shape
carat
color
clarity

Urgent Help Needed - Diamond Selection for Engagement Ring

When viewed face down, the way they are colored graded, you will be able to see color difference more readily. When viewed face up, the ACA diamonds especially don’t always show the difference as well. One diamond or another may appeal to you more than another, but their specs are pretty tight in terms of performance. Will be interesting to hear your thoughts!

Yes I have seen an assortment of GIA graded diamonds in person (~15). From the diamonds I saw, I was comfortable with an I color or above albeit, those diamonds weren't necessarily ACA. The 1.4 ct is enticing though. I too hope the video will provide some insight but I am aware that it won't be fully representative of in person visual appearance. In terms of the inclusions of the diamonds, do you have any concerns? I know all of them are VS so I shouldn't be able to see them but at this point I am not sure if color and carat are the only 2 items I should be juggling. Thanks again!!

Gotta ask the vendor if they are eye clean and specify what that means to you. I don’t personally worry about VS level inclusions as I can barely see inclusions in my SI2 abs I1 diamonds lol (antique stones).

I am now deciding between these 3:

I welcome any thoughts. The size of the 1.4 is drawing me to one of the G's. The 1.4 g - 171 seems to have a better ASET than the 1.4 G - 902. However, I am concerned about the inclusion in the center of the GIA cert -171 1.4 G vs the GIA cert -902 1.4 G. The F seems to have more "visible" inclusions that make the diamond seem dirty/dusty in my opinion but I am not sure if I would even notice this on a daily basis.

I am now deciding between these 3:

I welcome any thoughts. The size of the 1.4 is drawing me to one of the G's. The 1.4 g - 171 seems to have a better ASET than the 1.4 G - 902. However, I am concerned about the inclusion in the center of the GIA cert -171 1.4 G vs the GIA cert -902 1.4 G. The F seems to have more "visible" inclusions that make the diamond seem dirty/dusty in my opinion but I am not sure if I would even notice this on a daily basis.

Did you ask Whiteflash? Probably in person you would struggle to pick which one is which out of a line up.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP