shape
carat
color
clarity

Travel eye-candy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
And one of my favorite vacation activities...CAMPING!!!

Camping.jpg

Because it affords me the opportunity to just sit and stare up at the sky, something I don''t do enough of at home.

CampingII.jpg

Date: 4/28/2007 12:55:28 PM
Author: Skippy123
KimberlyH, I wanna see. I was thinking of posting a Las Vegas pic when I went there for the first time when I turned 21 but was pooped out after scanning the other pics.

I have never been to Chicago (only for a lay over). I heard it is beautiful so I surely would LOVE to see some pics.
35.gif
Skippy, I can''t find any great shots of Chicago...which is amazing since we go there at least 3 times a year and I know I''ve taken tons of pictures. I''ll keep looking but I''ve added some other shots for now!

OH Kimberly, DH and I love camping. We have a 5th wheel. We hook it up and take off. Now mind you, I am not a tent camper. I must have my own shower and toilet, ha ha ha and YES air-conditioning. I know I am spoiled. We joined Thousand Trails. It is a camping membership, so we go all over the place. Sometimes we take our grandboys too. The LOVE it. A lot of times we go with our friends, who have this gigantic motor home. Geez, it is huge.

Have any of you been to New York???? DH and I loved it there.

Linda

Date: 4/28/2007 1:24:52 PM
Author: Linda W
OH Kimberly, DH and I love camping. We have a 5th wheel. We hook it up and take off. Now mind you, I am not a tent camper. I must have my own shower and toilet, ha ha ha and YES air-conditioning. I know I am spoiled. We joined Thousand Trails. It is a camping membership, so we go all over the place. Sometimes we take our grandboys too. The LOVE it. A lot of times we go with our friends, who have this gigantic motor home. Geez, it is huge.

Have any of you been to New York???? DH and I loved it there.

Linda
I LOVE camping. About 5 years ago my sister and I bought a book of campgrounds in the state of CA, where we live, and started visiting as many as we could. We went camping once or twice a month, just packed up the car and took off for the weekend. My DH defines camping as staying a city without a 4 star hotel. I haven''t been in quite some time, I do miss it. Perhaps I''ll get a trip in with my sister and her family sometime this summer.

I have been to NYC twice and think it''s fabulous. The first time was a bit overwhelming, the second time was a lot more fun as I didn''t feel so fish-out-of-water. If memory serves Harriet lives in NYC.

Kimberly, DH and I live in California too. NY was overwhelming at first for us too. Very fast paced. It seemed everyone ran to get somewhere. NO Offense to PSer''s who live there.
9.gif
And taxi cabs were always honking ha ha ha ha. We want to go back, maybe next year. My hubby loved the restaurants, especially the Italian ones. Seems there Italian food is better there, then here in Calif. At least that is what he says. LOL.

Linda

Kimberley,

Do you live in Northern Calif, or So. Calif?

Linda

Date: 4/28/2007 1:40:38 PM
Kimberley,

Do you live in Northern Calif, or So. Calif?

Linda
I''m way down in San Diego. I grew up in L.A. County, my parents live their now, and went to college in Sacramento. My sister lives in the bay area. So between all my family, we''ve got much of the state covered! And you?

Kimberly,

DH and I are halfway between S.F. and Sacramento. I was born in S.F. and DH was born in San Mateo. I went to So. San Francisco High School and DH went to San Mateo High School. One of his sisters lives in Foster City. I love the Bay Area and love going to S.F.

Linda

Skippy, I love your Hawaii pis!!!! I would LOVE to go to Kauai!! we almost went there on our honeymoon, but instead did Oahu and Maui, oh well, always next time
28.gif
28.gif
28.gif

I''d like to get to Europe. I have never been, Greece looks amazing!!!!!

Kimberly, Linda,

Do let me know if you''re planning a trip to NY.
9.gif

Sure will Harriet. Would love to meet you.
35.gif

Linda

This is the Old Town Square in Prague.

3-Drums-with-Old-SquareSMALL.jpg

Wow, PO, I would love to go to Prague! Gorgeous! That cathedral looks amazing; what is it called?

Since we have other breeds on here and I''m Scottish, I feel it is necessary that I fling in some Highland Coos!

highland_cows_SM.jpg

Hey SkippyGirl, that particular church is known as the Church of Our Lady Before Tyn.

Prague is really stunning, untouched by the WWs and a must-see. I''ll have a look and see what other photo''s I have, particularly the church of bones.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Love the Highland Coos. Love that scenery too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda

Date: 4/28/2007 5:04:22 PM
Author: Po10472
Since we have other breeds on here and I''m Scottish, I feel it is necessary that I fling in some Highland Coos!
Po,
I saw those cows in Scotland and they tickled me to no end.

Date: 4/28/2007 3:27:28 PM
Author: Harriet
Kimberly, Linda,

Do let me know if you''re planning a trip to NY.
9.gif
Harriet,

We''ve gone two years in a row, so it wouldn''t be suprising if we go again in ''08. We travel about 6 times a year. Last time we were in NYC we had the pleasure of dining at Barbetta....oh my gosh, talk about fantastic food! I was a bit bothered by the stuffy waiters, but the meall was spectacular. We also had the chance to see a production of Heartbreak Hill, which was amazing, although I was quite disappointed to find that people don''t dress up to go to the theatre anymore.
6.gif
8.gif
I''ll be sure to let you know if we plan a trip in ''08.

~K

Date: 4/28/2007 2:50:53 PM
Kimberly,

DH and I are halfway between S.F. and Sacramento. I was born in S.F. and DH was born in San Mateo. I went to So. San Francisco High School and DH went to San Mateo High School. One of his sisters lives in Foster City. I love the Bay Area and love going to S.F.

Linda
Gotcha! Sacramento is an interesting place, there are some beautiful residential neighborhoods, but it''s not a place I would choose to make home. I too love the bay area, it''s such a great place to explore.

Date: 4/28/2007 8:11:40 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Harriet,

We''ve gone two years in a row, so it wouldn''t be suprising if we go again in ''08. We travel about 6 times a year. Last time we were in NYC we had the pleasure of dining at Barbetta....oh my gosh, talk about fantastic food! I was a bit bothered by the stuffy waiters, but the meall was spectacular. We also had the chance to see a production of Heartbreak Hill, which was amazing, although I was quite disappointed to find that people don''t dress up to go to the theatre anymore.
6.gif
8.gif

~K
6 times a year? Lucky you! I''ve never been to Barbetta. I have been to the theatre though, and was surprised at how sloppy people were. Soo you in ''08!
2.gif

Date: 4/28/2007 10:22:22 PM
Author: Harriet

Date: 4/28/2007 8:11:40 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Harriet,

6.gif
8.gif

~K
6 times a year? Lucky you! I''ve never been to Barbetta. I have been to the theatre though, and was surprised at how sloppy people were. Soo you in ''08!
2.gif
I am lucky. DH and I have been together for about three years and in that time we''ve done quite a bit of traveling including: many trips to Chicago (he proposed at Harry Caray''s), two trips to Oahu (and one to Maui in a few weeks! that was my Christmas present), NYC twice, St. Louis, Phoenix and Scottsdale, plus a few road trips to Palm Desert. There are so many great things to see in the U.S. I''d love to travel Europe, but I am so drawn to places in the U.S. Specifically, I''d like to spend some time in Boston, Washington D.C. and touring the south, before going out of the country. My parents just returned from Ireland and had an amazing time! I''m so jealous. We''ll get there sooner rather than later.

Seeing you in ''08 is not at all far fetched!

My DH and I have booked our flights to NYC for a 5 day trip end Nov/beginning Dec and I''m so excited. Have never been to NY before and have a ''to do'' list the length of my arm. Only problem we have is that we''ve not yet booked a hotel and from my initial searches it appears to be expensive.

I''m looking for suggestions on which sites I could book accommodation, the best area to stay, etc...........? All advice welcome.

Date: 4/29/2007 2:01:02 AM
My DH and I have booked our flights to NYC for a 5 day trip end Nov/beginning Dec and I''m so excited. Have never been to NY before and have a ''to do'' list the length of my arm. Only problem we have is that we''ve not yet booked a hotel and from my initial searches it appears to be expensive.

I''m looking for suggestions on which sites I could book accommodation, the best area to stay, etc...........? All advice welcome.

The whole city is expensive, food, hotels, etc. it''s just the way it goes. Here are some past threads on the subject that might help you out.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-york-city-good-eats.51442/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/newbie-in-new-york-where-to-stay.51059/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-all-new-yorkers.19342/

Date: 4/29/2007 2:01:02 AM
My DH and I have booked our flights to NYC for a 5 day trip end Nov/beginning Dec and I'm so excited. Have never been to NY before and have a 'to do' list the length of my arm. Only problem we have is that we've not yet booked a hotel and from my initial searches it appears to be expensive.

I'm looking for suggestions on which sites I could book accommodation, the best area to stay, etc...........? All advice welcome.
Can you tell me what you plan to do and what your budget is (I realise the latter may be private)? I'll be better equipped to make suggestions then.

36.gif
I might be able to spend a night in Paris at the end of my cruise. Please cross your fingers for me!

Stunning!

Thanks SDL! Those are gorgeous!!!!!
36.gif

Date: 4/29/2007 8:47:38 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Well.. its not exactly a ''vacation''.. just a break away from home really.. but stunning nonetheless.. We went to the Carlsbad Flower Fields. 1500 acres of vivid color.
emrose.gif

I love it there!!!! Did you get some strawberries while you were there??? Or hit the shopping center???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP