at an Indonesian beach resort. For Christmas, we''re planning to join my ILs in Switzerland.

Date: 6/1/2007 9:41:24 AM

Date: 6/1/2007 9:29:37 AM
Please do! I hope you get to go.
1.gif

I do have a number of exciting trips upcoming -- I''m going on a Mediterranean cruise in August. I''ll also be visiting my parents in Singapore, and will be sneaking out for some alone time at an Indonesian beach resort. For Christmas, we''re planning to join my ILs in Switzerland.
A random travel update. DH is sorta nixing the idea of traveling to Chicago because the trip had a business purpose as well but he''s not ready to do what he was going to, yet. He asked when I''d have a break from work to go on a trip for his b-day, but has not mentioned a destination. So it''s likely we''ll be going somewhere towards the end of June, but who knows where! He''ll get back to me I''m sure (ha ha ha).

You''re travel plans sound wonderful! I''ve never been out of the U.S. (except to Cabo San Lucas and Tijuana which don''t really count in my mind). There is so much to see and do here that I''m not ready to travel abroad yet. But all your trips are making me want to wander elsewhere. Especially the Indonesian beach resort, alone. That sounds like such a luxurious vacation! And Switzerland and Signapore, you lucky girl! You''d better bring your camera this time.

Date: 6/2/2007 10:40:45 PM
A random travel update. DH is sorta nixing the idea of traveling to Chicago because the trip had a business purpose as well but he''s not ready to do what he was going to, yet. He asked when I''d have a break from work to go on a trip for his b-day, but has not mentioned a destination. So it''s likely we''ll be going somewhere towards the end of June, but who knows where! He''ll get back to me I''m sure (ha ha ha).

You''re travel plans sound wonderful! I''ve never been out of the U.S. (except to Cabo San Lucas and Tijuana which don''t really count in my mind). There is so much to see and do here that I''m not ready to travel abroad yet. But all your trips are making me want to wander elsewhere. Especially the Indonesian beach resort, alone. That sounds like such a luxurious vacation! And Switzerland and Signapore, you lucky girl! You''d better bring your camera this time.
Kimberly,

I''m keeping my fingers crossed that your DH chooses someplace nice.

I''ve hardly seen anything of the US myself. I should do more of that.

Is there a way to send you all digital postcards?

Date: 6/3/2007 4:02:18 PM

Date: 6/2/2007 10:40:45 PM

Kimberly,

I''m keeping my fingers crossed that your DH chooses someplace nice.

I''ve hardly seen anything of the US myself. I should do more of that.

Is there a way to send you all digital postcards?
Digital postcards would be so nice, but I don''t think it would be possible.

The US is an interesting place...so culturally diverse from state to state, and sometimes city to city, it makes every trip an adventure.

He''s waffling on his birthday trip so we shall see.

Date: 6/3/2007 10:41:46 PM

The US is an interesting place...so culturally diverse from state to state, and sometimes city to city, it makes every trip an adventure.

Where would you like to go next?

Date: 6/4/2007 5:45:59 PM

Date: 6/3/2007 10:41:46 PM

Where would you like to go next?
I''m really interested in going to Boston, but I think traveling is going to be put on the back burner as we''re going to put our house on the market this summer and there won''t be much extra cash for vacations. Bummer. We''ll see if we go anywhere for his b-day. What''s your dream vacation?

Date: 6/4/2007 6:52:30 PM
I''m really interested in going to Boston, but I think traveling is going to be put on the back burner as we''re going to put our house on the market this summer and there won''t be much extra cash for vacations. Bummer. We''ll see if we go anywhere for his b-day. What''s your dream vacation?
Where do you live? I''ve always assumed you were a Chicagoite based on your avatar.
My dream vacation? That''s a tough one. An extended stay in Sydney with my own pool?

Date: 6/4/2007 7:06:45 PM

Date: 6/4/2007 6:52:30 PM
Where do you live? I''ve always assumed you were a Chicagoite based on your avatar.
My dream vacation? That''s a tough one. An extended stay in Sydney with my own pool?
I''m a Californian. I live in a suburb of San Diego; we''re looking to move into the city of San Diego, closer to downtown. Chicago is one of our favorite vacation spots, we got engaged there and visit quite frequently (3-4 times a year). That sounds like a lovely vacation. Even better if the pool overlooks the ocean.

Date: 6/4/2007 7:44:23 PM
I''m a Californian. I live in a suburb of San Diego; we''re looking to move into the city of San Diego, closer to downtown. Chicago is one of our favorite vacation spots, we got engaged there and visit quite frequently (3-4 times a year). That sounds like a lovely vacation. Even better if the pool overlooks the ocean.
I''d love to visit SoCal. I''ve only ever been to San Francisco. What do you do when you go to Chicago?
Sydney is my favourite city -- wonderful combination of the urban and beaches. There''s a long stretch of beach ending with a national park. I''d love to rent a house there (yes with a pool overlooking the ocean), chill out, and get my city fix when I want. Oh, the seafood.

Date: 6/4/2007 11:01:54 PM

Date: 6/4/2007 7:44:23 PM
I''d love to visit SoCal. I''ve only ever been to San Francisco. What do you do when you go to Chicago?
Sydney is my favourite city -- wonderful combination of the urban and beaches. There''s a long stretch of beach ending with a national park. I''d love to rent a house there (yes with a pool overlooking the ocean), chill out, and get my city fix when I want. Oh, the seafood.
We love to go to plays, we see A Christmas Carol at The Goodman every year (my fave theatre) and have also seen Wicked and a few other shows while there; there''s lots of good food, wonderful museums and The Licoln Park Zoo is another favorite (we almost always end up at the zoo when we travel, it''s sorta funny). My husband loves architecture, he could spend hours just wandering around looking at buildings, in fact we''ve done just that on many occasions. Oh, and baseball, how could I forget? Going to a Cubbies game is his version of heaven.

Sydney sounds wonderful. Do you have pictures to share?

Date: 6/5/2007 12:02:33 PM
We love to go to plays, we see A Christmas Carol at The Goodman every year (my fave theatre) and have also seen Wicked and a few other shows while there; there''s lots of good food, wonderful museums and The Licoln Park Zoo is another favorite (we almost always end up at the zoo when we travel, it''s sorta funny). My husband loves architecture, he could spend hours just wandering around looking at buildings, in fact we''ve done just that on many occasions. Oh, and baseball, how could I forget? Going to a Cubbies game is his version of heaven.

Come to NY.
35.gif
You can do all that too!

There are some Sydney pics earlier on this thread. That, I''m afraid, is all I have.

Date: 6/5/2007 6:36:32 PM

Date: 6/5/2007 12:02:33 PM

Come to NY.
35.gif
You can do all that too!

There are some Sydney pics earlier on this thread. That, I''m afraid, is all I have.
We''ve been to NY twice in the last two years and will most definitely be back. The first time around I was a bit overwhelmed, the second time I fell in love with the city. We''ll have to do a meet''n''great next time we''re out your way!

Most definitely. Btw, are you, um, an Abba fan?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP