shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

I’m still waiting to see the other emerald pinky. Hope you mailed it in before they closed for renovation.

I did. I actually dropped off in person when I was in NYC for the Christies course in June. Am waiting for the origin report on my emerald line bracelet. Everything else is done. I did not know about the Reno! Thanks for the heads up. 2 big surprises—a pad was not a pad, and Burma sapphires were Madagascar and heated!

It's a two-ring stack! A yg emerald ring stacked with a sam woerhrmann yg on silver totem ring:)
Do you ever wear them in different configurations? Or alone?

I wear the totem ring alone a lot. The emerald yg ring I stack with other yg bands:)

pretty!! May I ask who made the emerald pendant?
Thanks, I got it from jewels by Whitney - an Instagram seller.

I did. I actually dropped off in person when I was in NYC for the Christies course in June. Am waiting for the origin report on my emerald line bracelet. Everything else is done. I did not know about the Reno! Thanks for the heads up. 2 big surprises—a pad was not a pad, and Burma sapphires were Madagascar and heated!

Oh…we need to see those surprises, have you posted them b4?

The burmas not the wee pad. I will once they are back

Looks like it will be a while! AGL closed yesterday for a renovation. I dropped off a 3 stone diamond and sapphire ring to AGL in June. The seller, a well known estate jewellery store in Dallas, bought it from an estate who provided the original purchase receipt. That receipt stated Burmese origin, as did mine. They are lovely sapphires. However, AGL says they are from Madagascar and heated. That is a problem because sapphires from Madagascar weren’t discovered/mined until the 1990s and this is a period ring from the 1920s. So the vendor told me to send it back to him when I get it back. He wants to send it to GIA because he thinks they are the best. He has assured me he will reimburse me if the sapphires are not Burmese.

I don’t have a picture of the pad. My local jeweler brought it back from a show, and it fit a mounting I had. It is less than a carat. She has spoken to the dealer, whom she has a long term relationship with, and he has promised to make me whole. Waiting on the return from AGL.

Attachments

• IMG_6625.jpeg
    IMG_6625.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6623.jpeg
    IMG_6623.jpeg
    383.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6629.jpeg
    IMG_6629.jpeg
    249.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6630.jpeg
    IMG_6630.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1562.png
    IMG_1562.png
    993.9 KB · Views: 27
Looks like it will be a while! AGL closed yesterday for a renovation. I dropped off a 3 stone diamond and sapphire ring to AGL in June. The seller, a well known estate jewellery store in Dallas, bought it from an estate who provided the original purchase receipt. That receipt stated Burmese origin, as did mine. They are lovely sapphires. However, AGL says they are from Madagascar and heated. That is a problem because sapphires from Madagascar weren’t discovered/mined until the 1990s and this is a period ring from the 1920s. So the vendor told me to send it back to him when I get it back. He wants to send it to GIA because he thinks they are the best. He has assured me he will reimburse me if the sapphires are not Burmese.

Wow, what drama! Curious what you think you would do at this point…other than waiting.

Wow, what drama! Curious what you think you would do at this point…other than waiting.
I have done what I can to this point, having contacted both vendors. They have both agreed that they will do what it takes. I do feel that I need to return the rings/stone and I can’t yet. I personally am not willing to keep the stones at a lesser price because I have certain things I collect, and those stones are not on my list. I

Other options I have researched include the FTC, and the JBT will mediate as well. There is always credit card dispute, but that is a Hail Mary for a vendor who is not willing to fix the problem, and that I never want to do business with again. A nuclear option, if you will.

I have done what I can to this point, having contacted both vendors. They have both agreed that they will do what it takes. I do feel that I need to return the rings/stone and I can’t yet. I personally am not willing to keep the stones at a lesser price because I have certain things I collect, and those stones are not on my list. I

Other options I have researched include the FTC, and the JBT will mediate as well. There is always credit card dispute, but that is a Hail Mary for a vendor who is not willing to fix the problem, and that I never want to do business with again. A nuclear option, if you will.

Just being a nosey old cow, do you mention to vendors that you regularly sent gems to well established labs for peace of mind?

Just being a nosey old cow, do you mention to vendors that you regularly sent gems to well established labs for peace of mind?

Actually I don’t. But that is a fair question. I asked the Burmese vendor if he had sent the ring for testing, and his reply was that he would never remove such old stones for testing. I replied that that was not a requirement for colored stones and he poo-poo-ed me. For 18k, which is what I paid(didn’t find the instagram post until after I bit) I felt perfectly justified in checking. So I ask questions, including lab reports. some vendors quit talking to me immediately. Ok. They don’t get my money. You make your money when you buy…true in real estate, my family business, or anything else. The great thing about jewels as opposed to antiques,which my family has invested in for 3 + generations, is that lab reports are available. I can check a vendor’s statements. You are not being nosey or an o,d cow…I’m that girl. I want to get my money back if I need to sell. That’s just smart.

20230808_183947.jpg20230808_183327.jpg

Wore a ring which closely matched the prints on my dress today. ;)

Attachments

• 20230808_183327.jpg
    20230808_183327.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230808_183947.jpg
    20230808_183947.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 6
Thank you both!!

Yeap it’s a Burmese red spinel, loving how it still doesn’t black out even in the shade!

IMG_3742.jpegIMG_3741.jpeg

Yay and welcome, more in the club! It's my favorite stone. My ering is a red one, too. I have a little collection. Love them.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics