shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, which sign did you decide to go with? Yowch on the wrist! I have several knee braces here in this house... somewhere. If/when I need one again of course I won't be able to find any either. Are you completely unpacked yet? My cleaning tear is ongoing. I've thrown away about three garbage bags full of chipped glasses over the past few days, and I've still go three cabinets left to finish up. Of course I've still got more glasses than you can shake a stick at, but progress is progress, right?!

Yesterday was YF's birthday to we took him to lunch today at The Texas Roadhouse. Then we went to Bestbuy and T-Mobile in search of a specific Apple watch that I want for my birthday, which isn't for a few weeks but it's $100 off right now. Yesterday I could find them in stock everywhere (Bestbuy, Costco, T-Mobile). Today the combo that I wanted is sold out EVERYWHERE, probably because of the sale. I did finally find one through the Amazon Apple store and I snagged it. There were only two left. I didn't even worry about the band or anything at that point because I figured I'm just going to change it out anyway.

My sales have been crazy slow lately (only a few orders all week) and then I've had five sales since last night. ??? Whatever -- I'll take it!

Alright, off to see if I can tackle the few remaining cabinets so I can call the kitchen DONE!

Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, we’re going with the Teddy Bear sign. Hopefully we get it this week. My wrist is slightly better but certainly complaining. I ordered some of the gel wrist pads for the keyboard and mouse. I picked one that said “deliver tomorrow” and so today I check on the order and rather than Prime delivery they sent it to the post office who left me a slip in the mailbox to pick it up at the post office. Grr. Our post office is AWFUL. They usually have one person working the counter and the line is out the door.

I am pretty much unpacked. There are some bins full of things like light bulbs, cleaning projects and other odds and ends left. Marty started building pieces for his observatory so that’ll filling up part of the garage. That’s great you continue to make progress on cleaning things out.

Nice you did find the watch you wanted for your birthday on sale. You can definitely switch out of the bands later. I was surprised at how many bands they have in the Apple Store. Marty quit wearing his Apple Watch and went back to his watches. I never wear watches, I’d rather wear bracelets.

Happy Birthday to YF.

I read a book this weekend, I figured that was easy on my wrist. I did work a bit today on the computer. I even hid my knitting for a while.

Laters,
Curby

Happy Monday kids!

Curby, what a PITA about the delivery. My watch is supposed to be delivered tomorrow by USPS and I just tracked it to see if I can have it held at the PO and pick it up in the afternoon because I have to run some errands mid-day tomorrow around the time the mail person comes. There is no option to do that so I suspect they'll just leave the package in the mailbox. I would really rather they NOT do that, but I guess it's all out of my control at this point... I can't wait to see the TBE sign! Will Marty be be able to install it or is the company going to do it?

I've been pretty productive today, despite a low grade headache that I'm guessing has to do with our weather -- very hot, very humid, and fluctuating barometric pressure Ugh. Did two loads of laundry, a kitchen clean-up, packed an order, made a trip to the post office, had a chiro appointment, and ran to Farm & Fleet to get a hedge trimmer as a surprise for Liam. He has it in the Amazon cart and keeps "hinting" that he'd like it for his birthday... but he needs to use it NOW, not a month from now. Rather than order it through Amazon and have him see that I got the same one at F&F and he'll be surprised by it when he gets home tonight. Between that the the THREE THOUSAND DOLLAR CHILD'S TOY he's getting, his birthday is MORE than covered next month!

Well I think I'm going to have to fire my SECOND social media "consultant" in two months. She, like the first one, is on maternity leave and absolutely assured me she had all the time in the world to do this. Six weeks in I have NOTHING. I texted her this morning and she apologized profusely, but that still doesn't translate to progress. Oh well, maybe someday I'll find someone who actually DOES something!

I think I'll take another load of glasses downstairs before Liam gets home. Slowly but surely the aftermath of my wild cleaning spree is being dealt with!

Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hope you’re home when your watch arrives. Marty did pick up my wrist pads on his way to the gym this afternoon. I used a folded up fleece scarf today that helped. I guess I shouldn’t have lifted. It ticked it off pretty good.

Marty is making the frame / holder for the TBE sign. He was going to put the posts down 3 feet, but gave up at 2 feet. One of our friends who is a geologist pointed out we are on a hill. I can’t wait to see it in person.

You do have Liam’s birthday covered. I can’t wait to hear what he thinks of his toy. You were very productive today.

That’s too bad the social media consultant isn’t doing a good job for you. I bet that’s hard to find someone who is responsible. We are sure finding customer service is severely lacking in finding good help to do things we need done at the house.

I did work 8 hours today, but I got up and relaxed my wrist about every hour. It got agitated around noon, so I stopped for lunch. As expected, the company we ordered the window coverings from called me to reschedule the install. They first said on September 2 and I pointed out that’s Labor Day. Now it’s moved to September 5. Bummer. I dug out my crystal prisms to set on the window sill so I’m going to order myself a few more of them and we’ll figure out how to hang some up after we get the shades installed.

Laters,
Curby

Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I can't imagine two feet down wouldn't be enough for the TBE sign! Everyone seems to be forgetting about Labor Day this year. The chiro does a schedule going out seemingly into infinity and when I pointed out the holiday every person behind the counter was stunned. I'm sure a wild flurry of rescheduling ensued LOL. Liam's birthday isn't until September 27. I hope he doesn't find anything else to drop hints about between now and then!

I'm trapped here at the house waiting for the mail person to make rounds. I did pack up two orders this morning (one of which was for Christmas stuff) but now I'm trying to hang out on the main level so I can keep an eye out for the mail truck. After that I need to run to the post office and up to an auction place in Wisconsin and get stuff that Liam won on Sunday night, and then stop at the grocery store on the way back.

Alright, off to unload / reload the dishwasher and look at the laundry situation.

dee*jay-i hope you got your watch! I hate when things come by USPS. Our mail carrier is terrible. Sometimes she puts the mail for the 3 houses up the hill in my box and it depends on my mood whether I trek up there to deliver it or not. I ordered band from Polami on Etsy and was able to track it all the way from Thailand until DHL handed it off to the post office and I lost it for a week. It required a signature, but one random day it was stuffed in my mailbox and looked like it had been run over. The band was intact. Good job with all that cleaning! I keep threatening to rent a dumpster and go to town getting rid of stuff. We keep piling stuff to get rid of on the garage and now only my car gets to sleep inside at night. How long do we have to wait for Liam’s birthday?

Marcy-the observatory sounds too cool! Definitely need pictures as it goes along. And a sign for TBE! I love it!! Are you loving you new location? Oh no for your good wrist hurting. Did you find your brace? I have a selection of braces for my knee from where I broke right below it, but darned if I know where any of them are. You had a tooth lengthened? I’m going to have to ask Google about that! My implant is still doing good. The worst and most painful surgery was having to have a bone graft, but it was done at the same time as my molar with the shattered roots was removed so I don’t know which was causing all the pain and swelling. The shattered tooth was right at the spot where I broke my jaw years ago and the tooth issue never showed up on any X-rays and was never a problem until it was a BIG problem.

It was 102 today with no air movement. Gah! Matt decided this week not to do field work and stay inside his nice, air conditioned office at the plant this week. When he’s outside, he has to wear all that heavy, hot safety gear. He had a few bad days after all the stings, but the swelling is mostly gone and he looks normal again. He has a really nice corner office in a building downtown on the 14th floor all new furnishings, but for the foreseeable future he’s going to be at the client site in a plant. Bummer. Have a great day tomorrow!

Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, still no sign. I’m anxious to see it. If you and Liam are like us on presents, even if he finds something else he wants, he’ll get it. I swear we’ve got presents covered for the next 100 years. Did you get your watch? Do you love it? Or do you get it before your birthday?

Deegee, I am with you on getting things by the USPS. I far prefer UPS or FedEx. Prime has been sending a lot of our deliveries via the post office. Our mailbox is about 2 miles from here. The house we just moved from it was right across the street. The good old days we had it delivered right to our door. I bought a few braces, my wrist / thumb joint is slightly better but still yells at me. I need to take about an hour break after four hours on my computer. I had a quarter of a tooth break off past the gum. They put a temp crown on it and I had a periodontist lengthen the tooth. There’s kind of a whole between the permanent crown and the gum now. Food gets stuck there pretty easy. OUCH your bone graft and tooth removal doesn’t sound like a pleasant experience. I had two root canals around the same time and one had to be pulled. It wasn’t a fun year. Glad to hear Matt is doing better and worked in the office.

Not much new here. We ordered a 1/2 beef today. That’ll feed Marty for a few months. He better be here the day they deliver it. We ordered it for sometime in September. I had groceries delivered today as well. Marty set up our all-sky camera last night. He drilled a hole through the house to run an Ethernet cable to it. He was going to put it on the top of the RV, but the cable wasn’t long enough so it’s on our utility trailer. Sadly our house blocks about 40% of it. It is kind of cool though.

Laters,
Curby

Happy Thursday kids!

DeeGee, I kept an eye out for the mail person and was when I saw her go into the cul de sac right before she gets to our mailbox I ran out there. The package didn't event require a signature; she was just going to put it right in the box! So far all I'm really doing with it is using the health app and getting notifications of text messages, but I'm sue I'll figure more stuff out eventually. I also ordered a screen protector and some bands that are all supposed to get delivered today. Liam's birthday is on Sept. 27th, so about another month. 102 -- ugh! We've been in the mid 90s with terrible humidity. But as of today it's going to start to get better.

Curby, how goes the sign? Yowch on the tooth! Based on the description it sounds like the camera can be moved around... ? We've got gifts covered pretty much into infinity too. I'm trying to think of something for Christmas. I might have David Klass reset Pinky. There is a gem and jewelry show here the second week of December, but I hate to go in there with the mind set that I need to come out with SOMETHING. Of course there is the possibility I might come across a fabulous piece, but the pressure would certainly be on!

I've been super lazy these past few days. I just now finally got all the extra glasses downstairs from The Great Kitchen Cabinet Cleaning and I have to queue up some stuff for listing pictures because I'm way behind on that front. Yesterday I did finally apply for my passport renewal... which I really should have done when I got back from Switzerland in February! I paid extra for the expedited service and the guy at the post office said it should only be two or three weeks. On the way to the chiro today I need to swing by and get some bubble wrap from the packaging place. As you can see, it's another exciting day here at The North Estate!

OK... time to head into the dining room and pick out some stuff to wash up for photos.

It’s almost ready to pound in to the ground

1724975943342.jpeg

Dee*Jay-I love my Apple Watch. I always wear it, even to Matt’s dressy office Christmas parties. I change out the band to make it a bit dressier. Still looks like an Apple Watch. Did you ever get more stacking bracelets? I’m thinking you were looking for black diamonds?

Marcy-I love it! Did Marty make it? That will look really nice in its spot outside. I looked up your tooth procedure. OUCH! I noticed a lot of people at the periodontist getting regular cleanings. I wasn’t worried about my procedures, but my blood pressure always shot through the roof when I went to that office. They made me sit for over an hour once while they kept taking my bp and it kept going up and up. I was afraid they were going to call an ambulance! I persuaded them to let me leave and it dropped back down after a few hours at home. Definite mental block for that place.

Matt’s brother, who he hasn’t seen in person for more than 10 years, dropped by the house unexpectedly today with his new woman and their child. They were passing through from Ohio on their way south and decided to stop by. First time we’ve met her or the kid. Weird and kinda awkward. And my house was NOT company ready. I had a hair appointment after work so my day was chock full of excitement. Happy Friday tomorrow!

Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, the sign is fabulous! Is it installed yet? We definitely need pictures!

DeeGee, I am indeed looking for a thin black diamond bracelet, but no luck so far. I ordered a bunch of bands for my watch! I've found though that I can't use the ones with the magnetic closure because my laptop has a trackpad below the keyboard so there is about three inches of metal where I rest my wrists and the band gets stuck. Good thing I figured that out before I ordered a bunch more in that style. I'm not sure what I'd even do if a relative dropped by after ten years with no warning!!!

Well yesterday got derailed right off the bat. I was going to take listing pictures but before I even got out of bed someone that I've known for about 20 years texted me that his wife had passed away. The last time I saw him (which has been at least a year) he said she had breast cancer but was in some sort of clinical trial and he was hopeful. Ugh. The obit said there was a visitation from three to eight yesterday so I went into the city thinking I'd get there right at three. And then all four lanes of the highway were closed as a couple of semis were on their sides and everyone was being funneled to a single lane on the shoulder. The second part of that plan involved going to YF's first football game on my way back out of the city, but I wouldn't have even made it there until the very end so I headed back to The North Estate.

This morning I went over to the local auction and bought some stuff. Liam is still there and last I heard he was looking at a John Deere tractor and a big black trailer. Oy. I'm not even going to check in with him; I prefer to be surprised when he comes pulling into the driveway later LOL.

I want to wash up some of the glasses I got today because I think I can just re-up a previous listing assuming they're all in good condition. No idea what the rest of the day will bring, but I'm sure it will be equally as exciting -- ha!

Hi Kids!

Deegee, Marty designed the teddy bear graphic. We had a guy make the metal sign. The same guy made the signs coming in to our community so we used the same font he used on his signs. It’s sealed and then Marty made the frame for it. I love it. That procedure I had wasn’t fun and that spot is achy at times. I totally can identify with white coat syndrome. I walk in the doctor and my BP shots up. The last few times I went to the doctor, I took my BP for two weeks multiple times a day and document it. Then I take it in with me. I missed 2 days this past week on my BP meds and while my BP was okay, my heartbeat went really high. It’s more related to my thyroid though. Wow to the surprise visit from Matt’s brother and family. Do they get along okay? I am about due for a haircut. I’ve been letting my hair grow longer trying to get my bangs to tuck behind my ear. I have such thick hair, it still falls in my face anyway.

Dee Jay, the sign is installed and I’m thrilled. Marty had his gym here for a BBQ Sunday and our realtor (she’s one of his clients) asked him if he was okay with a “cute” sign. Since he designed it, he’s fine with it. He was going to surprise me but decided to ask me if I liked it first. The bands with magnetic closures are not conducive to wearing for some things. They do have a great variety though. I hate to hear about your friend’s wife. That is so sad. Darn that you couldn’t make it in for the visitation due to the road closure due to an accident. Do you something big and green in your driveway after Liam got home from the auction?

The sign is mounted and cemented out front. We’ve been working (I should say Marty) on getting our all sky camera up and running. Since we can’t put it on an observatory yet, Marty bought 200 foot of outdoor Ethernet cable and ran it out to the field. It’s kind of cool. Instructions are limited so he finally got it working last night, but got dust in it and needs to orient to line up N/S. We could see the Milky Way on it last night.

Marty’s gym party went well. There were probably 20-30 people here. Many of whom, I’ve never met. It was potluck and Marty grilled burgers and it turned out to be a nice variety of food and everyone had a nice time and enjoyed seeing the house. I made Snickerdoodles that were a hit. Everyone went home before dusk, so we watched a movie and made it a popcorn night.

Today my sister and nephew came to visit. She sews and sells doll clothes and some lady that puts doll clothes online, is selling her doll clothes so fast she can hardly keep up with it. I made her cards and stickers, so she wanted to see the house and have me make stickers. I printed about 60 pages of things for her. She took us out to dinner. Then I made homemade cocoa brownies and we had brownies sundaes before they went home.

Tomorrow I’m doing another livestream for work on Saturn. Ugh. Marty bought a bunch of lumber for his observatory so he’ll be working on that.

My wrist is better, but still calls me names and causes me to have a few Gordon Ramsey outbursts. Colorful metaphors can be so helpful at times.

Laters,
Marcy

IMG_0907.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0906.jpeg
    IMG_0906.jpeg
    409.4 KB · Views: 1
I forgot to mention, I went a bit crazy on crystal prisms. I had a few I used to hang on my windows. Our last house had shades or shutters so I never hung them up. So I’ve been leaving them on the window ledge around the house. So i ordered about 15 more from Amazon and some little acrylic stands so they are all over the house. I have no idea how they’ll work once my shades get installed this week, but I can move them around and put them on the window sills.

Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, the sign looks GREAT! No... nothing big and green in the driveway LOL. Liam got severely outbid on both things -- thank god! Let me ask a crazy question about the prisms... is there any chance they could start a fire? I'm just thinking of when we were kids and that science experiment where we'd use a magnifying glass to catch a piece of paper on fire. I know obviously a prism and a magnifying glass aren't the same thing, but I'm just throwing that out there because I don't want any mishaps!

Today I slept super late. Liam woke me in the middle of a crazy dream where some guy named Steve had come to my house with a giant orchid as a gift. The thing was like eight feet tall and the pot was tiny and it wouldn't stand up on its own so I had to keep carrying it around with me. No idea what any of that means LOL.

I took pics for four listings and did a little general cleaning up, but it was pretty low key. I've got some stuff queued up for pics tomorrow, and I imagine we'll grill burgers or something for the holiday.

That's about all I have to report!

Hi Kids!

Happy Labor Day. Both of us labored today. I worked all day and Marty started cutting down lumber for his observatory.

Dee Jay, good deal Liam got outbid on those tractors. I have a BIL that is a wheat farmer. They replace their tractor every year, the fancy kind. They apparently aren't cheap. Thanks for putting that idea in my head about fire and prisms. I doubt they can start a fire, but I'll sure see if any of those spots get hot. I have been thinking about getting a few of those fire blankets to put around the house. Since we;re country folk now. Yee haw!

LOL to your crazy dream. Liam has competition. I get some interesting comments on my videos, Marty says it's fine as long as they don't show up at the door with candy and flowers.

I am glad you had a lazy day.

Marty got pinged about 10 p.m. last night in lieu of their tech support guy. Of course, he helped them. He got to bed about 2 a.m. And got up early. He spent the morning saw the assorted boards he bought for the observatory.

I did my livestream video on Saturn. I guess it went well. I haven't watched it yet. Then did some other tasks. I suggested we go somewhere completely different for supper so went to Olive Garden. I ordered 3 appetizers and ate a few things off each and the rest was Marty's filler. I had salad and a bread stick too. The important thing was a glass of wine.

I sent my little 2-year-old nephew a Snoopy that he got today. He was quite happy with aunt and uncle M&M.

We had some antelope visit us during lunch today. See, I am a country girl.

Laters,
Curby

Sing along: Oh give me a home, where the antelope roam ...
Oh give me a home _.jpg

Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, your life is like a real live episode of Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom! It's funny you mention the fire blankets. I saw one at my best friend's condo a few months ago and thought to myself I should get one for The North Estate. If I remember I'll order one later. We're in the mood for some new dinner places too. The local casino opened last week and Liam and I did a quick walk through on opening night. There are several restaurants in there and I think we're going to try one for my birthday dinner tomorrow. If the blackjack tables are open (which they weren't on opening day when we went through -- ???) maybe I'll make a little donation too.

Nothing too exciting going on here. I'm back in the swing of doing listings, although I seem to only get about four a day done since I sleep so late, ha ha. I've also had a mild pick-up in orders so I hope that continues. Yesterday I made a big Costco run and foolishly decided, sure, I can pick up that 40 pack of bottled water. #DeeIsNotSoBright

I've been motivated by my watch to get my calories / steps in these past few days. Last night after I cleaned up the kitchen and started the dishwasher I went into the living room to see if Liam was ready for our nightly walk. He was dead asleep so I did it myself. I'm pretty sure he didn't even know I was gone.

I need to throw the sheets in the washer, clean up the stuff I took pictures for today, pack an order, and run to the post office. That's pretty much my day in a nutshell!

Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, Happy Birthday, tomorrow! That’s funny a casino opened there. We recently had a horse betting palace open here that has a steak house. I haven’t hear boo about it though.

Did you hurt yourself picking up that case of water? I hope not. Too funny you went for a walk and Liam probably didn’t miss you. I’d have the same problem here. Marty’s generally downstairs and wouldn’t even know I was gone unless he got an alert the garage door opened or something like that.

There’s critters and bugs everywhere out here. I think I’ll order 3 of those fire blankets. One for the house, garage and observatory. Maybe get one for the basement too.

MAYBE the PITA book we’re working on at my retirement job has a plan we can pursue. It’ll be easier than what we’ve been doing. I got a migraine today and I’m sure it was triggered by stress, it happened right after we got a long email response from the guy who wrote the book. He’s 87 and stuck in his ways. Keeps me busy anyway.

We’ve been getting lots of rain today. My big excitement for the day was MAYBE our allsky camera caught a meteor at 1:30 a.m. this morning. It’s highly likely it’s a satellite because the sun is too far below the horizon by then to light them up.

We get our shades installed tomorrow. Yippee!!!

Laters,
Curby

1725506201381.jpeg

Hi KIds!

We got our shades installed today. They look great. We set the living room and stairwell ones (they are the only ones with remotes) to open and close with the sunrise and sunset. We were outside at sunset, but when we came in they had closed already.

I got a few videos done today for work. Not much else is going on. My wrist is STILL ticked off. Phooey.

Laters.
Curby

Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I was just a little sore from slinging he water around, especially my right hip (?). Getting old is not for sissies! Do your shades have sensors so they go up and down with the light? I'm glad you like them! Window treatments are so expensive. I always have to warn my real estate clients who have no clue so they aren't totally blindsided when the guy shows up and hands them a quote that can go into the five figures.

Well my birthday yesterday was just WILD with excitement. :lol: I did four listings, packed an order, went to the post office and the chiro, dug around for something I got at an estate sale on my way back from Missouri that I want to get listed this weekend (it took me FOREVER to remember where I put it, and then we went to dinner with friends. The new restaurant was pretty good and not too expensive so we're planning on going back. Dessert was fabulous and I had way more than my fair share!

Today I need to work on some listing stuff (computer-wise, not picture-wise) and figure out what's going on with three sets of Christmas dishes I have to list. In my infinite wisdom I packed the boxes at the sale where I bought everything to maximize space rather than keeping everything together by set. Seemed like a good idea at the time LOL. I think I've also finally managed to get a Facebook account (I kept failing the verification process that I was a real person !!! ), which my social media lady was pretty adamant I had to have, so now I need to figure out how to connect to my Instagram because all the Meta stuff is married together somehow. This is not my forte! And this afternoon we have to leave early (like 3:30ish) for YF's football game because it's away.

Lots to do, I better get hoppin'!

Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I’m not sure how the shades know it’s sunrise or sunset. Since they are on our network, maybe it’s based on local time. I came out to the living room around sunrise this morning and they were already up. I knew shades for our whole house would be 5 figures because they were over $15, 000 at the old house and that was about 10 years ago. Let’s just say I’m glad he gave me the 30% off coupon that I didn’t pick up at a home show plus 5% more off for paying cash. It was still ridiculous. But I was set on getting them. I bet Marty’s observatory comes in cheaper than the window coverings.

I’m glad you weren’t too sore from slinging water around. I moved all our furniture back last night but it didn’t bother me. Yay. Something I just posted on FB (you[ll have to look me up) says: Getting older is just one body part after another saying “Ha Ha, you think that’s bad! Watch this!”

That’s great you had a nice birthday and the new restaurant was good and worth going back. Especially dessert. What did you have? I ate weird today. I was hungry when we ventured out to a home show at about 2, so when Marty went through Arby’s to get an iced tea, I ordered a regular roast beef to keep for supper. But when we got home, I ate it. So supper was a few tortilla chips, a cheese stick and some ice cream. I go through spells where what I usually eat just doesn’t appeal to me. At least I brushed my teeth already so that will keep me from eating more.

I don’t know how Facebook and Instagram connect. I had FB first and my stuff just shows up on Instagram. I saw the new glasses that you posted today. They are pretty. I hope you find your Christmas dishes. I was in search of lids yesterday for the little dishes we store leftovers. I dumped them all in assorted large Tupperware containers with lids when I packed them. I found enough of them to put some in our cupboards.I had a pull out drawer with two shelves at the last house full of bowls, storage containers and lids. Now they are scattered in the panty and cupboards.

Our garage door openers have an app and apparently each garage door got opened by the app today and we don’t know how. When we got back from the home show (that was quite lame) it was open and we thought we forgot to shut it. Then after Marty left for the gym, it opened about 30 minutes later by itself again. I checked the history then and we closed it when we left earlier. I’ll have to keep an eye on what the heck that is doing. I put my stove and fridge on an app too, but they are really lame so I’ll probably remove them and delete the app.

My sister-in-law will get here Sunday for a few days. She’s staying at an RV park.

Laters,
Curby

Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, I bet you're right about the blinds using the local sunup/down times to activate. I just sent you a friend request on FB. No idea what the social media person is ultimately going to post on there... The dessert was kind of two separate things. There were two slabs of chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream in between and then what they called a Klondike bar, but instead of ice cream it had white chocolate mousse. I'm not normally a white chocolate fan, but man, I ate that up like it was my JOB! I wonder if your garage door is being triggered by something someone else nearby is using?

Liam and I went to YF's game last night. It was chillier than I thought it would be and I was glad when the wind finally let up a little. We stopped at Culvers on the way home. Unfortunately YF didn't get to play, but his team won 34 to 6.

Today I've got Christmas dishes spread out as far as the eye can see because I had to unpack all of the boxes to assess what I've really got. I'm still looking for two cups that should be around somewhere... Liam threw a roast in the crockpot this morning in deference to the fact that the high today is only in the low sixties. And the low is in the FORTIES. FORTIES. It's only the first week of September -- WTF?!

Alright, off to see what mischief I can get into!

Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that dessert sounds fabulous. LOL to eating it like it was your job. I denied - er I mean - I accepted your friend request on FB. As long as I think I’m funny …

It sounds chilly at the game last night. Once the sun goes down here, it’s at least jacket weather this time of year. Yay that YF’s team won the game. Mmm Culver’s. Speaking of jackets, we went to breakfast at about 7 and it was 52. Even Marty put on a jacket.

Good plan to sort out the Christmas dishes. It’ll be here before we know it. I’m trying to decide where the heck I can put my Snoopy Village at Christmas since our mantle has the TV on it now. I also bought all those crystal prisms, but the shades take up most of the windowsill, so no way I’m leaving them there. Marty gave me crap saying “well at least you just bought a bunch of them”. :lol:

Did you find some mischief to get in to or cause today?

After breakfast, we stopped at Lowe’s for more house chores. Marty has been cutting and screwing together sections for the observatory all day. I got suckered in to working 2 hours, but after my wrist starting complaining, I pretty much said, I gotta go. Have a great day. I didn’t get off the computer then, but I had things to do. I apparently hadn’t reconciled the July books for the gym. Marty should fire his bookkeeper. Once i figure that out, I got July and August done. Then I messed with our video from the allsky camera last night and THINK we caught a solar sail that’s tumbling at about 5 a.m. this morning.

I brewed up a batch of Snickerdoodles again. My grand-nephew is getting married on the 20th. They are a young couple and trying to keep the wedding budget manageable, so asked some of their favorite bakers to make cookies for the reception. I think I’ll made some peanut butter - chocolate chip ones and something else to take. I’m loving all the countertop space I have here.

My sister-in-law is arriving tomorrow for a few days.

#thrillometernot

Laters,
Curby

Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I've been looking at other people's FB page in an effort to see how this is going to work. My friend who makes the cowhide bags has her FB page in the name of her business, but the jewelry lady has it in her own name even though all of her posts are business related. Who knows... I like the wedding cookie idea! A lady bought a bunch of my vintage cake stands for her daughter's wedding. They are doing cupcakes and wanted to put eight on each table on a cake stand. It sounds like a cute idea to me! When Bill and I got married we eloped in Las Vegas and our "cake" was twinkies out of the little convenience store of some casino LOL.

I didn't get into any real mischief yesterday, but I did take Billy Ray on a 50 mile drive and then stop at Home Goods and Target on the way back (all I bought was granola bars!). Today I took videos for eight listings but only got the pics done for one of them. I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again -- these stupid videos take so much time!

Liam just ran out to pick up a pizza. I've already packed up my two orders from today and tonight's big adventure will be doing my nails, which are long overdue. Fascinating stuff here at The North Estate!

Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I like the idea of cake plates for each table with cupcakes at a wedding. I’ve been to quite a few weddings where they do cupcakes. I hope you get more traffic from FB. Too cute you and Bill had Twinkie's when you eloped.

Nice to take BR for a drive. I might take the Curbymobile for a spin tomorrow. I need milk. Heading in to the big city …

I’m with you on how long videos take to make. They seem to consume a lot of my time. I think they’ll work good for your site.

TBE has about as much excitement as the North Estate. My SIL came over earlier today. She left when Marty headed to the gym this afternoon. I think she is heading out on Thursday again.

Our shades didn’t automatically close at sunset tonight. They did close with my remote though. If it happens tomorrow, I’ll email the guy I bought them from.

Laters,
Curby

Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I thought of you and your fancy shades last night! The bedroom that I slept in had a street light shining in the window so bright I could literally read by it. All night long. I realized when I finally decided to get up this morning there was a shade over it that I could have pulled own, but it blended in wo well with the rest of the decor I never noticed it. Duh!

Well I'm having quite the week! Yesterday I came downtown and had lunch with one of my old work colleagues, then I went to my friends' for dinner and to spend the night. Today I had lunch with my old boss, coffee with the guy who took my role when I left, and now I'm killing time at a Starbucks while I wait for my other friend to get home from work so I can see her. I've visited one Salvation Army and one Goodwill in the city (only purchase was a champagne flute for 48 cents LOL) and I've cruised my old neighborhoods.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my new accountant to figure out what's going on with my corporate tax return -- which is due next Monday. I fell like the questions he wants to go over are the same ones I already gave him answers for when we first met last spring, but whatever, I just need to get this return done and filed!

Alright, off to take advance of the rest room and move along to a new spot because everyone here is sharing way too much of their personal life in way too loud a voice. The lady to the left of me is having some pretty weird side effect from a new medication she's on... the two guys to the right of me are b!tching about all the "stupid sh!t their boss makes them do to customers to increase sales" (and have used their actual company name several times in the conversation)... you get the picture. Yikes people; you're in PUBLIC. Zip it!

Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, ugh to having a bright light in your face all night. I can’t sleep when there’s light in the room. I hope you sleep better tonight.

You had quite a busy tine in the city catching up with many friends and colleagues. And you found some a new treasure.

Good luck with your new accountant. I turned in my 3rd quarter payment the other day..

LOL to the drama people share and do in public. People, that’s TMI! That’s like social media, some people put stuff on there I’d only tell you in a text and not in on our daily blog. Ha Ha. I’’m enjoying my country living.

I got some videos done today between visiting with my SIL. She’ll be leaving in the morning already. We all went to dinner tonight and Marty skipped going to the gym.

The wind here has completely frayed the edge of the two flags we put up out front and blew the top dome off. It literally unscrewed itself and blew the little dome and screw off by about 15 feet. It broke the solar light that comes on to shine on the flag at night. Marty went and bought a solar light and put it on the pole facing up toward the flag. He has to rewire and glue the solar light to put back on top. So much for it’s all rated for high wind. Out here, we need to be finding things that can stand hurricane force winds.

Laters,
Curby

Happy Friday, Kids!

Marty is getting cranky with all the lack of customer service trying to get things done for his observatory. He submitted a form Tuesday for utilities to come be marked. No number to call and they never showed today to mark anything. He rented a trencher to dig down two feet to run electric wire out there. He has to get it inspected after the wiring is done, he can't find who does that and they respond in 5 days after your done. WTH?

I worked on videos most of the day. Such fun. I'm off to read my book now.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby

Today's sunrise:

Sunrise Sep 13.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results