shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Honestly, I wouldn't buy pre-loved VCA unless it is a retired/no longer made item. Why? For three reasons:

1. Pre-loved pieces are often priced the same, or even MORE than the same items bought new.

2. There are a ton of fakes out there, including super fakes, that are indistinguishable from the real pieces. This means that even reputable vendors, who think they are selling authentic pre-loved pieces, can sell a fake without realizing it. Super fakes often come with their own "original documents" such as receipts, signed certificates of authenticity, boxes, bags, etc.

3. For the VCA pieces that use stones such as malachite, lapis, turquoise, agate, MOP, even carnelian and onyx, the stones are extremely sensitive to decay with wear and improper treatment. For example, even getting these stones wet can shrink the motifs on an Alhambra piece. Also, oils and perfumes will dull the luster on the stones. So the average jewelry buyer who may have had the piece before may very well have cleaned their piece in soap and water, or worn it in the shower, or worn it with sunscreen and/or perfume.

Be careful! Buying VCA pre-loved is NOT the same as buying Tiffany, Cartier, etc pre-loved.

Thank you! Voice of reason!

So curious what the new SO mandate and process will be. If there’s a new prerequisite for high jewellery - my guess is that flowerlace will skyrocket in popularity!

I also wonder if they will limit Alhambra SOs per profile. That’s got to be the majority of requests by a massive margin.

So curious what the new SO mandate and process will be. If there’s a new prerequisite for high jewellery - my guess is that flowerlace will skyrocket in popularity!

I also wonder if they will limit Alhambra SOs per profile. That’s got to be the majority of requests by a massive margin.

I was just having this exact conversation re: Flowerlace! :lol:

Curious if anyone is getting the new 2024 holiday pendant?
Need mod photos ;)2

Curious if anyone is getting the new 2024 holiday pendant?
Need mod photos ;)2

Me! I am getting it lengthened so it will take about 10 days before I receive it.

I know. I’m dying to find out. Maybe we can still do the MTOs and maybe they will allow if you’re trying to complete a set.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP