shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Queen Margrethe is known for her love of real fur coats
1705006364207.jpeg

And what's going to keep those little feet warm?! Maybe she has fur booties in the carriage. :D

ETA: I just notice this today because it's stinkin' cold, here! Can't imagine going out in dress shoes, into the cold, and sitting in an old carriage...But given their climate, they must have some sort of accommodation for this.

And what's going to keep those little feet warm?! Maybe she has fur booties in the carriage. :D

ETA: I just notice this today because it's stinkin' cold, here! Can't imagine going out in dress shoes, into the cold, and sitting in an old carriage...But given their climate, they must have some sort of accommodation for this.

the carriage does have electric lights so maybe it has a heater ?
I hope so
although Queen Elizabeth was known to sit in front of a little 2 bar heater at draughty chilly Windsor castle, they are the same generation and went through the war, the mend and make do generation even if Queens
one used to see Prince Philip putting a rug over the Queen's lap but Margrethe's prince passed away also :(

Yes, thank you for this @Daisys and Diamonds ! The photo is not clear but it seems like a blue sapphire ring! Princesses Marie-Chantal and Tatiana of Greece also received blue sapphire engagement rings. The stones came from Queen Anne-Marie's personal collection.

It looks like a dark blue sapphire, probably another one from Queen Anne-Marie's collection. Prince Philippos and Princess Nina are a very private couple, so we might not be able to get a great shot for awhile...
1705061867668.jpeg

1705061882672.jpeg

It looks like a dark blue sapphire, probably another one from Queen Anne-Marie's collection. Prince Philippos and Princess Nina are a very private couple, so we might not be able to get a great shot for awhile...
1705061867668.jpeg

1705061882672.jpeg

When I zoom in on my computer screen, it looks like it may have a white diamond halo (ala Princess Diana) and sapphires running down the shoulders. It is hard to see, but there may also be a row of white diamonds on either side of the sapphires on the shoulders too.

When I zoom in on my computer screen, it looks like it may have a white diamond halo (ala Princess Diana) and sapphires running down the shoulders. It is hard to see, but there may also be a row of white diamonds on either side of the sapphires on the shoulders too.

Yes, yoyr observations and mine match 100%. It also looks like a faceted prong-set stone, not like the cabs in Marie-Chantal and Tatiana's rings.

Yes, this is my impression too. I think that this ring suits princess Nina beautifully,

1705119224621.png

video of troops on horseback rehearse for ceremony

1705119653819.png
Berbedak Mandi ceremony which took place at Istana Nurul Iman, ahead of their lavish service in Bandar Seri Begawan

1705119723091.png

1705119759462.png
1705119837152.png
once declared one of Asia's most eligible bachelors - Prince Abdul Mateen of Brunei is now firmly off the market as he celebrates his 10-day wedding to Anisha Rosnah.

its 2.28 am
its hot and i cant sleep and now i have hayfever
so im watching this
from 11.28 a nice but too short piece on HM's jewlery

Last edited:
its 2.28 am
its hot and i cant sleep and now i have hayfever
so im watching this
from 11.28 a nice but too short piece on HM's jewlery

I'm excited about tomorrow! It's going to be a historic day for everyone in Denmark and also those of us watching online.

The Royal House has shared a lovely reel with nice/heartwarming/glittering/human moments from the last 52 years. Hope you enjoy it!

The end of an era in Denmark today, and a new one will start, good luck to Frederik and Mary.

DK :))

Just seen some of the videos via BBC News. The new king was evidently emotional, bless him!

DK :))

just got up
it is wonderful hearing the joy of the Danish people
no saddness, no mourning
good luck your majesties

very excitted to see both princesses wearing jewlery !
and while not a tiara these hair pins are exsquisit
1705259007205.png
1705259705736.png

Last edited:
Can't wait to see what Mary would wear for her first state event as queen!

DK =)2

oh @dk168
ive had a wee moment thinking about our late Queen and how sad it all was for Charles and of course all of us
i always supported our Queen not abdicating but i do envy the Danish still having Queen Margrethe

What does Queen Margrethe’s title become now? Does it change at all? The Brits had the Queen Mother. What of Margrethe?

What does Queen Margrethe’s title become now? Does it change at all? The Brits had the Queen Mother. What of Margrethe?

HM will become HM Queen Margrethe (some sauces say of Denmark ) but without the ii at the end
Margrethe was not a Queen consort so was not a dowager Queen when her husband passed away so she isnt a Queen mother either even if HM is the new king's mother

i have already seen the news media get this wrong
to be a Queen mother the royal must have been a Queen consort so the Duchess of Kent who was Queen Victoria's mother was not the Queen Mother (although i bet HRH wanted to be, but her husband had never lived to be King)
Where as both Queen Mary and Queen Alexandra were both technically Queen mothers, im not sure if either were known as such, Queen Mary saddy lived to see several of her children die before her and after George vi's death we now had two living Queen dowagers so i guess the Queen mum title was used to help stop confusion between Mary and her now widowed DIL, both Queens were both still their majesties Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth
i do not think that Queen Victoria's aunty Queen Adelaide (wife of Victoria's uncle William iv) would have been a Queen mum as she wasn't the mother of the new Queen but HM was also a Queen Dowager

i was googerling how to spell dowager and i discovered there can only be one Queen mother at a time
also i just love this
Henry vii of England's mother, Lady Margaret Beaufort, titled "My Lady the King's Mother" poor thing was a 13 year old mother

and a Princess mother is a thing
Princess Srinagarindra of Thailand received the designation "Princess Mother
much nicer than Augusta who held the title of "Dowager Princess of Wales" after her husband Fredrick Prince of Wales died

if modern abdications are going to be a thing its going to get conffussing
i do like the Belguim royal family do it with a king and Queen of the Belgiuns (Phillippe and Mathilde) and then Queen Paola of Belgium and kIng Albert of Belgium

1705289053310.png

in Hobart the Tasman bridge lite up like a Danish flag in Tasmania

Last edited:
1705289686789.png
in the whole world at present there is only one Queen Grandmother, who is known as the Royal Grandmother
Queen Kesang Choden is the widow of the late Jigme Dorji Wangchuck. of Bhutan

1705289820748.png

im assuming the royal lady in the middle is the present King's mother
1705290133910.png

but then i think the King's father (another modern abdication) has 4 wives
my head is starting to hurt

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP