shape
carat
color
clarity

The All New Ladies-In-Waiting Club!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
croi - that mansion IS gorgeous. I love big old ballrooms like that.

KimberJEB - I''m sorry that you found that out.. but as you said, at least it is "in the works" and it won''t be much longer now.. but it would have been perfect over your vacation. You will have to post your christmas sparkly even if it is not THE one!!! I want a christmas sparkly.. but I have been told I''m not getting any! The girls at work can hardly beleive I''d even ask for one! But you girls understand.. I''m sure!

Erin and Croi - Keep up that positive outlook! It will make your holiday much happier!

OH my gosh.. I had not SEEN the prices for the mansion. HOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY CRAPPPP!!
$8,500 High Season weekend (Fri/Sat) May 1 to September 30
PLUS
Estimate of additional fees for tables, chairs, staff, prep & clean up, etc. $4,500. Each event is custom-planned. Your actual cost will reflect your own choices for size of your event. (See additional information below.)
AND THAT DOESN"T EVEN INCLUDE FOOD OR DRINK???? I think my mother would have a HEART attack if she saw that.

LOL.. if I only had more money than I knew what to do with.. then I could have my wedding there!! Yikes!

26.gif

this is about how I am feeling right now !!

Erin, thanks for that ! I mean it though - I spent so long really thinking this would never happen for me ........ and how that it is, I don''t want to rush any of it, I want to savour it all !
18.gif

As for the mansions, hehehe, MelissaSue ... that was why I said "if money were no object!"
3.gif

Christmas tomorrow should be great. We''re having it at our best pals - she was my best friend but now the lads are good mates in their own right. She battled leukemia this year and is now cancer-free so we have lots to celebrate !

I can''t WAIT to ring in 2005 - I think it''s going to be a great year !

Hey, ladies, count me in on the working crowd today.
20.gif
My boss thought we''d be busy (NOBODY is going to BUY A HOUSE on CHRISTMAS EVE!!) so here I am, all alone in this huge building. The receptionists aren''t even here. At least I''m only pulling a half-day.
14.gif

Kimber, how exciting, he''s definitely got something planned!!! Maybe you''ll have an extra special "ring"-in-the-new-year???
2.gif

I''m with ya, Croi...I really feel like 2005 is going to be a great year. I''ve had some troubles this past year, with friends and finances and living situations, but I''m finally starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I think ''05 may be the year I get back above water! The future''s so bright...I gotta wear
10.gif
!!
2.gif

I just got back in from work, 8am-6pm, it is a clothes store, so we were packed!!! lol, got to go, food is ready
9.gif

GG: sorry you are at work today, at least you have PS to keep you occupied

I'm so glad that I did my grocery shopping early yesterday morning b/c all the grocery stores are packed (I do the cooking in my family)

I went to lunch with the BF and we are going to go and look at Ritani rings next week!!! I'm so excited!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF US IN WAITING!!!!!!....

.....and JCJD, oh my goodness, congrats!!!!!!

I can''t wait to see who''s next off the list!

My dad continues to improve and we continue to try to keep him resting and taking it easy. My sister and brother-in-law are now in town with their two little munchkins (remember the pic w/ the tiger and bear costumes?) and they are so precious. My baby nephew is just a little muffin--almost 4 months old--and the 2 1/2 year old is all over the place and so cute.....the older one and I went on a special Auntie/Nephew beach walk yesterday:) So even though there is no sparkly for me under the tree--or anywhere for that matter--it is wonderful to be with family, and we have a lot to be grateful for this year.

Oh, and while I was at Saks picking up a gift for my dad to my mom (still not letting him drive!!) I wandered over to the fine jewelry section and tried on a yummy antique 1.94 OEC cut with the most interesting setting--it was 4 double claw prongs, but they were set like the 3-6-9-12 positions on a clock (North south east west??) as opposed to the usual way you see 4 prongs. It was really unique and pretty--platinum with lots of filagree, etc. Just fun to wander over and try things on for kicks:)

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a BLINGY night!....and happy time with loved ones
36.gif
36.gif
17.gif
17.gif

blue, for your family there will be no greater Christmas present than your father''s health.
1.gif

To everyone, may the spirit of the season fill your hearts with peace and joy tonight...and your stockings with goodies tomorrow!!
2.gif

This is my absolute favorite day out of the whole year.
16.gif

For the record, this is where we stand! ;)

gingerBcookie
goldengirl
cute330xigrl
1215n
tlmd
LaurenThePartier
jenwill
palmbaybabe
denverkat
yanekie25
psuheather
twinkletoes
ootthibo
pokerface
blueroses
madarski
VAgal13
Brocksgirl24
allycat0303
aeli
Morticia
icekid
LuvthatSparkle
Kberly
KimberJEB
kit0110
Queenofhearts
Dodger Gurl
honeynut
stacy11101
Erin
Dani
flyerfan
appletini
lovey
LittleOne
Shay
Croi
happysnowbunny
dancinbaby
kayla17 (honorary member)
AMALEEKEL
JCJD (honorary member)
innerkitten(honorary member)
razza21
Binki
NoonersMom
kasih
blue824
kellypooh24
ammayernyc

So far in the PS pool, we have 1.5 proposals! :)

Merry Christmas everyone! Just taking a break from cooking to check and see if there are new sparklies on the scene.
All the best to you and your families.
35.gif

-lovey

lol, me 2! Hmm, who will be the person(s) posting tomorrow to be scratched off. MERY XMAS ALL!!!!! :) :)

LOL! I''ve been checking as well!!! I can''t wait to find out who will be crossed off the list!! Merry Christmas to all!!!

Merry Christmas to all of you ladies!
1.gif

I hope you all get everything you want! I''m not off of that list yet, but we have yet to go home to visit my parents for New Years in Vegas. I doubt it will happen then, but a girl can dream, can''t she?
2.gif

Hey ladies! I''m checking in too, which is kinda funny cuz we all know that those that DID get sparklies, wouldn''t have managed to get away from the family long enough to post about it, yet. :)

I had a GREAT Christmas, despite the lack of sparkly!! Hope you all did as well!! :)

Hey Croi, there was a girl on theknot.com who got married at the Newport mansion. I recognize the site. It looks GORGEOUS. Her wedding pics are breathtaking!!! It''s an absolutely perfect reception site. That terrace! I can only imagne what it cost, though
emotion-18.gif

Ack! I just realized where we are in this thread. I've been so busy cooking, spending time with family and stuffing myself that I have not been here since page 30 or so!! (how I keep track, lol) So I am reading along, I find Croi's post and i reply about Newport and voila, the end of the thread! Where IS everyone???

My honey had told me that he wanted me to have my sparkly to show off to my family at Christmas dinner! BUT, he did not tell me the jeweler took 4 weeks instead of 2 weeks to set the stone. I cuteified to the max yesterday - makeup, hair, clothes, suspicious lack of jewelery... and BF didn't do it!! I suspected he wouldn't, he has not gotten a haircut. He gets a fresh haircut either when he starts looking like Moses or when he has an event. This will be my big tipoff
12.gif

He confessed that he showed it to my mom, who apparently said "it is so BIG!"
3.gif

That means, girls....... IT IS IN THE HOUSE!!
23.gif

36.gif
I may be able to contribute to the holiday total. Cross your ring fingers for me!!!!!

Honeynut, oh yeah, you''ll definitely be adding to our PS pool total. ;)

Well, ladies? Anyone? Hello???? I need my fix here!!
9.gif
No sparkles in my Christmas, but that was expected. Regardless, it was a really good year! Among the highlights are an espresso machine, a new car stereo (to fill the hole of the one that was stolen out of my car, sigh), & a MyFi
9.gif
. But Kyle got me some smaller gifts which mean a lot to me although they probably didn''t cost much... like the Dr. Demento CD''s he bought me, to replace the ones that were stolen. Kinda an offbeat gift that took some thought, and something I really appreciate. :)

What was the best part of your Christmas?

Ok Ladies, Cross me off the list! See my new post.

Christmas Eve was really cool...it never snows in Houston (well maybe once every ten years, but never on Christmas, and it doesn't stick) and it did! So I went to my grandma's house to cook dinner for her and my dad and my best friend came over too. Well after dinner my best friend and I are just going crazy because of the snow and everything so we decided to go to Walgreens to buy some brial **** to look at, so we go and get three mags and cannot stop laughing by the time we get to cashier, b/c we know she's going to think we're psycho buying all the wedding magazines.

Here is a pic of my grandma's house with the snow...kind of dark, looks really cool (I know all of you who live up North will think that this is nothing, but its big deal here). Anyway the perimeter of the property has tons of oak trees and in the back there is a pavillion area (perfect for the band) and some other landscaping.

Also on Christmas day I made to trips to my aunt's house 1) with Grandma and dad and everyone kept asking about my man. I mentioned that when we get married we (I) want to do it at Grandma's house and they were all really excited, plus my aunt and I both love to party plan (and its great excuse to get some things fixed at Grandma's house) (2) later that night with the BF when he was done with family stuff

the attach file button isn''t working...I''ll try again later...

Well, it wasn''t me - just checking for some wonderful "Cross me off the list" entries! Where are they? My brother (6 years younger than I) got two phone calls yesterday while at my house from friends with Christmas e-stories. His friends are 23! My bf acted like he didn''t hear - plus we''ve know both couples through my brother and they''ve been dating about 1/2 the time we have and only one year for the other couple.

Nothing like that Santa Baby song on the radio either - ''Forgot to mention one little thing, a ring.'' (then I help sing) ''I don''t mean on the phone.''

CONGRATS Brocksgirl! Am running over now to your thread!
1.gif

gingerBcookie
goldengirl
cute330xigrl
1215n
tlmd
LaurenThePartier
jenwill
palmbaybabe
denverkat
yanekie25
psuheather
twinkletoes
ootthibo
pokerface
blueroses
madarski
VAgal13
Brocksgirl24
allycat0303
aeli
Morticia
icekid
LuvthatSparkle
Kberly
KimberJEB
kit0110
Queenofhearts
Dodger Gurl
honeynut
stacy11101
Erin
Dani
flyerfan
appletini
lovey
LittleOne
Shay
Croi
happysnowbunny
dancinbaby
AMALEEKEL
JCJD (honorary member)
razza21
Binki
NoonersMom
kasih
blue824
kellypooh24
ammayernyc

So far in the PS pool, we have 2.5 proposals! :)

Wow! There''s so much to catch up on. Good thing I took notes!
3.gif

DG - What a cute story about you and your sweetie. You''ll just love it over here!

MelissaSue - WOW!!! Gorgeous theater! Oh that would be perfect! I really hope you get to have it there!

Croi - In regards to your invitation question...my mom recieved a wedding invitation over the summer for one of her co-workers. It was very simple, white cardstock with blue writing, but they included a piece of blue vellum with the couple''s picture on it. It was very nice, but a bit difficult to see them. It was still very beautiful regardless. Plus it also gave us a picture of the happy couple and I was able to see what the groom looked like because I had never met him.

Congrats to both persistent and JCJD, as well as Brocksgirl24. I am very jealous!

I did fairly well all things considered over the holidays. My family has kept me very busy so I don''t have time to think about things, but its still hard from time to time. He''ll call and check on me daily, and we''ve got to talking normally. I miss him so much. I''m not getting married anytime soon and this is my favorite website, along with TheKnot. I even went to look at engagement rings the other day at our local mall, just for fun. They were all UGLY so I walked out of there crabby. And here I am, looking at pictures of wedding dresses I like, thinking of locations and ideas. And now I''m tearing up because I''m listening to the song that we were going to have as our first dance. It''s Peter Gabriel''s Book of Love. *sigh*

BOL: Be strong...each day will get easier I promise. My ex and I had several breakups (I always broke up with him) and he would be on his best behavior trying to get me back, but that would only last for a few weeks, and then he would go back to his old ways that would drive me nuts. Perhaps you''ll find a nice distraction for NYE!

Oh, BOL... ((hugs)) this must be so hard for you, but I am so proud to see you resolutely trudging through it. I promise, it will get better.

I know what you mean... this and UW are my favorite sites, and it would be hard to give them up were I in your position. Might I recommend finding a chat room that fits another of your likes or hobbies? I used to spend a lot of time on about.com''s chat rooms. Perhaps you could find a dog/cat forum, or a spirituality that interests you, or something of that nature? Not to replace these sites, but to supplement them, although you may find that you gradually spend more time there, and less here. It may help! Just something else, where you can still chat and make connections, but it isn''t a constant reminder of your breakup...

How blessed you are to have your family nearby. :)

Ladies Cross me off the list. He proposed christmas eve, of course I had just got out of the shower and had mhair in a towel. He sent me on this search around the house with clues, the final one had me walk into our bedroom and there he was on one knee. I just cried. I am sure he said some sweet things. It was like 12am, so we just waited until the morning to call everyone. He had it for over a week, but couldn't get in contact with my parents, since he wanted their blessing first.

Quick Stats: 2.14 ct. Modern brillant cushion, three sided pave setting, with double row on the top. I love it. Here is a quick pic.
3426%3B5%3B523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2329%3D%3B54%3D98%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23236%3C53%3A7242ot1lsi

oh yanekie!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats.. I''m so happy for you!! It was all worth the wait.. wasn''t it?

I wanna see pics on your HAND. The ring looks GORGEOUS!! Are you gonna make your own thread?

Melissa

Ohhhh yanekie, congratulations!!! I knew you''d be dropping during the "season"!
2.gif
It''s beautiful....it definitely deserves its own thread!
1.gif

gingerBcookie
goldengirl
cute330xigrl
1215n
tlmd
LaurenThePartier
jenwill
palmbaybabe
denverkat
yanekie25
psuheather
twinkletoes
ootthibo
pokerface
blueroses
madarski
VAgal13
Brocksgirl24
allycat0303
aeli
Morticia
icekid
LuvthatSparkle
Kberly
KimberJEB
kit0110
Queenofhearts
Dodger Gurl
honeynut
stacy11101
Erin
Dani
flyerfan
appletini
lovey
LittleOne
Shay
Croi
happysnowbunny
dancinbaby
AMALEEKEL
JCJD (honorary member)
razza21
Binki
NoonersMom
kasih
persistent
blue824
kellypooh24
ammayernyc

So far in the PS pool, we have 3.5 proposals! :)

Congrats Yanekie!!!!!!!

It looks beautiful! I can''t wait to see what it looks like on your hand!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP