shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

I pulled the trigger and bought #3. Should have it in 2 weeks ….
But now I can’t stop thinking abt #1 as well …. What should one do ? IMG_6928.jpeg

I want #2!

i'm trying to convince myself I don't need a "matching" Lucida band for my Lucere diamond..
Someone please tell me the RR listing is terrible in some way or too overpriced for what it is. pretty please?

IMG_4473.jpegIMG_4474.jpeg

Oh would you link me to your lucere ring??

Oh would you link me to your lucere ring??

Sure. It’s pretty modest by PS standards but i love the cut

I noticed Costco had the 2 ctw diamond bangle $500 off and in stock in yellow gold. I have a platinum bracelet so didn’t need another in WG. It also looks easier to take on and off and maybe a bit more secure as well due to the bangle design & clasp.

This purchase does mean my larger bracelet got moved to the next major birthday in 5-10 years unless I experience a huge income jump before then, but that’s ok. Assuming I like it, it’s a practical size/weight for every day wear.

i'm trying to convince myself I don't need a "matching" Lucida band for my Lucere diamond..
Someone please tell me the RR listing is terrible in some way or too overpriced for what it is. pretty please?

Yeah you do

I bought a diamond heart from another PSer. Unofrtunately, it wasn't as advertised but, even so, I loved it so much, I decided to remake it with a bit more oomph.

Here's the CAD. It will be in platinum, and I'm considering a diamond pave bail. If anyone has any opinions on how to do the bail (pave or plain, engraved or a specific shape), feel free to speak up!

It will hang on a plain platinum box chain.

DK 100238-QUAD-2.png

IMG_4473.jpegIMG_4474.jpeg

Sorry, but I cannot do that. It seems like it is very well priced considering the retail and isn’t this also in your size? Seems like fate to me. :lol:

I bought a diamond heart from another PSer. Unofrtunately, it wasn't as advertised but, even so, I loved it so much, I decided to remake it with a bit more oomph.

Here's the CAD. It will be in platinum, and I'm considering a diamond pave bail. If anyone has any opinions on how to do the bail (pave or plain, engraved or a specific shape), feel free to speak up!

DK 100238-QUAD-2.png

I wonder if a plain bezel would keep the emphasis on the heart? A pave pail might interrupt the heart shape… just thinking out loud

I have 2 diamonds on their way to me! I’m so excited but both are kind of risky buys for me. The first is a 3ct end of the alphabet radiant cut diamond and the second is a 4ct pear cut lab diamond! Both are coming from overseas so I’m hoping for the best.

I don’t want my PS card revoked by @Dreamer_D so…BUY IT! ;)) It’s a gemstone + gold necklace, so different from the one you already purchased. Both are pretty!!

Good for you. It is stunning!

DK 100238-QUAD-2.png

I like @Dreamer_D ‘s idea of keeping the emphasis on the diamond heart by having a plain platinum bail, but maybe fashioned after your dream prong from your other thread? Kind of like a “skinny” puffed heart shape?

I like @Dreamer_D ‘s idea of keeping the emphasis on the diamond heart by having a plain platinum bail, but maybe fashioned after your dream prong from your other thread? Kind of like a “skinny” puffed heart shape?

Oh! What a great idea! I'll give this some thought!

I wonder if a plain bezel would keep the emphasis on the heart? A pave pail might interrupt the heart shape… just thinking out loud

I wondered that exact thing - if a sparkly bail would interrupt the heart shape. You certainly put your finger on my key concern!

I pulled the trigger and bought #3. Should have it in 2 weeks ….
But now I can’t stop thinking abt #1 as well …. What should one do ? IMG_6928.jpeg

My faves are 1 and 2. So beautiful

Thank you! By the way, because of the new tennis bracelet and comparing the size of diamonds, I realized something really disturbing...

the 15 ctw tennis bracelet from Shay jewelry, at the original length, was supposed to be 15 ctw for 37 diamonds, so they should've been 0.4 ct size stones.

I had it adjusted to 6", which brought the amount of diamonds down to 34, but the size of the stones were still supposed to be 0.4 ct and they included the unused diamonds in the package incase I ever need to go larger, plus I did pay for them.

Well, the diamonds are not 0.4 ct each.
I have no idea how I didn't notice this sooner, but they are 0.3 ct each. For sure. They are the exact same size as the stones from my 10 ctw WF tennis bracelet.

Meaning, the total ct for the shay bracelet was really 11 ctw (0.3 x 37 = 11). Not 15 ctw. I'm pretty upset realizing this. I purchased it several months ago, so I think it is too late to complain.

I followed your story and was so glad to hear there was resolution and a sparkly happy ending : ) Thank you for sharing with us and congratulations on your lovely WF bracelets!
I am in the market for a new tennis bracelet myself and actually created this thread when I officially joined this wonderful platform back in 2019 : ) I'm so glad that by chatting here, and considering a new bracelet, you realized what you did about the Shay bracelet and everything worked out for the best! This is a really special place for jewelry lovers <3

P.S. I'm considering a 10ctw diamond bracelet either from a local jeweler (photo attached) or WF.... I've tried a few on in a couple stores to judge look (these vary so much from setting to setting, especially for a detail-oriented person!) and comfort (which is very important to me at this point as I have an antique diamond line bracelet which is set in box links and I'm not sure if it's the setting itself or the repairs to it that have make it a bit scratchy on the underside, but I'm definitely wanting this brand new modern era bracelet to be smooth) and did really like this one.
I just wonder about the fire I hear about with WF... The thing is, WF considers anything 7ctw or more to be "a special order" and therefore not returnable... which makes me very nervous. Whenever I cannot see jewelry in person, I really must have the return-for-full-refund safety net. I've been burned before and won't allow myself to fall into that again.
(This platform was so supportive btw as I went through that previous stressful situation.)
From WF website:
"Please note: Carat total weight variants of 7.00ctw and over are considered a special order and non-returnable."
I am a bit surprised by this bc to me at least, a simple diamond line/tennis bracelet is so classic and easily saleable. I also see the 10ctw that I'm wanting as a fairly popular ctw size, so who knows!
Screenshot_20240522-142346.png

I followed your story and was so glad to hear there was resolution and a sparkly happy ending : ) Thank you for sharing with us and congratulations on your lovely WF bracelets!
I am in the market for a new tennis bracelet myself and actually created this thread when I officially joined this wonderful platform back in 2019 : ) I'm so glad that by chatting here, and considering a new bracelet, you realized what you did about the Shay bracelet and everything worked out for the best! This is a really special place for jewelry lovers <3

P.S. I'm considering a 10ctw diamond bracelet either from a local jeweler (photo attached) or WF.... I've tried a few on in a couple stores to judge look (these vary so much from setting to setting, especially for a detail-oriented person!) and comfort (which is very important to me at this point as I have an antique diamond line bracelet which is set in box links and I'm not sure if it's the setting itself or the repairs to it that have make it a bit scratchy on the underside, but I'm definitely wanting this brand new modern era bracelet to be smooth) and did really like this one.
I just wonder about the fire I hear about with WF... The thing is, WF considers anything 7ctw or more to be "a special order" and therefore not returnable... which makes me very nervous. Whenever I cannot see jewelry in person, I really must have the return-for-full-refund safety net. I've been burned before and won't allow myself to fall into that again.
(This platform was so supportive btw as I went through that previous stressful situation.)
From WF website:
"Please note: Carat total weight variants of 7.00ctw and over are considered a special order and non-returnable."
I am a bit surprised by this bc to me at least, a simple diamond line/tennis bracelet is so classic and easily saleable. I also see the 10ctw that I'm wanting as a fairly popular ctw size, so who knows!
Screenshot_20240522-142346.png

I imagine as the price increases, the number of people able to afford purchasing it goes down. There’s also the storage of more expensive items (higher theft/damage risk) and interrupts cash flow for other purchases more easily sold until it’s gone.

That being said I wouldn’t purchase such an expensive item without a return policy of some kind. What if the clasp is weak? Or a break occurs due to a weak spot between links (as happened to me with my necklace)? No thanks.

Costco has a couple higher carat weight bracelets right now.

A 10 ctw, I color, VS2 bracelet in WG for $12.5k.

A 12 ctw, G color, VS2 bracelet in platinum for $19.9k.

WF is asking $24,000 for 10.10 ctw in WG and F/G VS2, so double the price for the same carat weight in a slightly lower color, or $4k over a higher carat weight of the same color. Maybe you really want WF which is fine if so! With Costco you’d at least get a good return policy in case of issues and you could always return it and spend the extra $4-$12k to buy it from WF instead.

Last edited:
I imagine as the price increases, the number of people able to afford purchasing it goes down. There’s also the storage of more expensive items (higher theft/damage risk) and interrupts cash flow for other purchases more easily sold until it’s gone.

That being said I wouldn’t purchase such an expensive item without a return policy of some kind. What if the clasp is weak? Or a break occurs due to a weak spot between links (as happened to me with my necklace)? No thanks.

Costco has a couple higher carat weight bracelets right now.

A 10 ctw, I color, VS2 bracelet in WG for $12.5k.

A 12 ctw, G color, VS2 bracelet in platinum for $19.9k.

WF is asking $24,000 for 10.10 ctw in WG and F/G VS2, so double the price for the same carat weight in a slightly lower color, or $4k over a higher carat weight of the same color. Maybe you really want WF which is fine if so! With Costco you’d at least get a good return policy in case of issues and you could always return it and spend the extra $4-$12k to buy it from WF instead.

Thanks very much for the Costco information!
I'm curious to see the settings on the pieces you've mentioned. Platinum does tend to be more resilient, in my opinion, and I am open to either 3 or 4 prongs.

@EmeraldEmpress are you also taking the size of the diamonds into account? The same ctw from two different vendors can be unequal in coverage.

For example, my antique OEC bracelet has diamonds in the 0.3-0.39 range, but it’s only 10.6 ctw compared to the 12 ctw Costco one. Despite the higher ctw, the Costco diamonds are 0.30 ct each and the bracelet costs more than mine.

The 10 ctw Whiteflash bracelet uses 0.29 ct diamonds, so to get the Costco equivalent for coverage, go for the 12 ctw.

Last edited:
I’m loving my new plat band - I took a chance bc the price was so good (it was a size 4 and I need a 5) but a jeweler was able to shave the inside for me.

IMG_0788.jpegIMG_0790.jpegIMG_0789.jpeg

Yay for shaving the inside!!! I gotta do that too cuzy fingers have grown from a 4 to 4.5

More on these when they are delivered to my hands. While I post threads on them in a couple weeks, I am going to have to put a down payment on property on Ban Island and lock myself out from eBay.

Screenshot_20240527-171721~2.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240527-171835~2.png
    Screenshot_20240527-171835~2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
@EmeraldEmpress are you also taking the size of the diamonds into account? The same ctw from two different vendors can be unequal in coverage.

For example, my antique OEC bracelet has diamonds in the 0.3-0.39 range, but it’s only 10.6 ctw compared to the 12 ctw Costco one. Despite the higher ctw, the Costco diamonds are 0.30 ct each and the bracelet costs more than mine.

The 10 ctw Whiteflash bracelet uses 0.29 ct diamonds, so to get the Costco equivalent for coverage, go for the 12 ctw.

Yes, indeed the carat weight per diamond is another factor to consider. I find that I do prefer the look of .30 ct diamonds.
I believe the Costco 12 ctw platinum bracelet is 7.5 inches long (vs the 'standard' 7 inches long,) so when taking the length into consideration it is on par with coverage.
Math is not my best subject lol, but I've found that most 7 inch diamond tennis bracelets in the 10-11ctw range feature individual diamonds at the .30 ct point, it seems that is how the math works out to have semetrical stones covering 7 inches totaling at least 10 carats. The bracelet at my local store is currently 7 inches in length and 10.66 ctw.

After reading some of the more negative Costco reviews, it does seem there are some issues with the clasps not functioning to properly secure the bracelet. I'd be curious to hear from PSers who own one to get their take. The Costco setting(s) were what came to mind first for me when Costco was suggested, and then reading that perhaps there are issues with them makes me much less comfortable. There were a few cases of a Costco bracelet coming off due to the faulty clasp. At least one lady lost hers : (

I know many PSers have vouched for the fire and performance of WF, which is why I was considering a WF bracelet. WF is likely off the table so to speak for me though due to their return policy.

So it seems I'm most comfortable with a local jeweler who is getting back to me with some details tomorrow.

I appreciate all of the PS input to aid in my decision and hope to have a new beauty to add to my collection, and to share officially with all of you very soon : )

Last edited:
Yes, indeed the carat weight per diamond is another factor to consider. I find that I do prefer the look of .30 ct diamonds.
I believe the Costco 12 ctw platinum bracelet is 7.5 inches long (vs the 'standard' 7 inches long,) so when taking the length into consideration it is on par with coverage.
Math is not my best subject lol, but I've found that most 7 inch diamond tennis bracelets in the 10-11ctw range feature individual diamonds at the .30 ct point, it seems that is how the math works out to have semetrical stones covering 7 inches totaling at least 10 carats. The bracelet at my local store is currently 7 inches in length and 10.66 ctw.

After reading some of the more negative Costco reviews, it does seem there are some issues with the clasps not functioning to properly secure the bracelet. I'd be curious to hear from PSers who own one to get their take. The Costco setting(s) were what came to mind first for me when Costco was suggested, and then reading that perhaps there are issues with them makes me much less comfortable. There were a few cases of a Costco bracelet coming off due to the faulty clasp. At least one lady lost hers : (

I know many PSers have vouched for the fire and performance of WF, which is why I was considering a WF bracelet. WF is likely off the table so to speak for me though due to their return policy.

So it seems I'm most comfortable with a local jeweler who is getting back to me with some details tomorrow.

I appreciate all of the PS input to aid in my decision and hope to have a new beauty to add to my collection, and to share officially with all of you very soon : )

I own the Costco 4 ctw bracelet with a lot of negative reviews about the clasp, and I haven’t had issues with it in the 2-3 years that I’ve had it. I wear it maybe twice a week.

Good luck on your search! I hope you find your bracelet soon.

IMG_2008.jpeg

I’m loving my new plat band - I took a chance bc the price was so good (it was a size 4 and I need a 5) but a jeweler was able to shave the inside for me.

IMG_0788.jpegIMG_0790.jpegIMG_0789.jpeg

I LOVE this !!

I always feel like rings are too thick and always wondered why they couldnt do that (shave the inside) so I am really glad to know you can do that!

I really love this!

I got this 1920's medal from etsy for mother's day from my husband. Which means i bought it and told him. He's not the best gift giver... LOL!

Took me forever to get a picture without boobs in it :lol-2:

20240523_020349.jpg

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP