shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

Ok, they finally got back to me, and claim it's not the same stone as the 0.93ct, but said that one did recently sell and they forgot to mark it as sold. They didn't acknowledge my question about why the stone I received is 20-30 points lighter than their estimate, as well as not being the same size as the photo of the stone in calipers. So I'm going to consider this chapter closed, and move along. Ultimately, I have bigger worries in life. Sorry for high jacking this thread, everyone! Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Ok, they finally got back to me, and claim it's not the same stone as the 0.93ct, but said that one did recently sell and they forgot to mark it as sold. They didn't acknowledge my question about why the stone I received is 20-30 points lighter than their estimate, as well as not being the same size as the photo of the stone in calipers. So I'm going to consider this chapter closed, and move along. Sorry for high jacking this thread, everyone! Back to your regular broadcast.

I’m so sorry. What a horrible experience. The people who were scammed by her on IG have said they be open to talking with you if you change your mind and want to try to contest the purchase.

I’m so sorry. What a horrible experience. The people who were scammed by her on IG have said they be open to talking with you if you change your mind and want to try to contest the purchase.

Luckily, my grievance is very minor compared to theirs, and since the communication from the seller was light on detail to begin with, I would likely have a hard time proving anything. I did not get a bargain, but it feels like the price I paid was at least fair, so I'll consider myself lucky. But thank you again.

ETA: they followed up to tell me they definitely sent me the correct stone, and how the stone they sent was the one in the photo measuring 6.46mm, and that I got a great deal. :roll2:

Last edited:
Luckily, my grievance is very minor compared to theirs, and since the communication from the seller was light on detail to begin with, I would likely have a hard time proving anything. I did not get a bargain, but it feels like the price I paid was at least fair, so I'll consider myself lucky. But thank you again.

ETA: they followed up to tell me they definitely sent me the correct stone, and how the stone they sent was the one in the photo measuring 6.46mm, and that I got a great deal. :roll2:

I'm so sorry.

Honestly, your experience is mirroring experiences I'm having with three different vendors. All three are refusing to listen to what I'm asking for and just doing their own thing, have terrible communication, and are screwing up as well as outright trying to scam me. It's been absolutely horrible. On Reddit, I'm seeing lots of people getting terribly screwed over by vendors that had previously been considered trusted vendors. I don't know what is wrong with this industry. Is it just the jewelry industry that has become so outrageously predatory and sh*tty in quality? Or is this just how everyone does business these days?

It's honestly been so bad that I've decided that I'm only going to get one more piece - a nice-looking OEC or transitional in a simple, decent setting - and that's it. Done. No more retail purchases - only preloved from other Pricescopers. I'm not willing to put myself through this anymore.

Sorry - didn't mean to hijack anything. I'm just so upset for you and the other people that vendor screwed over, and the state of the industry in general.

So just so I understand, the stone you have doesn't measure 6.46 mm? It will be interesting to see what measurements GIA comes up with. I guess if you like the stone, and feel the price was fair, that makes it okay. Any idea why the other .93 ct stone she posted would be $2800? Wasn't the one you thought you were getting $1500? Maybe think of it as a bargain, if you actually got the .93 she posted (which sounds the most likely). I think it would unusual for her to have two OMC's that weigh the exact same thing, but maybe she did.

@lala646 so disappointing :( thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I'm so sorry.

Honestly, your experience is mirroring experiences I'm having with three different vendors. All three are refusing to listen to what I'm asking for and just doing their own thing, have terrible communication, and are screwing up as well as outright trying to scam me. It's been absolutely horrible. On Reddit, I'm seeing lots of people getting terribly screwed over by vendors that had previously been considered trusted vendors. I don't know what is wrong with this industry. Is it just the jewelry industry that has become so outrageously predatory and sh*tty in quality? Or is this just how everyone does business these days?

It's honestly been so bad that I've decided that I'm only going to get one more piece - a nice-looking OEC or transitional in a simple, decent setting - and that's it. Done. No more retail purchases - only preloved from other Pricescopers. I'm not willing to put myself through this anymore.

Sorry - didn't mean to hijack anything. I'm just so upset for you and the other people that vendor screwed over, and the state of the industry in general.

I'm really sorry you're having so many bad experiences. I hope you end up with good outcomes, even if the process is unpleasant. I do still believe there are some really great, trustworthy vendors out there, but the way the industry has changed in recent years, especially with so many vendors selling on Insta, Reddit, and WhatsApp, there's just no oversight at all. If a vendor only accepts payment via wire or Zelle, you have zero recourse. So I definitely understand your reticence.

So just so I understand, the stone you have doesn't measure 6.46 mm? It will be interesting to see what measurements GIA comes up with. I guess if you like the stone, and feel the price was fair, that makes it okay. Any idea why the other .93 ct stone she posted would be $2800? Wasn't the one you thought you were getting $1500? Maybe think of it as a bargain, if you actually got the .93 she posted (which sounds the most likely). I think it would unusual for her to have two OMC's that weigh the exact same thing, but maybe she did.

Yeah, it's been a weird ride. Either they're on here, or someone tipped them off that I had posted, because they sent me a screenshot. They've left multiple voice memos I've not listened to, because it started feeling very combative. 1722700889859.png

No, the stone I received does not match the measurements of the stone they say they sent me. I got a message from GIA today that the stone is ready for pickup, so I'll go get it next week, and we'll see. It would definitely be quite a coincidence if they had two matching stones. And I'm not sure why the stone I was buying was so much cheaper than all their other stones, But given their response, I'm just done and ready to close the book, and try to enjoy the stone. It really is very pretty, and I don't want it to have negative associations.

Yeah, it's been a weird ride. Either they're on here, or someone tipped them off that I had posted, because they sent me a screenshot. They've left multiple voice memos I've not listened to, because it started feeling very combative. 1722700889859.png

No, the stone I received does not match the measurements of the stone they say they sent me. I got a message from GIA today that the stone is ready for pickup, so I'll go get it next week, and we'll see. It would definitely be quite a coincidence if they had two matching stones. And I'm not sure why the stone I was buying was so much cheaper than all their other stones, But given their response, I'm just done and ready to close the book, and try to enjoy the stone. It really is very pretty, and I don't want it to have negative associations.

When someone reacts this way it’s a red flag; it’s not professional at all. I’m sorry that you have had this experience and hope you can still enjoy the stone! It will serve as a warning to others. Not gonna lie though I’m curious about what those voice message say :lol:

“I sell what the dealer sends me and don’t take my own measurements” well that’s just shoddy business practice and “I didn’t know” is not an excuse for misrepresentation. Too many red flags. Block and move on for sure!

What was color and clarity per GIA?

“I sell what the dealer sends me and don’t take my own measurements” well that’s just shoddy business practice and “I didn’t know” is not an excuse for misrepresentation. Too many red flags. Block and move on for sure!

What was color and clarity per GIA?

1722706116380.png
If it's not the same stone, it's at very least its twin.
Screenshot_20240802_172528_Instagram.jpg
And definitely isn't what I thought I purchased, which was this:IMG_20240710_195534_252.jpg

I'd be hard pressed to say that isn't the same stone. I just have a hard time believing she had two stones so close. The only difference is the clarity and we know that can depend on the grader. There's no way the stone that you got could have measured 6.4mm. But again, if you got the stone in the cert she sent you, she had it priced at $2800. I keep thinking though, whatever happened to "the customer is always right"??? hah.

Oh yeah that’s the same stone (the other stone) there is no doubt. But you got one grade higher in clarity! And with those specs that is a very nice price. Win for you!

Maybe. Or perhaps a PSer alerted her. We will probably never know. All we know is what she texted. That’s enough.

And her texts are extremely inappropriate too. A reasonable person wouldn't respond like that. The stone looks lovely and I'm glad that it has great stats, so hopefully now you can put this all behind you! What do you think you'll do with it, @lala646?

And her texts are extremely inappropriate too. A reasonable person wouldn't respond like that. The stone looks lovely and I'm glad that it has great stats, so hopefully now you can put this all behind you! What do you think you'll do with it, @lala646?

Yeah, the final communication from them was that I was confused on what stone I was purchasing (even though I was actually very clear), so my fault, not theirs. Whatever.

I would love to say I have some grand plan, but I don't yet. I have a bad habit of collecting stones, and I guess hoarding them like a bridge troll. :lol-2: I need to get my sh*t together and start doing something with them vs just warehousing them.

Yeah, the final communication from them was that I was confused on what stone I was purchasing (even though I was actually very clear), so my fault, not theirs. Whatever.

I would love to say I have some grand plan, but I don't yet. I have a bad habit of collecting stones, and I guess hoarding them like a bridge troll. :lol-2: I need to get my sh*t together and start doing something with them vs just warehousing them.

I share your tendencies! ;)2

I've always loved this Tiffany engagement ring setting in particular. 0.43ct center stone with the Tiffany certificate but god forbid TRR actually tell potential buyers what the real stats are. If anyone wants a petite ring in a fun setting in size 4.75, though, I think this is so lovely. $2500.

Same one sold on eBay for $2500 in this carat weight in June but the others ones for sale currently are more like $3500+. https://www.ebay.com/itm/175896688023

TRR photos:

1722805372361.png

Tiffany photos:
1722805671330.png
1722805635045.png

These stones don't look amazing but maybe it's just dirty. 18k YG, 9g, 6.5mm wide, est. 1.86ctw for $1500
1722805928602.png
Excellent condition Mikimoto ring in size 5 for $925, 9-9.5mm pearl:
1722806014849.png
1722806081266.png
Needs a little rehab but could be a good setting for someone. 18k gold, size 5.25, $475
1722806405339.png
1722806300723.png

I've always loved this Tiffany engagement ring setting in particular. 0.43ct center stone with the Tiffany certificate but god forbid TRR actually tell potential buyers what the real stats are. If anyone wants a petite ring in a fun setting in size 4.75, though, I think this is so lovely. $2500.

Same one sold on eBay for $2500 in this carat weight in June but the others ones for sale currently are more like $3500+. https://www.ebay.com/itm/175896688023

TRR photos:

1722805372361.png

Tiffany photos:
1722805671330.png
1722805635045.png

These stones don't look amazing but maybe it's just dirty. 18k YG, 9g, 6.5mm wide, est. 1.86ctw for $1500
1722805928602.png
1722806014849.png
1722806081266.png
Needs a little rehab but could be a good setting for someone. 18k gold, size 5.25, $475
1722806405339.png
1722806300723.png

I've always loved the tiffany ribbon ring. So lovely

I want this BADLY. Why did I pay my property taxes while this was listed on ebay?

TRR photos:

1722805372361.png

Tiffany photos:
1722805671330.png
1722805635045.png

1722805928602.png
1722806014849.png
1722806081266.png
1722806405339.png
1722806300723.png

Thanks for the heads up! I bit on the nephrite jade ring. I have a cat’s eye chrysoberyl that might look pretty spiffy in this setting.

Thanks for the heads up! I bit on the nephrite jade ring. I have a cat’s eye chrysoberyl that might look pretty spiffy in this setting.

oh, I hope it works well for you! Please let us know!

For my maybe/maybe not Suzanne Kalan earrings purchased from TRR update:

First, they were SO GROSS when they got here. Like clearly had not been cleaned even a little bit, there was visible gunk everywhere. Ewwwwwww. They looked a lot better after a cleaning! Unfortunately there was no hallmark that I could find except for a small 18k on the earring post. After studying the photos of real SK earrings listed on Net-a-Porter, these do look identical (including the polished outside surface and unpolished inside surface) and there's no visible hallmark on the real ones either, but I can't see the full earring post on that listing so maybe it's there.

I looked at every other pair of SK earrings I could find photos of online and some do have this exact post with only the 18k hallmark but those typically have the designer signature somewhere on the body of the earrings. However the weight is higher than TRR said so it does exactly match the weights of the real ones (I think TRR weighed them without the backs).

Sooooo I'm not sure where to go from here! I have never worn hoops before so I'm also trying them out to see how I like them. I figure that even if I did wear them a bit around the house, I would still return them in much better shape than how I received them.

Photos:
1722909601723.png
1722909616472.png
1722910373168.png
Real ones from Net-a-Porter:
1722909703129.png
And here's the previous comparison photo I posted of the ones I got (on top) versus another pair that's known SK (on the bottom), looking extremely identical:
1722909958349.png

For my maybe/maybe not Suzanne Kalan earrings purchased from TRR update:

First, they were SO GROSS when they got here. Like clearly had not been cleaned even a little bit, there was visible gunk everywhere. Ewwwwwww. They looked a lot better after a cleaning! Unfortunately there was no hallmark that I could find except for a small 18k on the earring post. After studying the photos of real SK earrings listed on Net-a-Porter, these do look identical (including the polished outside surface and unpolished inside surface) and there's no visible hallmark on the real ones either, but I can't see the full earring post on that listing so maybe it's there.

I looked at every other pair of SK earrings I could find photos of online and some do have this exact post with only the 18k hallmark but those typically have the designer signature somewhere on the body of the earrings. However the weight is higher than TRR said so it does exactly match the weights of the real ones (I think TRR weighed them without the backs).

Sooooo I'm not sure where to go from here! I have never worn hoops before so I'm also trying them out to see how I like them. I figure that even if I did wear them a bit around the house, I would still return them in much better shape than how I received them.

Photos:
1722909601723.png
1722909616472.png
1722910373168.png
Real ones from Net-a-Porter:
1722909703129.png
And here's the previous comparison photo I posted of the ones I got (on top) versus another pair that's known SK (on the bottom), looking extremely identical:
1722909958349.png

What was the price? They look great on your ear real or not.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results