shape
carat
color
clarity

Travel eye-candy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Bessie

Irishcow.jpg

Ashford Castle.

We leave for Maui tomorrow morning, I''ll be sure to take some good shots for your mental vaction taking pleasure!

AshfordCastle.jpg

Thanks, Kimberly!
36.gif
Have you decided on the Hana drive?

Date: 5/14/2007 12:03:01 PM
Author: Harriet
Thanks, Kimberly!
36.gif
Have you decided on the Hana drive?
We haven''t decided on anything, actually! This is going to be a totally laid back trip, no real plans, no set destinations, we''re just going to relax. We''re renting a convertible mustang, so we''ll definitely be cruising around a bit. I''ll keep Hana in mind (but I get car sick!). Anything else that should be on our "to do" list while we''re there?

We're so lazy on vacation that that was the only big thing we did! Other than than, we went to the aqaurium (ok, not great) and just lazed around the hotel. Where are you staying?

I have a funny story about my drive to Hana. We originally had the top down, but put it back up because it was so hot. Right after that, a boulder came crashing down on my side! Then, on the way back, the car over-heated and the ac died. We could have put the top back down, but I was too afraid of my skull.

Have a good trip and avoid Nick's Fishmarket.

I''m so glad you weren''t hurt! My sister''s rental car completely died on them the last time they were in Hawaii....not so fun!

We''re staying at the Sheraton on Ka''anapali Beach. We know we''re going to eat at Mama''s Fish House and David Paul''s Lahaina Grill...we''re such food geeks the only thing we bothered looking at were restaurants. I''ll make sure to avoid Nick''s. DH bought a Maui rag that has the local''s best of food poll results, always a great source for good food when traveling.

I''ll be back in a week and a day with pics!

Date: 5/14/2007 1:14:36 PM
Author: KimberlyH
I''m so glad you weren''t hurt! My sister''s rental car completely died on them the last time they were in Hawaii....not so fun!

We''re staying at the Sheraton on Ka''anapali Beach. We know we''re going to eat at Mama''s Fish House and David Paul''s Lahaina Grill...we''re such food geeks the only thing we bothered looking at were restaurants. I''ll make sure to avoid Nick''s. DH bought a Maui rag that has the local''s best of food poll results, always a great source for good food when traveling.

I''ll be back in a week and a day with pics!

Have a wonderful and safe time Kimberly; I am very excited for you
3.gif

Have a safe trip Kimberly! Let me know what you think of mama''s...we are going in October to Maui and are always interested in food recommendations!

Thanks, guys! I''ll be sure to let you know what I think, TG. Fodor''s online gives it a not so great review...so we''ll see.

You can go snorkelling in the sunken crater. If I could swim, I would have done it. I could see it from my hotel room!

Date: 5/14/2007 5:46:41 PM
You can go snorkelling in the sunken crater. If I could swim, I would have done it. I could see it from my hotel room!
I''m considering snorkeling although DH wouldn''t join me, I''d have to go it alone. Still a possiblity though!

As promised, Maui shots....

View from room of pool and Ka''anapali Beach.

Roomwithaviewka.jpg

The crater (I''ve forgotten the name!)

Crater.jpg

The beach in front of Mama''s Fish House at sunset.

MamasFH.jpg

Iao needle.

IaoNeedle.jpg

And finally the tidepools at Napili Beach.

TidepoolMaui.jpg

Here''s one I dug up from our trip to Curacao last summer. It''s the beautiful capitol city of Willemstad.

beautifulwillemstad.JPG

9.gif
Yeah Kimberly, beautiful! Looks like you had a fab time
3.gif

Thanks Kimberly! Tell us more, please.

Pearcrazy, any more pics?
1.gif

Harriet,
I am only days away from going to Kauai again; can I come back and post more pics?!?!?! Are you Kauai overloaded? heehehe
3.gif

Please do. I''ve never been there!
8.gif

Okay, We should do our PS meeting in Kauai. heehehe
2.gif

ETA: I can't wait for your trip. . . it will be here before ya know it
36.gif

I can''t wait either. I have so much to get through before then.

Date: 5/23/2007 8:06:44 PM
I can''t wait either. I have so much to get through before then.

Just buy stuff on your trip. heehehee
31.gif
31.gif

I''d love something from the Cartier in Paris.
31.gif

Thanks, Skippy! Can''t wait for your Kauai shots and stories!

Harriet, how are you doing? The stress level?

Our trip was truly amazing, thak you for asking. We spent 1/2 our time just laying around the beach and pool and the other 1/2 exploring. We drove the infamous Road to Hana; I am not a patient person, I do not sit in the car well and I actually enjoyed myself! John reminded me before we left that it was all about the journey...that attitude made all the difference. We spent a significant amount of time just hanging around Lahaina Town, such a great place! We went tidepool wandering one day and stopped at a bar at a hotel that''s name has escaped me and I had my one fantastically fruity drink (a Kahlua Colada w/ ice cream...YUM!). We''re food geeks so we had a blast exploring restaurants. We ate at BJ''s Pizzeria (the best pizza I''ve ever had!), The Hula Grill (yummy for the tummy!), Lahaina Fish Co. (really good!), Mama''s Fish House (a fantastic experience), David Paul''s (good but overrated) and Gerard''s (WOW, I had the most amazing meal there!). It was just so peaceful and wonderful and I''m ready to go back! Oahu is J''s favorite island as his family went every year from Christmas through New Years Eve from the time he was 8 until he was 17, he has lots of good memories there, but he even said he''s ready to return to Maui soon!

Kimberly, sounds like you had such an awesome time!!! I love the pics.

Yes Harriet, you need to do some shopping in Italy and France. heeheeh
3.gif
2.gif
Will DF lift the ban out there? I hope so.

Date: 5/23/2007 8:39:58 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Thanks, Skippy! Can''t wait for your Kauai shots and stories!

Harriet, how are you doing? The stress level?

Our trip was truly amazing, thak you for asking. We spent 1/2 our time just laying around the beach and pool and the other 1/2 exploring. We drove the infamous Road to Hana; I am not a patient person, I do not sit in the car well and I actually enjoyed myself! John reminded me before we left that it was all about the journey...that attitude made all the difference. We spent a significant amount of time just hanging around Lahaina Town, such a great place! We went tidepool wandering one day and stopped at a bar at a hotel that''s name has escaped me and I had my one fantastically fruity drink (a Kahlua Colada w/ ice cream...YUM!). We''re food geeks so we had a blast exploring restaurants. We ate at BJ''s Pizzeria (the best pizza I''ve ever had!), The Hula Grill (yummy for the tummy!), Lahaina Fish Co. (really good!), Mama''s Fish House (a fantastic experience), David Paul''s (good but overrated) and Gerard''s (WOW, I had the most amazing meal there!). It was just so peaceful and wonderful and I''m ready to go back! Oahu is J''s favorite island as his family went every year from Christmas through New Years Eve from the time he was 8 until he was 17, he has lots of good memories there, but he even said he''s ready to return to Maui soon!
Glad you had a great time. Thanks for asking after me. The stress level went through the roof last week, and I missed both you and Skippy.
9.gif
9.gif

Date: 5/23/2007 8:42:04 PM
Author: Skippy123
Kimberly, sounds like you had such an awesome time!!! I love the pics.

Yes Harriet, you need to do some shopping in Italy and France. heeheeh
3.gif
2.gif
Will DF lift the ban out there? I hope so.
I hope so too. I can think of the perfect souvenir.
2.gif

Oh no Harriet, what is going on? You don''t have to share if you don''t want. Is your workload just insane? I am sorry; I completely understand how that goes and how a person wishes for more hours in the day. I hope you don''t wake up in the middle of the night thinking of work; that use to happen to me but also I would solve problems in my sleep. Ha!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP