shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Favors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
we''re doing sand dollar tree ornaments that will double as place cards. We''re going to add a tag to the string that has the person''s name and table number on one side and our names and date on the other. Then we''re going to stand them up in a tray of sand to look like they''re on the beach.

We are also doing welcome bags in lieu of favors as 90% of our guests are coming from out of town. So far I have....blue canvas tote bags, the book The Last Train to Paradise which I love and really gives the history of the area, bottles of water, individual sunscreen packets, Burt''s Bees Head to Toe starter kits, and I still have to find something sweet...preferably "key lime" flavored for the Keys! I''m doing 30 bags.

Date: 2/28/2008 11:24:42 AM
Author: ZoeBartlett
I like your idea! We''re not doing favors but we are doing gift bags for out of town guests. In these bags will be:

info. about the area -- brochures, maps, etc. from the local Chambers of Commerce

a small jar of blueberry jam -- Maine''s most popular fruit

salt water taffy

bottles of water

maybe a couple of apples

for those with little kids -- a copy of the book, Blueberries For Sal

maybe homemade chocolate chip cookies
I remember the book Blueberries for Sal. It seems like I remember that one of the kids dies in this book. Am I right?

I will be giving out these small oil warmer lamps, along with a small bottle of fragrant oil and tealight

favor0090.jpg

DBMsGirl -- those are SO pretty!!!

We are doing a chinese take-out box filled with jordan almonds. I am italian and he is chinese, so it''s kind of a combination of our cultures.

And despite the fact that they might be kind of kitchy, I really like jordan almonds...Especially if we can get good quality ones.

Date: 2/29/2008 5:03:01 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
DBMsGirl -- those are SO pretty!!!
thanks! and the price is amazing! here''s the website www.shuruaat.com

Wow, DMB''s girl! You''re right! Great prices! Thanks for sharing!

We're doing a candy bar (candy in the glass containers with the scoops and whatnot) with bags next to it. Hmm other than that I am still trying to decide, I was thinking one other thing might be nice.
1.gif

ETA: As for candy I was thinking some jordan almonds (of course), maybe something else, and some of the personalized M&Ms would be nice.

Date: 2/29/2008 12:45:01 AM
Author: Harleigh

My dilemma is that with over 300+ guests, this could get way out of hand cost-wise...so, does anyone here have any reasonably priced (read here: CHEAP!) tropical ideas that could be attached to the wedding CD''s for a fairly decent reception favor?

Thanks in advance for any help you are able to give!

check out oriental trading company''s website. some of their stuff is really cheesy, but some of it could have potential. they have flip flop shaped playing cards on there, for example, that were $7.95 per dozen.

my family has a loooong history of cancer, and my fi and i both have diabetes everywhere, so we''re giving charity donations, but haven''t decided yet how we''re going to let everyone know we did that. any ideas?

Date: 4/12/2008 11:18:17 PM
Author: doodle
Date: 2/29/2008 12:45:01 AM

Author: Harleigh

My dilemma is that with over 300+ guests, this could get way out of hand cost-wise...so, does anyone here have any reasonably priced (read here: CHEAP!) tropical ideas that could be attached to the wedding CD''s for a fairly decent reception favor?

Thanks in advance for any help you are able to give!

check out oriental trading company''s website. some of their stuff is really cheesy, but some of it could have potential. they have flip flop shaped playing cards on there, for example, that were $7.95 per dozen.

my family has a loooong history of cancer, and my fi and i both have diabetes everywhere, so we''re giving charity donations, but haven''t decided yet how we''re going to let everyone know we did that. any ideas?

I say print out little cards and have them placed along the tables that X was donated in their name to X. Or, place it in the invitation. Or in the program.

I was thinking about getting Aero bars and wrapping them in personalized wrappers. We''re both Canadians living in the US, and that is our favorite candy bar!! We miss it.
39.gif

for our wedding favors, we''re going a totally un-traditional way...

we made booklets!! or, we are going to be this weekend. we''ve had a very interesting past where we were actually apart for a year and a half. we actually only dated for 7 months total, before getting engaged. =) God''s really been awesome in our relationship and we decided to write our stories up in a book, share some pictures, a timeline and bios on our wedding party. it''s just a regular half-folded book with a cardstock cover and nice thick paper inside. we have a total of 5 sheets, making 10 pages in the book. stapling with 2 staples and tying it with ribbon around the binding of it.

oh, he''s an english major and a great writer, and i work in graphic design. so that''s another thing we wanted to do, is incorporate our talents and make something memorable!! =) i''ll try to remember to post a picture after we finish them this weekend.

We are doing customized shot glasses from discountmugs.com...they are cute and since we are college aged...it''s appropriate. They have great items on that site and they offer many colors, designs, and options

Date: 2/29/2008 11:58:02 AM
Author: Keys-Girl
We are also doing welcome bags in lieu of favors as 90% of our guests are coming from out of town. So far I have....blue canvas tote bags, the book The Last Train to Paradise which I love and really gives the history of the area, bottles of water, individual sunscreen packets, Burt''s Bees Head to Toe starter kits, and I still have to find something sweet...preferably ''key lime'' flavored for the Keys! I''m doing 30 bags.
I love love love Stewart''s Key Lime... it is soooo good and refreshing... and a pretty color :) I was thinking about these for my reception.

We are having two cookies back to back in little baggies

Each bag will contain one chocolate and one sugar cooking both in the shape of a meeple. tied onto the bag will be a short meesage explaining what a meeple is and why we love them so muh (this will kind of go along with our bride and groom meeple cake toppers)

My parents have a house in France and there''s a little vineyard down the road from it and he''s going to do up small bottles of rose wine for my favors.

Date: 4/13/2008 2:05:22 PM
Author: sunnyd
I was thinking about getting Aero bars and wrapping them in personalized wrappers. We''re both Canadians living in the US, and that is our favorite candy bar!! We miss it.
39.gif
I love aero bars! They stopped making them in the US but I don''t know why. I find them once in a while in the grocery store -- in the aisle where they have foods from different countries.

I prefer eaten favors, because the favours we got from the weddings we went to ended up gathering dust for a while then in the trash. We doing small wine bottles and little coloured tulle candy pouches.

We are doing very uncreative favors---Godiva chocolates.

I''m doing CD''s of some of the songs that will be played at the wedding. I was thinking these will be placed at the tables.
Then I was thinking of doing those 5-packs of Peeps to use as placecards. The wedding is the week after easter, and I figured I''d hit up all the drugstores Easter Monday and get them all on sale. And gift wrapping them. What do you think? Cheesy idea?

Date: 4/20/2008 1:10:27 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Just wanted to update: I am thinking about using these if we do a sit-down dinner. So cute!

And on a side note I love these:

Great for winter wedding!

Cute

Wedding Cake Candles!
The silver teapot placecard holders are exactly what I''m using for my wedding favors, among other things. All of my centerpieces will be placed in antique silver teapots and other flower arrangements will be in the cream and sugars that match the teapots so I thought that would match perfectly. I just ordered a few recently to see how they look in person.
1.gif

Doodle - we gave donations also in lieu of favors. Many charities will give you a card (I know St. Jude Hospital will) for each guest, but we preferred that our entire donation be put to a good cause, so we made bookmarks - I bought cardstock bookmarks for I think $3 for 100 at a craft store, and then our RSVP cards had to be re-printed, so I used the "mess-up" ones (which were on a light teal paper), printed a message on them using my home printer (Thank you for sharing in our joy. In appreciation of the love you have given us, a gift has been made in your name to The Humane Society of the United States. Elmorton and Mr. Elmorton, 6.16.07). I used scrapbook tape to tape the teal paper to the bookmark, punched a small hole at the top, and threaded through a teal ribbon, and put one at each setting. I think they cost a whole $20 to make when all was said and done.

A friend of mine also gave to charity and simply put a picture frame at each table that explained that in lieu of favors, a charitable contribution had been made, and it described what the charity does, which I thought was a very nice way to do it too.

Date: 4/20/2008 3:34:53 PM
Author: violet02

Just wanted to update: I am thinking about using these if we do a sit-down dinner. So cute!

Cute

Wedding Cake Candles!

The silver teapot placecard holders are exactly what I''m using for my wedding favors, among other things. All of my centerpieces will be placed in antique silver teapots and other flower arrangements will be in the cream and sugars that match the teapots so I thought that would match perfectly. I just ordered a few recently to see how they look in person.
1.gif

Ohh! Can you post them when they come?
1.gif
Where did you get the antique teapots? I love that idea!

Date: 4/20/2008 6:47:06 PM

1.gif
I got the table layout and design idea from the Martha Stewart Weddings magazine. I''ve been ebay''ing cream, sugar, compotes and teapots since last December. It''s been quite a task. That and I got some from antique malls, they have quite a few in Richmond that have some! They''re antique silver plated pots. I don''t have enough compotes/pedestal candy dishes yet but i''m sure about there with the rest of them. The next HUGE task is to polish all of it. That''s going to be a real pain. Just about every single piece needs a really good polishing. I''ve got two shelf racks in my living room with all of this stuff crowded on them. I don''t think I realized what I was getting myself into but it sure will be unique looking! It''s going to go wtih our marie antoinette theme.

Anwyays yes, I''ll post photos when I get them!

We''re printing on Moleskine Cahiers using a Gocco machine as our wedding favors. We haven''t come up with a final design yet, but it''s going to look sharp. We''re buying the black cahiers and printing on them in white. I''m pretty excited!

Date: 4/20/2008 9:22:39 PM

1.gif

I got the table layout and design idea from the Martha Stewart Weddings magazine. I''ve been ebay''ing cream, sugar, compotes and teapots since last December. It''s been quite a task. That and I got some from antique malls, they have quite a few in Richmond that have some! They''re antique silver plated pots. I don''t have enough compotes/pedestal candy dishes yet but i''m sure about there with the rest of them. The next HUGE task is to polish all of it. That''s going to be a real pain. Just about every single piece needs a really good polishing. I''ve got two shelf racks in my living room with all of this stuff crowded on them. I don''t think I realized what I was getting myself into but it sure will be unique looking! It''s going to go wtih our marie antoinette theme.

Anwyays yes, I''ll post photos when I get them!

Wowow! That''s a major DIY! Sounds like it is going to be amazing though.
30.gif

Date: 4/20/2008 3:34:53 PM

Cute

Wedding Cake Candles!

1.gif

1.gif
Hey Sarah,

I took forever to take photos of these but I finally did and I''m posting them as promised! Forgive the crappy lighting and photos... I want to say that I wasn''t sure how they were going to look and was a bit suprised by the ''1/2'' teapot (back half being the placecard holder) but they still are very cute. I ordered 4 as a sample so I''m going to go ahead and order more for all of our placecards, they''re nice.

For anyone else reading this here''s a link to where they''re sold: http://www.myweddingfavors.com/teapot-placecard-holder.html

The only thing I''m still confused about is how to convey to people that they are okay to take home with them. Do you just put a little card on the table saying please take, these are a gift or what? My wedding planner thinks we should place them at each seat not all on a table together. So it will be assigned seating but I''m sure people will move around if they want. I just don''t see how they''ll think they''re ok to take home.

tea_collage.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP