shape
carat
color
clarity

Help picking diamond kay-

alexeliass

Shiny_Rock
Trade
came to look at the emerald and compare to the oval!!
2.50 J emerald vs 2.20 oval

- I sent SA two J colored ovals to order but he didn’t think we should order the oval J 2.30, he said we’ve tried that ratio and clarity and haven’t been happy I didn’t want to push it so things didn’t get rocky again. I want this time to be positive and just be done but with a beautiful diamond

We did order the 2.5 J oval vs1 1.46 ratio I know it could come with a bow tie but crossing fingers it doesn’t since it’s a tad bigger then 2.2?

Attachments

• IMG_1989.jpeg
    IMG_1989.jpeg
    219 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1987.jpeg
    IMG_1987.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1970.jpeg
    IMG_1970.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1973.jpeg
    IMG_1973.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0440.png
    IMG_0440.png
    216.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0359.png
    IMG_0359.png
    411.5 KB · Views: 41

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
What did you think of the emerald compare for the oval?

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
What are your impressions of the diamonds after comparing them in person? Based on the videos and your photos I think they look nicely cut for their respective shapes. But well cut ovals and emeralds perform so differently across various lighting environments I think it’s really a matter of personal preference.

mrsj8610

Shiny_Rock
I may be bias, but I think the oval is gorgeous and looks beautiful on your hand. The emerald cut is beautiful as well, but your heart is set on an oval.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I think she should choose the diamond that is most lovely to her eyes and wear it as her engagement ring! Don’t waste it on a pendant.

Oh I agree, but the OP plans to wear the emerald cut as a pendant or at best a RHR.

freddyboston

Rough_Rock
Yes OP was thinking Pendant for the Emerald but also had this design idea..

1718992912227.png

alexeliass

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi guys you have no idea how much i appreciate you all hope it’s ok to reply her versus simple comments but i read them all!

- i was shocked how much i liked the emerald cut. How unique and clear it was it felt so elegant and timeless but between the two I am set on the oval. It does not look warm, it sparkles and it looks bigger compared to the emerald even though emerald is 2.5!
We stepped outside the store and lighting was little bit better. However now I want an emerald one day a lab and have a second fun engagement ring or a pendant (natural or lab) .

I do have one more oval coming in Monday or Tuesday just to be able to compare it to one more I shared specs above. The shape looks like it will be more rounded/oval on the ends which seems intriguing.

I will keep you guys posted here . I can’t wait to be done and celebrate thank you all! Yesterday I was smiling for once happy knowing I will walk away with a beautiful diamond

alexeliass

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you so much! I was nervous if I chose the right ratio for my fingers/ hand. Out of the two definitely oval wins for me! Maybe if the emerald was bigger it would have been a tie

QUOTE="mrsj8610, post: 5343532, member: 56813"]
I may be bias, but I think the oval is gorgeous and looks beautiful on your hand. The emerald cut is beautiful as well, but your heart is set on an oval.
[/QUOTE]

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kinda jumping in here to add my two cents lol...the emerald is a pretty stone but I was going to comment that the oval just looks so elegant and perfect on your beautiful hand. I'm curious to see what you think of the other oval. I'm so excited for you!

alexeliass

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Question. For my fingers/hands do you guys think that this ratio is the best? Or would have a shorter ratio looked better? Curious I promise I’m not changing or ordering anymore ovals tho

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Question. For my fingers/hands do you guys think that this ratio is the best? Or would have a shorter ratio looked better? Curious I promise I’m not changing or ordering anymore ovals tho

Imho, ratio will look good your hand. Tbh, ratio is less important than the cut/ light performance.

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock
Im team 2.2 oval all the way! The cut, color, performance and ratio looks absolutely divine on you:love:

alexeliass

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Do you guys think it’s ok/safe to ship out a loose diamond for setting? I really like adiamor style and seen a few positive posts on here too

Or is it better to find a local jeweler?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Do you guys think it’s ok/safe to ship out a loose diamond for setting? I really like adiamor style and seen a few positive posts on here too

Or is it better to find a local jeweler?

You should insure before shipping it out. Everyone loves David Klass. And his pricing seems very fair.

Try Brite & Co for insurance.

alexeliass

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I’ll check them out thank you!

I also heard good things about jewelers mutual ?

You should insure before shipping it out. Everyone loves David Klass. And his pricing seems very fair.

Try Brite & Co for insurance.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes Jewelers Mutual is also great.

I don't think I would send my diamond to Adiamour for a setting. I would buy the setting and have it set locally. I might also just try to find a local jeweler who carried Stuller. They are very nice quality settings and they are the largest manufacturer of cast settings in N America. I would bet Adiamour settings come from them. Their Ever & Ever line has many beautiful mountings. You can search their website for local vendors and just order through them and have them set your stone.

alexeliass

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This is the look I’m going for . Thin 18k gold band hidden halo platinum French prongs

I know some might say 1.5 m band is to thin but I love the look and what I really want
Similar to ring concierge whisper thin except I think theirs is 1.25m

I asked this company “the clear cut” for a quote they replied with about $1600$ for setting diamond and 4-5 week turnaround. I would have to ship out though
Adiamor quoted $1270 around there

Last edited:

alexeliass

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I just checked stuller vendors and my local jeweler sells! One of the SA had a round lab from them and sent me a video once I will upload pic.

Do you mind me asking why you wouldn’t send to set a diamond with adiamor? Their work on instagram page looks amazing

Yes Jewelers Mutual is also great.

I don't think I would send my diamond to Adiamour for a setting. I would buy the setting and have it set locally. I might also just try to find a local jeweler who carried Stuller. They are very nice quality settings and they are the largest manufacturer of cast settings in N America. I would bet Adiamour settings come from them. Their Ever & Ever line has many beautiful mountings. You can search their website for local vendors and just order through them and have them set your stone.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I just checked stuller vendors and my local jeweler sells! One of the SA had a round lab from them and sent me a video once I will upload pic.

Do you mind me asking why you wouldn’t send to set a diamond with adiamor? Their work on instagram page looks amazing

Speaking for myself, I think Adiamor will be using stock settings, so there is no reason to ship out for that (while you can (and should) insure the shipment, it is an added risk for little reward). Like @Dreamer_D said, if you want a stock setting, you can get a local jeweler to order one from Stuller. I would only ship out for unique or custom-made settings, like David Klass, Sholdt (just an example since I have used them), Maytal Hannah https://www.instagram.com/maytalhannah/, or any of the other unique jewelers out there who design their own settings.
Maytal does a beautiful hidden halo, btw:

alexeliass

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Makes sense thank you! That’s a big worry of mine losing the diamond transit or something.

I do want a hidden halo! Pretty much the same setting the clear cut offers

Speaking for myself, I think Adiamor will be using stock settings, so there is no reason to ship out for that (while you can (and should) insure the shipment, it is an added risk for little reward). Like @Dreamer_D said, if you want a stock setting, you can get a local jeweler to order one from Stuller. I would only ship out for unique or custom-made settings, like David Klass, Sholdt (just an example since I have used them), Maytal Hannah https://www.instagram.com/maytalhannah/, or any of the other unique jewelers out there who design their own settings.
Maytal does a beautiful hidden halo, btw:

alexeliass

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Local jeweler 72704714155__BC74D98D-9707-42AF-B92D-F6552BE91581.jpeg

Attachments

• 72704718011__8C1A4CF7-2B01-43D2-BFC9-002D6908FC35.jpeg
    72704718011__8C1A4CF7-2B01-43D2-BFC9-002D6908FC35.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 7

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
This is the look I’m going for . Thin 18k gold band hidden halo platinum French prongs

I know some might say 1.5 m band is to thin but I love the look and what I really want
Similar to ring concierge whisper thin except I think theirs is 1.25m

I asked this company “the clear cut” for a quote they replied with about $1600$ for setting diamond and 4-5 week turnaround. I would have to ship out though
Adiamor quoted $1270 around there

If you want, then JA allows outside diamonds to be set...not sure if Kay's would work with you on that since they are both Signet brands.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just think there is no reason to take the risk if shipping your diamond somewhere for a stock setting. Stuller has literally thousands of designs. You can find exactly what you want in their online inventory and order locally.

alexeliass

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Yes they were closed today but I will visit tomorrow and ask them. Kay was horrible they messed up my setting 2x and never delivered what I had asked for

I just think there is no reason to take the risk if shipping your diamond somewhere for a stock setting. Stuller has literally thousands of designs. You can find exactly what you want in their online inventory and order locally.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results