shape
carat
color
clarity

Travel eye-candy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Date: 4/28/2007 5:04:22 PM
Author: Po10472
Since we have other breeds on here and I''m Scottish, I feel it is necessary that I fling in some Highland Coos!
Oh my god, I just LOVE this pic!

Harriet, nice pics of Sydney! I did see your pic before you pulled it and must say you and your man are adorable.

Kimberly, I LOVE camping too! I just came back in fact...spent the weekend at McGrath State beach up in Oxnard. Do you have any fav campsites you can recommend? I want to really start exploring all the beach camping sites. We have a res in Sept for one night up at Carpinteria and I am going to book some for next year. Maybe Leo Carrillo. Your pics are great!

SDL...thanks for sharing those GORGEOUS flower pics. They totally just made my mind go "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..." Lovely mental break!

Po,
Those cows are amazing! I was in shock; they almost don''t look real. The picture looked like a painting; the wow factor on that picture. You should enter it in a contest; I am sure it would win a prize!

On my way to work everyday I pass a lovely whisky distillery which has 4 highlands cows grazing in the field and there is the cutest wee baby highland cow which is absolutely gorgeous, I would really love to take a photograph of it, but not sure if I am able to park nearby, I''ll will try and keep you posted.

I didn''t take this picture so I can''t take credit for it but thought it was really cute.

Big n Wee Coo (Small).jpg

I did take this on my way up to the Isle of Skye for Hogmaney (New Year) 4 years ago. This is Eileen Donan Castle in the Highlands.

Eileen Donan (Small).jpg

TG,
Thanks!

Po,
More pictures especially of baby cows, please?

great pictures ladies! i am really enjoying them.

Date: 4/30/2007 2:57:42 PM
I didn't take this picture so I can't take credit for it but thought it was really cute.

I love the baby and momma!!! I hope Monarch and Storm see this! So cute; I LOVE IT!
36.gif

How about Iceland?

Icelandic Glacier.jpg

Afternoon light...

Icelandic light.jpg

Evening Light...

Iceland Evening light small.jpg

Wow!

Cool pics IG!

Very cool pics. I am jealous. I am stuck studying for exams, WISH I could be traveling, or doing something fun.

Here are my feets in Iceland. They are chilling out after a long morning of trekking. Ah! Nothing is better than exploring new places. Particularly on foot.

kickin back Iceland.jpg

Date: 4/30/2007 12:53:21 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Since we have other breeds on here and I''m Scottish, I feel it is necessary that I fling in some Highland Coos!

Harriet, nice pics of Sydney! I did see your pic before you pulled it and must say you and your man are adorable.

Kimberly, I LOVE camping too! I just came back in fact...spent the weekend at McGrath State beach up in Oxnard. Do you have any fav campsites you can recommend? I want to really start exploring all the beach camping sites. We have a res in Sept for one night up at Carpinteria and I am going to book some for next year. Maybe Leo Carrillo. Your pics are great!

SDL...thanks for sharing those GORGEOUS flower pics. They totally just made my mind go ''ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...'' Lovely mental break!
TG: Some campgrounds that come to mind are:

Calaveras Big Trees
Doheny
Mackerricher
Manresa

I''m going to email my sister and get names of camp sites for you, she has our book. My extended family has been camping every year for 40+ summers at Carp. It''s truly a parking lot, but the memories are just so fabulous (baseball at the HS field, Walking into town for ice cream, girls day in SB, etc.) that I love it there. As soon as I hear back from her I''ll share names of locations with you. I dug through reserveamerica.com to come up with these as I it''s been a while and I''m not so good with remember names of places.

SDL: What day were you at the flower fields? We went on Sunday.

Date: 4/30/2007 10:34:09 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Calaveras Big Trees
Doheny
Mackerricher
Manresa

I''m going to email my sister and get names of camp sites for you, she has our book. My extended family has been camping every year for 40+ summers at Carp. It''s truly a parking lot, but the memories are just so fabulous (baseball at the HS field, Walking into town for ice cream, girls day in SB, etc.) that I love it there. As soon as I hear back from her I''ll share names of locations with you. I dug through reserveamerica.com to come up with these as I it''s been a while and I''m not so good with remember names of places.
Thanks Kimberly...I have heard of Doheny, but not the others. Probably because I have only been researching beach camping. I have an account with reserveamerica so maybe I will go and browse a bit more!

Date: 4/30/2007 10:15:11 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Here are my feets in Iceland. They are chilling out after a long morning of trekking. Ah! Nothing is better than exploring new places. Particularly on foot.
IG, I love your pics! Especially the boot one. That is my ideal way to spend a vacation...walk around, then taking a break (and eating a snack) in front of awesome scenery.

Date: 4/30/2007 11:28:15 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 4/30/2007 12:53:21 PM

SDL...thanks for sharing those GORGEOUS flower pics. They totally just made my mind go ''ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...'' Lovely mental break!

Calaveras Big Trees
Doheny
Mackerricher
Manresa

SDL: What day were you at the flower fields? We went on Sunday.
Thanks TG~ It was just beautiful and that''s EXACTLY what I needed to do when we went! :)

Kimberly~ We were there Sunday too!! It wasn''t so crowded at all.. just perfect. Did you take the tractor round? My dh''s feet give out so quickly he refused to walk the 50ish acres.. I would have in a heartbeat to get all the beauty in.. but.. I do what I can do..
20.gif

I so envy all these other places everyone else has been... I see them only in my mind''s eye.. for now, but hopefully not forever.
We didn''t ride the tractor, we huffed it. It was great exercise, but I feel your hubbies pain...I threw on flip flops when we left the house, I didn''t even think about shoes! Stupid me!

Date: 5/1/2007 2:08:10 PM

Calaveras Big Trees
Doheny
Mackerricher
Manresa

Thanks Kimberly...I have heard of Doheny, but not the others. Probably because I have only been researching beach camping. I have an account with reserveamerica so maybe I will go and browse a bit more!

TG,

My sister sent me the following message:

So, XXXX and I went on the coolest trip it was to
Castle Crags

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=454
then to Burney Falls
http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=455
or
http://www.burney-falls.com/
we went to Medicine Lake Lava Beds
http://www.shastahome.org/wilderness.htm

We did this trip in one week but could have easily
stayed two weeks. There are a ton of little towns,
trails, roads and off road trails.

XXXX wants to do this trip again next year. I would
go in late september or early june because it gets HOT
and Medicine Lake is full of mosquitos in the summer.

She''s going to add more locations, when she does, I''ll post them.

Saw this on CNN and melted and seeing as you enjoyed the wee baby coo so much, I knew you would enjoy this.

Welcome to Ming Jung.........

baby_elephant.jpg

Thanks everyone for posting those amazing pictures!! What a treat. I lost myself completely browsing through this thread. It''s actually as much fun as drooling over diamonds....keep''m coming!!
emteeth.gif

Kimberly, thanks! I have saved that to my camping notes.

Aw, cute baby!!!

one more because I love lighthouses
2.gif

hawaii.2006 244.jpg

Carlsbad, my sister took this pic

df33re2.jpg

Date: 5/6/2007 3:36:35 PM
Author: Skippy123
I plan to go next year after seeing these gorgeous pics!!!

a273re2.jpg

Date: 5/6/2007 3:36:55 PM

Date: 5/6/2007 3:36:35 PM
I plan to go next year after seeing these gorgeous pics!!!
Skippy, it really is quite beautiful.

Bumping for mental health.

My parents just returned from a trip to Ireland...here''s some more shots for you, Harriet.

Muckross

Muckross.jpg

Kinsale from Charles Fort

Kinsalefromcharlesfort.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP