shape
carat
color
clarity

PEARL PARADISE & TAKAHASHI LIVESTREAM!!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats to those of you that bought! I was dying because I am on Ban Island. That Tennyo strand............

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs I bought TK-27, so you can relax and keep saving for that blue diamond!

Those little snowman pearls were tempting, weren't they?

eta: The one pearl I'm unsure of is this one, because it was blurry. I saw some pink in it and decided to give it a try:

Omg so happy for you! Please share pics when they arrive!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I missed it as I was travelling back from Vancouver to home after spending some time with my family.

DK :confused2:

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@MakingTheGrade I already have one of those from Takahashi that I bought to hold my WSS from them. Now what?!? I hate the thought of drilling it. Maybe a different type of net or basket thingy.

empliau

Shiny_Rock
So - one can't participate without a Facebook account or YouTube channel? Anyone know?

empliau

Shiny_Rock
Watch, yes. But what if I want to bid? I imagine I need to register, but with PP or YT?

Usually I can figure these things out, but this one has me buffaloed.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watch, yes. But what if I want to bid? I imagine I need to register, but with PP or YT?

Usually I can figure these things out, but this one has me buffaloed.

you just say "mine", and it's reserved for you. You then write PP and have then invoice you. If you don't then they'll move to whoever is next in "line" for the piece. There's no bidding

empliau

Shiny_Rock
you just say "mine", and it's reserved for you. You then write PP and have then invoice you. If you don't then they'll move to whoever is next in "line" for the piece

Thanks! You're an angel - although the temptation is increasing. (worried face)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! You're an angel - although the temptation is increasing. (worried face)

No worries at all! It's definitely a new process for folks :)

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Who else is watching day 2? It's going to be dangerous again I think!

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
My favorites:

I love NW
Screenshot_20240501_191536_Facebook.jpg

Love these
Screenshot_20240501_192654_Facebook.jpg

This strand is dreamyyyyy
Screenshot_20240501_192833_Facebook.jpg

The closest I'll get to that last strand is the bracelet I ordered on the first day! 7-7.5mm gem luster with kizu and pinked. Not that close! :lol:

But I would love to see the strand in person or at least photographed by some of the people here who could do it more justice than the live video feed. I wonder how it would compare to some of the other amazing pearls we've seen here.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Couldn’t watch it live, that multicolour pendant was gorgeous, would love to see photos if anyone got one!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
This strand is dreamyyyyy
Screenshot_20240501_192833_Facebook.jpg

Thanks for posting these @lovedogs

Can I just check what light “kizu” means? Is it basically minor flaws? (Googled that kizu means “injury” in Japanese)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m shocked a 8.5-9mm necklace with “flaws” is going for 10k. The luster on it must be crazy good for them to price it that high.

They said it was gem luster, so I think that's why??

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nah, I bought a small flaw gem luster 8.5-9mm necklace on my Kobe trip for like 3.5k. Prices have increased a BIT but nothing to justify a 3x.

Yeah I had a similar thought. They claimed pricing wss the same for the stream vs buying direct, but I am doubtful.

lovelygemgem

Rough_Rock
Nah, I bought a small flaw gem luster 8.5-9mm necklace on my Kobe trip for like 3.5k. Prices have increased a BIT but nothing to justify a 3x.

Hello @NY_Resonant! I remember in one of your posts about a year ago you said a pair of gem grade 8.5-9mm gem grade akoyas were $300 (I might be wrong). When I enquired about a months ago, they were already $600 (which is also what they offered during the livestream). So I’m wondering if that means prices have already gone up 2X? :eek2:

lovelygemgem

Rough_Rock

Also, do you reckon they offered you a discount since you bought quite a few items haha?

Also curious… did you try to bargain and ask for discounts? Is that a polite thing to do at the Japanese Pearl shops? Just curious because I’d like to visit them in person someday too!

Last edited:

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
Hello @NY_Resonant! I remember in one of your posts about a year ago you said a pair of gem grade 8.5-9mm gem grade akoyas were $300 (I might be wrong). When I enquired about a months ago, they were already $600 (which is also what they offered during the livestream). So I’m wondering if that means prices have already gone up 2X? :eek2:

I believe the $600 was called “top gem”? I also saw gem NW (which is more expensive) for $450 on the stream?

lovelygemgem

Rough_Rock
I believe the $600 was called “top gem”? I also saw gem NW (which is more expensive) for $450 on the stream?

Yes! You might be right. I asked for “gem quality” and “the best they had”. Actually I just skimmed through their first live, they didn’t sell any gem quality 8.5-9.0mm pairs. I prob just imagined it lol.

(Btw thank you so much for all your previous threads about pearls. I learned so much and you have such sharp eyes!!)

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
Also, do you reckon they offered you a discount since you bought quite a few items haha?

Also curious… did you try to bargain and ask for discounts? Is that a polite thing to do at the Japanese Pearl shops?

No, they gave me the pricing over instagram before I visited or told them I was buying multiple pieces.

In person, I did do some light negotiation and if I recall managed to get like 5% off. I’m pretty sure I only got that because of buying over 12k of items and doing it in person at their office. They even told me they don’t do discounts on Instagram sales, so I don’t think people will have a lot of luck remotely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results