shape
carat
color
clarity

Finished! Green tourmaline stone in ebay halo setting (plus short review of vendor)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I actually like it set a little higher than the halo...it gives it more definition I think....

I love the setting!!

I am loving that asscher cut!!

Oooh I really like how you had the prongs done! And I don't know if it's just me, but I think it looks just fine the way it's set..?

I like the way your ring turned out, and I''m so in love with Barry''s cuts! I do hope the height of the setting doesn''t bother you. Maybe you''ll grow accustomed to it and it will be less of an issue with time? I think these manufacturers on ebay don''t account for shrinkage during casting as closely as they should, perhaps that could account for the discordance in dimensions.

Gorgeous color stone by the way!

it looks amazing, i love the double prongs!!

Ooooooh...I love themmmmmmm
30.gif

I just love this ring - so beautiful!!
36.gif

DandiAndi, MMT, OnVacation, Geckodani, EricaR, MC, Lauren, Addy, KCoursolle, Alexis, SwedishBean, LoveinBloom, VitaDolce, Bia and AmberGretchen, THANK YOU all!

I really appreciate the compliments, and I''m glad you guys like the rings!

I think the setting will be fine - it is a little higher but it makes it different from my garnet, and the jeweler did a great job, even in clawing out the double prongs. One of the reasons I chose this particular setting was for the prongs, so I''m glad it worked out!

OnVacation, I pretty much always wear my sapphire ring, since that''s the one my BF gave me for our one-year anniversary (he got a little help in the stone and setting selection department though
3.gif
), and now that I have this green tourm ring, I might switch that and the garnet out on my right hand pretty frequently now. Or I can celebrate the Christmas season and wear them both
2.gif

Gorgeous! I like the fact that it is set high. It looks fabulous!

that''s soo pretty! I also love your light pink stone. Do you know what you want to do with that one?

Thanks for sharing your collection. Your stones are absolutely beautiful, and I think the settings show them off nicely. Wear them all in good health! Those are some pretty rings
9.gif

Thank you, 2babycarrots, Popcorn and Kittybean!

Popcorn, I''m not sure yet. It''s very big (over 4 carats) and a little fragile/easy to chip, so the smartest thing for me to do is probably make it into a pendant. My dream pendant setting for that one is probably a halo, like this Leon. I think the asscher would look amazing in a setting like that...so I''m going to wait until I have the money to really splurge, unless I find a nice pendant setting that''s similar. It''s an ongoing project
1.gif
If you guys see a setting that''s similar, please let me know!

LeonAsscherPendant.jpg

brown eyed girl, you have a lovely collection - i do love the green (and i''m so happy to have found other green tourmaline afficionados here)

how on earth do you decide which one to wear more though - i know you said you wear the sapphire but how can you resist the others?!

It''s turned out beautifully. I love the slightly higher setting and it looks balanced. The diamonds look very good in the setting as well.

beautiful, I love it!

YOu are aquiring such a beautiful collection! Wait, did you jeweler turn the double prongs into claws?? Just beautiful!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Gorgeous!!! I just love those yummy green tourmalines
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thank you, Cup_of_T, LovingDiamonds, ItaliaHaircolor, Cushioncutnut and Musey!

CupofT, it''s definitely tough! I wish I could wear them all, all the time! I''ve been pretty fortunate as far as settings and stones go, so I''m hoping my luck continues...these are the kinds of tough choices I like
2.gif

Cushioncutnut, yep, my jeweler made the double prongs into claws - they weren''t able to do it with my garnet, so I was really happy when they could for this one!

gooodness...that will be one amazing pendant if that''s the setting you decide on. Your collection is gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results