carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Junebug,

I have been thinking about you lately. I will remember you for doing the hard stuff on pricescope, and standing up against the forces that dominated at that time. We have so many moralists on here that tire me out telling me how wonderful they think they are. Can't have discussions. You, I think are the real deal. I saw it with my own eyes. I really hope you are well. Thanks for being an example for me.

Annette

@smitcompton, I'm so touched by your words and it means a lot that you remember me fondly. I think I rubbed a few people the wrong way back in the day but it made things interesting! I have always appreciated your posts as well. You're honest and genuine and not afraid to voice your opinion. Thanks for thinking of me - I'm doing well and I hope things are good with you too.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@smitcompton, You could not be more correct about the kind of person @junebug17 is. She truly is the real deal and a wonderful woman.

I think of you often Annette and hope you are doing well.

Oh gosh, thank you @Calliecake! I've come to think the same of you after all these years together on Pricescope. You have always been so kind and it's been great knowing you!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
The whole world is watching, I cannot convey my complete and utter embarrassment.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m feeling exactly like you today @Demon. I hope you are doing well. I miss you here

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am well, thanks. You? (I'm always hoping you'll pop up at that other place)

I’m glad you’re well. I’m doing good. I read there often but still haven't taken the plunge.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I’m glad you’re well. I’m doing good. I read there often but still haven't taken the plunge.

No time like the present. A certain group is kind of having a melt down over the latest news.

I'm glad you'e good!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grief is the last act of love we give to our loved one. Where there is deep grief there is great love. Grief is a great rite of passage, it is a hero's journey of courage, of sacred battles, sorrow, love, joy and loss. Through the darkness of grief we can see the light of love which transcends death. And with the pain can come gratitude for the gift of time we had, the love that was shared and the power to become a better person because they loved us.”

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you ok @missy ?

I am OK (broken hearted but OK) thank you tytyy. But our dear friend bling dream (shelley) died. I was fortunate to meet her in person and lucky enough to call her a dear friend. I spoke with Shelley's husband last night. I mourn for her family and all her friends, including all the PSers who were close to her. But mostly I am devastated for Shelley. She deserved more, She deserved a long happy life. My heart bleeds for her. "Only the good die young" rings true here. She was a pure soul. Truly embodied all that is good and right in this world. :(

Mrs-b started a thread about her death in hangout. She is gone too soon. The world was a better place with her in it

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read that post...I'm sorry I never got to meet her. It is always tough when someone we care about leaves too soon
(or even at an advanced age).

My condolences to her family, friends, and blingmates.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
H:

Had a bike malfunction today and TWO people stopped to help me! One fella diagnosed the issue and did a quick fix. People are good--restores my faith!!!

cheers--Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gawd, what an awful morning. Took cat to the vet for follown-up exam. While waiting there was an emergency that took the whole staff to help with. Short time later a man comes out of exam room with tears in his eyes. They were working on this dog. I was put in exam room next to him and shortly after heard wailing. Dog died. Ran into the guy at the restroom and wrapped him in a bear hug, he collapsed against me and just sobbed. Second dog to die in the past 2 weeks. This one was in for routine bloodwork. He was devastated. Everyone in the waiting room was crying with him.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gawd, what an awful morning. Took cat to the vet for follown-up exam. While waiting there was an emergency that took the whole staff to help with. Short time later a man comes out of exam room with tears in his eyes. They were working on this dog. I was put in exam room next to him and shortly after heard wailing. Dog died. Ran into the guy at the restroom and wrapped him in a bear hug, he collapsed against me and just sobbed. Second dog to die in the past 2 weeks. This one was in for routine bloodwork. He was devastated. Everyone in the waiting room was crying with him.

How horrible for him! Bless you for the comfort, kindness, and compassion you showed him at such a terrible moment in his life.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is awful. Are you saying the dog just went in for routine blood work and wasn't sick with something, and he/she just died? It's bad enough when you know your pet is sick and may not recover, but if this was just a normal vet visit that went wrong, it would be even more devastating. You were so kind to try to comfort the owner. His heart must be broken.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you saying the dog just went in for routine blood work and wasn't sick with something,

Yes, cardiac arrest. Maybe the poor dog was literally heartbroken after losing his/her companion 2 weeks ago. The entire staff was shaken. The look on their faces was hard to see and they had to go back to care for their other patients. It was a tough day for all of them.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good grief, I've been here 21 yrs.

Screenshot 2024-08-01 at 7.06.06 PM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YaaaHOOOOooooo. As of 2 pm PST, we are 100% solar powered and already accumulating credits (Oregon has net metering) because we're generating more energy than we're using. Tesla battery took 2 hrs. to fully charge so if there's a major outage, we can operate essential appliances for 3 days.

Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 4.17.17 PM.png

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
YaaaHOOOOooooo. As of 2 pm PST, we are 100% solar powered and already accumulating credits (Oregon has net metering) because we're generating more energy than we're using. Tesla battery took 2 hrs. to fully charge so if there's a major outage, we can operate essential appliances for 3 days.

Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 4.17.17 PM.png

Welcome to the solar world! We've had 22 rooftop panels since 2019, and we love them! Even in Ohio, we generate more than we use for at least half the year, and meet a great deal of our needs the rest of the year.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do your car doors open automatically when you put the car in Park?
Did you know you can easily change that default setting, following instructions in your car's owner's manual?

I only recently found out that the default could be changed. It literally took 10 seconds. Easy peasy. Then my daughter did the same with her car. Hubby's car didn't need anything done; it doesn't unlock doors automatically.

I never sit in an unlocked car. For years, as soon as I put my car in Park, I manually re-locked the doors for safety reasons, until I was ready to leave the car. Now I don't have to. =)2
(Yeah, I should have read the manual sooner).

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did you know you can easily change that default setting, following instructions in your car's owner's manual?

I only recently found out that the default could be changed. It literally took 10 seconds. Easy peasy. Then my daughter did the same with her car. Hubby's car didn't need anything done; it doesn't unlock doors automatically.

I never sit in an unlocked car. For years, as soon as I put my car in Park, I manually re-locked the doors for safety reasons, until I was ready to leave the car. Now I don't have to. =)2
(Yeah, I should have read the manual sooner).

I had never even thought about this, but you're right that it's an important consideration when one is sitting in a parked car, especially if they're a woman alone. Thank you for bringing it up!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We women are particularly vulnerable to assault, but carjackers don't care if it's a man or woman in the car, so guys need to lock their doors too!
My car locks all the doors when I put it in Reverse, but I don't wait until then. I lock it as soon as I get in.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I read this and first thought you meant the doors actually opened. Not automatically unlocked, which I know know that is what you mean. Mine don't unlock until I pull the lever to open the door (I think). I'll check it out though to be sure. When I get in, I don't think they lock until I put it in Drive or Reverse. So you are saying that your doors can be locked before you do that, perhaps when you start the engine?

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I did mean unlock, not open. The default setting for my car and my daughter's car is that when you put the car in Park, all the doors unlocked automatically. Since I changed it, they don't unlock until we actually open the door from the inside, ourselves, manually. Or until we press the door unlock button (e.g. to let someone into the car.)

To unlock my door to enter the car, I tend to use the fob rather than the physical key. If I press the Door Unlock button on my fob once, only the driver door unlocks. When I'm alone, that is what I do. That way no one can enter the car from any other door.

If I have anyone traveling with me or if I need to open the back door (to put stuff on the back seat), I press the Door Unlock button on the fob twice. This makes all the doors unlock.

If I'm in my driveway (where I feel safe) , I then just get in the car, start the car, put it in Reverse and back out of the driveway. Putting it in Reverse locks the doors.

But if I'm out elsewhere, say in a parking lot, I will lock my doors right after I get in and close my door, usually by pressing the Door Lock button on the fob, which is still in my hand, before I start the engine. Or I press the Door Lock button on the door armrest. That way I don't sit in an unlocked car for more than a second.

There have been carjackings in our area so I really play it safe.

I also take my key with me and lock all the doors before pumping gas. I began doing this a few years back when people were sneaking low next to the passenger door while women drivers were pumping gas, and opening the door to steal purses off the front passenger seat. I don't hear of that happening these days, but keeping the key on you with doors locked while pumping gas prevents someone getting in your car and driving off with it while you are filling the tank. Critically important if you have a child or other passenger in the car.

This sounds complicated but it's not. It's just a matter of forming a new habit.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your habits are good, and better than mine. I keep my fob in my purse and actually never, ever, use it manually. I generally feel pretty safe, but should rethink that too, I guess. Thank you for the suggestions.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had to comment that automatic locking doors saved me once.

I had a Ford Taurus at the time and the doors would automatically lock when you put the car in drive. I was driving home late from an office cleaning job down a dark road when a car started tailing me. I was young and naive so I didn’t think anything of it. Got to the light at the end of the road and suddenly someone is at my driver door trying to open it, thankfully it was locked so I was able to speed off but had the doors not locked automatically, it would have been a very different outcome:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results