shape
carat
color
clarity

When are you going to start decorating for fall?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your decorating davi! I live in FL so we usually wait until Oct to get fall items out. Mine include fake pumpkins,
some little scare crows, red and gold leaves and braided raffia. I get the scented candles out too...pumpkin spice
and harvest apple.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't decorate for the seasons although I LOVE the holidays (specifically Christmas). The only "decorations" we have at that time are homemade chocolate chip cookies in the cookie jar. I try to limit my cookie making to that time of year. Does that count?

We're lucky if we put up a tree in time for Christmas. :bigsmile:

ETA: Apparently, I kind of already answered this question this morning. :rolleyes:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Davi--I bought a lot of new fall decorations today. I blame your beautiful photos.

(I also bought some Halloween decor. It was on sale!)

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Davi, your house is lovely! I like the decorations and colour scheme very much.

Tell me, is house dust equal in all parts of the world or does it vary significantly by location? If I put decorations out, I'd have to dust them two or three times a week. I don't have ornaments for that reason - is that unusually dusty where I live, or am I unusually lazy? :lol:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fall is my favorite season, and my and one of my daughter's birthday. My husband actually gets excited about what he will dress up for Halloween. We have often done family themes, like as Alice in Wonderland, Hansel and Gretel, Pirates and gypsies, woodland fairies (I was a tree!). I don't think we are going to do it this year because it seems everyone wants to be something very specific and different from each other (my oldest wants to be a ghost samba dancer??) so we won't do the family theme this year.
I don't specifically decorate, but do have a wooden jackolantern to hang on our door and put up gourds and mini pumpkins on our mantel. For Halloween we decorate the porch, and also decorate the top of the piano (stuffed owls, crows, ceramic skull candleholder). I would do more but they don't like anything too scary. I do want to get those lights that look like flickering flames...

I think I would decorate more if I was say stay at home, but keeping the house clean is enough of an achievement sometimes!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Davi- I love it! That is the hugest pinecone I've ever seen!!!

Kenny about decorating for the seasons, my MIL does big time. For example in the bathroom she has different shower curtains, towels, and accessories depending on the season, different stuffed animals and artificial (but tasteful) plant/floral displays, little knickknacks, linens, etc that are rotated based on the season. Often individual holidays will be celebrated (4th of July and Labor's day both get the American Flag treatment, but as they are not Irish I don't understand why she decorates for St Patricks day?)

I think I mentioned it before for example during Christmas she has at least 3 different trees, each with their own theme/design. Her overall esthetic is country. But it looks good because it's not too cluttered and she keeps her house immaculate.

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
While I love the beginning of the school year (as far as I am concerned we should celebrate that as the New Year) and the fact that I am an autumn baby and get to celebrate my birthday in October we never decorate for fall as it is just too depressing knowing that winter is fast on the heels of the fall. I hate winter and the -30 degree celcius temperatures!

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
Scorpioanne|1315441661|3012157 said:
While I love the beginning of the school year (as far as I am concerned we should celebrate that as the New Year) and the fact that I am an autumn baby and get to celebrate my birthday in October we never decorate for fall as it is just too depressing knowing that winter is fast on the heels of the fall. I hate winter and the -30 degree celcius temperatures!
Oh my! Where do you live that it gets that cold? I just couldn't handle that cold of a winter. We go crazy if we have snow at all!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I'm going to blame all you guys and Davi especially but broke down and bought some house items for the upcoming season.

First is the kumina orange tablecloth. It also comes in a neutral (cool colors) version that is also beautiful.

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/the-marimekko-shop/marimekko-kitchenwares/marimekko-kumina-orange-60%22x90%22-tablecloth/s232249

In addition to William Sonoma I love their dishtowels. There are ALOT of towels of theirs I really like but this one I can imagine this particular towel they may only have for a limited time so I decided to get it.

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/kitchen-and-food/dishtowels/autumn-squash-dishtowel/s234683

I'm excited :appl:

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful pictures Davi. I love the way you put everything together. I am feeling the itch to break out all of my fall stuff soon. I usually start in September, but we just moved down South and I just finished unpacking and putting out all of my warm weather decor. Since it is still warm here, I may keep it up a bit longer.

We are military and have moved all over including Guam which is has a constant 86-88 degree temperature everyday. That didn't stop anyone I know from putting out seasonal decor - but it did look kind of weird having pumpkins and scarecrows out next to large tropical plants.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Davi-that looks amazing! So autumny.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results