shape
carat
color
clarity

Need quick thoughts on 3.1 carat Old Mine

You may want to google the dangers of a titanium band, especially if he's a rock climber. Titanium seems to be particularly dangerous to hands that have swollen, and emergency personnel sometimes can't remove them.

Oh, thank you for the comment! He wouldn't wear anything rock climbing, it's too risky even when it's a softer metal. But that's a good point for biking and other activities. Silicone and gold, then!

I'm kind of stuck now on what @newdiamondworld mentioned about platinum with a gold band in the stack a la Erstwhile. So pretty! And I think my partner would enjoy one of the 'make your own ring' classes, he's always soldering to fix broken electronics, 3d printing things, etc. so maybe that's an option. And regardless the plain band would allow for resizing the sentimental one if necessary.

But we aren't there yet! Luckily JM just added the stone onto my insurance so she'll head off for setting soon-ish.

The Erstwhile look:

Screenshot_20241003-070545.png

Screenshot_20241003-070623.png

^^ that is a great look and it will allow you to have a nice solid gold band for casual wear and sentimentality that can be resized!

Re: black reflections you can wrap your phone in white paper with a hole cut for the lens :lol-2:

You may want to google the dangers of a titanium band, especially if he's a rock climber. Titanium seems to be particularly dangerous to hands that have swollen, and emergency personnel sometimes can't remove them.

Thanks for mentioning this I didn’t know. One of my “unique” fears is getting rings caught on my fingers. Silicone rings have worked well for me (I wear them as ring guards for my looser metal rings).

Oh, thank you for the comment! He wouldn't wear anything rock climbing, it's too risky even when it's a softer metal. But that's a good point for biking and other activities. Silicone and gold, then!

I'm kind of stuck now on what @newdiamondworld mentioned about platinum with a gold band in the stack a la Erstwhile. So pretty! And I think my partner would enjoy one of the 'make your own ring' classes, he's always soldering to fix broken electronics, 3d printing things, etc. so maybe that's an option. And regardless the plain band would allow for resizing the sentimental one if necessary.

But we aren't there yet! Luckily JM just added the stone onto my insurance so she'll head off for setting soon-ish.

The Erstwhile look:

Screenshot_20241003-070545.png

Screenshot_20241003-070623.png

This is incredibly beautiful, stacking warm gold with white metals and diamonds. I’ve been perusing the high carat gold threads on Pricescope and stacking is a great idea. Those threads show different colors in high carat gold for example English vintage is rosier, traditional Asian is yellower, etc.

Last edited:
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP