shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Arrrgghh this ring offends me. Debating whether I should donate it to little sis to use as a work ring. But I like the style. The color offends me so much though. I bought this before I was more familiar with gems so thought pink zircon was going to actually be pink. They should universally call it pinkish brown zircon!!!!!

Not pink

PXL_20230706_025111617.jpg

Pink

PXL_20230706_025559678.jpg

Meanwhile if unheated I LOVE the color! I do understand your disappointment based on what you were expecting though.

Hand carved platinum, untreated Sri Lankan sapphire.

20230706_165625.jpg
1689071785120.png

Gorgeous gorgeous sapphire and bracelet!

Everything on your hand and arm is stunning!
I really want a platinum ring but each time the vendor/bench advises me against it:( I may need to insist one day...

Why does your bench advise against platinum? very curious :).

A little bit of sun today! It’s a sapphire day. 4F36080A-D6F7-4959-BF72-64E355AA87D0.jpeg

Attachments

• 9B618211-723D-4501-B6C5-591CE947591E.jpeg
    9B618211-723D-4501-B6C5-591CE947591E.jpeg
    289.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 04FB0101-6BB2-4B17-AFC0-7207AC3B7C4F.jpeg
    04FB0101-6BB2-4B17-AFC0-7207AC3B7C4F.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 28
  • AF84C12B-39D8-4E5E-ABDE-97B80B4B490A.jpeg
    AF84C12B-39D8-4E5E-ABDE-97B80B4B490A.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 27
I really want a platinum ring but each time the vendor/bench advises me against it:( I may need to insist one day...
Sounds like the vendor/bench is really biased! The only downside of platinum is the weight and hence that's why it may cost more.

It’s much harder to work with. The bench may not feel comfortable with it for that reason. A lot of benches don’t have the people with platinum skills.

Gorgeous gorgeous sapphire and bracelet!

Why does your bench advise against platinum? very curious :).
It’s much harder to work with. The bench may not feel comfortable with it for that reason. A lot of benches don’t have the people with platinum skills.

I'm not sure either, they hee and haw about how 18k white gold is plenty long lasting, and say things about weight, but I already said I don't mind my rings heavy. I did not insist too much before because I had my own worry that platinum prongs might not be as secure, but I saw on PS many beautiful platinum rings and am envious:)

It's been explained to me by the jeweller who made our mixed platinum/gold wedding bands that platinum is more suitable for hand forged pieces. When molten it's thicker and doesn't flow as well as gold does. Not that it's impossible to cast pieces with platinum, it's very much doable. But especially for cast jewellery with intricate and tiny details they would prefer to work with gold.

I don't really have a way of knowing if all this is entirely accurate, but if it is, it could explain why some benches might stick to recommending gold.

Goodness!! Beautiful!!
Stats??

Thank you! It’s a 4+ ct Madagascar unheated. I found it at Maloy Estate Jewelers. They had brought it in for a client/engagement ring, but he didn’t buy it. I am a definite fan of Madagascar sapphires after knowing this one. So silky and cobalt.

Wore my cabochon's last night.
IMG_0646.jpeg

First of all, that necklace is stunning! Have you posted it anywhere else where we can have a closer look?

Secondly, I need to know where you got that phone case! It's fabulous!

Office sneak shots under the desk today and yesterday. Not sure why the lighting looked so different, probably one was more properly under
511CFDDD-B336-42BC-AD9A-0278420E5ABB.jpegD085CF85-03E7-4B7E-AC69-FE0F69B3A836.jpeg

I
Nice seeing new emeralds, the green party continues.

Indoor lighting, awesome!

9684.jpg

Dusk, still awesome!

0195.jpg

Is that a kitkat wallet? I love it! Where can I get one?

Office sneak shots under the desk today and yesterday. Not sure why the lighting looked so different, probably one was more properly under
511CFDDD-B336-42BC-AD9A-0278420E5ABB.jpegD085CF85-03E7-4B7E-AC69-FE0F69B3A836.jpeg

Cab is neat ring.

IMG_0646.jpeg

Hey hey hey, forget about the cabs (but I do like the "neck mess"). I want to see those rings and I don't mean the bands, haha!

You look fab.

First of all, that necklace is stunning! Have you posted it anywhere else where we can have a closer look?

Secondly, I need to know where you got that phone case! It's fabulous!

Thank you. I don't think I have. It's from RFMAS - Faraone Mennella. I love their pieces.

The phone case is Angela Crabtree, a US artist who paints gemstones.

IMG_0646.jpeg

Oof your YG Bone cuff gets me every time!

And thank you @Neptune for requesting a pic of the rings - @HollyC that is a stunning stack, they look amazing together.

I've just done some stalking and can't believe your pear isn't a fancy yellow!

Oof your YG Bone cuff gets me every time!

And thank you @Neptune for requesting a pic of the rings - @HollyC that is a stunning stack, they look amazing together.

I've just done some stalking and can't believe your pear isn't a fancy yellow!

Thanks @Pomelo The bone cuff is a favourite. I love the colour of the pear - lemony goodness ;)

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics