shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Show me your Luxury Watches!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl:What a gorgeous watch!! Love the yellow gold.. love the panther design and love the 3D dial. Fabulous!!:appl:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Discontinued since a while but I still like my Rolex Pearlmaster in yellow gold with diamonds!

IMG_3271.jpeg

Love the combo! I’m so sorry they discontinued the Pearlmasters.. I loved their jeweler faces.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I really, REALLY love it. It’s so heavy & the bezel fires light off it like diamonds & is really eye catching. I got used to the weight pretty quickly & now I only remove it to lotion or lift weights / work out etc.

Is your watch in this thread? Pictures please!

So i had to look but NO !! I have never posted on here!

For me it's a big deal. I grew up poor and never thought about spending money on a watch. I put myself through college and had a good job but never enough for something like this.

My ex was very wealthy and he wanted a Daytona, and i saved up for a year and bought him one. He always said he was going to buy me a Rolex and never did. Like, he would say it all the time that he was getting me one or send me a picture of one, but he just never did. He bought me a lot of things I didnt want. He was like that, get you what he wanted you to have, not necessarily something you wanted. He wound up being a cheater and I left. There was a year of ... struggle after him.

After that I met my amazing 'perfect for me' husband and got a new kick ass job. I saved for years to get my retirement where i wanted it, and finally felt like i could breathe! I had a goal of what i needed saved by 50, so after I hit that I started buying a lot of jewelry LOL

So I bought it for myself for my 50th birthday. It was important to me that i bought it myself. It was more about doing it myself than the watch if that even makes sense.

20240814_223829.jpg

The rose gold clash is not the same rose gold as my rolex, the rolex is much pinker

IMG_1262.GIF

IMG_2405.jpg

20240814_222546 (1).jpg

Ive worn it stacked with all different bracelets but so far i just prefer it alone. i might try the thin WG love bangle. I liked it with the guilloche but worried about scratching the guilloche. The watch i didnt care about scratching, i feel like if you wear it, it is going to get scratched, but I am sure mine is more scratched than if i wore it alone.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

For me it's a big deal. I grew up poor and never thought about spending money on a watch. I put myself through college and had a good job but never enough for something like this.

My ex was very wealthy and he wanted a Daytona, and i saved up for a year and bought him one. He always said he was going to buy me a Rolex and never did. Like, he would say it all the time that he was getting me one or send me a picture of one, but he just never did. He bought me a lot of things I didnt want. He was like that, get you what he wanted you to have, not necessarily something you wanted. He wound up being a cheater and I left. There was a year of ... struggle after him.

After that I met my amazing 'perfect for me' husband and got a new kick ass job. I saved for years to get my retirement where i wanted it, and finally felt like i could breathe! I had a goal of what i needed saved by 50, so after I hit that I started buying a lot of jewelry LOL

So I bought it for myself for my 50th birthday. It was important to me that i bought it myself. It was more about doing it myself than the watch if that even makes sense.

20240814_223829.jpg

The rose gold clash is not the same rose gold as my rolex, the rolex is much pinker

IMG_1262.GIF

IMG_2405.jpg

20240814_222546 (1).jpg

Ive worn it stacked with all different bracelets but so far i just prefer it alone. i might try the thin WG love bangle. I liked it with the guilloche but worried about scratching the guilloche. The watch i didnt care about scratching, i feel like if you wear it, it is going to get scratched, but I am sure mine is more scratched than if i wore it alone.

I love stories with happy endings for both watches and life!! Glad you met your soul mate.. have a kick @ss job and treated yourself to a fabulous birthday gift.
Enjoy it all!:kiss2:

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I love stories with happy endings for both watches and life!! Glad you met your soul mate.. have a kick @ss job and treated yourself to a fabulous birthday gift.
Enjoy it all!:kiss2:

Thank you! it's definitely a happy ending, and even though life was hard for a while, i wouldn't change a thing!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

20240814_223829.jpg

IMG_1262.GIF

IMG_2405.jpg

20240814_222546 (1).jpg

I love this. I absolutely LOVE it when people achieve something ‘for themselves’ with hard flipping graft, blood, sweat & tears. I’m sorry your ex behaved like he did (mine was the same & very controlling & we weren’t married, so eventually when I walked away, it was clean & relatively easy) but we grow from these experiences, straighten our crowns & remember who we are.

That WATCH! Gah! It’s perfect for you & I love the rosey glow. It really, really suits your skin. And do we know about the rings?? I honestly think most classic bracelets go with a Rolex & you’re right about the scratches. I have worn mine alone since I got it, but the gold has already buffed up somewhat.

Thank you SO much for posting the beautiful pictures & the story behind it. You will treasure that watch forever, because you earned it & it’s such a significant thing in your heart.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

20240814_223829.jpg

IMG_1262.GIF

IMG_2405.jpg

20240814_222546 (1).jpg

Ring(s) stories please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I love this. I absolutely LOVE it when people achieve something ‘for themselves’ with hard flipping graft, blood, sweat & tears. I’m sorry your ex behaved like he did (mine was the same & very controlling & we weren’t married, so eventually when I walked away, it was clean & relatively easy) but we grow from these experiences, straighten our crowns & remember who we are.

That WATCH! Gah! It’s perfect for you & I love the rosey glow. It really, really suits your skin. And do we know about the rings?? I honestly think most classic bracelets go with a Rolex & you’re right about the scratches. I have worn mine alone since I got it, but the gold has already buffed up somewhat.

Thank you SO much for posting the beautiful pictures & the story behind it. You will treasure that watch forever, because you earned it & it’s such a significant thing in your heart.

Thank you, you made me tear up! I'm sorry you also had that experience - yes, you hit the nail on the head, very controlling. I think it just makes us resilient when we come away from that. We never got married either actually, we lived together and were together for 7 years, I believed his lies about it "just being a piece of paper", it was really hard for a while but I am glad for that experience and it made me into who I am and I feel like maybe I appreciate the things more because of all that?? Like, I appreciate the man I have now so much, I appreciate my savings I worked so hard for so much, I appreciate the ability to buy the jewelry...

Sometimes I think i should have gotten the yachtmaster or something not so dressy, but here I am in my office in leggings and sneakers not giving a darn.

I think you're onto something, maybe a tiara next...

IMG_6052.jpg

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Ring(s) stories please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

LOL!! Thank you for liking them!! The one set is a natural untreated ruby/lab diamond that i have a whole thread on in Jewelry Pieces board, the other one is a 3 ct Old Mine Pear bypass ring made by David Klass

Then the other set is a 1920-1950's (no clue) cocktail ring, I dont know much about it, I got it from a pawn shop, the diamond is an OEC but the overall design screams 1950, and then i have a Yeprem between the finger ring on my middle finger. I am OBSESSED with Yeprem, i wish I had more money and more fingers... LOL!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL!! Thank you for liking them!! The one set is a natural untreated ruby/lab diamond that i have a whole thread on in Jewelry Pieces board, the other one is a 3 ct Old Mine Pear bypass ring made by David Klass

Then the other set is a 1920-1950's (no clue) cocktail ring, I dont know much about it, I got it from a pawn shop, the diamond is an OEC but the overall design screams 1950, and then i have a Yeprem between the finger ring on my middle finger. I am OBSESSED with Yeprem, i wish I had more money and more fingers... LOL!!!

Stunning pieces! If you ever get tired of your pawn shop ring......just sayin! LOL And thanks a lot of another site (Yeprem) to ogle....another hour of my life I won't get back!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning pieces! If you ever get tired of your pawn shop ring......just sayin! LOL And thanks a lot of another site (Yeprem) to ogle....another hour of my life I won't get back!

I don't think I've ever seen any ring like yours from a pawn shop. What a stunning find. Maybe I need to go to Monaco?:cool2::P2

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharing my Tank Louis, my favorite watch to date. I sold my little WG lady president to justify purchasing this one and never looked back thanks for letting me share! IMG_8918.jpeg IMG_8919.jpeg

Just gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results