shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

I hope Queen Cam is the sharing type and let all the royal ladies borrow her vast collection of jewellery.

Looks like she is, evidently with a historical family piece as worn by the PoW last night.

Just wish Sophie will have some new to her pieces given to her to wear, or have access to and borrow occasionally etc..

DK :))

Queen Cam wears the Burmese Ruby tiara well, very well! It must be the hair! :lol-2:

DK :kiss2:

The Duchess was splendid in diamonds and pink topazes last night at the Guildhall banquet for the President and First Lady of South Korea.

The centerpieces of the tiara and necklace were previously brooches in the collection of Queen Mary, the Duke's grandmother. This is the first time (for me, at least) HRH wears the briolette-cut pendant suspended from this necklace.

1700740921429.png

not a brooch in sight to say goodby to the South Koreans

1700775480566.png

Sophie needs something more like this

I wish Sophie was able to borrow Meghan's wedding tiara, but this will break the internet.
“The final sign of betrayal from King Charles"
“Sophie steals Meghan's gift from the late Queen"
“The Diamond Affair à la Windsor“
And so on, and so on...

That's only one of the reasons why a family foundation or trust, like in other monarchies, would be great for the Windsor.

I wish Sophie was able to borrow Meghan's wedding tiara, but this will break the internet.
“The final sign of betrayal from King Charles"
“Sophie steals Meghan's gift from the late Queen"
“The Diamond Affair à la Windsor“
And so on, and so on...

That's only one of the reasons why a family foundation or trust, like in other monarchies, would be great for the Windsor.

poor old Sophie should have been gifted that tiara long before awful M turned up
As much as i love the surposed history of the Wessex wedding tiara -and it has been improved greatly but i guess those divorces of Di and Fergie didnt help Sophie's cause -then that horrible newspaper sting with the fake Arab, but HRH became such a close friend to HM, surley she could have left her a lifetime loan of something significant for a Queen's daughter in law with still so much of public life ahead of her
Is Queen Mary's bandau now tainted ? some one needs to wear it to shake it off H&M
but how to do it without it looking bi*chy ?
i think it might be doomed

K pop royalty from the state dinner
what is wrong with these lovelly looking young ladies ?
im assuming they have tons of money
im seeing zero significant jewlery at all
i see a tiny pendant and some very ordinary looking earrings
they should have gone all out aka Queen Max - or is it because the South Korean first lady wore no bling ?
couldnt the president have brought his wife some beautiful pearls for dinner at the palace ?
would the average South Korean voter have minded a simple strand of pearls or an antique brooch ?
1700787328341.png
1700787458487.png
and while im at it, did the Prime minister's wife get no jewlery for her wedding ? could she not have worn some family pieces then ?
would a simple gold bangle have hurt anybody?
1700787978766.png
edited
as im still ranting over this
just imangine a word where Camila became Duchess of Conwell and then never wore her family tiara or Princess Diana had never worn her own family's tiara
1700788511677.png
1700788629658.png

Getting back to the untitled ....when are you going to wear the good stuff if its not to have dinner with the King and Queen ?

i tell you if i was going to an offical function involving the king and Queen / Wales i'd have mum's pearls restrung already (she wore then to a civic reception for the then Prince Charles in Dunedin on the tour before the wedding), id be buying a brooch, and taking out a 2nd morgage to get descent sized diamond earrings

Last edited:
i have time to fill in while my work dries out and is fixed up after the fire next door
some lovely photos in here
lots of jewles but i am particulary taken by this one of Prince Edward Duke of Kent and his brother Prince Micheal under a photo of their father Prince George Duke of Kent
1700789988050.png
and their mother, Princess Marina

1700790104772.png

poor old Sophie should have been gifted that tiara long before awful M turned up
As much as i love the surposed history of the Wessex wedding tiara -and it has been improved greatly but i guess those divorces of Di and Fergie didnt help Sophie's cause -then that horrible newspaper sting with the fake Arab, but HRH became such a close friend to HM, surley she could have left her a lifetime loan of something significant for a Queen's daughter in law with still so much of public life ahead of her
I often think that Royal watchers pay more attention to who wears what than the actual royals. IMO Sophie is quite happy with what she has and as we've seen, when necessary, a loan has been granted to her in the past. I know she was close to HLM, but I doubt they spoke too much about tiaras.

Is Queen Mary's bandau now tainted ? some one needs to wear it to shake it off H&M
but how to do it without it looking bi*chy ?
i think it might be doomed

Not tainted, per se. But I don't see anyone wearing it again anytime soon. Not because of bad feelings or associations, but only to avoid people talking. Had this been another royal family, there wouldn't be an issue. Some examples:
- Queen Letizia still wears the floral tiara, which was Infanta Cristina's bridal tiara, despite the scandals surrounding her
- Queen Sonja/Crown Princess Mette Marit still use the small setting of their pearl tiara, despite the failed marriage of Princess Martha-Louise (her wedding tiara)
- Grand Duchess Maria-Teresa wears the jewels of her late m-i-l, despite the personal issues the ladies had
- In Jordan Queen Rania has borrowed a Cartier diamond tiara from King Abdullah's half-sister Haya. A very beautiful tiara made for the woman who displaced the King's own mother as consort

So on that note, having a designated bridal tiara is a great idea. Queen Mary's fringe would've been great for that, or even the County of Lincoln bandeau. Unfortunately, that ship has sailed...

I often think that Royal watchers pay more attention to who wears what than the actual royals. IMO Sophie is quite happy with what she has and as we've seen, when necessary, a loan has been granted to her in the past. I know she was close to HLM, but I doubt they spoke too much about tiaras.

Not tainted, per se. But I don't see anyone wearing it again anytime soon. Not because of bad feelings or associations, but only to avoid people talking. Had this been another royal family, there wouldn't be an issue. Some examples:
- Queen Letizia still wears the floral tiara, which was Infanta Cristina's bridal tiara, despite the scandals surrounding her
- Queen Sonja/Crown Princess Mette Marit still use the small setting of their pearl tiara, despite the failed marriage of Princess Martha-Louise (her wedding tiara)
- Grand Duchess Maria-Teresa wears the jewels of her late m-i-l, despite the personal issues the ladies had
- In Jordan Queen Rania has borrowed a Cartier diamond tiara from King Abdullah's half-sister Haya. A very beautiful tiara made for the woman who displaced the King's own mother as consort

So on that note, having a designated bridal tiara is a great idea. Queen Mary's fringe would've been great for that, or even the County of Lincoln bandeau. Unfortunately, that ship has sailed...

not the best article
but at least Sophie gets to go to tiara events

off on a tangent but i was hoping Ed and Sophie would be going to the royal variety show again this year but its the Wales who are going along with Victoria and Daniel of Sweden

they should have gone all out aka Queen Max - or is it because the South Korean first lady wore no bling ?
couldnt the president have brought his wife some beautiful pearls for dinner at the palace ?
would the average South Korean voter have minded a simple strand of pearls or an antique brooch ?
1700787328341.png
1700787458487.png
and while im at it, did the Prime minister's wife get no jewlery for her wedding ? could she not have worn some family pieces then ?
1700787978766.png
edited
just imangine a word where Camila became Duchess of Conwell and then never wore her family tiara or Princess Diana had never worn her own family's tiara
1700788511677.png
1700788629658.png

Getting back to the untitled ....when are you going to wear the good stuff if its not to have dinner with the King and Queen ?

i tell you if i was going to an offical function involving the king and Queen / Wales i'd have mum's pearls restrung already (she wore then to a civic reception for the then Prince Charles in Dunedin on the tour before the wedding), id be buying a brooch, and taking out a 2nd morgage to get descent sized diamond earrings

K pop stars are not someone I associate with jewelry worth mentioning of this forum LOL
Mrs. Sunak wore some pretty ruby earrings. Considering her family wealth, I'd guess that they are the real deal. A delicate necklace-tiara or another hair jewel would be a good investment for her, at least while her husband serves as PM.

About the family jewels - both Diana and Camilla come from the aristocracy/landed-gentry. They know the simple rules - if you've got them, flaunt them. If you think of it, Camilla had a great personal collection even before she entered ryal life. A collection that the Queen of the Belgians can only dream about and that would put to shame all of the Princess of Monaco's borrowed GRAFF an VC&A earrings.

1700787328341.png
1700787458487.png
1700787978766.png
edited
1700788511677.png
1700788629658.png

Most of Korean people prefer delicate jewellery and love love love brands like Chaumet, Boucheron, Cartier, Bulgari...IMO Korean (and Japanese) women look so chic with their minimalist jewels: at my eyes, their "small" diamonds look so precious and treasured...

Most of Korean people prefer delicate jewellery and love love love brands like Chaumet, Boucheron, Cartier, Bulgari...IMO Korean (and Japanese) women look so chic with their minimalist jewels: at my eyes, their "small" diamonds look so precious and treasured...

thanks for the info=)2
i had been wondering
i just prefer things i dont need to get my specs out to see
i really enjoy the beautiful pearls the Japanese royal family wear

K pop stars are not someone I associate with jewelry worth mentioning of this forum LOL
Mrs. Sunak wore some pretty ruby earrings. Considering her family wealth, I'd guess that they are the real deal. A delicate necklace-tiara or another hair jewel would be a good investment for her, at least while her husband serves as PM.

About the family jewels - both Diana and Camilla come from the aristocracy/landed-gentry. They know the simple rules - if you've got them, flaunt them. If you think of it, Camilla had a great personal collection even before she entered ryal life. A collection that the Queen of the Belgians can only dream about and that would put to shame all of the Princess of Monaco's borrowed GRAFF an VC&A earrings.

i just couldnt help thinking back to my youth (the 80's) and how Madonnna would have glammed it up
i just associate wealth with pretty jewles

I think that's fairly accurate. I could never do delicate! All 6 feet of me would feel like the hulk if I only wore delicate pieces. Their daintier pieces seem proportional...

I think that's fairly accurate. I could never do delicate! All 6 feet of me would feel like the hulk if I only wore delicate pieces. Their daintier pieces seem proportional...

Petite size helps, but, as far as I know, it's more a cultural thing: delicate conveys the idea of gracious and not ostentatous; the "social acceptable" way to show off your wealth is wearing signed iconic jewels (accessories in general).
Just my experience.

Lots of fabulous jewels on display this week :kiss2:

1701203574273.png
Queen Max in Paris
i really think this is paired back my HM
the dress is Queenly and beautiful
but it's Max
i would have liked to have seen a diamondy something pinned at the centre of the royal bust ,,and a necklace worn between the decrotive elements of the dress
if i can go to excess .....
and a diamond brooch pinned to the bag and some sort of ultra sparkly but appropreatly sized hair orniment -
ok maybe she would have ended up looking like an '80's barbie :lol-2:
and France is a republic
1701204114899.png

Sorry Daisy but I think Max got it perfectly right. That dress is va va vavoom and needs no decoration. She is just so gorgeous and real IMO.

year i know:kiss2:, HM sure knocked the ball out of the park on this one
i just like a bit of tastful excess on a wednesday !

so this year instead of Ed & Soph, Wills & Kate are off to the royal variety show ( have those things improved since the 70's ?) accompanied by CP Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden at the royal Albert hall
i guess maybe its because of rank that its WIlls and Kate and not Ed and Soph ?
the daily mail has some lovely photos of Victoria today
1701290531269.png1701290557948.png1701290681395.png
1701290709837.png

because some loony tune is hogging all the headlines nobody knows Sophie is in Columbia on an offical visit
those are everdently pearls on her dress

1701295327622.png
Edward has been in Indonesia, possibly hasnt been home yet since he was here in NZ

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP