shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

IMG_2622.png

It’s a ringdant with a 16 ct aqua.

@winnietucker thanks for posting this! A few years ago, I missed out on a heart shaped aqua with an OEC halo. I have been thinking about that ring ever since then. I gave this one a try-such a good price. But-guess what-it's actually marked and it's 12.75 ct! Irl, I didn't love love it so back it went...

With MM for a size comp:

IMG_5976.jpg

@newtojewels Oh wow, those hoops are so cool. Thank goodness you rescued them from being filthy! It's so disgusting how they refuse to use an ultrasonic.

I'll say -- I think something fishy is happening. I recently bought a pair of what looked like Renee Lewis earrings (which I think is a made up brand for Saks, but that's neither here nor there), but they also were unsigned, yet identical.

Perhaps they're samples? It's hard to say.

There's no way to buy a known SK piece to compare, is there?

@lulu_ma WOWZA!!! STUNNING! You have exceptional taste!! That looks like something that should be at Sotheby's!!

@lulu_ma WOWZA!!! STUNNING! You have exceptional taste!! That looks like something that should be at Sotheby's!!

It was all Winnie Tucker. It went back so it'll be up for grabs again!

Love this necklace with the cutest little old cut pear - but the necklace is only 15", so no go for me.
1722964073974.png1722964060953.png

It’s that necklace design it would be way to add another station to lengthen it, if someone wanted to do that.

Thanks for the heads up! I bit on the nephrite jade ring. I have a cat’s eye chrysoberyl that might look pretty spiffy in this setting.

Very nice setting, it’s going to look spectacular with a cat’s eye! (I think the yellow gold will beautifully enhance with a more yellow toned stone.)

For my maybe/maybe not Suzanne Kalan earrings purchased from TRR update:

First, they were SO GROSS when they got here. Like clearly had not been cleaned even a little bit, there was visible gunk everywhere. Ewwwwwww. They looked a lot better after a cleaning! Unfortunately there was no hallmark that I could find except for a small 18k on the earring post. After studying the photos of real SK earrings listed on Net-a-Porter, these do look identical (including the polished outside surface and unpolished inside surface) and there's no visible hallmark on the real ones either, but I can't see the full earring post on that listing so maybe it's there.

I looked at every other pair of SK earrings I could find photos of online and some do have this exact post with only the 18k hallmark but those typically have the designer signature somewhere on the body of the earrings. However the weight is higher than TRR said so it does exactly match the weights of the real ones (I think TRR weighed them without the backs).

Sooooo I'm not sure where to go from here! I have never worn hoops before so I'm also trying them out to see how I like them. I figure that even if I did wear them a bit around the house, I would still return them in much better shape than how I received them.

Photos:
1722909601723.png
1722909616472.png
1722910373168.png
Real ones from Net-a-Porter:
1722909703129.png
And here's the previous comparison photo I posted of the ones I got (on top) versus another pair that's known SK (on the bottom), looking extremely identical:
1722909958349.png

They look so pretty in your own photos, color seems to pop more. I think they are great.

Very nice setting, it’s going to look spectacular with a cat’s eye! (I think the yellow gold will beautifully enhance with a more yellow toned stone.)

Thank you. That’s my hope.

thank you. I bought it in a ballerina setting years ago and put a paraiba cab in instead. Been looking for a setting for the cats eye ever since. IMG_8961.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8962.jpeg
    IMG_8962.jpeg
    237 KB · Views: 14
1850 pounds, I’m literally walking in to work but wanted to post this since I just saw it on IG

IMG_0412.jpeg

Love this necklace with the cutest little old cut pear - but the necklace is only 15", so no go for me.
1722964073974.png1722964060953.png
I don't know how much added length you would need, but what about a necklace extender? Would that work? I know it wouldn't match exactly, but if your hair covers your neck, would it matter? I love the necklace as well.

@newtojewels Oh wow, those hoops are so cool. Thank goodness you rescued them from being filthy! It's so disgusting how they refuse to use an ultrasonic.

I'll say -- I think something fishy is happening. I recently bought a pair of what looked like Renee Lewis earrings (which I think is a made up brand for Saks, but that's neither here nor there), but they also were unsigned, yet identical.

Perhaps they're samples? It's hard to say.

There's no way to buy a known SK piece to compare, is there?

Huh! That's very odd that you had the same thing happen. What did you decide to do with yours? Mine were clearly pre-owned so it doesn't seem like a sample unless they were purchased as such... And to get comps, I guess I could buy the YG ones too! But I don't think they would arrive within the return period and would be a ot of money to have on the credit card at once. They carry SK at the local Neiman Marcus so I could also go there but they almost certainly won't have this exact style.....

Huh! That's very odd that you had the same thing happen. What did you decide to do with yours? Mine were clearly pre-owned so it doesn't seem like a sample unless they were purchased as such... And to get comps, I guess I could buy the YG ones too! But I don't think they would arrive within the return period and would be a ot of money to have on the credit card at once. They carry SK at the local Neiman Marcus so I could also go there but they almost certainly won't have this exact style.....

But do you like them? And did you pay a premium for the brand? And is your appreciation based on the name branding (in part)? <— totally fine if it is!

@newtojewels I sent them back because I didn't like them, signed or unsigned. It was just weird all around though.

But do you like them? And did you pay a premium for the brand? And is your appreciation based on the name branding (in part)? <— totally fine if it is!

I like them but I don't think they're totally 'me' so back they go! Them not being definitely a designer piece does make that easier because I don't like the idea personally of owning such an exact copy. They are pretty, though, in case someone else was eyeing them and is willing to take the risk!

@newtojewels I sent them back because I didn't like them, signed or unsigned. It was just weird all around though.

I decided to send these back too! They're pretty post-cleaning but I just don't think I'll reach for them in 5-10 years and I'm trying to only keep pieces that I will want longer term. But thanks for sharing your experience! So odd.

Super pricey but in case anyone wants Tiffany in a larger ring size. This is supposed to be a size 12! Who knows if that's accurate but it's definitely a much bigger ring size than the example on the Tiffany website and it's half off! Still $7,345, but maybe someone has just been waiting for this to appear.

1723246076806.png
1723246088563.png
Clearly a much smaller ring size in the Tiffany photo so maybe the one on TRR really is a 12:
1723246143273.png

This bracelet has been in and out of a lot of people's carts (including mine!) but it hasn't sold yet. Retail is $3600, listed for $1300. 18k rose gold, 0.9ctw, 5.9g, for a small wrist (6"-6.25" circumference):
1723246353486.png
probably the original, claiming F/VS stones: https://theprivateroom.co/products/the-private-room-diamond-bangle?variant=37143233069244
Looks like it (or something very similar) was also sold at Neimans, though I can't get the price, stats, or better photos on their website anymore since it's older: https://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/criv...ead-cuff-bracelet-with-diamonds-prod205110021

@Mjay … the high crown on that old mine :kiss2:

Lucky for me, I don’t care for D-F diamonds, lol! I’m more of an I/J/K girl ❤️

@Mjay … the high crown on that old mine :kiss2:

Lucky for me, I don’t care for D-F diamonds, lol! I’m more of an I/J/K girl ❤️

Same! It’s an incredible ring but I’m definitely an end of the alphabet kind of girl!

Guys!! Vintage McTeigue & McClelland Flora ring - 0.52ct I VS2 / size 6 - $3,400
Someone please go scoop it up!!!
1723417218298.png

OMG. This setting is so beautiful, I love that whole collection.

I purchased an antique bracelet and some MC2 earrings from McTeigue during this slowwww closing sale and it all went smoothly. I don't need a solitaire but I agree that someone on PS (who isn't me!) needs this. There's also the Aqueduct ring that has been posted before but I'll just bump it again. 1.74ct! MC2! Only $8500!

1723420482977.png

OMG. This setting is so beautiful, I love that whole collection.

I purchased an antique bracelet and some MC2 earrings from McTeigue during this slowwww closing sale and it all went smoothly. I don't need a solitaire but I agree that someone on PS (who isn't me!) needs this. There's also the Aqueduct ring that has been posted before but I'll just bump it again. 1.74ct! MC2! Only $8500!

1723420482977.png

Yeah, I was surprised they had added some more estate pieces, and I may have picked up a pendant/brooch I absolutely didn't need...

Yeah, I was surprised they had added some more estate pieces, and I may have picked up a pendant/brooch I absolutely didn't need...

you can't say that and not post it!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP