carat
color
clarity

My pink spinel has arrived and……

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF|1306032543|2927554 said:
talamasca-

It's just lovely! I wish my daughter were more responsible. If she were, I could make her jewelry with a stone like that. (I had a brief vision of a pink spinel ring with diamond sidestones, a fairytale ring for a very young woman.) As it is, I have had to withold jewelry I planned to give her already because I know she would lose it! I hope I get to see you set your lovely new spinel!

edited to add: I didn't realize that this was your engagement ring, talamasca!!! I have to go back and look at that stone! This is obviously not a spinel I could just pick up for a teenager. Please excuse my ignorance!!!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
:read:

Deb, I don't know if I mentioned this, but I can be your substitute daughter. I'm very responsible and won't lose any jewelry you give me.

T

talamasca

LovingDiamonds|1305918340|2926761 said:
Congratulations! I can see what you mean about more lilac. It actually looks like a lovely piece of Kunzite in some of your photos. I'm so pleased you love it.

Just building on what TL said - don't look at it under fluorescent lighting, try artificial lights at night i.e. in your kitchen with the blinds closed and the overhead lights on.

I had a nosey at it in the kitchen at night under the lights and it still looks great :D

Stone 18.JPG

T

talamasca

talamasca-

It's just lovely! I wish my daughter were more responsible. If she were, I could make her jewelry with a stone like that. (I had a brief vision of a pink spinel ring with diamond sidestones, a fairytale ring for a very young woman.) As it is, I have had to withold jewelry I planned to give her already because I know she would lose it! I hope I get to see you set your lovely new spinel!

edited to add: I didn't realize that this was your engagement ring, talamasca!!! I have to go back and look at that stone! This is obviously not a spinel I could just pick up for a teenager. Please excuse my ignorance!!!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF

:D that's OK, though if you're looking Gemart has some really lovely pink spinels that I was contemplating too, but they were just a bit smaller

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Totally lovely! It *would* look great with diamonds, but if you decide to go with a solitaire (first?) I definitely think it holds its own.

What color gold? Can I start the War of the Rose Gold? My vote is to go all pink...

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its so pretty! I'll jump on the rose gold band wagon too!

T

talamasca

I've seen quite a few pinks in rose gold and they look very pretty, but mine's definitely going to be set in white gold.

I don't own any yellow/rose gold jewellery and it's only since joining PS that I'm starting to like the colour! I think I might set my smoky quartz in rose gold.

T

talamasca

I had it out of the box again this morning :lol: and I was stood in the bedroom facing the window with the cream curtains closed and no lights on, but the morning light was bright and I saw the smallest flash of orange as I turned away from the window!!!

It doesn't bother me in the slightest because the light it will be in for 99.9% of the time it looks pink, but it was just a suprise and goes to show that you should view in all lighting conditions.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the light touch of lilac as it adds some interest to the pink. It looks to be a bright and brilliant stone which diamond accents will play up. Congrats on finding your e-ring stone.

blondie~

Rough_Rock
Very pretty. It sure catches the light!

T

talamasca

My friend just got a groovy new macro lense for his camera so I bobbed over with my stone last night to see if he could capture the real life colour, however we had typical English weather yesterday ranging from bright sun to thunder storms and of course when I arrived it was overcast so it took on a moody quality and we didn't use a white box so we've caught the black of the camera as well, however I really like the quality of the pics and since I won't have another chance to take pics before it's set I thought I'd share :D

First up is a pic I took in a white box which represents the true colour, but unfortunately when I get closer it blurs (my camera's just a point and shoot!)

ETA: I wish my camera was as good cos I could play all day then!!!

Hand Close.jpg

High Res Cropped.JPG

Best Colour.JPG

T

talamasca

He also has an ace digital magnifying thingy so we took 2 pics of the inclusion as well.

Mag 2.jpg

Mag 1.jpg

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhhhhh COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Awesome pictures, I cannot wait to see how it looks when set!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
talamasca-

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF

I can only hope that my older son marries a girl who appreciated colored stones...

Talamasca - I looked at your pictures again, and I love this tender, lilac color. I understand TL's question, I had experience with some of these stones being strong color-changer, all the better that your stone seems to hold its delicate color under most lights. It should look stunning in a ring.

lil425

Shiny_Rock
That is sooooo pretty! How are you going to set it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results