shape
carat
color
clarity

Help picking a sparkling 2.5ct round solitaire

Awesome, thank you.

I think the below is slightly out of my price range... but based on the group's comments, if I were to "splurge" on something more, I assume this one (below) would be favorable? Not sure I can justify a nearly 30k price difference between the two unless someone here talks me into it!

It is a beautiful diamond! Guess it all depends on how much you are willing to spend. Upgrades are always possible unless you are willing to hit the holy grail now!

I mainly just wanted to consider options from other vendors and I thought the 2.74 looked good

You're really not going to do better than an ACA. Just figure out your budget, color and clarity needs, and go from there. You don't have to worry about cut, which is the most important criteria. That's already been done for you. I think the G VS2 is the overall pick from the people here who are pretty darn good at picking out stones. That stone, in the Vatche setting that has been recommended with your preferred prongs, will give you an elegant, beautiful ring.

No I would not increase my budget 30k. Not unless I was very wealthy. But it’s like double the budget which is not commenting I would ever typically suggest.

Checking in to see if you’ve made any decisions :)

First of all- thanks to you, and all the others in this thread for your help and guidance.

As it currently stands- I think the 2.6G VS2 is the consensus winner. I haven't pulled the trigger yet but am placing it on hold... while I continue to torture myself with a few alternatives. But it does seem to offer a great value and gets me almost everything I want.

I love the proportions and sparkle of the 2.6 G VS2 in the videos and pictures. I assume it is magnificent in person... as are all of the diamonds on this website! But

She only has a 4.5 ring size, so actually thinking that 2.6 should be the maximum size unless someone thinks otherwise.

I think the 2.62 G VS2 mentioned here earlier is going to be the one to beat... that being said, wondering of course what you, or anyone else might think of other options. I realize I have gotten great advice so far although with a purchase of this magnitude I just want to make really sure I am doing my due diligence. For some reason the idea of it being a VS2 bothers me some although WF helped me verify it shoudl definitely be "eye clean".

At the end of the day, all I care about most is something with great shine/brilliance/color. Thank you again so much everyone on this forum for helping steering me to the ACA within WF. She is not a collector or anything... just a girl who wants a sparkly diamond!

First of all- thanks to you, and all the others in this thread for your help and guidance.

As it currently stands- I think the 2.6G VS2 is the consensus winner. I haven't pulled the trigger yet but am placing it on hold... while I continue to torture myself with a few alternatives. But it does seem to offer a great value and gets me almost everything I want.

I love the proportions and sparkle of the 2.6 G VS2 in the videos and pictures. I assume it is magnificent in person... as are all of the diamonds on this website! But

She only has a 4.5 ring size, so actually thinking that 2.6 should be the maximum size unless someone thinks otherwise.

I think the 2.62 G VS2 mentioned here earlier is going to be the one to beat... that being said, wondering of course what you, or anyone else might think of other options. I realize I have gotten great advice so far although with a purchase of this magnitude I just want to make really sure I am doing my due diligence. For some reason the idea of it being a VS2 bothers me some although WF helped me verify it shoudl definitely be "eye clean".

At the end of the day, all I care about most is something with great shine/brilliance/color. Thank you again so much everyone on this forum for helping steering me to the ACA within WF. She is not a collector or anything... just a girl who wants a sparkly diamond!

I honestly think - particularly for the money - that the 2.62 is the way to go. Ask Whiteflash to do a video comparison for you of the 2.62 and the 2.52. They are happy to do this and hopefully you will be able to see any difference that might be important to you. I think talking directly to them will help give you some peace of mind as well. They truly go above and beyond in terms of customer service and having you feel comfortable moving forward with whatever you choose.
For those of us who were engaged or married with so-so diamonds back in the day, I think we would have all been thrilled to have received an ACA diamond as an engagement ring. She will be the envy of all of her friends even though she sounds like a very down to earth type of person. She will be getting excellent size, color and clarity right off the bat - lucky lady! I am excited for you both!

I honestly think - particularly for the money - that the 2.62 is the way to go. Ask Whiteflash to do a video comparison for you of the 2.62 and the 2.52. They are happy to do this and hopefully you will be able to see any difference that might be important to you. I think talking directly to them will help give you some peace of mind as well. They truly go above and beyond in terms of customer service and having you feel comfortable moving forward with whatever you choose.
For those of us who were engaged or married with so-so diamonds back in the day, I think we would have all been thrilled to have received an ACA diamond as an engagement ring. She will be the envy of all of her friends even though she sounds like a very down to earth type of person. She will be getting excellent size, color and clarity right off the bat - lucky lady! I am excited for you both!

Thank you! They did in fact do a series of video comparisons. I wish I could tell or notice a difference in any of them, other than size. That being said the 2.52 and 2.6 look identical in size. Part of wants to think that the 2.52 is a little "whiter" but I can't say I am sophisticated to notice. I'm going to continue browsing other options in the 2.2-2.6 ct range... as always, open to your suggestions and feedback :) Thank you for all you have collectively done to help me

I also really appreciate the advice RE the rings. The vatche option discussed here earlier seems nice. Currently deciding on Gold and Platinum... the diamond will be a surprise but I'm going to let her pick that part or any other ring options etc.

Thank you! They did in fact do a series of video comparisons. I wish I could tell or notice a difference in any of them, other than size. That being said the 2.52 and 2.6 look identical in size. Part of wants to think that the 2.52 is a little "whiter" but I can't say I am sophisticated to notice. I'm going to continue browsing other options in the 2.2-2.6 ct range... as always, open to your suggestions and feedback :) Thank you for all you have collectively done to help me

I also really appreciate the advice RE the rings. The vatche option discussed here earlier seems nice. Currently deciding on Gold and Platinum... the diamond will be a surprise but I'm going to let her pick that part or any other ring options etc.

Are you able to share the video comparisons with us? I honestly could not recommend a better diamond for you given your requirements and budget. I really have to caution about reserving any diamond you seriously think you might want to purchase. On the other hand, don’t jump to buy if you are not certain. They will reserve a Diamond for you for a couple of days unless you want more time than that to look around. I honestly don’t know what other factors might influence your decision, but it is your decision. Best of luck to you - please come back and let us know whatever you decide!

Are you able to share the video comparisons with us? I honestly could not recommend a better diamond for you given your requirements and budget. I really have to caution about reserving any diamond you seriously think you might want to purchase. On the other hand, don’t jump to buy if you are not certain. They will reserve a Diamond for you for a couple of days unless you want more time than that to look around. I honestly don’t know what other factors might influence your decision, but it is your decision. Best of luck to you - please come back and let us know whatever you decide!

Maybe. I think so?
The file names shows the 3 diamonds being compared in each... all of which have been discussed on this thread. They are on the finger in the same order the are listed in the file name (first name= closest to hand)

Maybe. I think so?
The file names shows the 3 diamonds being compared in each... all of which have been discussed on this thread. They are on the finger in the same order the are listed in the file name (first name= closest to hand)

Well, don’t discount what you see with your own eyes. You don’t have to be an expert (none of us here except for trade) are experts either. Your eyes tell you what you think. They can also put three of these diamonds on a white paper and do those side by side videos. I think the lighting can sometimes be tricky on a finger because they aren’t all on the same level. Ask Becca to lay them flat on a white paper tray for another video. You want to make sure that you are liking what you are seeing. Bear in mind too that if you were looking at the diamonds individually, you wouldn’t notice as much as a difference. However, I would want you to feel confident in what you are buying.

Reactions: CB3
Well, don’t discount what you see with your own eyes. You don’t have to be an expert (none of us here except for trade) are experts either. Your eyes tell you what you think. They can also put three of these diamonds on a white paper and do those side by side videos. I think the lighting can sometimes be tricky on a finger because they aren’t all on the same level. Ask Becca to lay them flat on a white paper tray for another video. You want to make sure that you are liking what you are seeing. Bear in mind too that if you were looking at the diamonds individually, you wouldn’t notice as much as a difference. However, I would want you to feel confident in what you are buying.

Did the videos come through and help at all?

They have been awesome at WF and seem to have nothing negative to say about any of the diamonds though, so not totally helpful.

You can't go wrong with any of these stones.

Did the videos come through and help at all?

They have been awesome at WF and seem to have nothing negative to say about any of the diamonds though, so not totally helpful.

I did get the links - thanks! I see that the 2.62 is now sold - was it sold to you?

In F & G diamonds of that cut quality, it is hard to find a negative. You can see the uniformity of cut of those four diamonds in the video. Budget and size are truly the things to choose from in those four stones.

Whoever snagged that 2.62 got a beaut!! I hope it was you CB3!

Thanks all. Yes it was me! I put a deposit down on it, a temporary hold, there is a chance that another diamond becomes available in the next week or so if I wanted to forever reason switch to that, my deposit would carry over.

Thanks all. Yes it was me! I put a deposit down on it, a temporary hold, there is a chance that another diamond becomes available in the next week or so if I wanted to forever reason switch to that, my deposit would carry over.

Yahoo! I was afraid a lurker had snatched it up! You will not be disappointed and most importantly, neither will she. At that size, trading up may never be an issue. A nice pair of ACA diamond studs for a wedding gift or future anniversary might be in your future though - lol! A wedding ring for you featuring a smaller ACA diamond would be a nice touch too! You are either loving or hating me at this point but just know how happy I am for the both of you! Did you decide on a setting?

lol... just pull the trigger! There will not be "better". Just minutely different and not in a way you will see with your eyes when worn and enjoyed.

This will be huge on her tiny finger in the best way possible.

lol... just pull the trigger! There will not be "better". Just minutely different and not in a way you will see with your eyes when worn and enjoyed.

This will be huge on her tiny finger in the best way possible.

Totally agree. Just pull the trigger!

Thank you all so much! I actually tried to send a Private Message to a few of you thanking you, including MissGotRocks Lovdogs and Lavenderdragonfly (AS WELL AS EVERYONE ELSE!!) becase you guys are so awesome and I wanted to connect with you and just say thank you. But since I am not smart enough to figure out how to do that- thank you all!

I did put a deposit down on the 2.62G Becca and her team are so awesome. I will probably hem and haw for a bit and torture myself looking at other options for a few days while I look at settings :)

I haven't totally decided yet but I do really like the Vatche 1133 6 prong that so many of you have recommended for this diamond. I want something simple and traditional- yet elegent. I think the stone is big enough to "stand on its own" especially on such a small finger (4.5) and I want to make sure it is the star of the show.

While I love my soon to be fiance to death... she hasn't been much help other than saying "surprise me" and I know she just wants a solitaire. I assume 6 prong is the way to go with a stone this size?

I personally like both platinum and traditional gold... I like the idea of thin, tabbed prongs, with a medium setting of the stone. That being said there are so many good options, including a whiteflash band that looks pretty damn similar to the one that I see from Vatche.

I'm going to keep talking to the team at WF (as well as you all here as long as you're patient enough to put up with me...) but am leaning towards the 2.62G VS2 stone and the vatche 1133. I wish I could say this was fun for me... I am a perfectionist and just want it to be perfect and am a bit overwhelmed by all the data/choices and options here and will be the first to admit that I don't have the best taste in style, fashion, etc...

Thanks for being such an awesome group!

Thank you all so much! I actually tried to send a Private Message to a few of you thanking you, including MissGotRocks Lovdogs and Lavenderdragonfly (AS WELL AS EVERYONE ELSE!!) becase you guys are so awesome and I wanted to connect with you and just say thank you. But since I am not smart enough to figure out how to do that- thank you all!

I did put a deposit down on the 2.62G Becca and her team are so awesome. I will probably hem and haw for a bit and torture myself looking at other options for a few days while I look at settings :)

I haven't totally decided yet but I do really like the Vatche 1133 6 prong that so many of you have recommended for this diamond. I want something simple and traditional- yet elegent. I think the stone is big enough to "stand on its own" especially on such a small finger (4.5) and I want to make sure it is the star of the show.

While I love my soon to be fiance to death... she hasn't been much help other than saying "surprise me" and I know she just wants a solitaire. I assume 6 prong is the way to go with a stone this size?

I personally like both platinum and traditional gold... I like the idea of thin, tabbed prongs, with a medium setting of the stone. That being said there are so many good options, including a whiteflash band that looks pretty damn similar to the one that I see from Vatche.

I'm going to keep talking to the team at WF (as well as you all here as long as you're patient enough to put up with me...) but am leaning towards the 2.62G VS2 stone and the vatche 1133. I wish I could say this was fun for me... I am a perfectionist and just want it to be perfect and am a bit overwhelmed by all the data/choices and options here and will be the first to admit that I don't have the best taste in style, fashion, etc...

Thanks for being such an awesome group!

There are no private messages here so it has nothing to do with how smart you are! I appreciate the gesture and I am sure the others do as well.
The Vatche u113 is a very nice setting. Anyone who has cared about a Tiffany look alike has gone with that setting. Six prongs gives extra protection for the stone and helps accentuate the round shape of the stone as well. There are other look alike solitaires but my take on the Vatche is that it is a heavier, more substantial setting. I think it would be perfect with a diamond of your size. A solitaire will allow you many wedding band choices and I think its original prong is tab. You can search for that setting here; there are many that have chosen it. It was clear from the beginning that you were a perfectionist and that was a big factor in moving you toward that diamond. The setting will complete a perfect ring. I think your girl’s humble attitude - as opposed to demanding - is sweet. Her requirements were minimal and she is sure to be thrilled with the ring.
The Whiteflash team is so warm and welcoming. I have worked with Becca several times and recognized her hand in the videos! I was able to go to Whiteflash several years ago and was so impressed with the whole organization. I am glad you were able to click with them as well. They will chat and hand hold as long as you need them! The idea of finding your own stone is romantic and enthralling but with the price of diamonds, it is best to have professionals to interact with and help you. The PS forum has been immensely helpful to me and others as well. You will now have some experience to be able to lend a hand to others if you choose. Keep us posted - decisions or rambling thoughts!

I would go classic platinum in that setting as it is more in keeping with the style and unless your gf says she wants yellow gold it is a safer choice. It will never go out of style.

No problem! Your girlfriend is incredibly lucky to have someone so caring and thoughtful. I know plenty of guys who stumbled into a shopping mall jewelry store and just picked something random in 5 minutes - not even bothering to educate themselves and relied solely on the person selling the ring. You have taken enough care into educating yourself and reaching out to others for their opinions.

I’m so happy you put a deposit down! The diamond you picked is gorgeous!!! I definitely prefer a six prong with a round diamond. Four prongs can square off a round diamond- in my opinion. I love Platinum. It’s stronger and more durable. Platinum is also timeless and classic. Something I think that’s important in a piece you plan on wearing for a very long time.

Defiantly comeback with lots of pictures and let us know how the proposal goes! I love happy endings, and you are off to a great start! ❤️

@CB3 - check out Sue16 thread in Show Me The Bling forum. She just got a 2.55 G ACA in a VatcheU113 setting. She has some great pics in the thread - didn’t want to copy and paste the whole thing in your thread. Her size is 4.5 too so should give you a good idea of size!

@CB3 - check out Sue16 thread in Show Me The Bling forum. She just got a 2.55 G ACA in a VatcheU113 setting. She has some great pics in the thread - didn’t want to copy and paste the whole thing in your thread. Her size is 4.5 too so should give you a good idea of size!

Tx!

At this point I'm just really debating between yellow gold and platinum!

Tx!

At this point I'm just really debating between yellow gold and platinum!

Well, what color metal is her other jewelry? I'd go with that, or if she wears both, if you can do this with the Vatche, YG shank and platinum prongs?

The yellow gold with platinum prongs gives you a bit of the mixed metal look. She could choose whichever color she wants for a wedding band. At this point, I think it would be wise to have a discussion with her about the metal color. You have chosen the diamond and ring type she wants, so I think she would be fine with giving her opinion on metal choice. That doesn’t spoil the surprise of it all, even though she wanted you to choose for her. Younger folks sometimes lean more toward platinum, but yellow gold seems to really be on trend now. The yellow gold/platinum head is a bit less expensive though that might not be the most important factor at this point.

The yellow gold with platinum prongs gives you a bit of the mixed metal look. She could choose whichever color she wants for a wedding band. At this point, I think it would be wise to have a discussion with her about the metal color. You have chosen the diamond and ring type she wants, so I think she would be fine with giving her opinion on metal choice. That doesn’t spoil the surprise of it all, even though she wanted you to choose for her. Younger folks sometimes lean more toward platinum, but yellow gold seems to really be on trend now. The yellow gold/platinum head is a bit less expensive though that might not be the most important factor at this point.

Thanks!

I think platinum looks good and will make the diamond sparkle great... Seen so many nice options on here

A little unsure what the gold would look like but I'm sure I can find pic somewhere

Thanks!

I think platinum looks good and will make the diamond sparkle great... Seen so many nice options on here

A little unsure what the gold would look like but I'm sure I can find pic somewhere

Platinum does look nice. Here is a thread with a PSer who got the setting in yellow gold with platinum prongs. She has some nice pictures in it. Gives you a visual if you are still on the fence. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wf-aca-engagement-ring-upgrade-is-here.276652/

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP