shape
carat
color
clarity

The All New Ladies-In-Waiting Club!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
persistent, CONGRATS!!! How sweet that he just couldn''t wait to give it to you...and how exciting that you''ll be able to share it with your family now, instead of during the Christmas Chaos!!
5.gif
C''mon girl, I need my fix....RING PICS!!!
9.gif

amma, WELCOME and I hope your stay here is SHORT!!
2.gif

gingerBcookie
goldengirl
cute330xigrl
1215n
tlmd
LaurenThePartier
jenwill
palmbaybabe
denverkat
yanekie25
psuheather
twinkletoes
ootthibo
pokerface
blueroses
madarski
VAgal13
Brocksgirl24
allycat0303
aeli
Morticia
icekid
LuvthatSparkle
Kberly
KimberJEB
kit0110
Queenofhearts
Dodger Gurl
honeynut
stacy11101
Erin
Dani
flyerfan
appletini
lovey
LittleOne
Shay
Croi
happysnowbunny
dancinbaby
kayla17 (honorary member)
AMALEEKEL
JCJD (honorary member)
innerkitten(honorary member)
razza21
Binki
NoonersMom
kasih
persistent
blue824
kellypooh24
ammayernyc

I love it!!! So many new people added, I appear to be comfortably in the middle! Maybe there''s hope for me afterall
emgift.gif

Is anyone else going crazy in a slow office thinking about what might await you under the tree?? I don''t know if I can take much more. My BF has been hinting about giving me a "special" gift. We are supposed to exchange gifts between us tonight before we drive to Arkansas to see my family. My dad call a couple days ago and was just a little too excited over the phone. I have a feeling that my BF called to ask his permission. Work is so boring this week...nothing to do but obsess over my christmas present!!!!!
33.gif
But I am leaving early in a few hours and he is supposed to be at my apartment waiting for me. Time is going by soooooo slow!!!!

Congrats to those being crossed off. To everyone else Merry Christmas...hope you are coping better than I am!
26.gif
Hopefully you can count me in the bet as a cross-off!

whoa ! so much in 24 hours!

persistent ! congrats !! congrats !!! very wonderful news, enjoy sharing it with everyone over the holidays ! so exciting
9.gif

well, to catch up -

INVITES -
I think the ''look at me'' thing is a good point but that is not us at all, and there certainly wouldn''t be picks of us on anything else ! As I said it''s us very small in the corner and mostly scenery and it''s true that lots of family (on my side) have not even met him so it would be a good first intro (not that he won''t be easy to spot on the day ! even if he wasn''t dressed up, that old Italian look would make him rather conspicuous in a crowd of Irish people ! hhehe)
Anyway, I''m going to get some paper and play around with my ideas and get some feedback from him too.

I love the leaf cut-out invites. very nice. my friends had an October wedding and had leaves on vellum in the center of their invite, it was lovely.

My sister used that "Today I will marry my friend" stationary - it''s really lovely and sweet as anything, the two holding hands - I think it''s a great choice !!
1.gif

Now, here is my latest dilemma/question:::
I finally got a callback from the marquee hire place at home. I had no idea of prices (except of course that home is more expensive than here,
8.gif
) Anyway, I was quoted 3,000 euro for an 80'' X 20'' marquee. This price includes lighting, heating, carpet and inside walls that are lined (not sure how this goes or looks) with fabric so it''s less ''tent-like'' ......... add to that tables and chairs etc. and I''m hitting around 3,600 (very conservative estimate) and that in dollars (at today''s exchange rate) is $4,855.
23.gif

not good !!!!
so I did some searching and found a marquee I can buy in the UK (they won''t ship outside there but maybe I can swing something with some relatives or something) that is 8m X 4m (so approx. 24'' X 12'') for £350 sterling which, (again using today''s exchange rate) is $671.81). With this one I could buy two and put them together (you actually can) and have less space maybe but there''s a big BIG difference between $4,855 and $1,343 ..... and we wanted our day to be mostly outdoors with shelter for the rain, somewhere to sit and eat but not some huge hulking tent blocking all the scenery ....
so now that thing is ...........
do I fork out the big money knowing that I''ll have lights and heat blah blah blah .... or take my chances doing it ourselves ..... and hope for a good day and some help with the lights, heat etc. ?

I guess I wanted some feedback on whether 3,000 euro seems steep ........ I don''t know what marquee hire goes for here in the U.S.

suggestions and ideas would be REALLY appreciated !

PS. it also sucks working in all different currencies, especially with the dollar so low to the euro. right now we lose a quarter in every dollar
7.gif

PPS. DG, you are sooooooooo cute and sweet, where are you going to be meeting your honeypie ?? if you''re anywhere geographically close, I''d nearly take the pair of you out for a whiskey !

Date: 12/22/2004 3:48
6.gif
7 PM
Author: yanekie25
rfath, I love your site as well. Very nice. I wish it had inside pics though

oh, but there ARE inside pics on the webpage! Not too many, but it''s lovely wood everywhere!

Inside 1
Inside 2
Inside 3

Date: 12/22/2004 2:41:11 PM
Author: diamondgeezer
When I first met my now-fiance, he was actually seeing someone. She was actually seeing several someones at the same time.

that is terrible, why would someone do that? someone should tell her that people are not chocolates. whilst one chocolate is never enough, one person is plenty!

Yeah, the poor thing. I just *happened* to be around to help him once she unceremoniously dumped him. When she decided that she''d made the wrong choice a few months later... so sad, too bad.
2.gif

He''d had some appalling luck with girlfriends. I''m glad he was willing to take another chance!

(and he''s a chocoholic, too)

Happy Holidays to everyone and all my fingers and toes are crossed for all of you!!!
emgift.gif

Hope there are wonderful presents waiting, even if its not the e-ring!!! The boss just told us all to go home (YEA!!!) so i''m heading home to my family... and they havent seen my ring yet!!! It''ll be all the fun and exciting giddiness all over again... YEA!!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

NJC - and everyone

happy christmashanukkaholidaysolsticeyule everyone !

I might be the half (asked but no ring) like JCJD
(couldn''t think of a nicer person to be taking after !!
1.gif
)

the pics of the inside of that building are just stunning but it''s a dome of sky and cloud and air that would make my day complete .....
gods/goddesses are you listening ??? May 1st, Bealtaine - don''t forget !!!!
2.gif

have a GREAT weekend/Christmas everyone - anyone working tomorrow besides little old moi ???

37.gif

Merry Christmas!!!

Date: 12/23/2004 12:57:26 PM
Author: Erin
I love it!!! So many new people added, I appear to be comfortably in the middle! Maybe there''s hope for me afterall
emgift.gif

Oh, shut up.
41.gif

(
2.gif
)

MERRY CHRISTMAHANAKWANZAKA EVERYONE!!! I am *freakishly* excited to open the GIANT PILE of presents that has taken over my living room...we''re going to see the 7:30 showing of Polar Express tomorrow night, and then open our one present apiece; today, we''re hitting the grocery for all the stuff I''ll need to make a lovely Christmas dinner, plus orange rolls for Christmas morning--it''s a tradition.
5.gif
I took my roomie to the airport last night so it will be just me, Kyle, and the pup, in our cozy little Christmas celebration! It''s been hard keeping the pup OUT of the presents (he smells his!) so it will be so much fun to help him open them on Christmas morning...I imagine we''ll be like little kids, up at the crack of dawn, even though we''re grown and should probably just sleep in!
9.gif

croi -
PPS. DG, you are sooooooooo cute and sweet, where are you going to be meeting your honeypie ?? if you''re anywhere geographically close, I''d nearly take the pair of you out for a whiskey ! <grin>
could be that most romantic of all locations - Pittsburgh International Airport... lol but it depends when I get in, I could get a 50% more expensive flight, and get in at 4pm rather than 8pm or 11pm. I think I would rather get in at 4pm or 5:15pm and then get a cab to meet somewhere more romantic. you know, 11pm at an airport... not exactly a fairytale! I am not sure either of us will want to wait, but I want it to be special

Date: 12/22/2004 11:16:54 PM
Author: MelissaSue
The .5 is JCJD.. she already has her proposal.. but will get her ring soooooon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got it last night.
2.gif
I''ll post pics as soon as I can!!! The crazy boy had the ring in his coat pocket the entire time we were Christmas shopping, and didn''t let on at all!! I was about to go home after playing Tetris World with him, and he hugged me and said "I love you... and you know what?" *Fumbles in his pocket and gets down on one knee* "Will you marry me?"

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cross me off the list again!!! Yippee!!!!!

Croi - Awwww!! What a sweet thing to say!! I hope you''re the next half!
2.gif

wow DG, you really ARE so sweet.

hmmm, we''ll have to re-name you I think

DG. .......... DefinitelyGoshdarnedromantic
3.gif

yep, that''s it, for sure ... that''s your REAL name.

well, I think the ''not at the airport'' is cute but some of my happiest (and saddest) moments have been at airports. there''s nothing like waiting to run into your sweethearts arms, dropping all bags and galloping over all unfortunates in your path ........ it''s a great rush !
1.gif

but for a first meeting, I get your point ........ who knows a good place in Pittsburgh for these two loves birds to first feel those in-your-presence sparks fly ???

JCJD !!!!!
WHOOPDEEDOOOO !

that is the BEST news I''ve heard all day !!! I am sooooo delirah and excirah for you darlink !

hoorah hoorah ! she got her sparkly !!!!

PICTURES PRONTO PLEASE (wow, Sr. David would be waaaay impressed with my alliteration skills there !! heehheheh)

I am LOVING being on this list of SMILEYHAPPYPEOPLE (all sing along now !)

36.gif

Congratulations JCJD!!! I can''t wait to see the pictures!!!

Congrats Again, JCJD! Can''t wait to see the pics!

OK! New thread up in SMTR!! "JCJD''s ''One Ring'' is here!!" Thanks so much for all the support ladies (and diamondgeezer!!) You''ve been lifesavers!
35.gif

JC, how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS again!!!!!!!! am rushing over to your ring thread right now!!
6.gif

Oh wow! SO much going on! I feel out of touch. I can''t believe how many new people are here.

B.O.L : You seem to be doing really well throughout this breakup. Keep it up! I''m glad you''ve taken complete control of the situation.

AMMA: Welcome to the board!

Ok everyone, listen up. IT IS CHRISTMAS! This means that peak proposal time begins in about 24 hours. I can''t wait to see all the new rings. I''m so excited to see all the new sparkly. I''m not ready to be engaged yet, but I love living through other people. Good luck girls!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Amazing!

So hard to keep up with all of you!

Happy Holidays all! FI and I just finished wrapping up presents for my nephews. We''ll be spending the night with them tomorrow night and enjoy their exciting morning unwrapping Santa''s gifts.

We already opened our presents to each other...a ring and a trip to Park City. I couldn''t be happier. I hope everyone''s Christmas is as spectacular as ours already was!

Golden Girl--LOL I teach elementary school and use the hamburger fold all the time. I have a dear girl friend who made all of her invitations. There were beautiful and so personal. I say go for it.

Rfath- That is an amazing place! Wow!

MelissaSue- Same goes to you. When you find the place, you find the place! I guess I should start looking into locations, etc. I''ve just been basking in being engaged!

Okay, so bets on the holiday crossing off (not including JCJD--hurrah) I bet on 6!~ Go gettum!

Tybee

My parents have agreed to waiting for the theatre!!! Like I said, my mom had given me attitude about it, but then she talked to my dad about it.. and he said he didn''t mind waiting if I didn''t. He seemed pretty certain that we can get the theatre (he talked to them originally). So he is going to book our caterer, and then see if the theatre will at least "tentatively" book us, so that if they don''t have any shows coming in, at least no other couple will steal the site. The only thing is the max # of people it can hold is 120.. Which is FINE by me. but it may require some creative guest listing.

Date: 12/23/2004 11:10:30 PM
Author: MelissaSue
My parents have agreed to waiting for the theatre!!! Like I said, my mom had given me attitude about it, but then she talked to my dad about it.. and he said he didn''t mind waiting if I didn''t. He seemed pretty certain that we can get the theatre (he talked to them originally). So he is going to book our caterer, and then see if the theatre will at least ''tentatively'' book us, so that if they don''t have any shows coming in, at least no other couple will steal the site. The only thing is the max # of people it can hold is 120.. Which is FINE by me. but it may require some creative guest listing.
that is great!!! congratulations! that theatre is gorgeous, you will have a wonderful reception!

Ladies & Gent

Merry Christmas Eve

nollaig shona !!
er, that would be Merry Christmas in Irish - bit homesick I suppose ........

mornin'' all
35.gif

okay, so I''m stuck at work .............. plan to be on here all day ........
anyone else in the same boat ??

I don''t think I am going to be off the list over the holidays. I think it will be in mid to late January. Things have been crazy hectic and that pace is not his style - I know it''ll be quiet and perfect, but that kind of moment doesn''t look like happening over the hols !!
2.gif

I am not complaining at all - in fact I am so totally happy I can hardly believe it.

I have found him, I have really, really found him ......... the love of my life ........... and we''re going to be married !

Life just DOES NOT get any better than this !
9.gif

croi - I''m working all day today too. 12-7ish.. But then I''m going to see my nephew and neices and give them their gifts. So that will be fun.

Hope there are some diamonds for some girls here tonite or tomorrow!!!! everyone have a merry christmas and and enjoy the time with your loved ones!

http://www.newportmansions.org/page3759.cfm

hey MelissaSue

good to know I''m not the only one here. I just have been browsing and found this link for the Rosecliff Mansion in Newport.

If money were no object, I''d be tempted by here. It''s STUNNING, so fabulous ...... whenever I have visitors from home, I try to take them to see the mansions - so beautiful.
They filmed the ballroom scene for "True Lies" there and also "The Great Gatsby" - it is really gorgeous.

I am almost getting more excited for AFTER the holidays, because before I go home we are going to really try to get our plans in order so I can finalize some plans while I''m there.

I am sooooooooo ready to get out of here, hours to go yet !
20.gif

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Jeez, I go away for a few days and get 4 pages behind. You girls (and guy) are busy:)

So, we are going snow skiing over NEw Years, and Daniel decides to tell me (I ride horses BTW) that he had planned to do it while we were up there on a horse drawn sleigh ride in the snow. But, that he "dragged his feet" so now he can''t! Ok, a) that would have been perfect and awesome and now I am sad, but...b) at least I know he is that kind of thinking abot it AND having good ideas, so that is a relief.

Speaking of horses, I am going to see them...
Good luck to everyone with those Christmas sparklies.

Oh - I am definitely expecting SOMETHING sparkly over Christmas, just not THE sparkly...but I have seen the size of my gift bag...:)

Kimberly

I''m at work 7-noon today! 2 1/2 hours to go!

Everyone must be sleeping in or last minute shopping.

Croi I love your attitude! I guess in one aspect I''ve been heartbroken thinking - what if he doesn''t propose over the holiday. It would be hard to not be sad if he doesn''t (which he probably won''t). But you''re right - I''ve found the one and someday we will be married. I should be lucky that although I will have to wait - that time will be happily spent with the one I love.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP