shape
carat
color
clarity

Help picking a sparkling 2.5ct round solitaire

I just want to echo that we see a lot of settings on Instagram or in ads or even in real life that are basically temporary because they're so thin. A lot of people haven't seen quality jewelry and are basically used to the jewelry equivalent of fast fashion. Your setting is not the daintiest setting in the universe but that also isn't a reasonable goal for jewelry that is meant to be worn for a lifetime. Instead of being wimpy, your ring is classic, elegant, refined, high-end, and so so sparkly! Bring it to a grocery store or Costco if you don't want to go to a jewelry store but still want to see it put on an extra impressive light show. And definitely make sure it's clean when you propose, diamonds get dirty so quickly! I keep a baby toothbrush and some dish soap in the shower to clean my jewelry, other people use and love ultrasonic cleaners.

It’s absolutely gorgeous! I’m so glad you heeded the advice to see it in person before making any modifications.
Please, after you make sure it’s perfectly clean, put it away in a safe place until you present it to your girl.

Tx all..it's crazy to me how different it looks in
It’s absolutely gorgeous! I’m so glad you heeded the advice to see it in person before making any modifications.
Please, after you make sure it’s perfectly clean, put it away in a safe place until you present it to your girl.

Thanks.

I do think it's likely just dirty, I ran some soapy water on it and that made it look even better. I keep trying to convince myself it's not the inclusions (VS2).

I cant stop staring at it ... It's like the ocean... Can look at the same view for hours but it always looks different and never gets old.

Tx all..it's crazy to me how different it looks in

Thanks.

I do think it's likely just dirty, I ran some soapy water on it and that made it look even better. I keep trying to convince myself it's not the inclusions (VS2).

I cant stop staring at it ... It's like the ocean... Can look at the same view for hours but it always looks different and never gets old.

I am so glad you went with the ACA! I knew you were the type to truly appreciate it. It is gorgeous!
Dawn dishwashing liquid will be your friend - it cuts grease beautifully! I wash and dry my ring every time I take it off as I love it to be sparkling clean.
Take it to Home Depot or a grocery store. That lighting will blow you away too. Sunlight filtered under a green, leafy tree is beautiful too.
We are excited for your proposal - don’t know if you are planning something big or just a special, private moment between you two. Just be sure to grace us with lots of pics afterward. You can take more now too if you want - lol!
Then it will be time to think about a wedding band. Check back with us on that too - lots of info to be had!

Wow! Seriously - enjoy staring at it in every lighting environment you did well (and so did WF). Congrats

I feel very confident you are not seeing the inclusions. I can barely see inclusions in my SI2 and I1 old cut diamonds! If you want to set your mind at ease look at the clarity plot. It will tell you where the grade making inclusions are (you will not be able to see anything that isn’t plotted with the naked eye). Though of course inclusions don’t move from side to side as you change viewing direction lol

it's gorgeous and I'm so glad you didn't ask for any modifications before seeing it in person. The setting looks perfect, and you can't beat an ACA for all the things you hope a diamond will be. She is going to be thrilled. You went about this in a painstaking manner and it definitely paid off. Please keep us posted on the proposal.

I too doubt that you are seeing inclusions without magnification. The precision of the cut will show most inconsistencies you see to be the same on the opposite side. Just a manifestation of the cut - not inclusions. An exception would be a black crystal or maybe a feather, but even those, in a VS2, would probably not be readily visible. Just enjoy those sparkles - I feel like I have a kaleidoscope on my hand that I can enjoy anytime I want! Still rooting for you to get one of your own in a band - think about it!!

Haha thank you! I work with my hands and beat them up quite a bit so probably not the best choice for me.

Is it a bad sign I'm already looking at earing/studs?

I just can't stop looking at this thing. Again I'm still getting used to it... not entirely what I was expecting but super pleased with it. The stone shines like hell, I do think washing it was all it needed. The setting is a bit bulkier/more substantial when viewed head-on, although I think some of that is just because the ring is a small size (4.25) and a bigger stone. But like you all said it's made to last a lifetime and I can tell its quality all-around. I am going to present it to her hopefully by the end of the month and then at that point discuss the options for tweaking/resizing etc. but I think it is great "as-is" and I know the stone itself is a stunner. I took it to a local place to get it appraised independently and they didn't really seem to understand it's proportions etc... although were still fairly impressed with it.

I can see why people on here and folks in general are so enamored with these things... I feel like I can get lost staring at it for hours!

Haha thank you! I work with my hands and beat them up quite a bit so probably not the best choice for me.

Is it a bad sign I'm already looking at earing/studs?

I just can't stop looking at this thing. Again I'm still getting used to it... not entirely what I was expecting but super pleased with it. The stone shines like hell, I do think washing it was all it needed. The setting is a bit bulkier/more substantial when viewed head-on, although I think some of that is just because the ring is a small size (4.25) and a bigger stone. But like you all said it's made to last a lifetime and I can tell its quality all-around. I am going to present it to her hopefully by the end of the month and then at that point discuss the options for tweaking/resizing etc. but I think it is great "as-is" and I know the stone itself is a stunner. I took it to a local place to get it appraised independently and they didn't really seem to understand it's proportions etc... although were still fairly impressed with it.

I can see why people on here and folks in general are so enamored with these things... I feel like I can get lost staring at it for hours!
It has been my experience that many jewelers/appraisers don’t have experience with true super ideal cut diamonds. I have been told ‘oh, we carry those’ (no they don’t, not even close) to ‘that is really just a gimmick with no truth to it’ (uh, take a look at it!) to ‘wow that is a beautiful diamond - where did you purchase it?’ An appraiser that I have known for years still insists that a round diamond is just classified as a round brilliant cut diamond - angles aside. I just don’t think they have had experience with these diamonds and try to downplay the super ideal cut aspect. Our exposure is limited too to a certain number of vendors so I guess overall, this is not surprising.

Earrings already? No surprise! The ACA diamonds are almost addictive. I added studs and a pendant. They also make tennis bracelets with ACA diamonds upon request. They would make nice gifts for wedding, birthday or anniversary. Can’t wait to hear her reaction to the ring.
The setting is substantial but for a ring designed to last a lifetime, it will do its job well. I am sure she will love it and I am excited for you both!

Last edited:
HI:

Look at it in the fridge. BEST lighting evah!!

cheers--Sharon

Attachments

• 20240812_200529.jpg
    20240812_200529.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 20240812_200611.jpg
    20240812_200611.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 20240812_200627.jpg
    20240812_200627.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 53
@CB3 just wondering if you proposed and how it went! Would love to know her thoughts!

Reactions: CB3
@CB3 just wondering if you proposed and how it went! Would love to know her thoughts!

Your ears must have been burning. My fiance and I were actually just meaning to post an update.. she said yes!

We are really enjoying the ring. It initially needed to be resized, as I was way off (ended up being a 3.75).

But that was a fairly easy fix, and we sent it back to WF, and now it is fitting great on her hand.

We couldn't be more happy with it. You all were so incredibly patient to help me with so many things related to the stone and the setting, I'm glad that we did not make any changes. I can't really imagine that it would have looked much different if we did, but, I think I just needed to torture myself with the process a little bit.

It seems to be really just amazing to look at. She has gotten many compliments. The size seems to be perfect. I'm glad we didn't go with any other options. I really cannot thank you all enough!

The first picture is from the day that we got engaged, she wanted me to let you all know that she was embarrassed that her nails were not done and it was obviously a total surprise! She hasn't wanted me to post on here until she got her nails done... So that was the reason for the initial delay, but we couldn't off any longer

Attachments

• IMG_4148_20240906_204009 (1).jpg
    IMG_4148_20240906_204009 (1).jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4254_20240906_204251.jpg
    IMG_4254_20240906_204251.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4132_20240906_204406.jpg
    IMG_4132_20240906_204406.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Your ears must have been burning. My fiance and I were actually just meaning to post an update.. she said yes!

We are really enjoying the ring. It initially needed to be resized, as I was way off (ended up being a 3.75).

But that was a fairly easy fix, and we sent it back to WF, and now it is fitting great on her hand.

We couldn't be more happy with it. You all were so incredibly patient to help me with so many things related to the stone and the setting, I'm glad that we did not make any changes. I can't really imagine that it would have looked much different if we did, but, I think I just needed to torture myself with the process a little bit.

It seems to be really just amazing to look at. She has gotten many compliments. The size seems to be perfect. I'm glad we didn't go with any other options. I really cannot thank you all enough!

The first picture is from the day that we got engaged, she wanted me to let you all know that she was embarrassed that her nails were not done and it was obviously a total surprise! She hasn't wanted me to post on here until she got her nails done... So that was the reason for the delay.

Aww, so happy for you two! I am sure she is as lovely as you are. Who could notice the nails with that gorgeous diamond? Tell her no worries - we understand surprises!
You were not a pushover but asked lots of relevant questions and clearly wanted it all to be perfect. She is a lucky lady! An ACA in that Vatche setting is just *chef’s kiss*! When the time comes, ask her if it would be ok to share her wedding band choice with us. We love happy endings and this one is hard to beat!
As always, thanks for the pictures - it is a glorious ring!

Congratulations! It was already a big diamond but it looks massive on her. Such a beautiful version of a classic :kiss2:

And no one will ever notice her nails again because they'll be distracted by the diamond!

Congratulations and you picked a stunning ring! I echo what the others have said and we don't notice her nails but the ring instead! So glad to hear that your experience was well and the customer service from WF is excellent as always.

Wow that looks so amazing on her tiny little finger! I’m having palpitations looking at her holding her hand with the loose ring over the water though :lol-2:

And this made me laugh!
. I can't really imagine that it would have looked much different if we did, but, I think I just needed to torture myself with the process a little bit.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results