carat
color
clarity

Help picking a sparkling 2.5ct round solitaire

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are too good to me! Thank you! Maybe somehow I'll be able to return a favor

No, we just pay it forward! This is a great place for knowledge and information. If any of us can help with someone trying to make a choice, we do what we can. No worries! We only ask for pictures when you have put it all together - we love pictures - lol!!

CB3

Rough_Rock
No, we just pay it forward! This is a great place for knowledge and information. If any of us can help with someone trying to make a choice, we do what we can. No worries! We only ask for pictures when you have put it all together - we love pictures - lol!!

Welp- just finalized my order! So thankful for all of the help and advice I have received. I will keep you all updated!!! Thanks!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welp- just finalized my order! So thankful for all of the help and advice I have received. I will keep you all updated!!! Thanks!!

Congratulations! You did your due diligence and have ended up with a beauty! Can’t wait to see your pictures!

CB3

Rough_Rock
I got "proofs" today and some photos.

What do you all think?

It is pretty close to what I expected.

I think I was going to ask them to round off the prongs a little bit more

Maybe take a little bit of bulk off of the prongs from the side?

Maybe make them a little bit smaller when looking from top down?

Really hoping to get some thoughts feedback from you all as well!

Thank you again!

Attachments

• 2 (2).jpg
    2 (2).jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 2 (1).jpg
    2 (1).jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Vatche-6-Prong-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-from-Whiteflash_85737_89297_ttr.jpg
    Vatche-6-Prong-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-from-Whiteflash_85737_89297_ttr.jpg
    547.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Vatche-6-Prong-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-from-Whiteflash_85737_89297_top.jpg
    Vatche-6-Prong-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-from-Whiteflash_85737_89297_top.jpg
    566.2 KB · Views: 73

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous! I believe that the setting is delivered from Vatche just as it is made - prongs and all. You could ask them about shaving some of the outsides of the prong as long as it doesn’t compromise the safety of the diamond. I think it looks beautiful as is but if you think the prongs look too ‘bulky’, then by all means ask them before the ring ships. Other than that, what are your thoughts on the ring?

CB3

Rough_Rock
It is gorgeous! I believe that the setting is delivered from Vatche just as it is made - prongs and all. You could ask them about shaving some of the outsides of the prong as long as it doesn’t compromise the safety of the diamond. I think it looks beautiful as is but if you think the prongs look too ‘bulky’, then by all means ask them before the ring ships. Other than that, what are your thoughts on the ring?

Overall I am super pleased with it. They also sent a video, which I'm having trouble posting online, but it shows a ton of fire. I guess I'm honestly a little worried about being at this point a little too big for the finger and snagging on things. That being said I suppose that is a good problem to have!

I don't know why I am so hung up on the look from the side and maybe minimizing the prongs, but like you all said, I think it is fantastic as is. I will probably obsess over it for the next few days and maybe keep discussing with you all as long as you can tolerate me!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful. I don't think it needs it, but if you do, you could ask for the outside of the prongs to be shaved a tiny bit, as @MissGotRocks mentions. But I don't think they will "snag" on things as they are. That is more a function of them fitting the diamond properly.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Overall I am super pleased with it. They also sent a video, which I'm having trouble posting online, but it shows a ton of fire. I guess I'm honestly a little worried about being at this point a little too big for the finger and snagging on things. That being said I suppose that is a good problem to have!

I don't know why I am so hung up on the look from the side and maybe minimizing the prongs, but like you all said, I think it is fantastic as is. I will probably obsess over it for the next few days and maybe keep discussing with you all as long as you can tolerate me!

I don’t think it will snag on things. The prongs are smooth and should sit firmly on the diamond. It will look huge at first but they do shrink with time - lol! I am excited for her to receive this magnificent ring for her engagement. She is a lucky girl indeed. Many of us have been upgrading for years to try to achieve this size and cut quality. We will listen to you as long as you need to talk and worry - ha! I am still lobbying for you to have a small ACA in a wedding band so you will also have your own light show. You have been very generous - now it could be your turn! Your tolerance may run out before mine will!! I just feel that you really appreciate this level of quality so why not treat yourself?

Reactions: CB3

newtojewels

Brilliant_Rock
Well it just doesn't get more classic and elegant than that!

Your stone is bigger and better but here it is next to the Tiffany for prongs comparison. Note that the lens on the Whiteflash photos will make the prongs look bigger than the Tiffany. I think you technically could go smaller but there's really no need -- plus you want to make sure that your stone is safe and protected. It's a lovely and classic look, not heavy at all.

1722560441891.png

jjca

Shiny_Rock
I love it! It’s gorgeous!

Shannon72781

Shiny_Rock
I have the same setting and was also worried about the prongs looking bulky - I can tell you they are NOT in real life. The camera exaggerated it. Mine is 2.28 ct on a size 3.5 finger and I feel like it is dainty and elegant. The prongs also do not snag, they are quite smooth.

Just some input from a fellow owner! Your ring is gorgeous indeed!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the up-close pictures always tend to give us pause because it makes the prongs stand out. In reality, when most of us receive
our items we're quite surprised at how tiny the prongs actually are. By prongs, you're referring to the tips, right? You
might inquire about softening the thickness of them as they come over the stone if its really bothering you but I dont
think it needs it. This setting is such a beautiful classic!

CB3

Rough_Rock
Well it just doesn't get more classic and elegant than that!

Your stone is bigger and better but here it is next to the Tiffany for prongs comparison. Note that the lens on the Whiteflash photos will make the prongs look bigger than the Tiffany. I think you technically could go smaller but there's really no need -- plus you want to make sure that your stone is safe and protected. It's a lovely and classic look, not heavy at all.

1722560441891.png

Thanks! When you say go smaller do you mean on the sides of top?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks perfect as is. These highly magnified photos make everything look big. In person it’s all really delicate.

CB3

Rough_Rock
It's beautiful. I don't think it needs it, but if you do, you could ask for the outside of the prongs to be shaved a tiny bit, as @MissGotRocks mentions. But I don't think they will "snag" on things as they are. That is more a function of them fitting the diamond properly.

Thanks. I was considering asking them to shave/debulk the base of the prongs, where they come out of the basket area. They just looked a little bigger/wider than I was expecting there. What would your thoughts be on that?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WF did an outstanding job on your prongs, perfect really. I wouldn’t ask for any adjustments to those prongs.

CB3

Rough_Rock
WF did an outstanding job on your prongs, perfect really. I wouldn’t ask for any adjustments to those prongs.

Awesome, thank you for your insight! I'm going to try to post the video soon. Am I crazy for thinking the view from the side shows a little more bulk/width than some of the other similar rings on PS?

I think I just need to accept the fact that these are likely highly magnified images

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, they are very highly magnified images. The photos on Becca’s finger give you the best real life perspective.
I have the Vatche U113 with the exact same size diamond as yours, so believe me when I say your ring looks outstanding! However, it’s your decision

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. I was considering asking them to shave/debulk the base of the prongs, where they come out of the basket area. They just looked a little bigger/wider than I was expecting there. What would your thoughts be on that?

I wouldn't do that. They don't look bulky to me , and I would think shaving the base of the prongs would weaken them a bit. I really think once you see it you'll see that nothing about the ring looks bulky at all.

CB3

Rough_Rock
Thanks all. So glad I found this forum and you all are just so incredibly helpful, knowledgeable, and generous with your time. if anyone still has the patience to discuss/review this... I just linked a video. Still just a little nervous to pull the trigger on this without a little more insight/help! I appreciate the re-assurance RE the size of the prongs, appearance, etc. I don't know why I am hung up on the size of the prongs from the side- they just look a little bigger and wider than I was expecting coming out of the basket but again I appreciate everyone's help and opinions!

More than anything I just want a diamond/setting with FIRE, brilliance, maximum sparkle and a setting that really shows that off! Thanks again for all of your help! Link of video below

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is what a well made designer setting built to last a lifetime looks like. I think people are sometimes disappointed because they imagine something that isn’t realistic. I think it’s better to embrace what you end up with rather than obsess over deviations from a fantasy that didn’t exist. This is a huge diamond. It needs support. The setting is gorgeous.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I think you are letting your imagination get the better of you. It is a beautiful ring - many feel that it is the closest resemblance to the Tiffany setting. The prongs flair from the bottom creating a ‘cupcake’ effect around the diamond. Very elegant and beautiful! I think you will love it when you receive it. If I ever decide to change my three stone ring to a solitaire, it will be my ring of choice!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the others, and honestly, don't know what you are thinking that the prongs should look like or how they should be thinner. They truly are not bulky at all, and as I mentioned above, you don't want them to be weakened by fiddling with them. The ring is perfect as it is!

CB3

Rough_Rock
I’m just curious, is there an inspiration ring or pictures that you are using for comparison that makes you feel your prongs are too thick?

Again I think it is fabulous as is... and am super happy with it. That being said I just can't get a feel for how the prongs are going to look from the side.

A few have pointed me to this thread, but the setting by @Sue16 I thought looked absolutely stunning- in all ways. Was trying to replicate that. Maybe I am just playing mind games but it seemed as if @Sue16 prongs were a little less wide at the base. There are a few photos in this thread

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yours vs Sue’s. They look nearly identical to me in terms of the prong size. Yours might be set a little higher which means Sue’s basket is more open. I don’t know if this would be apparent in person or if there is even a difference in real life.

IMG_3390.jpeg
IMG_3391.jpeg

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock
LOVE!!!!! It’s PERFRCT!!!! I wouldn’t change a thing!
In fact, please post a hundred more pics when you get her!!! :kiss2:

CB3

Rough_Rock
Yours vs Sue’s. They look nearly identical to me in terms of the prong size. Yours might be set a little higher which means Sue’s basket is more open. I don’t know if this would be apparent in person or if there is even a difference in real life.

IMG_3390.jpeg
IMG_3391.jpeg

Thanks so much for that.

That's super helpful!! Honestly the both look fabulous to me. I do see what you mean about @Sue16 prongs/basket setting just a little bit lower.

I am not sure if this is worth me obsessing over any further or not but really appreciate the comparison!!

What do you think?

Will be on a long skinny size 4.25 finger

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results