shape
carat
color
clarity

Travel eye-candy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Lucky beautiful.
30.gif
Did you take a boat to see the blue grotto? We did that. I liked the *chair lift* on Capri; that was the highlight for me
9.gif

01de7d4b.jpg

Date: 4/28/2007 2:10:27 AM
Author: Skippy123
Lucky beautiful.
30.gif
Did you take a boat to see the blue grotto? We did that. I liked the *chair lift* on Capri; that was the highlight for me
9.gif

I did go in the blue grotto and it was amazing! Love the little boats and ducking down before shimmying through the little hole. Totally worth the wait. I''m gonna post a pic of the blue grotto although I know it is way better in person.

I didn''t dare to go on the chair lift! I panicked and started crying while I was waiting in line. (I''m terrified of heights.) So I basically just sat it out while everyone else went. I wish I would have dared to go on it, but I got reports back that I def would have been terrified and it was probably better I didn''t. I had some Gelato and wished I could have afforded to go shopping in some of the high-end shops.

But I have to say, I bet the chair lift wasn''t anywhere near as terrifying as taking the trolley up to Anacapri! That was one scary ride...my heart raced the whole time.

Date: 4/28/2007 2:16:02 AM
Author: luckystar112

Date: 4/28/2007 2:10:27 AM
Author: Skippy123
Lucky beautiful.
30.gif
9.gif

I did go in the blue grotto and it was amazing! Love the little boats and ducking down before shimmying through the little hole. Totally worth the wait. I'm gonna post a pic of the blue grotto although I know it is way better in person.

I didn't dare to go on the chair lift! I panicked and started crying while I was waiting in line. (I'm terrified of heights.) So I basically just sat it out while everyone else went. I wish I would have dared to go on it, but I got reports back that I def would have been terrified and it was probably better I didn't. I had some Gelato and wished I could have afforded to go shopping in some of the high-end shops.

But I have to say, I bet the chair lift wasn't anywhere near as terrifying as taking the trolley up to Anacapri! That was one scary ride...my heart raced the whole time.
I thought the little boats in and having to duck down to get into the grotto scared me more than the chair lift; how funy. heehee

I so hear you on that one!!!! The narrow rodes and the crazy driving; I thought we were going to die. Those Italians and their driving scare me!!! People in Rome I thought were the worst and I so agree with TG that the ride from Napali to Sorrento is scary too
32.gif
Very cool pics lucky Star!!!!

Here are the little boats we are talking about. You practically have to lay on top of eachother. This isn't me, btw...this is the rest of my boyfriend's family. We were on another boat, but this pic is better. I hope they don't find this on here and get mad at me for putting their pic on the net. lol.

little boat.jpg

Here is inside the blue grotto. Way better in person...

BlueG.jpg

Here is the view from the chair lift...which I''m sure would have probably killed me!!

view from chair.jpg

Here is the tiny chair that lifts you that high!

scarychair.jpg

Here is me spying on an old man that was spying on tourists in Florence. He's so cute...I love his socks!

Okay I guess that is it for now. I know people hate seeing other people's vacatoin photos. hahaha.

spying.jpg

Fabulous new pictures Skippy! You've done some pretty nice traveling yourself gal. I love yours too Lucky and no we don't hate seeing other people's vacation photos!!! And Harriet I am glad we got a sneak peak at your lovely face!

Luckystar,

Love your photos. The blue grotto is beautiful. I am with you. I could not have rode in that tiny chair. I am also afraid of heights. I can''t even get on a ferris wheel with my grandboys, now that is bad.
7.gif
At least my husband can do that with them.
9.gif

Harriet: You are adorable. You and your honey are darling together.

Linda

Date: 4/28/2007 2:40:51 AM
Author: luckystar112
Here is the tiny chair that lifts you that high!
Ok, I'm not doing that one.

Sundial and Linda,
You guys are too kind.
1.gif

Sorry, I had admin remove that pic -- we're too private. I'll replace it.

Sydney''s Boxing Day Regatta

Sunset on the Big Island

Harriet, you removed your picture
15.gif
You are so pretty. You and your sweet make a perfect couple!

LuckyStar, I love your pictures. Tell us what you did and saw when you were there! I was so scared in the Blue Grotto plus I kept feeling like I was going to fall out of the little boat and I am clostrophobic so the cave thing scared me. heehee. I think it is funny we were opposites on the whole thing (chair lift blue grotto). That is so cute you went w/your bf''s whole family
9.gif

Thank you Sundial. Linda do you have any pics we can see?

Bintan, Indonesia

Now Harriet why did you do that??????? You and your sweetie are adorable. !!!!!!!!!!!
8.gif

Linda

Skippy: They are packed away in photo albums. I will have to dig them out.

Darling Harbour, Sydney

Linda, Skippy,
Sorry -- too private.
8.gif

Date: 4/28/2007 12:33:54 PM
Author: Linda W

Skippy: They are packed away in photo albums. I will have to dig them out.
Don''t dig them out; I know how hard that is and then to scan them too. heeheee Thanks though
9.gif

Date: 4/28/2007 12:40:06 PM
Author: Harriet
Linda, Skippy,
Sorry -- too private.
8.gif

I am glad we got to see you for a little while!!! It was cute
2.gif

Im wanna play! But I''ve never been further than Mexico, so my pictures might not be as exciting as all of yours, nor as beautiful! I''ll start with a few of Chicago in the winter. A light fountain near The Drake in the snow.

Light Fountain.jpg

Some lucky person''s beautiful home.

Somebodyshome.jpg

And now some shots of Oahu. It''s the only Hawaiian island I''ve been to. We''re going to Maui in May, should be fun!

The view from our room.

Roomwithaview.jpg

KimberlyH, I wanna see. I was thinking of posting a Las Vegas pic when I went there for the first time when I turned 21 but was pooped out after scanning the other pics.

I have never been to Chicago (only for a lay over). I heard it is beautiful so I surely would LOVE to see some pics.
35.gif

Punchbowl (what an amazing place).

Punchbowl.jpg

Punchbowl from the memorial looking down.

PunchbowlII.jpg

The view from Diamondhead.

Viewfromdiamondhead.jpg

A waterfall in the rainforest.

Rainforestwaterfall.jpg

A broad shot of the rain forest and someone''s roof!

OahuRainForest.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP