shape
carat
color
clarity

what is your favorite kind of pie?

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1314385790|3000563 said:
After all, we don't know all that much about marmite and spotted dick.
Deb/AGBF
:read:
Ah yeah ye're really missing out there...

I love banana and anything banana-flavoured, I will definitely be attempting that yummy looking banana cream pie. If anyone has a good recipe please post!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I love apple pie with a definite cinnamon flavor with whipping on top, paired with some vanilla ice cream!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I kind of like banana cream pie. But I don't like anything else banana. As long as the pie doesn't have chunks of bananas in it, I'm fine.

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
Pumpkin Pie! :praise:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
1. Key Lime eaten in the Keys.
2. Pumpkin pie made by my husband at Thanksgiving.
3. My late mom's apple pie.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I love Shepards pie. :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fresh Strawberry with Custard. Oh Yum. And Pecan.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS Admin|1314418042|3001190 said:

Andrey! This is the first time I have learned something personal about you! I suspect that you are the kind of man I would like to cook for. The men I like to cook for are willing to eat things made with chopped meat (like Shepherd's Pie) and let foods touch each other (like Sheprherd's Pie). I like to make meat loaf with all kinds of ingredients inside and spaghetti and meatballs and things like that. When I have men around who like those foods, I thrive. When I only have my immediate family, who like dry chicken and peas that do not touch each other, I am bored.

Deb/AGBF

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Someone wants to be the 3,000,000th post! :lol:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I don't really like pie all that much. Now cake, on the other hand, I could go on and on about...white cake, yellow cake, red velvet cake, carrot cake, chocolate cake, cheesecake...om nom nom nom nom...

Oh, right, we were talking about pie. Well, I guess my favorite is probably Oreo Cookie Cream Pie:
http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1937,144164-231199,00.html

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1314418849|3001199 said:

Andrey! This is the first time I have learned something personal about you! I suspect that you are the kind of man I would like to cook for. The men I like to cook for are willing to eat things made with chopped meat (like Shepherd's Pie) and let foods touch each other (like Sheprherd's Pie). I like to make meat loaf with all kinds of ingredients inside and spaghetti and meatballs and things like that. When I have men around who like those foods, I thrive. When I only have my immediate family, who like dry chicken and peas that do not touch each other, I am bored.

Deb/AGBF

Deb, Andrey's sweetheart of a wife wants to kill you right now. Hahahaha! You are a temptress! :bigsmile: :naughty: :wavey:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My homemade apple and sweet potato pies are my favorite!! My 92yr old grannie LOVES my pies and so do I. It makes me feel really good that my grannie loves my pies. Its a guilty pleasure of mine to make a special personal apple pie for myself and label it "the period pie" so my son and hubby stay away from it. :naughty:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Deb/AGBF
Deb, this post made me laugh. I never thought of foods in the category of touching each other or not, but you are completely right! For the record, I love both kinds.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apple Pie. Home-made. All butter crust. Thick slices of tart granny smith. A touch of sugar. A few hearty dashes of cinnamon. Maybe a touch of lemon. Warm with vanilla ice cream on top.

I have never had banana cream pie! I am surprised at how often it is mentioned in this thread. I am equally surprised at how many people really like key lime pie. I do not.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I think DH's pumpkin wins in my book...made with FRESH pumpkin and not that canned crap. Oh, and FRESH nutmeg and cinnamon, not "pumpkin pie spice"...and in a graham cracker crust.

A close second is the Michigan Cherry Crumb Pie from the Grand Traverse Pie Company. :lickout: I knew how good it was BEFORE Mario Batali made it famous.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I made the most delicious blueberry pie last night with a walnut and oat crust instead of flour. :lickout:

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Deb/AGBF

I love meatloaf.
I will be over for dinner! :)

I love food and enjoy mixing it up( Stir-fry, burritos, potato salad, Eggrolls , etc) , but i also do appreciate to have certain food have there place to be separate such as fish and steaks. :)

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
purselover|1314484227|3002133 said:
I made the most delicious blueberry pie last night with a walnut and oat crust instead of flour. :lickout:

Yum! Recipe, please? Blueberry is my DH's favorite!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Apple pie
Banana Creme
Pumpkin
Strawberry
French Silk
Key Lime :cheeky:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Andrey--I LOVE shephard's pie!

Bridie McKenna's in Highwood makes a mean shephard's pie, if you can ever get over there. (I *think* you're in the Chicago area, no?) They also won the title of "#1 Guinness Pint in Illinois" last year. We eat there A LOT, and it is delicious.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am fussy. Rarely eat the stuff and when I do they are my Mom's berry pies. Her crust is devine--heck I should make some. Strawberry or blueberry and rhubarb comes to mind. Or fresh cherry. Certain pecan pies; banana creme using Emeril's pastry creme recipie...

cheers--Sharon

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Pumpkin, sweet potato, homemade apple pie with vanilla ice cream. Yummmm....

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage|1314489564|3002349 said:
purselover|1314484227|3002133 said:

Yum! Recipe, please? Blueberry is my DH's favorite!

No problem! Here is the pie crust recipe, I used cinnamon covered walnuts which added a great flavor....
http://shinycooking.com/walnut-oat-pie-crust

and the pie recipe:
http://shinycooking.com/fresh-blueberry-pie

DH was really doubtful b/c he thought the blueberry mixture needed more sugar, but once it was in the crust and topped with vanilla ice cream it was perfect! If you really prefer sweeter pies you may want to add a drop more sugar though.

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
APPLE pie!!

klop1986

Rough_Rock
cherry pie

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
or maybe lemon?

heb1976

Shiny_Rock
Oooh, Chocolate chess pie! So fantastic!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Deb/AGBF

This made me laugh Deb! I cannot stand food touching on my own plate - and thus avoid the perils of piling rice onto my horseradish and wasabi sides :bigsmile:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1314495307|3002944 said:
This made me laugh Deb! I cannot stand food touching on my own plate - and thus avoid the perils of piling rice onto my horseradish and wasabi sides :bigsmile:

You don't happen to be up for adoption, do you? Not that I adopted my husband (although sometimes it feels that way). But all the finicky eaters I feed -i.e. all the members of my family-joined it via adoption. It sounds as if you'd fit right in. You're welcome to join us, Yssie.

Hugs,
Deb
:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results