shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

I tried on the new Perlee pieces in RG which surprisingly looked better IRL:

IMG_5990.jpegIMG_5970.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh, and I loved the RG Frivole earrings! Adding them to my VCA wishlist!

IMG_5957.jpeg

I went to VCA in Tokyo, and I promised myself then and there that ONE DAY the two butterflies necklace would be mine. I was so tempted, but just couldn't swing it. I think my next big promotion at work, this baby will be mine...I'd also love to see the pink sapphire version one day IRL. I've tried the turquoise too, but the pave is sooooo feminine and pretty and I'd just...live in it.

Sharing pictures for fun. Didn't want to take it off

IMG_1789.jpg

The ring is also charming, but I don't think I'd wear it much.

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

The pave two butterflies style looks fab on you, @Cerulean ! Another plus is that it shouldn't be to hard to find in stock once you are ready to eventually purchase!

The pave two butterflies style looks fab on you, @Cerulean ! Another plus is that it shouldn't be to hard to find in stock once you are ready to eventually purchase!

That’s really good to know - I am always worried their stock is fleeting.

I went to VCA in Tokyo, and I promised myself then and there that ONE DAY the two butterflies necklace would be mine. I was so tempted, but just couldn't swing it. I think my next big promotion at work, this baby will be mine...I'd also love to see the pink sapphire version one day IRL. I've tried the turquoise too, but the pave is sooooo feminine and pretty and I'd just...live in it.

IMG_1789.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

I LOVE the butterfly combined with Frivole earrings! So pretty!

IMG_1789.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

Ooh I’m loving the flora and fauna vibe with your Frivoles! The pave version looks incredibly wearable too!!

IMG_1789.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

These both look gorgeous on you!

(And your manicure is lovely! You could be a hand model!)

That ring on you! OMG! Buy it and wear it always.

Hello! My husband surprised me with these MOP Alhambra earrings for my bday. I've wanted them for over a year but I'm not sure I like how it looks on me. I have very high piercing holes. The hinge is visible and the post is probably too short because it faces up instead of vertical. Do you think adjustments can be made to make it hang lower and lengthen the post?

I've also recently started eying the Bvlgari Divas Dream instead. Would you prefer the Alhambra or the Divas Dream? DD happens to be $1k less expensive too.

Screen Shot 2024-07-13 at 6.18.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-07-13 at 6.17.10 PM.png

Hello! My husband surprised me with these MOP Alhambra earrings for my bday. I've wanted them for over a year but I'm not sure I like how it looks on me. I have very high piercing holes. The hinge is visible and the post is probably too short because it faces up instead of vertical. Do you think adjustments can be made to make it hang lower and lengthen the post?

I've also recently started eying the Bvlgari Divas Dream instead. Would you prefer the Alhambra or the Divas Dream? DD happens to be $1k less expensive too.
After exploring the forum, I found my answer regarding adjustments from the ever helpful Yssie. My piercing to lobe measures 11cm on one ear and 10cm on the other. I will talk to VCA services about clearance and report back. This forum is so informative!

Apologies for the multiple posts but you can probably tell that I'm having second thoughts about my new earrings.

I've tried another pair of WMOP Alhambra on at a boutique and I remembered that the body looked white and it was glowy even indoors. There were other items I wanted more at the time so I let those go.

Fast forward a year, this pair was ordered online and the overtone looks beige/gray to me. I even questioned if it was GMOP when I first opened the box. The white paper it is sitting on reflects white onto it and makes it look whiter than it really is. I've looked at it indoors, outdoors, in multiple lighting situations over the past 24 hours. It typically looks like the blurrier picture (more beige). Is this body color normal for other WMOP owners? Also, one earring surface is pitted/bumpy while the other is satiny with smooth grain. Should the earring face textures match better? It's hard because I don't live near a boutique and I can't see and pick the pair I like in person. Thanks for your thoughts!

Attachments

• IMG_6211.jpg
    IMG_6211.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6212.jpg
    IMG_6212.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6219.jpg
    IMG_6219.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Apologies for the multiple posts but you can probably tell that I'm having second thoughts about my new earrings.

I've tried another pair of WMOP Alhambra on at a boutique and I remembered that the body looked white and it was glowy even indoors. There were other items I wanted more at the time so I let those go.

Fast forward a year, this pair was ordered online and the overtone looks beige/gray to me. I even questioned if it was GMOP when I first opened the box. The white paper it is sitting on reflects white onto it and makes it look whiter than it really is. I've looked at it indoors, outdoors, in multiple lighting situations over the past 24 hours. It typically looks like the blurrier picture (more beige). Is this body color normal for other WMOP owners? Also, one earring surface is pitted/bumpy while the other is satiny with smooth grain. Should the earring face textures match better? It's hard because I don't live near a boutique and I can't see and pick the pair I like in person. Thanks for your thoughts!

Hi there! I think it’s difficult to capture the look of MOP as it depends so much on the lighting conditions but I will admit that it feels like if you have this many reservations about your pair, it might be worth getting them exchanged. Even if you don’t live near a boutique, VCA (hopefully!) should have good returns policies. Maybe even buy two pairs and choose your favourite!

The only WMOP piece I own is my Magic 4-motifs. They can sometimes look grey (esp in direct lighting) but are usually fairly bright. You’ll notice in one of my pics that the various motifs are golden/white/grey depending on the orientation.

Regarding the texture, some motifs are satiny and some are bumpy. I don’t mind the natural variation and in any case, I think from a “social distance”, very very few people will notice :)

ETA: regarding your prior post about the visible hinge, this is also my biggest issue with the Vintage sized studs! I’m not sure whether hinge adjustments will solve the issue, but I do know that a Magic sized motif doesn’t have a visible hinge on me, so if I were to buy a pair of larger studs (I own the Sweet onyx already), I would personally opt for the Magic (the top motif of the Magic 4-motif is the same size as a Magic stud motif).

IMG_4832.jpegIMG_4850.jpeg
IMG_2793.jpeg
IMG_4787.jpeg
IMG_2776.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you, Pomelo! I love the magic 4-motifs on you :kiss2: You have a very eclectic style!

I received a response from VCA--they told me it's too hard to advise on adjustments virtually and that I should go to a boutique.

I can see what you mean about how the motifs look different under different lighting conditions. Maybe it's not the color, just how it looks/feels to me. I'm going to return them and maybe try the magic size next time I'm in a city with a boutique. I never considered the magic size but it looks really good on you! Thanks for hearing me out!

I haven't seen any single magic sized earrings in several years at any of the boutiques. I heard they aren't even taking orders for any magic earrings currently. I am fortunate to have purchased the magic pave WG earrings pre-pandemic--it is more of a special occasion piece for me.

I do have the shorter magic MOP necklace in WG. It is a beautiful pearly white irridescent color. It has some natural variation in the texture as well.

i love the divas dream earrings and i personally prefer them over the vca alhambra studs. they have a beautiful movement to them and should be able to accommodate your high piercings. i have super large lobes with high piercing, but they can definitely cover my lobe. i don’t have them but here’s a pic of me trying them on—just held up to my ears since my piercings were still fresh then. IMG_2765.jpeg

i love the divas dream earrings and i personally prefer them over the vca alhambra studs. they have a beautiful movement to them and should be able to accommodate your high piercings. i have super large lobes with high piercing, but they can definitely cover my lobe. i don’t have them but here’s a pic of me trying them on—just held up to my ears since my piercings were still fresh then. IMG_2765.jpeg

Thank you for sharing this photo! I think I need a vacation to go try this on now.

I haven't seen any single magic sized earrings in several years at any of the boutiques. I heard they aren't even taking orders for any magic earrings currently. I am fortunate to have purchased the magic pave WG earrings pre-pandemic--it is more of a special occasion piece for me.

I do have the shorter magic MOP necklace in WG. It is a beautiful pearly white irridescent color. It has some natural variation in the texture as well.
Oh the magic pave earrings sound amazing! Very fortunate indeed to get it when it was still available!

Thank you for confirming that the texture variation is common <3

IMG_1789.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

This ring!!! I adore this ring and its been on my list for al long time. Looks amazing on your hand. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Funny that I haven't been on PS for a while and this is the first thing I see when opening this thread. Maybe its a sign!

@LLJsmom These are a wonderful elevated classic pair! Out of interest, how big are they and how do they compare to your pave Sweets?

Earrings to earlobe ratio! I’d never thought about it before, but (as always!) @yssie hits the nail on the head. It’s a bit harder to measure earlobes but I’m gonna give it a go :lol-2:

Reminds me of when @Tonks calculated the perfect solitaire finger coverage ratio for Vivien… it was a real geeky fangirl moment for me :geek2:

Hi @Pomelo, sorry I missed your question from long ago. It’s bigger but not by a lot. I’ve been wearing them a lot. :)

I’m back with more VCA eye candy to show (while doing research on RG pieces):

IMG_5945.jpeg
Such eye candy! They have so many pendants but earrings are so scarce.

My newest. I am loving it. I actually match now.
IMG_3061.jpeg

You do match. I think this is a first in the entire time I’ve known you. Way to opt in with flourish :bigsmile:

IMG_1789.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

Oh man. I am so far behind on, like, #life. Mine and everyone else’s. I need to text you guys after work!!

But, um, yes. The butterfly. Next promo. You look so fab in turquoise. You must have it.

Went to my boutique a couple days ago.

This piece absolutely stole the show. When I saw it in the case… I’ve only ever seen photos in coffee table books. I didn’t even think they still made it!! This is the rarest of the mystery-set butterflies - mostly because of how difficult emeralds are to work with this way. My phone doesn’t do the colour justice. Those melee-sized squares were this unbelievably rich, deep, saturated, velvet green IRL, no grey, no blue - an absolute dream :love:

IMG_2234.jpeg

IMG_2236.jpeg

IMG_2244.jpeg

These rings are honestly so much better in-person than in photos. Easy and fun. I prefer the green and black colour combo but my eyes noped straight outta that striation orientation situation :shock:

IMG_2259.jpeg

IMG_2261.jpeg

IMG_2217.jpeg

The new Perlee bracelets. Nope. Really not my thing. Heavy AF though, they def didn’t skimp on metal!

1721586033740.jpeg

But the earrings, those are really lovely! Apparently they’re limited. Price point is too dear for me to actually consider it but in an alternate life… Quite heavy, but very showy, and beautifully designed with minimal articulation :love:

1721587173096.jpeg

I‘ve been wanting a RG ring to wear with my MOP Cosmos earrings. Chose the two-butterfly BTF, should be here in a few days ::)

Last edited:
Went to my boutique a couple days ago.

This piece absolutely stole the show. When I saw it in the case… I’ve only ever seen photos in coffee table books. I didn’t even think they still made it!! This is the rarest of the mystery-set butterflies - mostly because of how difficult emeralds are to work with this way. My phone doesn’t do the colour justice. Those melee-sized squares were this unbelievably rich, deep, saturated, velvet green IRL, no grey, no blue - an absolute dream :love:

IMG_2234.jpeg

IMG_2236.jpeg

IMG_2244.jpeg

These rings are honestly so much better in-person than in photos. Easy and fun. I prefer the green and black colour combo but my eyes noped straight outta that striation orientation situation :shock:

IMG_2259.jpeg

IMG_2261.jpeg

IMG_2217.jpeg

The new Perlee bracelets. Nope. Really not my thing. Heavy AF though, they def didn’t skimp on metal!

1721586033740.jpeg

But the earrings, those are really lovely! Apparently they’re limited. Price point is too dear for me to actually consider it but in an alternate life… Quite heavy, but very showy, and beautifully designed with minimal articulation :love:

1721587173096.jpeg

I‘ve been wanting a RG ring to wear with my MOP Cosmos earrings. Chose the two-butterfly BTF, should be here in a few days ::)

Can’t wait to see your two butterfly BTF!

And woaw, that emerald mystery set butterfly is incredible. I’m always amazed by the craftsmanship of the mystery setting, it just looks so clean and crisp!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP